While I never voted for the man, I did respect his honor, intelligence and commitment to our country and I think our country could use several more human beings of his caliber. 

RIP John McCain

An opinion piece was written about Senator McCain by retired Col. Jack Jacobs.   It brings a military perspective to the service of Senator McCain which might surprise some of your who have never served or actually considered what that entails..

About Col. Jack Jacobs:   "Retired Col. Jack Jacobs earned the Medal of Honor for exceptional heroism on the battlefields of Vietnam. He also holds three Bronze Stars and two Silver Stars. Jacobs is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and a military analyst for NBC/MSNBC. His memoir, “If Not Now When?: Duty and Sacrifice in America’s Time of Need,” won the 2010 Colby Award."

His article about Senator McCain can be found via the link below:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/john-mccain-s-military-record-legacy-warrior-who-learned-his-ncna903916

Edited by Daddydavek
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Thanks for posting this link Dave. Senator McCain was obviously a very brave man and a patriot. His detractors aren't qualified to pass judgement on him so their views mean little. 

• Like 3

Senator McCain was a great statesmen and Patriot.

A politician thinks of the next election. A statesman, of the next generation

He was a great stateman, he might not have been a perfect man, nor someone I could agree with in all things, but he did what he thought was right and necessary for the country he loved. In an age where truth and political polarization dominates perspectives, people who put country before politics are hard to find.

Edited by W_L
  • Like 2