How do I set my story notifications?

Go to solution Solved by Reader1810,

I’m trying to figure out the most optimal way to set my story notifications. I would like to receive a notification when new content to a story I follow is posted. I would like to receive this notification when I log onto the website only, and not receive any emails. I don’t see a “website only” notification setting option available. 

I had some luck with setting it to “no notifications” — I get an alert of new content for some stories, but not all. I missed some story updates this way.  

I wouldn’t mind that email notifications so much if I had the option to NOT be notified when there is a comment. Those emails are taking over my inbox. Also, the emailed comment notifications are less useful since it doesn’t specify which story. I follow the comments for some stories, but not all. If I receive an email that a reader has commented on “chapter 25” - I have no clue which of the many stories I follow this is in reference to, unless I link over to the website, which seems like an extra step that I shouldn’t have to make.

Sorry for the tangent - I know his last bit is not really a question, but if anyone has any advice on navigating the system, I’m all ears (or eyes, as the case may be.)

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
  • Solution

Hi CscottyCA

What you're describing sounds like what I went through when I was trying to figure out the best way to receive story notifications. 

There are two sections to the Notifications list. This is what the Stories options (part of it, that is) looks like in the second section. The column on the far right is for emails, the one in the middle is for notifications. Toggle the switch to the on position for the notifications you wish to receive then save your options using the save button at the bottom of the page. 

Good luck!

265720908_ScreenShot2018-08-31at12_28_17PM.png.0fc6b6a8e08568239cd22d0685865e95.png

• Like 2