Spider-Man on PS 4

• Site Administrator

So this is a thing.  The reviews have been outstanding.  I played the first mission up to the first boss fight this morning.  It's a beautiful looking and sounding game on the PS4 Pro.  Outstanding really.  The little I've played so far, reminds me of Batman Arkham series but with a much more kinetic character to control.  

My only complaint is with the PS4 controller.  12 years of using xbox's stellar controller and the steaming pile of crap that is the PS4 (more like POS) controller makes playing anything an exercise in frustration.  I mean seriously.. where the hell is the guide on what an R1 vs R2 vs R3 means?  That's just stupid. And the layout is not built for large hands.  The controller sucks in the extreme.  I'm looking to see if I can find a decent PS4 with the xbox physical layout...  Otherwise I'll have to just play this game in story mode, because I spent more time fighting the controller than I did enemies on the screen...

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure if you're familiar with SCUF, but their Vantage controller is very similar to an Xbox layout. They also have additional paddles that you can map on the back of the controller.  They aren't cheap by any stretch, but might be worth checking out if your biggest complaint with PS4 is their controller style.  I know there are other 3rd party controllers as well, but I'm not overly familiar with the market.

I still haven't played this game, but will probably pick it up at some point...

• Like 1