I just finished Sword of Kings tonight having read on and off as time allowed since starting it last weekend. Great timing in that the last chapters were posted yesterday. I enjoy a good fantasy (heh, talking stories here--not the fruits of my imagination), and I definitely enjoyed this one.

Of course there were times I would have liked to have jumped in and slapped some sense into Kieren. I'll have to pass the incongruities in his behavior off as a teenager struggling to cope with a serious life change and serious new responsibilites, but I guess this was another way of conveying the realities of such situations--heroes aren't perfect and you don't always finish a task with all those you set out with.

Thank you, Bill, for writing (may I call you Bill? :) ). I for one wouldn't be adverse to seeing more unfold in this world.

I just finished Sword of Kings tonight having read on and off as time allowed since starting it last weekend. Great timing in that the last chapters were posted yesterday. I enjoy a good fantasy (heh, talking stories here--not the fruits of my imagination), and I definitely enjoyed this one.

Of course there were times I would have liked to have jumped in and slapped some sense into Kieren. I'll have to pass the incongruities in his behavior off as a teenager struggling to cope with a serious life change and serious new responsibilites, but I guess this was another way of conveying the realities of such situations--heroes aren't perfect and you don't always finish a task with all those you set out with.

Thank you, Bill, for writing (may I call you Bill? :) ). I for one wouldn't be adverse to seeing more unfold in this world.

You may call me Bill and I'm glad you enjoyed this. I figured most characters (or should I just say people?) are flawed or have trouble adjusting to new realities, especially if one was 15 and had all this thrust upon him in such a short time. I think we all tend to have our moments of doubt and our moments of certainty, although they aren't always consistent.

Thanks again for letting me know what you thought.

Bill

It's been great to see that Bill W is back after quite a long hiatus, and is posting new chapters to his lengthy serial novel, "Sword of Kings."

So, what does everyone think about the story?

Thank you, Little Budha, and my apologies for not responding sooner. It's good to be back and have the time, energy and inclination to write again.

Bill

It's been great to see that Bill W is back after quite a long hiatus, and is posting new chapters to his lengthy serial novel, "Sword of Kings."

So, what does everyone think about the story?

Yes, I missed you while you were gone :hug: and not just because I edit for you.

I liked how the story unfolded. The characters were interesting with their own quirks.

Spoiler:

I was especially pleased when Romeric popped back on the scene. I felt awful when he fell. I was glad that Kieran didn't have to stab Madumda with the sword - merely bring it into contact with him. That was a stroke of genius.

Congratulations Bill, on a story well-told!

• 4 years later...

Hi, I'm fairly new to this forum, and by looking through the forum for some recommended stories. And found "Sword of Kings", but can't seem to find the revised version, and wanted to ask if it is gone or I am just not looking closely.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me :)