Okay so this is the first time I've ever read a complete serial at GA in one sitting. WOW! That was a truly amazing job Luc. It was extremely intense and emotional. I haven't cried so much since I moved (and I have cried a pretty good bit - from other sad stories and movies mostly). I felt like a voyeur at many points. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

I truly think this is one of the best pieces on love that I've ever read. Deeply moving and inspiring, and nicely sad too. AWESOME job! I can't wait to read the rest of your work (but I shall have to wait until another day at least). Take care and WOW :2thumbs:

Kevin

Okay so this is the first time I've ever read a complete serial at GA in one sitting. WOW! That was a truly amazing job Luc. It was extremely intense and emotional. I haven't cried so much since I moved (and I have cried a pretty good bit - from other sad stories and movies mostly). I felt like a voyeur at many points. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

I truly think this is one of the best pieces on love that I've ever read. Deeply moving and inspiring, and nicely sad too. AWESOME job! I can't wait to read the rest of your work (but I shall have to wait until another day at least). Take care and WOW :2thumbs:

Kevin

:) I'm really glad you liked Interlude. It is my favorite of everything I have written. I will admit that I cried while writing it. Got very attached to Devin and Anton especially. I still cannot read Interlude without a box of tissues handy. I suppose my own feelings and deep emotional involvement with this story shows a bit in the story itself. Which I guess is a good thing :)

Thanks for letting me know how you felt about it. I really appreciate that. :hug:

:) i'm glad someone else has said just how wonderful this story is i love it so much and it will always be my number one story and I still remember that conversation at the end of interlude as if it were yesterday :) Edited by Mark_L
  • 11 months later...

Wow, that's great! I've just read the story and I was really touched. I cried, especially when reading about Anton and Devin. Such powerful emotions! And you narrate the story so well that we, readers, feel each feeling. You paint with words! I had never seen or felt love to this extent till I read 'Interlude'.

Great story witha great style!

Ieshwar

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, that's great! I've just read the story and I was really touched. I cried, especially when reading about Anton and Devin. Such powerful emotions! And you narrate the story so well that we, readers, feel each feeling. You paint with words! I had never seen or felt love to this extent till I read 'Interlude'.

Great story witha great style!

Ieshwar

Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Anton and Devin ... I suppose being completely in love with your own characters must hint at some form of mental illness; but as I have said more than once, when my mind finally snaps and I am trapped in my own word forever, I want that world to be Anton and Devin's.

I really appreciate the 'paint with words' comment. That is what I always set out to do when I write, to use my words to paint pictures that people can see and feel. :) I'm glad I succeed once in a while.

Thanks for taking the time to read and to let me know what you thought and felt. That means much more to me than I can ever say.

I really appreciate the 'paint with words' comment. That is what I always set out to do when I write, to use my words to paint pictures that people can see and feel. :)I'm glad I succeed once in a while.

You succeed far more than "once in a while", Luc ;)

• 4 weeks later...

OMG, there aren't even words to describe how beautiful this story is. Each chapter was a rollercoaster of emotions...And Devin and Anton! :wub: OMG! I've never come so close to outright sobbing while reading before. Seriously, it took everything I had to hold it together (I was at work, lol) and I'm so grateful to you for sharing this story with us. This story actually gave me hope that true love is out there.

So...

Thank you. Seriously, thank you.

^_~

I found the story concept to be especially unique and imaginative. Two half souls, desiring only to be joined as one, moving through the ages. Even when their lives came together only briefly, it seemed enough as their true connection to one another did not rely on a physical reality.

The story was at its best during the times when life separated them. Superbly done, Luc.

Conner

P.S. I think I'm going to spend more time in hotel lobbies. :D

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Okay...I'm a bit late on this, but here it is, my review (being that I'm typing from my mobile, I will try to keep it as short as possible): On another member's recommendation, I started reading the story, and I got hooked into it from the very first paragraph. The way you describe things is unbelievable, but I guess it is your rich descriptive style of writing that made the unbelievable believable, the unseen seen, the characters so real - despite of not having a great deal of part. Every single characters shined through your work, and left a distinct impression on us readers, even the ones that we saw for a very limited amount of time. But Devin and Anton definitely takes the maximum footage. I especially loved the way Anton says "my Devin" all the time - it literally makes my heart melt. Both of their characters are sweet, innocent, lovable, pure, innocent and immensely romantic. These two characters literally makes me want to fall in love and have a partner like Anton or Devin - what charming characters they were. I also never knew - would have never known - if it weren't for this story that I'd love (yeah, actually love) fem-slash elements. I never read female-on-female story before, never thought it would hold my interest for much long, but this one did. I pretty much lived through this story. I loved the message you presented here - that true love finds each other no matter the circumstance, the time, the gender.

Unlike many though, I did not feel depressed or cried reading the story. From the very beginning you made it clear that if not in this world, you are going to get your love in the next one. And anyone who is spiritual (consider me as one) will find comfort on that thought. As such, the deaths or partings did not trouble me that much. True love will find its way; if not now, then later, maybe in some other time. And this message is what made your story so refreshing and heart-warming to read.

I won't lie though, I'd troubles keeping up with the story, which isn't your fault but mine - I found myself getting heavily confused with the way the story was shaping, but after a while, it got okay. I have a few issues with your story as well. Don't take my words harshly or at any face value - this is just my opinion - I found the constant reference to the 'green-blue-eye' thing a bit monotonous (though I see its significance), and I feel the sex could have been trimmed down a bit, or intimancy or love could have been depicted in some other way. But that's all, and it's not really that big a deal. Overall, it's a great story with a great message. This is the first story of yours that I read, now I might as well go hunt for more of your stuffs!

P.S. Now I want someone like Anton or Devin. ;)