Show yourself?

Very handsome Yang. Did you tell those girls you're off-limit? LOL!

Johnathan, yes, you can try those glasses Xeran suggested, perhaps in jadeite color, if you can pull it off (can't make out the color of his hair. Brown or black?). Larger rim (called Wayfarer, 1950's hipster style), if your face is rounder. Rectangle shaped glasses are more suited for longer faces (general rule, there is no absolute right or wrong. You can look good if it fits you). Grape color might work on Pai-kun. Otherwise, your glasses are fine (staring at his hair...). You don't need to spend money to look good.

Edited by Ashi
  • Like 1

Very handsome Yang. Did you tell those girls you're off-limit? LOL!

Johnathan, yes, you can try those glasses Xeran suggested, perhaps in jadeite color, if you can pull it off (can't make out the color of his hair. Brown or black?). Larger rim (called Wayfarer, 1950's hipster style), if your face is rounder. Rectangle shaped glasses are more suited for longer faces (general rule, there is no absolute right or wrong. You can look good if it fits you). Grape color might work on Pai-kun. Otherwise, your glasses are fine (staring at his hair...). You don't need to spend money to look good.

I should post a picture of my glasses, they'd be better for him than me to be frank. The ones Xeran posted or okay, kind of plastic looking. If he got solid, rectangular looking frames it would be better. Not incredibly thick, but thicker than the bendy ones he has now. Then again, the Wayfarer could look good, its kind of hit or miss, but they are pretty large and whimsical frames. Usually Wayfarer is more reserved for sunglasses, but those frames can be adapted but they are expensive, since Ray-ban coined the term, I think. Armangelio Zegna is what I wear, no idea on the spelling, but they/he makes good frames too.

Why am I even being helpful? Hahahaha.

• Like 5

Because you can't help it? ;-D We know you're good. Let's give him a green point for that (to piss him off! :D)!

And when you'll be posting your glasses here, have them on! ;-)

Why not getting something cool like mine?! So many people stop me to compliment them. Good convo starters! Too bad they stopped making the Guitar Glasses. I believe they are Panama Jacks'

Edited by Rush

Why not getting something cool like mine?! So many people stop me to compliment them. Good convo starters!

Those are uber cool. Mine are purple, tinted, with pink diamonds (not real) along the sides... so yeah... show stopping too :)... like the rest of me.

Hi from Japan!

Here's my new best friend Hachiko (anyone that hasn't read the story of Hachiko should definately do so):

Posted Image

And anyone that thought the Statue of Liberty was in New York is wrong. Lose 5 points. It's in Odaiba in Tokyo.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Then again, the Wayfarer could look good, its kind of hit or miss, but they are pretty large and whimsical frames. Usually Wayfarer is more reserved for sunglasses, but those frames can be adapted but they are expensive, since Ray-ban coined the term, I think. Armangelio Zegna is what I wear, no idea on the spelling, but they/he makes good frames too.

You're helpful because you care. Awww.... :D

After a quick search, it's Ermenegildo. I wasn't sure about Zegna's first name either, but I knew you were way off. :P

As for Wayfarer, the first time I saw it's comeback was from J. Crew. A model wore it (as eye glasses). They made him look dorky when I first saw the picture, but they worked for him. Yes, they're for reading glasses too, not just for sunglasses. If you can find a picture of James Dean wearing them, that'll give you an idea. The classic colors were black or tortoise.

(Non-glossy) Tortoise might work for Johnathan, though some idiots might tease him at first. A few years back there was a tortoise fad. I still have a pair of them. They still look cool on me, but I may have to change the gradient lenses for something else before I show my age.... Like Wayfarers, tortoise can either make you look glamorous or a total dork. Wear them with confidence....

Brown-black color is cool, Johnathan. It's very classy for a British gentleman. :) I need to know your hair color because that means lighter green won't work for you (unless you're really going for that high contrast look, which is very attention grabby. For photo shoot it's okay, not for everyday stuff). Matte frames and darker shades are (usually) better for you.

Rush, your glasses are cool. I have a guitar belt! I think they'll match. I don't play a guitar, so please don't ask. :P

Tomon, those looks like 1969 jeans I have. Mine are torn.... Couldn't get them anywhere anymore. Hachiko..., is that (Minamoto) Yoshitsune's dog or something like that? Or is it the Satomi eight heroes story? And there is another small Statue of Liberty in Paris. :P