Bug? Read This. Updated 3:00 PM May 29 05/29/2017If you are experiencing a bug, Please Read Here before posting or submitting a support request.
Users are allowed to have only one (1) member account. Users are not permitted to sign in under another member's account. Any violation of this rule may result in immediate termination of the person's member account.
You must disclose in your signature if you are an active agent of a political party or other political organization that would be subject to campaign finance laws. Due to the inclusion of minors on this site, all members must post an accurate age on their profile.
The following applies to ALL areas of the site (Forums, Blogs, Chat, Status Updates, GA Stories Reviews, etc):
- Disruption of the Site: Posts or other behavior, which either is intended to, or has the effect of, disrupting the forums, the site, or the GA community, will not be tolerated. This includes posting in all caps, posting derogatory comments about religion or discussing politics outside of designated areas.
- Spamming: Spam will be removed and the member responsible will be subject to disciplinary action. This includes the multiple posting of an identical or similar post on one or more of our Forums.
- Solicitation: Spamming the forums with repeated advertisements (posting the same notice/message/link in multiple forums for the sole purpose of advertising) is not allowed. Advertisement of for-profit sites including but not limited pay-for-view story or pornographic sites will be removed and the member responsible subject to moderator action. Links to personal profit/fundraising sites (Patreon, GoFundMe, etc) are not permitted without prior approval.
- Harassment: Harassment will not be tolerated. Anything deemed as harassment will be removed and the member responsible will be subject to disciplinary action as deemed appropriate by site management.
- Vulgarity and Sexual Explicitness: If you can't say it during prime time on network television or the radio, then don't post it here. Don't bother inserting ***s instead either. We want to keep the site clean, and there is little that vulgarity adds to the content anyway.
- Post Content: Posts should be in English. Do not use all caps. Post links to articles, not the article itself. Use quote tags ([ QUOTE][ /QUOTE]) when responding to another person’s post.
Uploaded images or direct links cannot contain the following content:
- Strategically covered nudity (eg: arms and legs covering genitals or breasts)
- Sheer or see-through clothing
- Lewd or provocative poses
- Close-ups of breasts (women), buttocks, or crotches
- Partially clothed underage persons (below 18 years of age)
- Posts Compromising Member Privacy - Do not post private information about other posters. This includes full names, places of employment or schooling, email addresses, street addresses, telephone numbers, etc.
- Copyright Violations: Warning! Intense Legal Content Ahead: Do not publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information; upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws(or by rights of privacy) unless the user owns or controls the rights thereto or has received all necessary consents; upload or attach files that contain viruses,corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded; or falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded; Finally, do not download any file posted by another user that the user knows, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner. Translation: If it doesn't belong to you, DON'T post it without permission AND attribution (giving credit to where it is from). Do not pass along viruses and other bad things that harm computers.
Signatures must be under 200 pixels high and cannot be wider than 600 pixels wide (images, text, and blanklines combined.) .GIF images must be constant for three seconds.
Gay Authors Stories Archive:
Members may, at anytime, remove their selected, or collective, works without any further obligation to GayAuthors.org, its site management team, or its parent company CDEJR Web Services, LLC. Stories posted at GayAuthors.org:
- Must not be solely adult in nature. All stories on GA must have a plot that exists beyond the sexual theme of the story. We recommend no more than 50% of the story be focused on sexual activities or themes.
- Must have a minimum of 1000 (One Thousand) words to be listed as a story on its own. Flash Fiction, short stories, and/or poetry that do not meet the 1000 word minimum must be grouped into a story collection, by making use of the "Chapter" feature.
- Must have characters that are of like age groups. A 15 and 18 year-old couple in high school are a like age group even if one is technically ‘overage’. A 13 and a 19 year-old couple are not like age groups. Minors and adults are NEVER like age groups.
- Must not sexualize children and preteens, or portray them in a light to appear sexually arousing to adults.
- Must not contain necrophilia.
- With rape or sexual abuse for titillation, glorifying suicide or drug use, bestiality or cannibalism are moderated content. Any stories with these themes are subject to further moderator review and may be rejected.
- Containing any content such as drug use, abuse of any kind, incest, suicide, etc… allowed on the site MUST be properly rated, tagged, and include written warnings added to the story and/or chapter notes to warn readers of what will be included in the story so readers sensitive to these subjects will not be unaware of the story's themes.
Stories that do not meet these requirements may be removed by Site Management.
Using the Report Feature:
If at anytime a member finds fault with a post, or discovers something that may be against site rules, the member is expected to use the "Report" Feature. This feature can be found at the bottom of every one of GayAuthors.org's 200,000--and growing--posts. The use of this feature will alert Forum Moderators and Site Administration to the potential issue. Posting a response may potentially escalate the situation into more than it needs to be, so instead please use the report function. Failure to use this function and posting a response may result in member involvement in Moderator action which they were trying to avoid.
A Note on the Forum Warning System:
The warn system operates on a points basis. Members warning levels are visible to only the individual member involved, Global Moderators, and Site Administrators. The warnings systems sole intention is to act as a visual reminder when posting & visiting the forums after the point level has been raised.
The current overall levels for the accumulation of warn points, not for individual violation amounts are as follows:
The Current Actions
25 points = 7 days no Posting
35 points = 7 Days Post Moderation
50 points = 7 day Site Suspension
75 Points = 14 day Site Suspension
100 points = Permanent Ban
After receiving an increase in warning level, a member's on site action will be reviewed periodically and the warning level will be reduced as deemed appropriate.
The site management team will never disclose any details of a disciplinary action without the prior consent of all parties involved. This includes all Site personnel, any complainants, witnesses, and the member with whom the disciplinary action was leveled against.
Rule Lawyering: Using published rules to attempt to escape and/or mitigate the final determination of the Forum Moderation Team or Site Management is a violation of community standards and will not be considered a defense. GA management will always act to enforce the "Spirit of the Law".
CDEJR Web Services, LLC (GayAuthors.org site Management & Administration) retains the right to change and/or modify these Member Rules & Community Standards at anytime without prior notification.
This copy of Member Rules & Community Standards--posted 5/6/2016--supersedes any previously posted or publicly available copies.