Jump to content
    AC Benus
  • Author
  • 3,554 Words
  • 6,775 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bound & Bound – the Curse and the Captives – - 1. Chapter 1: Falling Through a Tunnel

 

 

 

Bound & Bound

– the Curse and the Captives –

 

 

 

 

"Freedom is existence."

Jean-Paul Sartre

 

 

”When we are dead,

seek not our tomb in the earth,

but find it in the hearts of men.”

Rumi

 

 

 

 

 

 

A Modern Gothic Novel

by AC Benus

 


 

 

 

 

for

THE FOURTEEN-YEAR-OLD BOY

who conceived of this book.

I hope he can look up to me

with some pride

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Contents

 

 

Chapter 1: Falling Through a Tunnel

Chapter 2: The Cemetery

Chapter 3: Letter from the Dead

 

Chapter 4: Arbitrary

Chapter 5: Stay Away from Me

Chapter 6: The First Pick Blow

 

Chapter 7: The Scrying

Chapter 8: On the Balcony

Chapter 9: Strained Circumstances

 

Chapter 10: Rumi in the Pit

Chapter 11: Rape of Ambition

Chapter 12: Complex Feelings

 

Chapter 13: Vamp Club

Chapter 14: Spider's Web

Chapter 15: Train Ride to Sighisoara

 

Chapter 16: Lady on the Loggia

Chapter 17: With Eyes Raised to God

Chapter 18: "Did you hear me?"

 

Chapter 19: A Monster's Birthplace

Chapter 20: The Well in the Woods

Chapter 21: Blood Betrothal

 

Chapter 22: The Guest; Fate's Choice

Chapter 23: A Stroke of his Belly

Chapter 24: Ecstasy

 

Chapter 25: Climbing the Rook

Chapter 26: In the Bear Pit

Chapter 27: Family Crest

 

Chapter 28: The Love Word

Chapter 29: Black Heart

Chapter 30: Rapt Disbelief

 

Chapter 31: Bound & Bound

Chapter 32: Molybdomancy

Chapter 33: Rising Water

 

Chapter 34: Water Versus Heart

Chapter 35: Respect

Chapter 36: Under the Floor

 

Chapter 37: Hoia-Baciu

Chapter 38: Executor

Chapter 39: Full Circle

 

Chapter 40: Denouement

 

 


 

Chapter 1: Falling Through a Tunnel

 

LIGHTNING MOMENTARILY BLINDS ME. Dream-like, the space within my head bristles with static, and ionized particles leave the taste of blood on the back of my tongue.

In that self-imposed darkness, raindrops pelt my cheeks and forehead like shearing points of ice. From there they pour unchecked straight down into my eyes.

Thunder rumbles over my chest, within which my heart burns like fire: I am powerless, afraid, and very cold.

I draw my eyes open again while licks of lightning reveal my destination through the black night. A road winds along a stream's crooked course ahead of me, and white-hot spectres of fulmination silhouette a mountain as they dance a fury behind it. Atop its craggy peak a castle is outlined and featureless, save for menacing turret teeth and spiked roof pinnacles.

I am sitting in a cart. The motion of the driver in front catches my attention. He raises his whip, and Crack!, he hurries his lank horse along.

Thunder rolls persistently. It joins the vibrations rising from the rough cartwheels to further rattle me.

Trying to move my hands causes instant regret. In agony I realize that they are pinned tightly behind my lower back. Rope that feels like the woven matrix of a thousand needles sears by grinding within the open sores of my lashed wrists.

I shake the icy rain from my face like a dog; it's then that I notice what I am wearing. It is a long shirt the colour of the night around me, and as rough in its woollen texture as sandpaper against my skin. It is plain in the extreme, and seems mostly like a sack with arm slits. My bare legs and feet are folded under me for warmth, but they are still shivering where the rain touches them.

Something makes me turn. The whole time, another man has been in the cart with me. He is tied up too, but overall he appears much different than I do. For one, at about thirty, he's five or six years older than I am, and his attitude is sharp and confrontational. His clothes are vibrant and well made: baggy trousers in a light colour, and a pieced-together shirt of red and yellow bands drawing together in a "V" down the centre of his powerful chest. One would think he'd display signs of being sympathetic to our shared plight, but I have to say, he only seems angry, angry with me perhaps.

His dark features are chiselled; aquiline. A well-shaped beard does not hide but only enhances his determined face – perhaps the face of a warrior – a soldier in the in-between time of fight and rest.

He glances at me like I am worthless to him. Like his misery, which by right of experience is mine too, is a burden to him.

In the distance a crow caws, and I turn to regard the shadowy castle again. I do not know where I am, but I fear the place I am going to with my whole being.

Lightning sears, and I snap my eyes shut to feel and taste my internal static one more time, for when I open them again, everything is different.

Gone is that feeling of surrender, gone too is the cold and night.

I stand in a courtyard.

The late afternoon day is warm, but my stomach is chilled and knotted.

"Is this a dream?" I ask myself.

I glance around the court. The irregular sides are a mixture of bare rock walls, fancy-carved stonework, and galleries that rise several stories. Running columns and arches peer down from the second and third levels.

The sun is setting and casting a vermillion-orange glow over everything, including the two prisoners being held to their knees before me.

Through my moment of disorientation, I glance powerlessly down at my rising hands. My clothes are fancy, silk I guess, and gold lace trims the coat that I am wearing. This dark green outer jacket is cut so that it comes down to my mid-thigh. My waist is secured with a leather belt over the jacket, and it is one that is so long, the end is looped through the cinching to hang loose as a dog's tongue by my right kneecap. A scabbard and sword are attached to this belt, and my hand goes to the hilt as if that is its accustomed resting spot.

The men – the prisoners – are made to bow their heads by the pair of guards behind them. The one to my left is the strong one from the cart, although the fighting spirit I saw then is now turned to something else. To what I do not know, but it is just as fierce as when first seen.

A woman steps up from behind me and touches my right elbow. She wears clothes as elaborate as mine: a flame-red silk gown with gold embroidery encrusting every exposed edge. When I glance at her face, and at her savage beauty, I find that I hate her with my whole being. She is the one making me do this, do this thing that knots my gut into regret even for an act not yet played out.

Her touch at my elbow becomes a searing grip.

Somewhere distant, a crow caws.

"All right," I tell her, and mean 'You win.'

To the guards I command, "Take them, to where they belong."

The watchmen kick the prisoners to their feet, and the lashed men stumble over the cobblestones, as the unnatural shift of balance with hands pinned behind them makes equilibrium a challenge.

The men are further booted and shoved towards a low stone wall. I do not know what it is, but it has a broad curve to it, and a course of capstones brings it to about half a metre high.

My sword rattles slightly. This woman whom I hate has slipped her hand through the crook of my arm with deceptive ease. We walk through the court, trailing the confined men.

When they get there, the prisoners are roughly propelled to their knees right before the wall. Boot heels are placed high on the men's backs, between the shoulder blades, and force the men to bend.

Their upper chests and necks are laid flat on top of the wall. They rotate heads to look at one another.

A shirtless castellan appears from one of the doorways. He is the commanding officers of the guards, and as such, must play another role in the castle as well. Now he wears only black leather trousers and boots. In his hand, and slung backwards over one shoulder, he carries a crescent-honed broad-axe. On his face rides an atramentous mask in the maddening form of a raven – as ink-dark as night itself – and one that obscures his features, all of his features except for his disconcertingly human eyes.

I confront the woman. "No, it's not too late."

She tosses an iniquitous chortle in my face. It is one of false amusement couched in contempt for my 'weakness' of spirit.

I do not have to be psychic to know what she thinks of me. So, why then is it that in this heart I occupy, I know that once I loved this monstrous creature; that once this 'thing' made me both proud for my manhood to possess her, and content to have her love own me to my very fibre – but not now.

By the low stone wall, the two lashed men speak softly. It is a strange language, but by tone alone I know the soldier captive is angry. He seems to be spitting out a vendetta-laden threat, but the other one – who is younger and more soulful – appears to be comforting his companion in warm tones.

The guards back away, and the raven-masked executioner steps up besides the soldier prisoner. The castellan tests the blade angle against the warrior's neck and finds the right position to assume a wide-legged stance.

He raises the axe. It is drawn back in spring-like tension over the executioner's head.

I yell at the woman, "Wait – No!"

The cruel one's derisive laugh rings out and pings shrill echoes against every stony corner of the courtyard.

The axeman's oddly human eyes are locked onto her from behind his raven mask.

She nods.

The iron blade swings though the air with the sound of thunder cracking.

Wreathing my head, and amplified through the amber-hued twilight, echoes boom as if from a cloudless sky.

Then, seemingly in slow motion, the man's neck is severed while his partner watches with unflinching gaze.

The clanging of steel against flinty stone rings like a bell as blood drenches blade, head and copestone.

My hands rise momentarily to stop up my ears, but the reverberations deafen me. The sound recoils through my head like thunder in a bottle, or a bird screeching within a closed off room. My tightly clenched eyes nevertheless see the dead man's head fall.

It rotates slowly as gravity pulls it down to fall as if through a stone tunnel.

The executed man's features turn to me. His eyes are open, but instead of appearing angry, or fearful, they look ecstatic.

 

˚˚˚˚˚

 

Thunder rumbles and cracks sharply. I rise bolt upright in bed, bending at my waist, and hands flailing out as if to catch my breath. In another moment, I pause and listen. All that I can tell from my environment is that I am awake, sitting in the dark, and frightened with the fearful images still floating through my head. I grope around my immediate area, confirming I am as I left me: on top of my summertime sheets, wearing only my boxers.

Panting, the built-up layer of sweat on my chest and arms is instantly cooled by the breeze coming through the open window. Slowly, some clarity of thought finds me in my malaise. The clatter of thunder must have only been a 506-line streetcar rolling past on Carlton three stories below.

I inhale deeply, and let my rigid spine slump a bit.

"It was just a dream." My whisper sounds desperate to convince, but I have no hope that I can really believe that murmuring will to deceive. Some dreams are instantaneously recognizable as passing shadows of aimless thoughts in the night; some others are far from that, and can shake a person down to the core as being a forgotten or deeply repressed memory. Such was the one I have just had.

The curtains rustle lightly in the faintly smoggy glow cast from the streetlight.

Out of the corner of my eye, a shadow moves on the other side of the darkened room.

With cautious determination, I gradually rotate my head, and swallow down the hard lump of growing alarm gathering in my throat.

"Hello...?"

Nothing. Then there is an indistinct rustling sound from that corner of the room. It is like muffled rocks being shifted under moving water.

I whisper, "Who's there...?"

Nothing. There are some faint scrapings, and indistinct guttural chatter, like a person trying to clear his throat at a funeral.

Keeping my eyes locked on the unforgiving darkness from which these disturbances are coming, my hand gropes sightlessly. I shift around, rise up on my knees, and try to find my phone on the bedside table.

My fingers brush against the device, and I pick it up carefully, making sure my grasp only makes contact with the gripping surface on the sides.

I raise it up slowly so that the screen faces towards the unknown thing in my room.

I hear more scraping sounds, and a 'voice' trying to vocalize some wordless utterance.

My finger gently slides over the screen's inky surface. It instantly lights up and sends that rectangular projection of LED illumination into the far corner of my bedroom.

The light trembles slightly – that shaking being transferred from my hand – while I begin to pan it to the left. The corner of my dresser casts further murk into the gap behind it.

Something moves just out of the screen's reach of light to the left.

Trying hard to suppress my growing jitters, I slowly pan my phone in that direction.

Just as the glossy, black edge of something comes into view, a blood-curdling screech makes me jump.

My heart leaps into my throat. The phone's box of cast brightness falls off of the barely illuminated edge of it. 'The thing' takes flight, and sends a cacophonous rush of air over my head. I shield my face, and the phone in my hand casts murky white light over the ceiling and walls in the form of ominous shadows in motion. I duck lower, for the columns of downward spinning air is like a hard object to pelt me with a feathery lightness.

I suddenly get angry.

I uncover my head, roll off my bed – getting one foot tangled in the damn sheet – and land hard on my knees. I crawl like a crouching baby on all fours to the foot of the bed.

The screeching continues, and disorientates me in the echo chamber effect of being drunk.

Reaching out low from the floor, I stretch to grab the best weapon I know: my game-used, Wayne-Gretzky-autographed hockey stick!

I peer above me. This thing is all fluttering motion, black eyes, sharp beak and menacing cries.

I rise to my feet, kick out my legs for support, lock sights on it, and take aim with my personal piece of ice hockey history.

My heart races; I have an odd mental flash of an indistinct woman's face. It is 'her,' the woman in the flame-red gown from the end of my vision.

I swing wildly, and the business end of my stick crashes loudly into the wall near where the feathered thing is. This must be enough, for it flaps with controlled purpose and flies towards the window. There it lands and folds its wings as placidly as the devil might himself.

Air escapes my lungs soundlessly, for there being sideswiped by the murky yellow light from the streetlight outside, is a massive raven as dark as the night from which it arose.

It hops once on the windowsill, flipping its body around, but it never takes it eye off of me. In fact, it seems to be scanning me up and down in full and unafraid candour. Oddly, I sense there is some emotion in that cold orb watching me from the bird's profiled head. If I have to put a word to it, it pities me. At least, that's how it seems.

The raven opens its beak and raises an ear-splitting series of screams. It then jostles around a bit, hefting its shoulders, and in another moment, hops twice before leaping out the window with wings spread full like a bat. In an echoing flap or two, I can see in my mind's eye how it flies out into the slumbering city.

Like a ringing in the ear, the returning silence of the night insistently pressed into me again; that and the sound of the heartbeat in my throat.

I set my honoured hockey stick back in its rightful spot, and cautiously walk to where the creature had been when I awoke and first heard it scratching at something.

My dresser is not a special place. I run fingers over the few things there to see if anything is broken or disturbed. Nothing is. I glance at the small selection of family photos I have stuck between the frame and the mirror. One is of Erich and me, but…das Arschloch…I pass that one over. He's not someone I want to think about right now. There is another one that stands out; an old snapshot in faded colour with a crenulated white paper border. It's a picture of my dad by an old car, smiling when he was in his early twenties – as I am now – with an attitude of confidence and winning swagger. I bend in closer and see that it is slightly askew. As I reach out to touch it, I half tell myself it is nothing, but there do seem to be some new scratches on it, for the untouched white of the paper underneath is streaking through in the background sky of the snapshot. The bird scratched this...?

I ignore the idea as preposterous, and set the picture back to be ninety-degrees to the frame, like it always is. As I finish, I swallow down a rueful lump; I can never look at that image dispassionately.

I glance down and the clock on the dresser tells me what time it is.

Shaking myself a bit, I head to the window and feel my knees are a more than somewhat tottering. I guess the sudden shut off of adrenaline leaves the body in only one of two states: jonesing for more excitement, or longing for the retirement home. Right now, as my toes sink into my shag rug, I just wish I had a chair.

At the window, I splay my hands apart and lean out. Down below, all is as it should be for half past two in the morning, and then I have a sobering thought. The funny thing is, I realize, that since I've started university and have been living here, the rumble of the streetcars have never bothered me. It's just more background noise to effortless shut out.

I right myself hurriedly, barely ducking my head so that I do not crack it open on the window sash.

My fingers absently reach out and touch the gently undulating side hem of the curtain. It's weird that I would mistake a tram shuttering by for thunder, and what was that 'dream' about anyway..? It was all so real – real and sad.

"Wait a minute," I mumble. "It couldn't have been a streetcar…they stop running at midnight."

I jump.

Ring, Ring!

That's my phone.

I rush to my bed and fumble with the covers. It must be upside down, for I do not see the light from its screen

Ring, Ring!

I tear off the sheets, and my phone goes crashing to the floor and shag rug. I pause, and thankfully I hear:

Ring, Ring!

I drop to my knees with hands on either side of it.

I flip it over. The screen is lit up and reads: Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.

My heart stops; that's a hospital.

What should I do?

Ring, Ring!

I hit 'Answer.'

"Hello...?"

There is a pause with some crackling static.

A soft and tremulous voice inquires, "Is this Mr. Corvin?"

"Yes," I say, and hear a desire in my own voice for this woman to speak out, and do it quickly.

"Mister, Em-ric Corvin...?"

"Emeric, yes." I hate it when people slur my name down to two syllables – it's a gut reaction, I can't help it.

There is a pause from the other end of the line.

I demand to know, "Who is this?!"

"Mr. Corvin, I am sorry to…well, you need to come down to the hospital."

"Is it, my father?"

There is no answer. To the crackling static, I insist, "Tell me!"

"Mr. Corvin, when you do come, please be sure to bring someone who can drive you home again."

Copyright © 2017 AC Benus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/27/2014 02:00 PM, Valkyrie said:
Great start! I look forward to reading more. :)
Thank you, Valkyrie71! There is a lot still to come
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Interesting start AC. Alfred Hitchcock comes to mind...the imagery, the horror and the suspenseful fear that could be a dream but isn't...because there is a Raven to portent coming evil....ended by the normalcy of a late night phone call from a hospital concerning the welfare of the man in the picture. Somewhere, I can imagine a bell tolling as things slither in darkness. Where in the twisted hell are you taking us...I'll just pull my covers up now and hope for dreamless sleep, once again at your mercy. Till we meet again...cheers...Gary

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/27/2014 02:55 PM, Headstall said:
Interesting start AC. Alfred Hitchcock comes to mind...the imagery, the horror and the suspenseful fear that could be a dream but isn't...because there is a Raven to portent coming evil....ended by the normalcy of a late night phone call from a hospital concerning the welfare of the man in the picture. Somewhere, I can imagine a bell tolling as things slither in darkness. Where in the twisted hell are you taking us...I'll just pull my covers up now and hope for dreamless sleep, once again at your mercy. Till we meet again...cheers...Gary
Thank you, Gary, for a fantastic review. Your picture is just as evocative as mine, and you need far fewer words to achieve it. Bell tolling, eh? Yes, I'm afraid you have sensed this is the start of something and not the end. Is there room under your covers for me too?
  • Like 1
Link to comment

You're a sneaky one, AC! Disguising the link between the Raven and our narrator until the last bit--Corvin us based on the Latin word for crow/raven. Seeing the tags, I wondered abut the 'were-creatures', but not any more. It's nice that I've already picked out the evil presence in the story and am waiting for the next rustle of the draperies and flicker of my candle....

Was that a tapping at my chamber door...?

Darkness there and nothing more.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/27/2014 10:59 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
You're a sneaky one, AC! Disguising the link between the Raven and our narrator until the last bit--Corvin us based on the Latin word for crow/raven. Seeing the tags, I wondered abut the 'were-creatures', but not any more. It's nice that I've already picked out the evil presence in the story and am waiting for the next rustle of the draperies and flicker of my candle....

Was that a tapping at my chamber door...?

Darkness there and nothing more.

Wow, now I see you are a Poe-ho, just like me!

 

"The Tintinnabulation of the Bells!!!"

 

As for your other points, hehe, all i can say is: Keep Reading! All will be revealed, lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ir's such a shock when the soldier prisoner gets beheaded. As a reader I keep hoping that the man in charge will stop the blow from falling. But at least Emeric wakes up before the dream thrusts him back in the other prisoner and he had to face the raven masked man and his axe.

Although having a real raven in his room was bloody scary too.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 12/28/2014 06:55 PM, Timothy M. said:
Ir's such a shock when the soldier prisoner gets beheaded. As a reader I keep hoping that the man in charge will stop the blow from falling. But at least Emeric wakes up before the dream thrusts him back in the other prisoner and he had to face the raven masked man and his axe.

Although having a real raven in his room was bloody scary too.

Thank you, Tim, and yes – I somehow think it is a very primal fear to awake and 'know' someone, or something, is with you in the dark. Everybody is deeply afraid of that.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

This is a wonderful first chapter. With the word 'gothic' in the story description this

doesn't disappoint. Your language is as fine as always.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 01/07/2015 04:26 AM, Stephen said:
This is a wonderful first chapter. With the word 'gothic' in the story description this

doesn't disappoint. Your language is as fine as always.

Thank you, Stephen. You were one of the very first advocates of my work on GA, and hearing from you always lifts my spirits. I hope you feel drawn into the work by this first chapter, which quite frankly was the hardest one to write (and re-write, and re-write!) hoping I could balance it and make people intrigued enough to want to go on reading the book.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

What a way to get the ball rolling! The beggining of the chapter fooled me into thinking this story was going to be a period piece. The scenes and terror were painted well. There's a lot of myths and legends out there about ravens. I'm interested to see what you have in store when it comes to that. I'm interested to see what you have in store in general when it comes to this story. :great:

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 5/21/2015 at 8:34 PM, Twisted_Dreemz said:

What a way to get the ball rolling! The beggining of the chapter fooled me into thinking this story was going to be a period piece. The scenes and terror were painted well. There's a lot of myths and legends out there about ravens. I'm interested to see what you have in store when it comes to that. I'm interested to see what you have in store in general when it comes to this story. :great:

Twisted, my friend! How wonderful to see you getting on the Bound & Bound ride. Please proceed with caution, as shadows and misdirection lurk everywhere, hehe. Also be sure to buckle up, for you never know when a twist will suddenly drop ahead without warning.

 

Thank you for a great review!

 

 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Such a wonderful start, AC. Gothic horror and frankly you had me there until Emeric searched for his phone. Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre? Do you have one where you live.. kinda freaked me out because we have one not far from where I live.
This was great, as always and I will be back for more.
tim

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/22/2015 06:00 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Such a wonderful start, AC. Gothic horror and frankly you had me there until Emeric searched for his phone. Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre? Do you have one where you live.. kinda freaked me out because we have one not far from where I live.

This was great, as always and I will be back for more.

tim

Thank you, Tim, for starting Bound & Bound! I think you will enjoy the ride, but make sure your strap yourself in tightly ;)

 

I owe a lot to Gary for helping me navigate my story in and around Toronto; it's cool to have 'startled' you the familiar, lol.

 

Thanks again!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Im not a reader for the gothic or horror. I however got hooked on the story and yes, Im going to continue reading. I simply cant stop reading eberything you write!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 03/22/2016 04:33 PM, Roberto Zuniga said:

Im not a reader for the gothic or horror. I however got hooked on the story and yes, Im going to continue reading. I simply cant stop reading eberything you write!

Thank you, Roberto. If the story can pull you in, I think you will find great reward (emotionally) in store. Thanks for giving it a try :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Ordinarily, horror and gothic tales don't attract me, but you have written an exception to my rule. I want to know more about Emeric, and his connection to the captives whose tragic fate we witness. But the phone call interrupts.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 06/07/2016 01:00 AM, Parker Owens said:

Ordinarily, horror and gothic tales don't attract me, but you have written an exception to my rule. I want to know more about Emeric, and his connection to the captives whose tragic fate we witness. But the phone call interrupts.

Thanks for picking up and reading the B&B project. It sounds like it's made an intriguing start for you, so I hope you enjoy. Only 39 chapters to go ;)

 

Thank you again, Parker.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 8/9/2017 at 2:15 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Still as good as the first time! 

Thanks, Tim ❤️ 

 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Now this has me very intrigued! With that being said you have made a fantastic start to what I’m sure will turn out to be a gripping story. I can’t wait to read more! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Cj008 said:

Now this has me very intrigued! With that being said you have made a fantastic start to what I’m sure will turn out to be a gripping story. I can’t wait to read more! 

Thanks, CJ! I hope you find Bound & Bound a rewarding reading experience. All the chapters are up  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..