Jump to content

The Hidden Ones: The Spotlight 1. The Hidden Ones

   (6 reviews)

Imagine your perfect life. What’s it like? Are you rich? Are you popular? Do you have a million cars? Well 17 year old Teddy Haner doesn't have to imagine. Being student body president, and captain of his lacrosse team…he has everything! However when a new mysterious friend flips his world upside down, and starts to ascend to stardom, he finds that there’s a lot more to life than popularity.

 

2017, Ace

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

jarquafelmu

  

Once again Ace will leave you speechless as he envelops you in another of his tales.
I just finished this book and I loved every single chapter of it. Including the ones that made me cry or made me angry.

For an author to be able to write in such a way that I get emotionally invested in the characters, to me, this means that this author knows not just how to tell a story. But rather, they know how to show a story. His writing is so clear and understandable that I am not just reading the story. I am in the story watching it happen like a spectator.

If you like any of Ace's other stories then you have got to try this one. If you are new and haven't had the pleasure yet then sit back and hold on dear life, because you are about to watch a rollercoaster of a story!

 

Link to review
Swagers

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

four time reading this story 

  • Like 1
Link to review
Sam Wyer

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

OK, let's get the 'only 4 stars' thing out of the way first.  This is a good story, and I'm not at all hesitant in recommending it.  But I really don't like the ending.  This isn't about the content, but about the style.  I think Ace has sold himself short at the last moment.

 

So, this is a story about love, although maybe not a love story.  The kind of searingly painful, cutting, and desperate love that only soulmates, no matter what their origins, can experience.  The broken and chaotic reality that Ryder and Teddy share is sometimes painfully well observed, and there's certainly no shortage of drama should you ever feel as though things are settling down.  Ryder and Teddy are also very well written characters, who you will most likely find yourself caring about just a little too much for your own comfort.

  • Like 1
Link to review
mogwhy

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a slice of reality of broken people. The ups and downs of growing up. Well written, but it is another soul-bruising offering from an author known for them. How Ace can so eloquently write both the bully's life, and living with mind shattering level of depression is is miraculous to me. You will need stock in a tissue company if you are prone to crying. Ace's writing makes me care too much about the characters he writes to not finish the story.

Link to review
tabaqui

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Great story about the rejected kid and the most popular one in school and what they want in life.

 

 but keep a box of kleenex nearby for some of the chapters.

 

Link to review
JayT

   5 of 6 members found this review helpful 5 / 6 members

A beautifully tragic tale that shows how people are treated results in how they react to the world. When Mr. Popular Teddy finally took the time to notice the school reject Ryder and treat him like a human being, he saw the kid behind the black and found love. However, life isn't always rainbows and unicorns. Sometimes, there are things in the shadows that nobody will ever see, no matter how much light is shone on them. Sometimes the mind tricks the heart. 

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..