Jump to content
    Aceinthehole
  • Author
  • 1,924 Words
  • 2,818 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of the Underground: Velocity - 22. Chapter 22

Under Ground Aliases
The Reaper- Jamie Free
Gears- Jacob Palmer
Gizmo- Matty Sanders
*The boys use these to guarantee no one outside the underground finds their real identities*

The rest of the night was exactly what we needed. We snuggled, watched endless amount of hockey and just talked. Even after how bad today was, I didn’t want tonight to end.

When it was finally time to sleep Eli stood up and started heading towards the stairs “Come on, you can sleep in the guest bedroom.” He said with a sarcastic smile

“Oh yeah? Is that where the magic happens?” I joked back

“Watch yourself, before you actually wind up sleeping there by yourself.”

“You wouldn’t” I challenged

“Keep making sex jokes and see what happens” he retaliated

I walked up and wrapped my arms around him “Fine, but its so fun to push your buttons” I said poking him in the chest

Eli rolled his eyes and pushed away from me “What am I going to do with you?” our eyes met as he begun to walk up the stairs and he noticed the grin on my face “Say something. Go ahead, see what happens.”

I pretended to zip my mouth and followed him upstairs and into his room.

He started to pull apart his bed “Jamie I’m serious about tonight.”

“I know, I’m just joking around. Whenever you’re ready is good enough for me” I threw a pillow at him to get him to look over at me “I’ll never make you do something you’re not ready for”

He threw the pillow back “My hero” he mocked

We laid down and he placed his head as close to mine as he could “Are you mad at me?”

Eli placed his hand in mine “Absolutely”

“You know I wouldn’t have hid it from you if I didn’t think that was the best option right?”

I could see him shift his mouth thinking of how to answer “There should never be something you have to hide from me.”

I nodded knowing he was right “Well from now on I promise to never hide anything from you again.” I turned my head so I could look into his eyes and so did he. “So how do we fix this?”

Eli gave me a confused look “What do you mean?”

“Like how do I earn your trust back?” I tried my best to show him I was being sincere

“Well you’ve been off to a good start by telling me about everything, but if we have any chance of making it you have to trust me. No more flying off the wall with anger, no more late nights out without telling me, no more dangerous racing and no more trying to fight everyone in your way.” Eli squeezed my hand “I won’t give up on you. I’ve cared about you since we were little. You just have to prove you trust me completely.”

I bumped my head against his “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have ever let things get this bad” The guilt of everything I had don’t finally start setting in, I almost lost Eli because I didn’t trust him, I won’t make that mistake twice.

“No you shouldn’t have, but what’s done is done. We’ll move on here and only grow stronger” Eli’s good hearted spirit always overpowered whatever he was feeling at the moment. I know that no matter how upset he was with me, he would always try to make this relationship work.

I fell asleep with Eli in my arms that night. Every now and then I would wake up and feel him breathing gently. I had never experienced something so beautiful in my life. Every time I woke up it felt as though I was still dreaming. When his alarm finally went off at 6:30 AM he practically had to push me out of bed to wake me up.

“Ughhhhh Elijah” I groaned “Why do you have to wake up so early?”

“Early bird gets the worm” he shouted with a smile

“I hate you” I said picking myself up off the bed “Why the hell did I have to go and fall for a morning person?”

“Because opposites attract” he said pulling me in for a good morning kiss.

“Don’t you have to get ready for school” I teased

“Yeah, the one you’re suspended from” he stuck out his tongue and left to go get dressed for the day

I got dressed and met him in the kitchen for breakfast “You’re never gonna be able to get up this early if you come to the races, you know some nights I don’t even get home until 3 in the morning “

“Forget it Jamie, you’re not gonna scare me away from it.”

“Can’t blame a guy for trying” I sighed

We spent the rest of the morning throwing more cereal at each other than actually eating it. It was nice to get to spend so much time with each other for a change. Before we left he ran downstairs and got his hockey bag and stick.

“I can just leave these in your car right?” he asked like I was gonna say no

“Of course, I like your new stick tape” I guess after tryouts he changed it form his normal black to a new type. The new tape was pride colored. I’ve heard of it before but never actually seen it being used. it actually looked really cool.

“Gotta represent” he said with a proud smile.

I took the bags from him and carried them out to my car and we were off to school. When we pulled up I got into the parent drop off line and talked to him like he was a child

“Pay attention today, don’t do drugs, don’t drink, study hard, and don’t let any of those stupid guys in there distract you, after all I hear the hot one isn’t gonna be in school today.” Eli rolled his eyes and laughed along.

As we finally approached the front door I saw Jacob walking in. He turned around recognizing the sounds of my car. We made eye contact and I gave him a little bit of a dirty look.

“I thought you said you weren’t mad?”

“Doesn’t mean I’m gonna forgive him right away.” I mumbled

Eli gave me a jab to the arm “Don’t be stupid Jamie. He did the right thing and you know it.”

I let out a deep sigh, I hate when he’s right. Eli looked around to make sure no one was looking and gave me a quick kiss goodbye before climbing out of the car. I drove home and immediately fell asleep on the couch, when I woke back up I spent the rest of the day watching tv, waiting to take Eli to practice. Finally after what felt like an eternity I got in the car and raced off to pick up my baby. The pick-up line was ridiculous, I don’t get why kids just don’t take the bus or something. Eli wandered around the line for a minute before finally finding the car.

“Okay, don’t be mad” he said stepping into the car

“What did you do?” Eli grabbed my hand as I saw Jacob start to walk up to the car. I hit the lock button but Eli quickly unlocked the doors before Jacob could notice

“Come on Jamie, don’t be a dick.” Jacob opened the back door and climbed in to talk.

“What the fuck are you two cheech and chong or something?”

“Look Jamie, about yesterday I’m sorry, I really am. But it was the right thing to do.” Jacob began

“Yeah well until we can guarantee that Eli won’t get hurt at any of the races I don’t want to hear that it was the “right thing to do”” I spat as Eli gave me a nudge to the arm with his elbow.

“Wait what?” Jacob said confused

“Because of your honestly Eli now thinks he should tag along with us.” I said bluntly

Jacob lightly smacked Eli’s arm “You didn’t tell me that” Eli quickly looked away trying to avoid the topic “Look I’m sorry alright? What else was I supposed to do?”

“Mind your own damn business” I said without even looking back at him. Eli squeezed my hand to remind me to play nice. “Look you keep my boyfriend safe during the next few races and we can call it even. What does Matty think about all of this?” Eli looked away again and so did Jacob “You guys really didn’t tell him? Hes gonna be so pissed.”

“I can handle Matty” Jacob sighed

“Yup because you handled this so well” I said finally looking back at him.

“Alright that’s enough Jamie. You’re acting like such a brat. Let it go, what’s done is done.” Eli yelled. He turned my face towards his “You’re so damn hard headed sometimes.”

“Fine, we’re cool” I mumbled “but if anything happens to Eli I will never forgive you”

Jacob nodded and patted me on the shoulder before getting out of the car. Finally the line started moving again and we made it out of the parking lot.

I looked over at Eli who was smiling to himself “You sure look proud of yourself”

“What can I say? I guess I really can keep you under control” he proudly stated. He reached back and started fiddling around with his hockey bag

“What are you doing, you’re gonna knock the wheel!” I shouted trying to get him to stop

“I need to get changed. What? did you think I was gonna practice in this?”

“No, I just assumed you would get changed there.”

“Usually I get changed in the locker room before we get on the bus to go to the rink, but since you’ll be driving me I don’t really have a choice.”

I rolled my eyes “You’re a shit show, you know that?” he smiled and nodded “Just be quick and don’t accidently bump me.” Eli finally found his change of clothes and pulled it out “Oh my god Elijah that bag smells like death.”

“Hockey equipment smells or has it been so long that you forgot about what it was like.” He caught me staring as he took off his shirt “Hey! No looking you dope.”

I couldn’t help but laugh “What are you talking about? We were both shirtless in bed last night besides we used to get changed together all the time as kids.”

He blushed a bit “but that was before we understood things, so don’t peek“ he said punching me in the arm

“Ah alright! Relax, I wasn’t going to look when you took of your pants anyway” I said directing my eyes to the road “What things did you start understanding, I don’t understand shit.” I joked

“Then I guess I’ll have to teach you someday soon” he teased

“That may be one class I actually stay awake for” Eli started laughing and punched me in the arm again “Stop you’re gonna make me hit something! I’ll be a good boy I promise”

“Good” he said proud of himself “Don’t worry about picking me up. My mom will be back by time practice is over.”

“Alright, sounds good” I’m gonna miss our time alone together. It was awesome just getting to be with him.

When we finally pulled up to the rink he grabbed his stuff and gave me a kiss goodbye. I know I’m supposed to be on the straight and narrow from now on, but I’m gonna find a way to protect him at the races, no matter what it takes.

2016 Ace
  • Like 15
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..