Jump to content
    Aceinthehole
  • Author
  • 2,798 Words
  • 1,901 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tales of the Underground: Velocity - 41. Chapter 41

Under Ground Aliases

The Reaper- Jamie Free

Velocity- Elijah Warren

Gears- Jacob Palmer

Gizmo- Matty Sanders

*The boys use these to guarantee no one outside the underground finds their real identities*

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Imagine your whole world being taken from you in one single moment. What would you do? Do you collapse out of fear and pain? Or do you get mad? Would you let your anger blind you and take over? Would you become the very thing you’ve feared you could be?

“WHAT?” I screamed out, everyone’s words still ringing in my ears. Jacob looked up at me with wet eyes and shook his head. I tried to get Jason’s attention but he wouldn’t life his head up. “No, this is some sort of mistake! It has to be!” I could feel myself beginning to tremble

“I’m afraid it’s not” Pit growled still standing over us

“Then I’ll make it one” I barked back taking a step closer to him. I moved my hand towards my waist, but the second I did every single guard in the place took aim at my head. I took a deep breath as I realized there had to be at least 15 guns pointed right at me, and those were only the ones I could see.

“Don’t do anything stupid Jamie” Pit said with a laugh, the trembling grew worse at the sound of my real name “Jamie Aaron Free” he repeated showing off his knowledge “Did you really think you could bring a captain’s son down here, and not have me investigate it?” he laughed for a brief second “Did you really think we didn’t see you getting chummy with the police the night you were “arrested”?”

“Congratulations, you know my fucking name!” I shouted

“Oh I know much more than that” Pit was determined to put on a show, one at my cost “Not only was it ballsy to bring a cops son down here, but he was also your boyfriend! Go figure you’re a faggot.”

I gritted my teeth, helpless with no way out “Yeah a faggot that has made you too much damn money. What do you think; you can kidnap a kid without repercussion? And not just any kid, like you said a cop’s son. Do you have any idea the hellfire you’ve brought down on yourself? No…on all of us?” I pointed towards the crowd “You’re all witnesses, do you know the shit you’re in for?” Pit reached over to his side, pulled out a handgun and fired it off into the ceiling.

“No one is going to say shit, and do you know why?” he egged on. I narrowed my eyes, and stared back at him “Because anyone down here that’s actually worth a damn would never talk to a cop, and everyone else is a druggie or a gang banger. The cops would never trust their testimony. You’re mine Jamie, and you’ll do exactly as I say.”

“Like hell I will” I lashed out

“Oh you will” Pit confirmed with darkness in his voice “For Elijah’s sake you will. Every time you disobey me, well let’s just say Elijah gets inconvenienced. If you completely stop listening to me, well…I hope you’re ready to bury him.”

It was that moment, hearing those words…I knew I would never be the same again. Something in me didn’t just break it shattered. All I could see was red, and yet there was nothing I could do. I turned towards Jason and Jacob “Get in the car now” I barked

“But Jamie…” Jacob argued

“GO! NOW!” I ordered. Jacob nodded, helped Jason to his feet, and over to the car. I walked over and opened the back door, so we could force Jason in. “This isn’t over” I growled at Pit “I’ll make you regret this…I’ll put led right between those ugly eyes of yours.”

“Yeah Yeah” he mocked “Oh Jamie, you really are such fun to toy with. Be back here, Wednesday night, and if you know what’s best for everyone you love you won’t say anything to anyone about tonight. “

I didn’t even bother to turn around. I immediately headed towards the driver seat and slammed the door shut. The knowledge that we were leaving 1 man short began to eat away at me. I threw my helmet right into the passenger’s seat where Eli should be sitting. I let out one final scream at the top of my lungs, before putting the car into gear. As I pulled away I was overcome with emotion. I felt my heart break in too many different ways to count. I wasn’t just thrown into anger, but pain, panic and fear as well.

“How could I be so stupid?” I cried out “How could I bring him along! How could I bring any of you along?”

“Jamie you need to calm down” Jacob said, words trembling just as much as him “Dying in an accident won’t save Eli.”

“Well nothing will!” I screamed “He’s gone Jacob! He’s gone! Do you think we’ll honestly get him back! You think a man like that just surrenders a kid after kidnapping him!” Panic and anger flooded my brain “He’s gone!” I screamed

“No” Jason said finally speaking “We can get him back. We have to be smart.”

“WE?” I repeated “WE got him taken from US! WE couldn’t protect him in the first place!”

I felt Jason’s trembling hand reach over to pat me on the shoulder but I shrugged it away “Jamie…I promise you I’ll get him back. I promise.”

My anger consumed me “You promised me you’d protect him! What happened to that! How the hell are you going to rescue him, when you can’t even stop people from taking him?”

“Jamie, you don’t understand” Jacob said aiding Jason “No one could’ve stopped that. It was 1 vs 15, It all happened so fast. You can’t blame Jason for this…you can’t blame anyone.”

“I can blame every single person responsible for him being there in the first place!” I yelled back

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked, his fear starting to grow defensive

“It means that you’re the one who showed him the helmet all those months ago. It means I’m the idiot who let him tag along. It means his blood is on both our hands.”

“Stop!” Jason boomed “ Stop acting like such a child, and stop talking like that. Eli’s not dead. I’ll look into what I can find, and let you know what I hear. I’ll get him back to you Jamie…I will.”

I shook my head not believing a word of it. I pushed my foot on the gas, and took off down the highway. If I want something done right I’m going to have to do it myself. As we finally pulled up to Jason’s house I got a good look at his face and realized how messed up it really was. The bruises finally began to swell, and he was almost fully covered in blood

“Jason do you…” I began, finally understanding the fight that went down

“No, I don’t. I’ll get him back” he looked me dead in my eyes with a look I’ve never seen before “I’ll get him back”

I watched in awe as he limped up the stairs, leaving a small trail of blood behind him. “What happened back there?” I asked looking towards Jacob

He shook his head traumatized by the whole experience “I can’t even describe it to you Jamie…I just…I can’t” I could tell it was a scene that was engraved into his brain forever

“I should’ve never involved any of you in this. I thought it was all just a game, now look at us.” I felt tears form in my eyes “I just want him back”

“Jason will get him back, we’ll get him back. For now just do what Pit says. It’s the only way we can keep Eli safe.” I saw overwhelming sadness and fear in his eyes. Finally I began to drive once more.

“Don’t’ say anything to anyone about tonight…no one needs to know you were there.”

“I know” he nodded “Don’t try and do this yourself Jamie…I know you…I know that you’ll try”

“I’m done getting people involved in my shit Jacob. This is my problem. If Jason can give me information that fine, but you…you’re sidelined.”

His green eyes blinked with pain “No, you can’t…”

“I can and I will” I interrupted “Matty was right, I’m meant for this life. I’m meant for darkness. You’ll just be someone else for them to take”

As we pulled up to his house only a feeling of pain and fear remained in the car. He went to say something but there were simply no words. He stepped out of the car and gave me a longing look, as if to say he was sorry. I nodded understanding where he was coming from. The drive back to my house was one I didn’t remember. Being alone, all I could do was imagine the scene in my head, the guards beating down on Jason, Jacob watching in fear, and Eli’s trauma as he was being dragged away. All of it haunted me. Suddenly I found myself lying in my bed, with no memory of how I got there so quickly. I turned over to check the time but only could focus on the picture of me and Eli on the nightstand. The second I saw those bright blue eyes I slammed the frame down, the glass shattered all over the small table, and overflowed onto the ground.

That night I couldn’t sleep, all I could do was stare at the ceiling and think of Eli. Thinking about the condition he was in ripped me apart inside. Of all the people on earth, he’s the least equipped for this. My head was on fire, and all I could do was lay there, a victim to it. As the sun rose I heard the life in my house take action. I ignored my sister’s calls for school and laid in bed, numbed by my pain. I reached over to my bag on the floor, pulled out the police radio, turned it on and waited to hear something…anything that could help. Hours droned by, and all I could hear were meaningless codes. Speeding tickets, accidents, a domestic violence call or two…the normal for this quiet town. As the sun began to set the chatter on the radio picked up.

“We have a 10-30…victim is the captains son… around 5’5 not even 100 pounds. Blonde hair and blue eyes. Mother couldn’t find him this morning, the school reported him out, and he hasn’t come home at all this evening.” I heard a female voice call out. My heart froze, as I realized there was nothing they were going to be able to do to find him.

“Oh fuck” I heard the responding officer radio back “The captains son? We’re in for a shitstorm on this one.” Pain filled me as I thought of what his mom was going through.

I turned the radio louder, and laid there waiting for any more information. Anything they could give me…anything. The day dripped away further, and all I could do was wallow in my own sorrow. Eventually I heard my dad’s car pull into the driveway and realized how late it was. A few more hours drifted by and suddenly I heard a loud banging at the front door. There was what sounded like shouting before my name was urgently called by Jess.

Terrified at who it could be I rushed down the stairs, ready for my own personal hell to drag me down even further. I saw Captain Warren standing in the living room staring at me. Without warning he charged me and slammed me against the wall

“Where’s my son?” he barked out

“What?” I squeezed out, restricted by fear

“Where’s Eli!” he screamed right in my face

“I don’t know” I yelled “Shouldn’t you?”

“No, you do. You were both out of school today…now where is he?” I felt his angry hands reach around my throat and hold me against the wall. Jess terrified by the events, forced my other 3 sisters into the kitchen.

“I was sick all day…I have no idea Eli was skipping…”

“He’s not skipping” he interrupted “You did something! I knew you were trouble” his grip grew tighter around my throat “What did you do?!” he cried out

“Nothing” I squeaked out barely able to breathe through his tight choking grip.

Finally my dad emerged from his bedroom, awoken by all the noise “Mike, what the fuck are you doing!” he yelled out “Put my son down now!”

“No” captain warren responded “Not until he tells me what happened to Eli”

My dad shoved him to the ground and loomed over him “Are you insane! How would Jamie know anything about that! You’re the cop and the father, if you don’t know where your son is, how is Jamie supposed to!” My dad wasn’t a big man, but when he was angry he got this weird strength. A strength I was always terrified to mess with as a kid.

Without warning two more cops rushed into small living room

“What happened here? We got a domestic abuse call?” the officer called out

“Your captain has lost his goddamn mind. He tried to choke out my son, for information he doesn’t even have” My dad was starting to scream even louder than he had been “I want him removed from my house right now…and we will be pressing charges.”

“Is this true?” the second officer asked looking towards me and Captain Warren. In fear I nodded my head yes. Captain Warren got to his feet and began to walk towards the door. “Mike stop” the second officer ordered “You can’t leave an active scene, you know that” Captain Warren froze and remained in the door way. The 2 officered pulled me and my dad apart to get our sides of the story.

As we entered the kitchen my sisters scattered out to their rooms.

“So what happened tonight?” the officer asked, encouraging me to give my full side to the story

“Captain Warren pinned me against the wall, asking where his son is.” I grumbled

“and why would he think you would know that?” the officer questioned

“Because Eli’s my boyfriend”

“I see, well do you know where he is?” the officer pestered

“No…I didn’t even know he was missing” I lied

The officer gave me an intrigued look “so he hasn’t texted or called you all day”

“No, we’re not like that. We don’t really text or call too much; we usually just hang out together whenever we can. But I’ve been out sick all day, so I had no idea he was out too.” I answered watching the officer to see if he was buying all my words

The officer nodded “Do you have any information about where he could be?”

“No…when Eli’s stressed he goes to the ice rink, but that’s really it” I answered knowing they wouldn’t find him.

“You mean the rink the school plays at?” he pushed one last time

“Yes” I sighed

“Thank you, we’ll see what we can find. If he reaches out to you in any way, shape or form. Please call this number” the officer instructed handing me a card.

I nodded, took it from his hand and followed him back into the living room. There stood even more officers, including one that stood out from the rest. They had just wrapped up talking to my father, and it was clear no one was happy. They shook both our hands and apologized for any inconvenience. My dad stood in the window watching them all pull away.

“So Mike is getting suspended without pay for his actions…at least until they find his son” he said turning towards me “Do you know where he is?”

“No” I lied

“Jamie!” my dad ordered “Where’s Eli?”

“I really don’t know” I cried out “I wish I did, but I don’t!”

My dad stared at me hard “I thought I told you to leave him out of the underground.”

“Just leave me be…you’re better off not knowing anything.” I pushed out not wanting to get him wrapped up in anything

“What have you done?” he sighed, but I ignored him, ran up the stairs and locked myself in my room. I took the card out of my pocket and flung it across the room.

I refuse to let anyone else get dragged down into my shitty mess. I’ll save you Eli, even if I have to kill every single guard down there…I’ll save you.

2016 Ace
  • Like 14
  • Love 1
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

“GO! NOW!” I ordered. Jacob nodded, helped Jason to his feet, and over to the car. I walked over and opened the back door, so we could force Jason in. “This isn’t over” I growled at Pit “I’ll make you regret this…I’ll put led right between those ugly eyes of yours.”

Was this a door or a hatchback?  I've never seen a 4 door Mustang?

ClewlessImage result for New 4 Door Mustang

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..