Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 44 Words
  • 920 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aditus' prompts and circumstances - 26. Poetry Prompt 15 - Free Verse: Kiss

Write at least one Free Verse poem based on your personal reaction to the following scenes from the 1985 film, Room with a View. Use any syllable count you like or number of lines that come to you, but please keep in mind the internal structure of your prose poem.

Kiss

I can feel you watching the storm threatening to break free.

Planets are colliding, giving birth to ideas.

And they will try to cage them.

Separate them again.

And you stroll through the fields, laughing at their clumsy attempts.

Number one.
©Copyright 2013 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/07/2015 09:30 AM, Parker Owens said:

Cool. I liked it on the first reading, then wanted to play with it on the second. Thanks!

Mission accomplished then, huh? Thank you, Parker!

Link to comment
On 11/07/2015 10:42 AM, albertnothlit said:

Nice! this is a great example of how powerful imagery can be created in just a few lines.

Thank you for your kind words, Albert. :) I shifted those lines around quite a few times. I might try again.

Link to comment
On 11/07/2015 03:19 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Like the imagery, the storm inside us wanting, desiring, yep it worked for me.

tim

Cool! Thanks, Tim! :)

Link to comment

I read this one a few times, thinking of different meanings each time.

 

The first time I read it I was thinking of one person seeing the storm brewing in the other person's eyes, but the second time I read it, I thought of the storm and the planets colliding being one thing, and how the planets colliding could mean a kiss.

 

I'll have to read it again. I love poems like this that really make me think because they could be taken so many different ways. :)

Link to comment

Thanks for taking the poetry prompt challenge, Adi! You mentioned on the prompt a Whitman-type channeling of emotions here.

 

I actually get more of an E. M. Forster vibe, as his work is often about the colliding worlds happening, although they are mostly unseen. That sort of tie-in would bring you back to the clips from Room with a View perfectly.

 

Can you tell? I think this poem is pretty darn brilliant.

Link to comment

"Evil Genius" could be an alternate title of this poem.

I enjoyed it. As everybody said, you did a lot with very little. Thank you.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..