Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 2,974 Words
  • 5,871 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Holly and the Ivy - 5. Demonstration of Strength

The Holly and the Ivy

Chapter Five

I was leaning against the bathroom door at 5.30 in the morning, sorting through my feelings. Angry. Yes. Make this bold, underlined and in Italics. Confused. What I always thought was me wasn’t me but some other people – dead people. Luis and Tristan. Inside me? I was only the glue? I don’t think so! I’m no glue. All this was giving me a headache. My sleep-addled brain needed caffeine. Badly. This wasn’t a problem I could solve quickly while hiding in the bathroom. I needed more time.

Now to face the day. “What about breakfast? I could use some coffee.”

Diarmad hadn’t moved from the love set by the window. He turned his head when I stepped back into the room, smiling tentatively. “Coffee would be good.”

"Hmm… I could make waffles, what do you think? Or crêpes? With vanilla-coffee-syrup?” I still wasn't happy with him, but during the short trip to the bathroom, I had cooled off enough to figure he didn't know me anymore than I knew him, but he knew Tristan and Luis. He was probably searching for the something he would recognize within me, because he missed them.

It’s time for you to get to know the glue, my king. King!

“Yes, to coffee now, and waffles are my favorite food. We could say I voted for you making them and not the cinnamon buns.” Diarmad watched my reaction. I think he realized I had been angry with him and was glad I was getting over it.

“Cinnamon buns! Shit! I promised Landyn. What time is it?” I looked around for my phone.

Did I know waffles are his favorite breakfast food because Tristan or Luis knew it? Nah, it’s just a weird coincidence. Right?

“Too late to make them today and I want the waffles.” Spoken like a king.

I opened my mouth to tease him about his regal behavior, but stopped when I noticed how tense he was. What did I say wrong? He was looking out of the window again, his lips pursed. It felt as if he wanted me gone. Then I saw his hands clasping the armrests. I was such an idiot! He couldn’t get up alone. He needed help but hated asking me. I went over and held both hands out for him, so he could pull himself up, using me as leverage. It worked perfectly, and even though he had to grip my shoulders for support, it was still obvious, he was getting stronger. A brilliant smile brightened up his face. He was feeling it too.

Standing this close to him made me realize two things: First, he was considerably taller than me - at least four inches - and second, his white sleep-shirt was hugging his broad chest quite nicely. It made me want to run my hands all over it, move closer still to feel more of the heat coming off his body. I stepped back quickly, trying to stop those irritating thoughts, but couldn’t get far because his hand was still gripping my shoulder. Averting my eyes from his face, I found myself looking down at his blue and white striped pajama pants. It was obvious he was... very excited being so close to me. I was wearing just a baggy grey shirt that had seen better days, hanging over my faded black boxers, conveniently covering my own growing excitement. Damn. I took in a deep breath. “Maybe we should get dressed first?”

The grip on my shoulder lessened. “Yes, that would be a good idea. I don’t want you running around in just your boxers outside this room.”

Well they aren’t that bad, a little tight maybe…

He seemed to fight a battle with himself for a moment and then finally asked in a quiet voice, “Could you please get the dark charcoal pants and matching shirt out of my wardrobe for me? And… some underwear also? And put them in the bathroom?” He then shuffled over to the bed where he sat down heavily.

“Sure.” I opened the door of his wardrobe to see if I could find the clothes he wanted. Holding up a pair of dark grey pants, I asked, “Do you mean these?”

“Yes, thank you. In the drawer underneath are the belts. Underwear and socks are in the dresser. Noël, I’m so sorry to bother you with this. Maybe I better call Ronan…”

“Nah, that’s okay, I really don't mind.”

I stood there with the clothes in my hand when I remembered he'd asked me to put them into the bathroom for him. Fuck! “What about the shower? Um... do you need help in there also?”

“Err… no, I have a plastic chair in the shower stall, so I can do everything alone, but I would like you to be outside in case I slip if you don't mind. It happened before. And you should go first; you will be much faster than me.”

The last words came out surprisingly angry and I realized again, how much he really hated his helplessness, and dependence on others.

After a quick shower, I put on light grey jeans and a black shirt, and then helped Diarmad to get in the bathroom. Waiting outside, I tried the whole time not to think about Diarmad being in the shower. Naked. I need to get a grip here.

***

I’m not exactly a morning person and with the little sleep I'd had that night, I decided the most important thing was coffee, so I did that first. After placing a steaming mug in front of Diarmad, I took mine and went over to the cupboards in search of the waffle iron and everything else I needed. I asked, “Do you know where the waffle iron is?” To my great surprise, Diarmad knew where everything was and I had to ask. “You cook sometimes?”

“I used to, yes. I found out it is a good way to break my daily routines sometimes. Do you know how oddly relaxing it is to put together a complicated recipe?”

Well that explained a few things. After preheating the waffle iron, I mixed the ingredients for the batter. Spontaneously I added a generous dash of ground cinnamon, because I knew he loved it. The moment the brown powder mixed with the batter, my heart beat faster. Was this my idea? Nah, can’t be because how the hell could I know he loves cinnamon waffles? Fuck! Luis!

I watched him from across the room. He was sitting at the table, lost in his own thoughts again. His slightly disheveled chestnut brown hair appeared almost coppery in the light of the kitchen lamp, and I had to clench my hands against the urge to go over and run my fingers through it to sooth his troubled thoughts.

You've got to be freakin' kidding me. I’m going nuts here… That's the only explanation.

Then the others slowly drifted in, one by one lured by the scent of coffee and freshly baked goods. Simon and Becca at least helped by making eggs, omelet, sausages, and some tea.

Everyone had their favorite mug and grinned when the simple white mug I’d given Diarmad earlier was quickly exchanged for a royal blue one with a golden border, a big golden crown and the word ‘King’ printed underneath. But what really threw me was when Landyn handed Ronan his mug; it was white with a sitting teddy bear on it, which held a heart. Written on it was ‘Beary sweet’. Holy shit! And Landyn didn’t get clocked on the head.

There was no question, these people were more than comfortable around Diarmad. They were his tight knit circle, the few he really trusted, his friends. Watching them squabbling and joking made him more approachable, human. Only he isn’t human. Right?

Suddenly, Landyn said, “Noël, you made cinnamon waffles.”

I stopped stirring my coffee and tensed, feeling caught. Everyone was watching me. “Um…yes, it kinda was a spur of the moment decision. Don’t you like cinnamon waffles?”

“I do, but the King loves them. How did you know they are his favorite? Did he tell you?” He smiled knowingly, and Ronan mouthed ‘Luis’ to Becca.

“No, he didn't.” I knew. Somehow, I knew.

“Uhu… they’re good.” He nudged Ronan in the ribs, grinning broadly when he saw my hand fidgeting with the mug.

The man really irritated me. “What?”

“Nothing… just the right amount of cinnamon, right Sire?” he asked Diarmad, with a much too innocent expression.

I felt this knot tightening in my chest again. This whole situation was driving me crazy; it confused me no end and nobody seemed to see that. I grabbed a plate of scrambled eggs with trembling hands, wishing I could throw it in Landyn’s face, when the doorbell rang.

“What now? Nobody knows we’re here…,” Ronan grumbled. Pushing his chair back, he went to answer the door. Then we heard the loud voice of a man demanding to see the King.

Landyn cursed quietly, “Keelan McGill...”

“Who’s Keelan McGill?” I asked, wondering why everybody stilled when Landyn said the name.

“Moira’s father.” He nodded in the direction of a closed door opposite the kitchen, “Sire, I suggest you and Noël receive our guests in the study. I will do my best to keep them busy until you’re ready.”

Diarmad smiled tightlipped. “I would appreciate that.”

What? Why me?

Still not understanding what was going on, I helped Diarmad up, and together we went into the study, while Landyn ushered McGill into the living room. Ronan followed right behind us with a grim expression on his face.

When we entered the room and I saw the impressive maple wood desk and the dark, formal interior, I immediately understood why Landyn wanted Diarmad to meet this Keelan McGill in his study. This room had been designed to be intimidating. Regal.

As soon as he'd settled down behind his desk, Diarmad showed a completely different side of his personality. His body posture changed and he switched to powerful, determined leader in the blink of an eye.

Ronan touched my arm, and when I looked at him, he gave me a short bow. “Noël, please stand at the King’s left side, this way you can support him in case it’s necessary and Landyn can protect both of you.”

We heard a loud, angry voice from the living room. I looked at Diarmad questioningly, but he only mouthed ‘later’ to me and winked.

“How dare you keep me waiting like a common petitioner? I demand─"

“The king is ready to receive you in his study now, if you would please come with me.” Ronan interrupted the man’s rant, his voice reserved, but polite.

He came into the room, followed by a tall, wiry man, Moira, and two heavy muscled guys in black suits, obviously their bodyguards.

As soon as he saw me, Keelan McGill shouted, "I demand severe punishment for this boy! He attacked my daughter unprovoked–”

“Disrespectful behavior seems to run in the family." I turned to Diarmad, then as an afterthought added, "Interesting.”

Landyn, who came in behind the two bodyguards, suppressed a smile, while Ronan grinned openly. Positioned on the right side of Diarmad’s chair, he folded his arms in front of his chest, clearly signaling nobody would get past him without a fight.

Landyn quickly walked around the desk to stand slightly in front of me, ready to intervene if necessary.

Diarmad ignored the man’s crude behavior as well as my remark, and asked calmly, “Keelan McGill, what can I do for you?”

“You know damn well what you can do for me!” the man snarled. He pointed at me. “I demand punishment because of the…incident that happened here in your house! My daughter─”

“I agree.” The words escaped me, and everyone was looking at me. Shit! “She needs punishment for threatening the King in his own house no less, and continuous disrespectful behavior.” I couldn’t believe I had said that aloud! Keelan McGill couldn’t believe it either, if the fact he was almost frothing with anger by then was any indication.

He recovered quickly, though. “How dare you speak to me like that, human? You deliberately twisted my words…” He took a step in my direction, a look of repugnance flickering over his face, when he said human.

Landyn tensed beside me, but Diarmad’s hard voice interrupted McGill, “First, my intended mate has every right to speak to you. Second, he must have felt threatened by your daughter, otherwise, he would not have reacted the way he did. You know well enough he normally couldn’t have access to his powers yet, unless he feels his life is endangered," and after a slight pause, "or mine.”

“Yeah, you better ask her why she gave those hot, burning vibes…,” I muttered.

That immediately drew everybody’s attention on me, and Diarmad asked with a tense voice, “What ‘hot, burning vibes’?”

Shit, what have I said now? “Well, when I touched her hand, I felt those um…vibes and her eyes… they had those weird reflections in them, like flames…,” I stuttered.

“Why didn’t you tell me any of this before?”

Why is this so important? My heart started to beat faster, I felt as if I was getting in serious trouble, but for the life of me didn't know why. “Um… I suppose I forgot… sort of…,” I murmured.

“Just to be clear what we’re talking about here; these were clearly offensive powers he described, used in the presence of the King,” Landyn stated, his voice suddenly hard and cold. I had never heard him talk like that before.

Keelan McGill scoffed. “That’s nonsense and you know it. Moira would never do such a thing; my daughter knows her place. He’s making things up.”

“I don’t think so. How could Noël make things up that he had no knowledge of? And why is what he just described your family's offensive powers?” Diarmad asked heatedly, tapping with the little finger of his right hand unwillingly on the desktop.

He wanted to stand up, be eye to eye with McGill. Quickly looking at Landyn, I saw him move his hand in Diarmad’s direction, making grabbing-like motions. I understood. Trying to attract no attention, I placed my hand on Diarmad’s back, which immediately seemed to help him. He rose from his chair with ease. I never let go of him even though my hand slid down to his waist, hoping that only I could feel how tense he really was.

Moira’s eyes widened when she saw how seemingly without effort Diarmad walked around the desk and then stood right in front of them. Dressed in dark grey pants and matching button-down shirt, he managed, exuding power and control from his every pore.

I somehow knew, I had to remain in physical contact with him. Only with me doing this would Diarmad be able to pull this off. Therefore, I moved silently behind him, my right arm slightly touching his back.

Ronan wasn’t happy with this development though, as the big desk was now between him and his king, but that was part of Diarmad’s scheme. This was him signaling he could protect himself just fine. And me.

“I am very tempted to declare all of our former agreements unequivocally null and void. You and your daughter violated the terms both our parties agreed to half a year ago. A clan member of yours accessed their offensive powers in my presence and thereby threatened my intended mate and me in my own house. This is clearly forbidden by our laws alone, not to mention our treaty." Diarmad was practically vibrating with anger by then.

“In view of the fact that I am with my mate now - which I must emphasize is within our laws - and that your…concerns I am unfit to do my duty are unsubstantiated - as you can see for yourself - I think the treaty is no longer needed." He paused for effect, mustering his opponents with cold eyes.

“I’ve been willing to hold on to it however, to show you my good intentions and good will to overcome our…long-term difficulties. Although I can see now that my advisors have been right, and not punishing your daughter for her increasingly disrespectful behavior was interpreted as weakness, not kindness, like they predicted it would. I regret not having acted sooner. This mistake almost got my mate and I injured. Rest assured I won’t make this mistake again."

He stepped even closer into McGill's personal space. “Consider this a last warning McGill. Should any of your clan members use their offensive powers in my or my intended mate’s presence again, or threaten me or mine in any imaginable way, the McGill clan will be banned from Earth forever. You are dismissed.”

For a moment, McGill seemed as stunned as I was, but he recovered quickly. “You can’t ban me or my clan from Earth without valid proof of treason, as you well know. And a simple flicker of offensive power in your presence won’t count, I’m sure,” McGill countered. “You have no right to accuse me of treason; on the contrary, you will learn that I will call a council meeting to voice my doubt that you and your mate are living together within our laws, seeing how well you are. My daughter can no longer supervise the compliance with our law, as you sent her away, due to a minor occurrence, oh so conveniently. I will demand proof, which you will fail to bring, and then you and your wretched clan will finally be forced to leave this world, and my clan will rule.” Then he turned his eyes on me; his nostrils flared “And we’re not through either.”

Thank you, Lisa, Zombie, and Val for all your help. :hug:  Discussion thread.
Copyright © 2017 aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 56
  • Love 4
  • Wow 3
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm loving this story alot. I guess I also am wondering how it works with the two souls in him. How can he know what is them or what is him. Or is it that they make up who he is so they are one and the same? Isn't he supposed to be a third soul so a person who has them as part of him? It would be overwhelming. I feel like he's blaming Diarmad though. it seems like he's angry at what is being thrown at him and he sees it as diarmad's fault. But, diarmad didn't cause it. I hope he can put it aside and continue to get to know the king and form a relationship with him. He clearly wants to be there to support him physically and I think that will lead to the emotional support. He's still fighting the urge to get closer or feel a desire for intimacy with Diarmad.
These new characters and the whole offensive spell thing is really interesting. I can't wait for more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I think it's only going to be a matter of time before Noel completely loses it on someone who whispers one of the other souls' names around him when he does something. lol Seriously, it has to be wearing on him, feeling like people are looking through him trying to see someone else inside of him. I like his comment about how the King needs to get to know the "glue".
Another great chapter, Adi!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I' ve said enough on the free will issue, but can add that I don't think it's getting easier for Noel now that he discovers more and more of these foreign souls in him.

 

Interesting that there is a power struggle going on. Time is of the essence for more reasons than the king dying (yeah, that minor detail...).

  • Like 1
Link to comment

“It made me want to run my hands all over it, move closer still to feel more of the heat coming off his body. I stepped back quickly, trying to stop those irritating thoughts.”
Ha ! Irritating thoughts, indeed. Noël may not admit it yet, but there is attraction growing. He obviously turns Diarmad on, but Diarmad is turning him on as well. Thinking of a naked Diarmad in the shower. Wanting to run his fingers through Diarmad's hair. I’m pretty sure that attraction has nothing to do with either Louis or Tristan.
And what better to strengthen a growing bond than a common enemy ? Maybe Keelan McGill unknowingly helped Diarmad with his conduct.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/02/2015 09:48 PM, Cannd said:

I'm loving this story alot. I guess I also am wondering how it works with the two souls in him. How can he know what is them or what is him. Or is it that they make up who he is so they are one and the same? Isn't he supposed to be a third soul so a person who has them as part of him? It would be overwhelming. I feel like he's blaming Diarmad though. it seems like he's angry at what is being thrown at him and he sees it as diarmad's fault. But, diarmad didn't cause it. I hope he can put it aside and continue to get to know the king and form a relationship with him. He clearly wants to be there to support him physically and I think that will lead to the emotional support. He's still fighting the urge to get closer or feel a desire for intimacy with Diarmad.

These new characters and the whole offensive spell thing is really interesting. I can't wait for more.

Thank you, Cannd! I guess Noël is overwhelmed and needs to sort everything out first. He seems to be angry because everyone is happy to see someone else but not him. I can promise he'll get over it. :)

I sometimes fear I'm putting too much stuff into this story. I'm happy you like my additions. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/02/2015 11:49 PM, LitLover said:

I think it's only going to be a matter of time before Noel completely loses it on someone who whispers one of the other souls' names around him when he does something. lol Seriously, it has to be wearing on him, feeling like people are looking through him trying to see someone else inside of him. I like his comment about how the King needs to get to know the "glue".

Another great chapter, Adi!

:) Thank you, Lit! Beware of the glue! lol Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he'd lose it. Make everyone aware there is more to him than Tristan and Luis. But would he be a good mate for the King then?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/04/2015 04:07 AM, Puppilull said:

I' ve said enough on the free will issue, but can add that I don't think it's getting easier for Noel now that he discovers more and more of these foreign souls in him.

 

Interesting that there is a power struggle going on. Time is of the essence for more reasons than the king dying (yeah, that minor detail...).

lol Yeah, this me trying my best not to bore my readers. I'm upping the ante here...

Some more details yet to come before we get to the power struggle.

Thank you for your continuous support, Puppi! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/04/2015 08:51 AM, J.HunterDunn said:

“It made me want to run my hands all over it, move closer still to feel more of the heat coming off his body. I stepped back quickly, trying to stop those irritating thoughts.”

Ha ! Irritating thoughts, indeed. Noël may not admit it yet, but there is attraction growing. He obviously turns Diarmad on, but Diarmad is turning him on as well. Thinking of a naked Diarmad in the shower. Wanting to run his fingers through Diarmad's hair. I’m pretty sure that attraction has nothing to do with either Louis or Tristan.

And what better to strengthen a growing bond than a common enemy ? Maybe Keelan McGill unknowingly helped Diarmad with his conduct.

You are a very good observer, Peter. That's all I'm going to say besides thank you for this wonderful comment. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I suppose, once you realise that the two souls operating within you aren't going anywhere, you need to learn how to coexist... Accepting that they know things about the King which cause him to act instinctively, and in his favor will take some time. I hope he doesn't go mad before then, or lose it on someone. On top of that, he's trying to fight a building attraction to Diarmond. Poor Noel...
That was pretty intense with McGill. And Noel, a show of strength indeed.. Treason, offending powers, threats of being banned from earth! Can't wait to know what is behind it all!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/07/2015 05:58 AM, Defiance19 said:

I suppose, once you realise that the two souls operating within you aren't going anywhere, you need to learn how to coexist... Accepting that they know things about the King which cause him to act instinctively, and in his favor will take some time. I hope he doesn't go mad before then, or lose it on someone. On top of that, he's trying to fight a building attraction to Diarmond. Poor Noel...

That was pretty intense with McGill. And Noel, a show of strength indeed.. Treason, offending powers, threats of being banned from earth! Can't wait to know what is behind it all!

This is actually a good starting point for Noel: 'you need to learn how to coexist'. He also needs to live with the consequences of coexisting, as you said: 'Accepting that they know things about the King which cause him to act instinctively' A very good breakdown of the situation.

Thank you, Def, for this great comment!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, Noel can't hurry up and wait any more. Things are a bit tense. Good thing the attraction is growing.

 

Waffles damn I need a waffle iron!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/12/2016 02:54 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Well, Noel can't hurry up and wait any more. Things are a bit tense. Good thing the attraction is growing.

 

Waffles damn I need a waffle iron!

You don't have a waffle iron?!

It's only a few days...Noël needs more time...

Thank you for reading and commenting, Tim.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great chapter, Adi. Lots of drama as Noel battles with himself and his passengers. I think he will prove to be a mate to be reckoned with. So, the McGill family is a longtime enemy. Great introduction for poor Noel lol. Well done, Adi... Cheers... Gary...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/21/2016 09:52 AM, Headstall said:

Great chapter, Adi. Lots of drama as Noel battles with himself and his passengers. I think he will prove to be a mate to be reckoned with. So, the McGill family is a longtime enemy. Great introduction for poor Noel lol. Well done, Adi... Cheers... Gary...

I had to pick up the pace a little and Noël got a glimpse at what he's getting into besides having to make peace with his 'passengers'. Nice choice of word. :)

Thanks, Gary. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • I'm so invested and I'm only on chapter five. Somehow it feels like I've read 10 chaps instead of just 5. Goodness...
  • Dead people. Luis and Tristan. Inside me? I was only the glue? I don’t think so! I’m no glue. - Buddy, I think you're taking this the wrong way. In power ranger terms, the three of you are the zords that have been fused together to become a Megazord. They just need to realize that you've been a Megazord your whole life and they'll accept you as you are. 
  • Spontaneously I added a generous dash of ground cinnamon, because I knew he loved it. The moment the brown powder mixed with the batter, my heart beat faster. Was this my idea? Nah, can’t be because how the hell could I know he loves cinnamon waffles? Fuck! Luis!- LMAO! Dude, don't freak out, just go with the flow. 
  • As soon as he'd settled down behind his desk, Diarmad showed a completely different side of his personality. His body posture changed and he switched to powerful, determined leader in the blink of an eye. - LMAO! Yes! "I'm still a King and I can intimidate people."
  • I don’t think so. How could Noël make things up that he had no knowledge of? And why is what he just described your family's offensive powers?- That was actually an attack? No this girl didn't. Nu-uh. She needs a spanking. Her dad needs one too. Don't get me started.


 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, Thirdly said:
  • I'm so invested and I'm only on chapter five. Somehow it feels like I've read 10 chaps instead of just 5. Goodness...
  • Dead people. Luis and Tristan. Inside me? I was only the glue? I don’t think so! I’m no glue. - Buddy, I think you're taking this the wrong way. In power ranger terms, the three of you are the zords that have been fused together to become a Megazord. They just need to realize that you've been a Megazord your whole life and they'll accept you as you are. 
  • Spontaneously I added a generous dash of ground cinnamon, because I knew he loved it. The moment the brown powder mixed with the batter, my heart beat faster. Was this my idea? Nah, can’t be because how the hell could I know he loves cinnamon waffles? Fuck! Luis!- LMAO! Dude, don't freak out, just go with the flow. 
  • As soon as he'd settled down behind his desk, Diarmad showed a completely different side of his personality. His body posture changed and he switched to powerful, determined leader in the blink of an eye. - LMAO! Yes! "I'm still a King and I can intimidate people."
  • I don’t think so. How could Noël make things up that he had no knowledge of? And why is what he just described your family's offensive powers?- That was actually an attack? No this girl didn't. Nu-uh. She needs a spanking. Her dad needs one too. Don't get me started.


 

She needs a spanking. Her dad needs one too. Don't get me started. ( While we're at it, huh?)

Still totally enjoying myself here.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

got my mate and I injured -- got my mate and me injured. Objective case pronoun as the object of the verb 'got' answers question of 'who got'.

     In reference to the question about Frankenstein's monster. He was a construct, made up by superior surgery of small parts from a number of different bodies. It is probable that even if a portion of the soul of each of the disparate parts of his body went with the flesh that there would be so many portions of separate souls that none was dominant enough to take over command.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

got my mate and I injured -- got my mate and me injured. Objective case pronoun as the object of the verb 'got' answers question of 'who got'.

     In reference to the question about Frankenstein's monster. He was a construct, made up by superior surgery of small parts from a number of different bodies. It is probable that even if a portion of the soul of each of the disparate parts of his body went with the flesh that there would be so many portions of separate souls that none was dominant enough to take over command.

You are correct of course. As it is spoken language,  it hasn't to be  always grammatical correct, in my opinion, especially when we take into account that the king is extremely angry. I think, we can forgive him this blunder. ;) 

Thank you for pointing out the error,  Will. 

Link to comment

Since Noel is new at this, shouldn't he be made aware of what is going on AND how he can fight it ? You can't protect yourself or anyone you care about, if you are not informed or even conscious of what might come at you.

I'm surprised that Noel is not angrier about the whole situation. The king's enemies might use him as a pawn, so it's important for him to be prepared !! ⚔️

Link to comment

*coos and melt* Noel, I can see more of his fierce personality here, I find it entertaining. I hope there will be growth for him as years comeby.

Some actions or words spoken help added more zing? kick? to the characters personality. Like an antique mirror now polished.

Diarmad, you are indeed a king. Power show to inflict mental damage on opponent is a must no matter what.

Now, did I said no matter what? I hope I did because I wonder what will happened next. So many things like body language, quick thinking done all to help him get a semblance of upperhand to Keelan.

Oh damnit Keelan. I dont like you. 

My memory is vague but I hope I will have the delight of seeing Diarmad cook in the future~

  • Love 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, SilverArdour said:

I hope there will be growth for him as years comeby.

:X

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..