Jump to content
    Agaith
  • Author
  • 277 Words
  • 1,415 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2011 - Spring - People Are Strange Entry

Grey - 1. Chapter 1

Grey

 

As I look up at the sky I see only grey, the dull colour of misery staring at me in the face.

It can have many shades; however it’s still the colour of misery,

Or is it only my misery that is reflected in those clouds?

Is grey the colour of blindness?

As those around me look at me with not a clue.

Can blindness even have a colour?

I look at bright colours with apprehension, why do I do this?

Maybe it represents the expression I so fear.

Grey, the colour of boredom, is what I am, boredom personified.

Grey goes unnoticed and lets its sibling colours talk instead whilst it sits quietly, listening, not speaking.

Grey is the world as I see it through my eyes, different shades, it all means the same to me.

My walls are no other colour, my room Spartan. Why do I need possessions?

They only create memories, and I don’t want those.

I step into the bath, even this knife seems dull, yet I know its edge is sharp.

Hark! See this! There’s colour! Red, the colour of violence, of love, of desire, of passion yet my colour is grey, and even though colour is spreading around me, I don’t like colour.

I’m so strange! My arm’s red yet all I can think of is grey. Grey feels safe, I can retreat to it, but now, I can see a new colour greeting me.

It is black, after the explosion of colour it’s time to sink into black’s embrace, and I do so, looking up at the ceiling.

And that too was grey.


Story Discussion

Copyright © 2011 Agaith; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2011 - Spring - People Are Strange Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You know what, I love gray. There is nothing wrong with grey. When it is really light it can be almost shining in pearly shade. And that is just beautiful. When it is it's darkest, it can wrap around you and give comfort. That makes you feel grounded. If you see the shades you can always brighten them with any other color. Blood red can be too dominant though, I would not go there.

 

Really really heart stopping poem, Aggie.

Link to comment

Colours tell us so so much!!! You have a very different way of showing us what u wanted us to see! :) I love your interpretation of 'Grey'

You really should write/ post more often!!!

Link to comment

I love a poem which I can read without going back because I can't understand what I read meant. This poem just flowed. So using logic, I love this poem :D Thank you for sharing.

Link to comment

Very nice play on the sensations brought by colours around us, albeit in that "grey" unappealing context.

 

The only other sense that you could have used in there would be taste. When you're hit by depression, everything tastes stale and insipid.

 

I particularly love this line:

Grey goes unnoticed and lets its sibling colours talk instead whilst it sits quietly, listening, not speaking.

Link to comment

Wish I had some fancy big words, but I don't. So I'll settle with 'deeep' with 3 E's. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

 

Incredibly intense one Aggie. Great job!

Link to comment

I dont know Why I missed this. Nobody said. Feel a bit weird but it was before me.

Chilling and moving baby. Probably effecting me different to everyone else

:hu: :hug::wub:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..