Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 731 Words
  • 7,344 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Colorado Game - 45. Chapter 45

CHAPTER *45*

"Why do you always pull this crap?" The words entered the loft before my mom was actually inside. "I swear, sometimes I wish you had a little less of your father's genes. He was a putz and guess what; people's exhibit A."
She jabbed a finger into my chest.

"Why don't you come in?" I answered sarcastically. "So you heard, huh?"

"Yeah," she said, smacking on the chewing gum. "Queen Sofia filled me in."
Uh-oh. So Sofia knew. That wasn't really a surprise but a sudden dread ran up and down my spine.

"She's mad at me, huh?"

"No. I am the mad one. We're playing good Queen, bad Que... of course she's mad, you cockjuggling thundercunt! What were you thinking!"

"Ma..."

"Don't you ‘ma' me. I should give you a good smack, for ruining the one good thing you had going for you. You know what's funny?"

"Well, I heard this joke about a priest and a goat..."

SMACK

"Shut up," she continued, without missing a beat, "what's funny is that if I ever pulled a stunt like this, I wouldn't hear the end of it. What? If my mother were still alive, you'd be looking at a woman with a three inch heel sticking out of her forehead, for giving birth to the densest twit in town. Tell me what happened."
I sighed.

"I screwed up. As usual."

"Ah, self pity. Wonderful stage. You get to wallow and feel sorry for yourself, and console yourself with chocolate ice-cream." SMACK "What the hell happened?"
It didn't take me all that long to tell her the main points.

"Oh, where does this guy live? I got a three inch heel with his name on it. What a piece of work."

"Yeah..."

"Still, it does confirm what I actually already knew..."

"What's that?"
I held up my hands in case she wanted to smack me in the head some more, but she smiled.

"That you're a good kid. An incredibly stupid one, but that's part of my gene pool, so I can't really trash you about it. So what are you gonna do?"
I shrugged.

"Did you call Ross?"
Only about a thousand times.

"Yeah, he doesn't wanna talk to me."

"Gee, I wonder why." She ruffed up my hair affectionately. "Sorry. Okay, so you're one hundred percent sure that nothing happened between you and that guy?"

"Oh come on, ma. I may be the densest twit in town but you know better than that. I love Ross. That jackass doctored those pictures to make it look like something that didn't happen."

"Did you tell Ross that?" I nodded.

"Yeah, but it's not about that. I think he actually does believe that part. It's about me lying to him, and continuing to see Kyle after making a promise not to do that. They warned me about Kyle, a gazillion times. I just thought he wasn't the guy they were making him out to be. I was wrong."

"Tell him that!"

"No ma, it's over. The sooner you accept that, the better. I have. Well, not entirely but when Ross doesn't want to even speak to me, what use is there in waiting? He won't come around, I know that much. So, I think I'm skipping town for a while. I got some opportunities..."

"Skipping town?" she echoed, her eyes widening. "What... Mark..."

"I have a few offers from Canada. Some producer called me about a new TV-show. I was thinking of heading up to Vancouver and see if that's something I can do."

"Vancouver? Christ kid, if you wanna see Santa, buy a Hallmark card. You don't have to actually go live with the guy."

"Mom..."

"I know, I know, I'm just trying to get my head around the idea. How long would you be gone?"
I winced a little, not daring to look her in the eye.

"Umm, that would be... umm... like per-cough-ma-cough-nent."
Her hand came up and I got out of the way before it connected.

"Exactly your dad!"

"Listen ma, if the job is great, why not move there? This could be my big break!"

"I got a big break right here for ya," she growled, picking up a decorative rolling pin.

"Please wait, dear. At least until I'm done," a familiar voice spoke up behind me. Great. Just what I needed.

Sofia Forester.

andr0gene 2004-Present; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..