Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 1,179 Words
  • 11,325 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Colorado Game - 50. Chapter 50

CHAPTER *50*

He looked thinner. His cheeks were a little hollowed than I remembered. But his eyes were exactly the same; one green, one blue and, at this very moment, staring wide back into mine.

Whatever the other people in the room thought about the scene playing out in front of them, I didn't care. I also had no idea how much time had passed when the sound finally returned to my ears, and some uncomfortable coughing began to emerge at various points around the conference table.

I shook out of the moment and nodded to one of the producers, who told Mark to come in and take a seat.

**********

The meeting went by in a flash, and I didn't recall much of what had been said. For all I knew, I might even have given up my controlling share in Forester Gaming; I wouldn't know, nor did I really care. All I knew was the sound of Mark's voice when he first croaked out a stuttered response to an inquiry, then his voice slowly turning to normal as the meeting progressed, his eyes still flicking to me from time to time, but definitely avoiding my gaze.

**********

Once the meeting was over, we both lingered, waiting for the room to clear until only the two of us were left.

I was glad; it meant he wanted to talk, which was somewhat of a relief. All I needed was an opening, and it appeared he was willing to give it.

"Hi," he said, for the first time looking me straight in the eye. "So what's the real reason you're here?"

"Nothing gets past you, does it?" I replied, sending him a smile. "The real reason is you. But you already knew that from the moment you came in here, didn't you?"
He nodded.

"That's what I figured, yes. It's too much of a coincidence, you showing up here. Nice ploy, though. How did you find me? I didn't tell Sofia."

"Even though you promised her to do so?"
He lifted an eyebrow.

"Yes, I know about her visit to the loft. But it was Gloria who ratted you out."

"I should've known; she caves way too easily to romantic gestures."
I bit my lower lip.

"So you know why I'm really here..."

"She didn't mention it when I spoke to her last night, but my imagination runs rampant at times; maybe I'm all wrong but I'm hoping..."
He cut off, taking a deep breath.
"I'm hoping..."
His gaze broke away.

"So am I," I answered, swallowing hard to get rid of a sudden lump in my throat, rising from my own chair. "I know everything."

"Everything?"

"Well, most of it. I know you were telling the truth when you said nothing happened."

"How?"

"I saw a videotape. I saw it all."
It became deadly silent.

"That bastard...he taped it?"
I nodded slowly, taking a step forward.

"He did, yes. And in a way, I'm glad he did."

"You are? Ross...why would you..."

"I'm glad," I cut him off, "because it made me fully realize that I'd been wrong. I should have believed you when you said it wasn't as it seemed."

"Don't....don't do that," he said, sending me a look that suddenly made me stop.

"Don't do what?" I replied, softly.

"Don't take the blame. I'm the one who decided to lie. I'm the one who decided to deceive you. I thought you were wrong, and I fell for Kyle's act. You warned me. Sofia warned me..."

"Yes, we did."

"It's my entire fault. I...I thought I knew better. He fooled me."

"If you had listened, really listened, he wouldn't have had the chance..."

It hurt to say it, seeing that it hurt Mark, but it somehow felt necessary. He had to know, even if it might scare him away but I was relieved when it didn't.

"I know. And I wish I could do it all over..."

"We can't do that, but we can try again," I replied, taking the final few steps, stopping right in front of him. "That's why I'm here. It's the only reason I'm here. But..."
He looked up, his eyes searching mine.

"But...?

"But there are rules."

"Rules?"

He frowned.

"Yes," I said, using a finger to lift up his chin. "But before I say any of them, I need to do something."
His frown deepened.

"What's that?"

"This," I replied softly, and lowered my lips onto his.

The kiss was as electrical as the first one we shared, all those months ago in the Aspen chalet. I pushed my tongue deep between his lips, which willingly parted, seeking his and pulling him against me, hard. He moaned softly, widening beneath me as I cupped the back of his head, devouring him with all the pent up need I'd saved for this moment.

Seconds flew by; minutes. It didn't matter. All that mattered was having him with me again. And when I finally lifted my head, I knew I had him back.

“I had a whole bunch of rules lined up but I can’t even think of any of them right now.”
He smiled against my lips.

“How about; trust each other and let one another explain, no matter what it is, before we jump to conclusions?”

“That works for me,” I smiled back.
Then I locked eyes with his.
"I'll also want something else..."

"What? Anything..."

"Marry me."

His eyes widened.

"What!?"

"Marry me. Canada allows gay marriage. We get a license, and we'll get married." I answered calmly. "I don't care if it's acknowledged in the U.S. or not, I want that piece of paper saying that you’re mine as much as I am yours. Take it or leave it."

His brow tightened and his eyes searched mine, looking for a sign that I was joking. I wasn't.

"Get on your knees."

"Excuse me?" I answered. I hadn't heard that right. Was he actually going to make me...

"Get. On. Your. Knees. Ask me."
I stared down at him. Was he serious? He winked. Surely he was joking...

"Mark..."

"You're making me promise that I’ll be yours, officially to family and friends? Then you're kneeling...right now."

His eyes flickered humorously when I started to kneel and he gripped my shoulders.

"Alright, I'm kidding. You know I don't believe in that stuff..."

But I did. And he also gambled a little too far with me; now I wanted it. I continued, all the way down until my left knee touched the floor.

"I am kneeling. And I am ask..."

"Ross, come on..." he cut in.

"...ing. Mark. I am not kidding; will you marry me?"

He looked away, embarrassed. Then his eyes sought mine. It took a long time for his answer. Even longer seconds passed.

"You're serious..." he whispered, almost too soft to hear.

"Yes, I am."

He bit his lower lip again, his eyes flicking from left to right, finally coming to rest, staring into mine.

"Yes."

***THE END***

Andr0gene © 2004-Present

THE END!
andr0gene 2004-Present; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 35
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



I didn't check to see how many chapters had been added this time. I knew there were more than one. Ok, I am a romantic hidding behind a cynical mask. I wish reviews could offer a rating like in Netflix. FIVE STARS! PLUS!

 

I am almost embarassed by how much I liked this story. An epilogue stating Michael was best man might be cute.It ani't a done deal yet. Anything could happen. Right?

 

ps: I withdraw the term slut.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm glad he had to pay for not listening. Do I sound vindictive? I hate it when someone has a love and doesn't trust it like they should. I loved your whole story. I am glad I found it and it was a great treat. I am glad I didn't give up when I suspected of him cheating and then seeing how he lied to spend time with Kyle. Of course now I really wonder what Sophia did to Kyle. I know it had to be something worth writing home about.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I am a sucker for happy endings, even when the main characters are total screw-ups and really don't deserve one.

 

Alright, most of us screw-up more often than we like to admit and we still want happiness. I guess being imperfect human beings is what makes us

interesting. Thanks for the story!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Great story....Once again I read it in two days....When I started reading this story I have to admit I only read because #1 you wrote it and #2 because Ioved The House Always Wins so much. I must admit Micheal and JJ will always hold a special place for me but Ross and Mark run a close second :D I went on a family outing today and couldn't wait to get back to read with was going to happen Next with Ross and Mark...I wanted to smack Mark a few times but in the end he made up for it...But the icing on the cake was the mention of Micheal and JJ...I squeeled when I read that Michael and Ross were friends :D :D then the mention of JJ and Mark getting along oh and that Micheal and JJ were married too cute.... I love the fact that you let us meet the moms in your stories and how loving and accepting they are when it comes to their sons.... I would read about either couple in a heart beat...Hummm there's idea...A vacation with my favs Micheal, JJ, Mark and Ross.... :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment

shucks..im in heavens when im reading this last chapter...

 

thank you for this once again wonderful piece of story..

 

i wish the writer would write about what happen to that bitch kyle...

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

OMG! Another pice of art!!!... I love the story, I love your stories!!... I totally agreed with "Naptowngirl" on her review; I also squeeled when you mention Michael and JJ (and there married... love it....in that review I ask for a baby for them : ) ). I read this story right after I finish "The House Always Wins" also in two days (my boss is a little mad though : P ) Maybe a epilogue at the end of every story, or like what you did in chapter 40 here ..... Is just that I'll miss then so much : )

I will star to read the other stories you have and I'm sure gona love them....

Your biggest fan, Antonio from Chile.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/27/2011 10:56 AM, ANORDOFHALL said:
OMG! Another pice of art!!!... I love the story, I love your stories!!... I totally agreed with "Naptowngirl" on her review; I also squeeled when you mention Michael and JJ (and there married... love it....in that review I ask for a baby for them : ) ). I read this story right after I finish "The House Always Wins" also in two days (my boss is a little mad though : P ) Maybe a epilogue at the end of every story, or like what you did in chapter 40 here ..... Is just that I'll miss then so much : )

I will star to read the other stories you have and I'm sure gona love them....

Your biggest fan, Antonio from Chile.

Oh my; I got you in trouble with your boss? I'll cease writing at once, then! ;)

Thank you for enjoying these old stories and thank you for your review.

 

A.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Like so many of your other fans i really enoy your writing!!

 

I've been crying and literally laughing out loud through out the chapters.

You are SO good at making different characters, most of which has great depth, my only critisism to you is that the main characters are very simmilar to those in other pieces of your work. Which is rather sad, because you clearly have no problem with coming up with characters and making them multi layerd, so why 're use' the same characteristics on your main ones? That said i like them and your style of writing and i hope to read much more from you!

- Sweet

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Reading this for the second time I like it even more. But I wish you'd add another chapter or two. Not just for the hot make up sex, but to see how their relation progress, both with the issues they still have but especially with the pressure from outside attention. I liked it that you showed that being rich and known isn't just a bed of roses. I can never understand why people envy royalty and other public figures. Sure they have a lot of priviliges and fun, but the price they pay is high too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/09/2013 10:27 PM, Timothy M. said:
Reading this for the second time I like it even more. But I wish you'd add another chapter or two. Not just for the hot make up sex, but to see how their relation progress, both with the issues they still have but especially with the pressure from outside attention. I liked it that you showed that being rich and known isn't just a bed of roses. I can never understand why people envy royalty and other public figures. Sure they have a lot of priviliges and fun, but the price they pay is high too.
That's a good point. I may, at some time in the future. The ending always felt rushed, to me, it doesn't feel...'done', right?
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/31/2012 12:21 AM, SweetAllis said:
Like so many of your other fans i really enoy your writing!!

 

I've been crying and literally laughing out loud through out the chapters.

You are SO good at making different characters, most of which has great depth, my only critisism to you is that the main characters are very simmilar to those in other pieces of your work. Which is rather sad, because you clearly have no problem with coming up with characters and making them multi layerd, so why 're use' the same characteristics on your main ones? That said i like them and your style of writing and i hope to read much more from you!

- Sweet

You are right, I do write with the same characteristics across the board. Perhaps it's because it's a comfortable thing. I don't know; I'll see if I can change it somewhat, in another story. ;)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

The ending does seem to be wrapped up rather neatly but it doesn't stop it from being satisfying. I still think much of Mark's behavior was self centered bordering on arrogence throughout most of the story. Not liking the character really. Ross on the other hand was probably too good to be true but I had no problem liking that character, at all.

 

Besides wishing a slap upside the head for, Mark!, this has been a great pleasure to read.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh gosh! I enjoyed this so much. Thank you for all your efforts in writing it, I haven't enjoyed a read this much for quite a while.

:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/12/2014 12:22 PM, DimpleCat said:
Oh gosh! I enjoyed this so much. Thank you for all your efforts in writing it, I haven't enjoyed a read this much for quite a while.

:)

Why thank you!

Try THAW, ;)

Link to comment

I really enjoyed this story :*)

They had some rough times but they got back together and had a happy ending :wub: and I do love happy endings :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow! Really got caught up in this story. Loved the characters and the twists and turns in their relationship. It was very realistic and so romantic and so sexy too. All the great elements. I also enjoyed the very short chapters that made the read wizz along really fast. That was fun. Though scary too, when Mark started lying to Ross about his involvement with Kyle, I really wanted to jump in there and shake him, not that he would have listened. He was such a stubborn oke sometimes! I hope you've written lots more to enjoy. Thanks for writing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

After rereading Colorago Game, I just wanted to let you know that it is still one of my favorite stories...the characters and plotlines are written perfectly. This story makes me feel good while reading and the effect stays with me long after completing it....it's my go to for a mood enhancer.......Thanks, Mike

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Something great happened some chapters into this story. The writing at first was hesitant, some distracting word choices. Then a wave of maturity came across the writing. The plot advanced wit a certainty and confidence. The characters filled out. And I was swept away by the story. Thank you.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Another fantastic story and like so many others I loved that Michael and JJ were brought into this story (so glad I read that one first) and that Mark and Michael are friends. I do agree that the ending to this is a little rushed and would love to read more about their ongoing relationship, marriage etc. Five stars from me also for all your stories 

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Sonya said:

Another fantastic story and like so many others I loved that Michael and JJ were brought into this story (so glad I read that one first) and that Mark and Michael are friends. I do agree that the ending to this is a little rushed and would love to read more about their ongoing relationship, marriage etc. Five stars from me also for all your stories 

 

Good lord, you've read a lot over the last few days, lol! Thank you for your comments.

Link to comment

Second time around. I enjoyed it as much as the first . I didn’t recall most of the plot and much of the story was a surprise . Life’s little lessons can be hard , but not impossible . Thank you for a weekend of fabulous entertainment ! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, deville said:

Second time around. I enjoyed it as much as the first . I didn’t recall most of the plot and much of the story was a surprise . Life’s little lessons can be hard , but not impossible . Thank you for a weekend of fabulous entertainment ! 

 

I read through it again as well, today; oof, there are some cringing moments. I don't like Mark so much, which is strange since I wrote it mostly from his point of view. I must've been in a pretty weird place, writing him that way. Fickle as all f***. 

 

As stories of mine go, this one ranks as the lowest in liking, to me. The best one I like to date is THAW, with The Butler gaining on it at superspeed to replace it as favorite. ;) 

 

Thanks for re-reading!

Edited by Andr0gene
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..