Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 625 Words
  • 7,793 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part II - 33. Chapter 33

Sorry, just had to write this...

CHAPTER 33 --==Kit’s POV==--

[Uncle T sucks. :/]

I received the text about half an hour after I sent mine, telling him how much I’d enjoyed last night. And about two minutes later, I received the dreaded [we need to talk] message.
What had Taylan done?

“What’s with the face?” Dad asked, as he steered us out of the warehouse parking lot.

“I dunno,” I answered, worried. “Apparently, according to Tom, Taylan sucks.”

“Uh oh,” Dad answered, frowning.

“Did you two talk, last night?”

“Not that I know of,” came the answer, a quick look my way. “Nothing that concerns you, if that’s what you’re asking.”
He spared another glance.
“You’re worried…what’s going on?”

“I dunno,” I repeated. “Tom just told me that we need to talk.

“Ouch…”
It came out so sympathetic that I got even more worried.

“What do you think it means?”

“I don’t…”

“Dad…” I cut in, stopping that line before he uttered it.

“I don’t know, son. I wouldn’t dare venture a guess. It’s Taylan and Tom; any two other people, and I’d say don’t worry about it. With these two; we might be coming home to a warzone.”

“Dad!”

“What! You know Tay….”
I groaned.
“And Tom,” he finished, meekly.

“Combustion.”

“Volatile.”

“Floor it.”
He didn’t even need my encouragement; he accelerated the second I said it.

**********

Well…no sirenes were audible when we drove into the neighborhood. I took that as a good sign. Coming up to the house, it was still standing. Another good sign. Even dad expelled a sigh of relief. Tay’s car was gone, though.

“What does it mean?” I asked, as we both stared at the empty spot.

“They needed room to fight? Took it to the Valley?”

“Not funny, Dad.”

“Come on, Kit, I know as much as you do. Do you see any blood spatter?”

“NOT funny, DAD!”

“What do you want me to say. Honey, I’m home? I’d be lucky if I don’t have an axe sticking out of my forehead by the time I finish that line. And I know of nothing I did wrong. What did you do?”

“Nothing!”

“You sure? One hundred percent positive?”

“Positive.”
I thought about it. Maybe that kiss, this morning…
“I think…”

“Hmm…remember what I told you about getting a boyfriend like Tay?”

“Yeah?”

“You had to go and get one, didn’t you?”

“Dad?”

“That’s me.”

“You’re not helping.”

“Shutting up, son.”

After looking around for a bit, I came up empty. Nothing in sight. Dad returned from a foray onto the grounds. He shook his head.

“Maybe they killed each other?” I opted.

“Don’t sound so hopeful. Besides, who would take care of the bodies; it’s the weekend. The gardener doesn’t come in on those.”

“Dad?”

“Yo?”

“This is fun.”

“It is, isn’t it?”
He snickered.

“Don’t let your mom or my daughter-in-law hear about that.”

“Noted.”
I grinned at the daughter-in-law remark. Good one. I’d invented the mom one. It was only suiting he invented that one.

Just then, we heard Taylan’s car pull into the driveway. We awaited them, leaning against dad’s car.

“You’re still alive?” Dad asked as soon as Tay stepped out, overdoing it a bit on the relieved part.

“Try not to sound too disappointed,” it came back, Tay answered in a huff, stalking past us with his nose in the air.

“Yeah. It’s not like we brought back enough red meat to feed a halfway house,” Tom’s voice sounded, glaring my way. “Uncle Tay!?” he called then, “want me to fire up the grill?”

“Grill?” Dad replied, perking up. “Honey? I didn’t know we were gonna have a barbe…honey? TAY!”
He practically ran to the house, drooling.

“Dad! DAD! Come back here….Dad!”

Traitor.

andr0gene 2005-present
  • Like 19
  • Love 9
  • Haha 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 08/14/2011 11:02 PM, Frostina said:
LOL!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I cant stop laughing!! loved this chapter! ^_^

Mind you, I was half schnuckered when I wrote that. ;)
Link to comment
On 08/14/2011 10:26 PM, Anya said:
LOL....I loved this ;p
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it. Guess we needed a bit of 'fun' in the story, after all the heavy crap. :)
Link to comment

Eeee, I dont like cliffhangers!!!!! I really enjoy the way the story is developing. At last the two boys are getting there, but I smell a snake in the grass. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Great story!

Link to comment

So after the two Slattery guys bantering, we have the Gilmore guys bonding over how difficult but fun it is to be with their loves. Absolutely hilarious and cute. "you had to go and get one" is my favorite line.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..