Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 1,000 Words
  • 9,318 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The House Always Wins - 29. Chapter 29

CHAPTER 29

From that afternoon onward, things changed noticeably between us. Over the next three days, I think I saw an actual glimpse of the real Michael Black: funny, relaxed, sexy, frisky, playful.

It wasn't just the physical aspect of all this that had me falling for him. Even outside the bedroom, he proved to be a challenging adversary; we engaged in discussions, sometimes heated, about a number of topics, finding ourselves in agreement on some points, and bitter enemies on others.

He was a master in building a base for his opinion, an ability that I sorely lacked; I always head into an argument with my heart on my sleeve, and just go from there.

He forced me to take sides in a few discussions, sometimes even managing to alter my point of view.

I never succeeded doing that with him, though, and simply gave up when he wouldn't see my side. Not that he was always right, or thought he was right but simply because, according to him, it was impossible to talk to me about certain subjects.

"You are the most stubborn person I have ever met," he told me one time. "I can't believe you support that."

Another time he simply left the room and cooled off in the study, when I had uttered such an offending suggestion as to what he could do with his opinion that he assured me that it would be better for him to leave the room, lest he commit a murder. Sex had been very wild, that particular night.

There was also one time that I stalked out, completely flabbergasted at his narrow-minded approach to a particular sensitive subject and a subsequent ‘fight'. I accused him of being so far back into the dark ages, dogs would have still been barking out of their asses.

The subject was marriage, gay marriage. I'm not in favor of it, for a number of reasons, not in the least through my upbringing. I guess that rubbed off on me, I dunno, but also because I wouldn't want to be tied to someone like that.

Michael's opinion was the exact opposite; his reasoning in favor was that, in his opinion, it was a declaration of love and partnership, for the rest of the world, law, friends, and family as well.

"These days, people leave each other way too easily. Marriage forces them to take steps to undo all they have shared up to then, during which time they are obligated to really look at the problem, and deal with it," he preached, haugtily, "the gay community, especially, could do with a bit less easy-partnering, if you ask me. One reason it is so difficult to come out for young men like you, is that people have this idea about gay people being sexually promiscuous, jumping from partner to partner faster than the average person changes clothes. That's not who I am, that's not who many of us are. You know it, I know it; but it's much more fun, and effective, to display the flamboyant of ‘our' kind on TV and in magazines, instead of the regular people, who's lives don't differ all that much from every day life of a straight couple, and who really are quite boring."

He did have a point, but it took me a while to get to it, myself. When I finally did, I apologized and partly acknowledged his view, not entirely letting go of my own opinion. He inclined his head gracefully, accepting the apology.

"Fair enough. So...shall we?"

"Shall we what?" I asked, not seeing the trap he'd dug for me.

"Get married, of course!"

Aaah! I walked right into that one. I slapped him and he took it, snickering.

"You're too easy," he hiccupped.

"Bah. I'm not talking to you anymore."

At that he launched into a loud laughing fit, grabbing me to keep me from escaping the room.

"Don't be such a teen. Come on..."

"It's a serious discussion and you're making fun of it. And I'm not a teen!"

God, the way I said it sounded like a teen on a tantrum!

That thought was confirmed by another roaring laugh.

"Michael...lemme go."

"Never."

"Michael..." I repeated, threateningly, clawing at his arm wrapped around my waist and digging my nails into his flesh. I really didn't think it was funny.

"Stop that."

"Then let me go!"

"No. Don't be so recalcitrant."

"Re-what?" I stopped resisting, looking at him questioningly.

"Argumentative, obstinate."

"Look who's talking! Let go! Now!"

He wrapped his other arm around my middle and worked me down onto my back, on the sofa.

"Get off of me! Unfair!"

"Everything is allowed in love and war," he said, wiggling his eyebrows. He kept following my mouth with his.

"Yeah, well we're not in love, and this isn't a war. So get off, and cut it out!"

"Says who? You?"

"Yeah, says me. Michael... I said cut it out!"

"I heard you. I'm choosing not to listen to that drivel."

"Michael..."

"Jason...?"

He grinned, settling on top of me.

"Shit, you're impossible to talk to! What are you doing?"

"Making sure you're not getting away."

I kept avoiding his mouth, still following mine, closing in.

"No! Michael, I don't wanna..."

"Sure you don't."

He finally caught my lips but instead of kissing me, he bit them and none too gently.

"Now do I have your attention? Good."

Fuck, that hurt!

"You bit me? You bit me!"

"Jason..."

I started bucking underneath him.

"...stop it. Jason! God damn it... don't you get it?"

"Let me go!"

"No."

He shifted his weight to pin my legs down and grabbed my hands, with which I tried to work him off of me.

"Jason, stop it, I'm trying to say something here!"

"You have a funny way of talking. Get off!"

I kept on working against him and he let go, after a minute of hefty resistance on my part; then I walked out, fuming.

Changed one word. smile.png
andr0gene 2004-Present
  • Like 15
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 6
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Idont think Michael was joking with marrying comment. Hmm they are both getting in deeper than they counted on.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..