Jump to content
    Andy Lake
  • Author
  • 4,601 Words
  • 1,173 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Broken Tears - 4. Chapter 4 - First Day

Broken Tears - Chapter 4 By Andy Lake

You must be 18 or older to read this story.

Stop if the idea of sexual intercourse between same sexed couples disgusts you, and if that's so, what the fuck are you doing here???

Thanks Stephen for editing and being available.

All usual disclaimers apply. If you are not supossed to be reading this, then you shouldn't, but I know I can't stop you. *sigh*

All the following characters are fictional, all made up by myself, thanks to my twisted, yet erotic, imagination.

I'm the author, so obviously, I own the story and copyrights. It can only be spread with my permission or downloaded for personal pleasure.

Recap - I walked back inside and went to my room. I took a blanket and placed it on Dad, and he mumbled a thanks and drifted to sleep once again. I walked to my room and onto the balcony. I looked to the horizon, and there was the beautiful sunset,a sunset, something so pure, so natural, and so simple. It means a closure, a closure of the chapter called day. Maybe that's what I needed, a sunset on the chapter called pain. A stray tear left my eye, and I looked over to the sunset.

Characters

Tyler: Protagonist

Mark: Tyler's brother

Jeff: Mark's best friend

Tom: Mark and Jeff's friend

Jenni: Mark's girlfriend

Doug: Mark's friend

Jane: Doug's girlfriend

Li: Tyler's best friend

Dina: Jenni's sister

Trev and Jeremy (Jermz): Dina's friends

Brandon: Bully

Mark Sr.: Tylers dad, reffered to simply as Dad

Ms. Cambry: Theater Teacher

First Day.. - Chapter 4

I woke up sweating, breathing heavily,and my heart was pounding at maximum speed. I had the worst nightmare ever!! It was horrible!! I was walking in the hallways of school. Most students were staring at me, and then out of the blue, one shoved me into a locker. Hours passed, and he came to get me out. He only did it to beat me up and shove me back again. It was so horrible! I felt scared shitless!

"TYLER!! GET READY FOR SCHOOL. YOU HAVE ONE HOUR!!" My dad screamed from downstairs.

I walked into the bathroom, took a hot shower, and looked at myself in the mirror. My blond hair was damp, and my blue eyes looked excited and sad. I towel dried my hair and walked back to my room. I dressed up in some beige pants and a green button up shirt, tucked in. I placed on a hoodie. My hair was covered with the hoodie, but my bangs could be seen and covered my forehead and half of my eyes perfectly.

"Hey, Dad." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hey, son. Bacon and eggs?" He asked as he hugged me good morning.

"Yep" I responded as I sat at the table. I was looking at my phone and texting when Mark walked in. He was wearing a polo shirt, some loose jeans, and a jean jacket. He looked so HOT.

"Hey, squirt. You really are a nerd." He said laughing as he hugged me and kissed my head.

"Sorry I'm not a jock. Don't feel forced to talk to me at school." I said as I stood up and walked back to the garden. I made my way to the little green rose plant that started growing, and I bent down and touched it.

"Wish me luck, Mommy." I said as I sat down in front of it.

"Hey, you know Mark isn't embarrassed about you, you know?" My dad said as he sat beside me and gave me my plate of food.

"It's just that I really am a nerd. I dress like one, I wear glasses, and I even get straight A's on everything. I don't want to embarrass Mark at school. People are gonna make fun of him for having a brother like me." I said looking down, fighting back the tears.

"He loves you. He is in the kitchen almost crying because you got mad at him...He thinks he hurt you." My dad said as he rubbed my back, and I finished my meal.

"OK, I'm gonna talk to him." I said standing up. My dad stayed there, and I looked back and saw him talking to the sprout.

I slid open the glass door and walked into the kitchen. Mark was looking sad and eating slowly, very unlike him.

"Hey, Mark. Sorry I exploded a little today. It's just that I'm on edge here. I'm scared about school and stuff, so please don't be mad at me. I love you." I said as I walked to him and hugged him.

"I was scared that I said something hurtful. I swore to you that you wouldn't get hurt, ever!!" He said as he hugged me.

"I know. Now eat up so we can go." I said as he smiled and started devouring his food.

We walked out of the house, and Mark drove us to school. My heart was pounding so fast. We made it to school, and Mark parked his car. I hopped out and looked over to the school, and it looked quite big. There were tons of kids making there way into the school. I gulped and looked around, and I noticed Tom and Jenni walking over to us. Well, Jenni was running.

"Baby!! How are you?!" Jenni said as she hugged me and gripped me tight.

"OK, and you?" I said hugging her back.

"Great. Did you have a nice breakfast?" She asked looking at my face.

"Yeah, it was good." I said smiling.

"Ok. You look very cute today." She said as she kissed my cheek.

I blushed and looked down.

"Hey, little baby." Tom said as he hugged me, too.

"Hi, Tom." I said paralized around his strong arms.

"Ready for school?" He asked still hugging me.

"Yeah. I won't make it in if you don't release me, though." I said giggling.

"It's just that you're too cute to hold back." He said as he kissed my cheek.

I blushed as he released me. I looked back to the ground, and he caressed my cheek.

"Tom, Mark, Jenni" an angry looking Jeff said rather coldly.

"Hi, Jeff." I said smiling. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Hey there, little baby." He hugged me and kissed my head as I wrapped my arms around his stomach.

"Hey, everyone. Stop groping my brother. It seems like everyone here wants to have their way with him. I never get that type of attention." Mark said pouting, which made us laugh.

"Where are Don and Jane?" I asked looking around when Jeff let me go.

"Probably making out in a closet or something." Tom said laughing.

"He didn't need to know that. Stop corrupting him." Jenni said as she smacked Tom.

We talked for a while and eventually made our way into the school. They left for the D wing, which was only for 10th graders forward. I was still in 9th grade, so I made it to the B wing. I walked down the hall, and there he was, the guy I had the nightmare about, the guy that beat the crap out of me. He walked by me, and I ducked my head in fear. My breathing started quickening, and then I felt it.

"Move it, faggot!" The guy said as he slammed me against the locker. He was at least 5'9" tall, looked about my age, and was kind of bulky, but not that much. I raised my head and saw him grin at me. I walked down the hall, towards the office, my head hung low, and I already felt the social awkwardness. I made it to the principal's office, and he gave me my schedule. I took it and ran off looking for room 303, that meant third floor, third room. I ran up the stairs and made it to the door of my class. I felt odd, kinda anxious, and nervous. It was English class, one of my favorite subjects. I knocked and waited for a while, and after some time, maybe a minute or so, an old thin looking woman opened the door. She smiled and looked at me.

"Hi. My name is Tyler Jacobs, and I'm new here." I said and handed her my information. She read it and looked up at me.

"Welcome, Tyler. Come inside. I am Mrs. Cadburry." She smiled and ushered me inside. I stood there in front of the other students, paralyzed, and I caught a glimpse of the bully. He looked over at me, and a mischevious smile spread across his face.

"Well, students, we have a newcomer this year. His name is Tyler Jacobs D'Sanct. Please make him feel welcome." She said as she looked at me. She asked me to remove my hoodie so people could see me better. I did and fixed my bangs so that they only covered my left eye, not both.

"He's cute, like a baby." A voice said in the back. The classroom roared of laughter. I turned red and looked over to the girl who said it, and there was a beautiful brown skinned girl. Her skin looked like peanut butter, and I recognized her face. She looked a lot like Jenni!!

I made my way and sat beside her.

"Hi. Are you Jenni's sister?" I asked politely.

"Yeah. You must be Mark's brother, right? My sister told me you were cute, but she kinda fell short." She said with a smile on her face.

"Well, thanks." I said looking downward. We talked a little more throughout class, and minutes afterward, a paper ball flew at me. I undid it, and it said Hi. I looked over and saw Li waving at me, and instantly I became all smiles.

"Ughh. You friends with Li?" Dina said.

"Yeah, she is great." I said smiling.

"A bimbo, that's what she is." She said disgusted.

"Why don't you like her? She seems nice." I said kind of upset.

"We were best friends, but thanks to Carly, the school whore, she changed, and well, she's not the same!" Dina said with a tone of sadness.

"Well, maybe things can change again." I said smiling wide.

"Well, maybe." She said smiling, too.

The class was somewhat boring, although, I did like the teacher. After English, I packed up and made my way to the door.

"Move it fag!" I heard the bully say as he shoved me out of the way and darted out of the classroom.

"Who's that?" I said kind of annoyed.

"He is Brandon Pears. He's like the school bully, future jock." Li said with a little too much enthusiasm.

"You like him??" I asked incredulously. How could someone like a jackass?!.

"Well, he is handsome." She said sighing, dreamily. Well, that was true. He is handsome, has muscular features, a square jaw, jet black hair, and green eyes. His hair was kinda spiked up without gel which made it look smooth.

"Well, I'll give you that but personality does count, and that seems to be his problem." I said irritated.

"Yep, thats Bran. He is always hassling nerdy guys." Li said looking at me up and down.

"I like myself and the way I dress, so don't start it." I warned with a smile.

"Yeah, well, you are the only one." She said laughing as I shoved her.

"So, what's the thing between you and Dina?" I asked curious.

"It's something that involves Carly, a boy, and Dina. We stopped talking cause of that. I miss her sometimes." She said looking down.

"Well, my goal this year will be to bring you two together." I said smiling wide.

"Well, good luck, UGLY!!" She said as she ran out of the room. I followed, laughing, as we made it to our next class. Thank god I had her in almost all my classes, and the three classes we didn't share, I had with Dina, so I wasn't going to be alone.

Classes were really great! I met this guy, Jeremy, and this other guy, Trevor. They were really nice with me, especially Trev, and well, when I first saw him I almost fell off my chair. He is really cute, about 5'8", brown hair, he is thin but has some definition on his arms and legs, and he plays soccer. We talked a lot throughout classes.

After some time, I had adapted fairly well, then lunchtime arrived, and this made me nervous. All the stories you hear about sitting alone and the nasty looks people give you, that wasn't something I was looking forward to.

I made my way inside the cafeteria with Li by my side, and she walked with me to get my tray and order my food. It looked quite good, actually. I looked around after I paid and searched around for a table. I was with Li, but she left and went to sit with the kind of cool crowd. She told me she was sorry, but that didn't bother me. She even hugged me in front of everybody, and maybe she didn't ask me to come because Brandon was there, and indeed, I would've neglected the invitation. My eyes roamed over the room and landed on an empty table, and I made my way to it and sat down. I started nibbling on my food, and a few minutes later someone tapped my back. I turned to see Trevor, Jeremy, and Dina behind me. I smiled at them, they sat down with me, and we had a good lunch. We talked about classes and what we like to do, and it was going really smooth until Brandon made his way to our table. He saw me, I looked back, our eyes locked, and he smiled. I made an excuse and said I had to use the bathroom, but it was too late. He was already there, and he looked at me with evil eyes.

"Well, you have friends. I'm surprised people like fags at this school!!" He said as many people burst out laughing. I felt my face redden and the tears soaking my eyes. Trevor and Jeremy stood up and told Brandon to back off, but he just laughed and moved towards me. He spilled my tray on my clothes and ran off laughing. Dina gave me a sad look and so did Trevor and Jermz.

They seemed ashamed of being here with me, and tears started falling down my cheeks. I just stood up and looked down as I made my way out of the cafeteria, almost running. I entered the bathroom and started cleaning my shirt. The pizza sauce stain wasn't fading, and I looked like a mess. I made my way to the principal's office, but before I could get there, a teacher stopped and asked what had happened. I told her everything, and she just looked at me with sympathetic eyes and told me to follow her. We entered the school theater, and she ushered me back stage. Her name was Dorothy Cambry, and she was the drama teacher. She looked kind of eccentric, so it kinda made sense. She told me she was going to get some clothes and that I should wait here. I looked at her and smiled, telling her it was ok.

I stayed there alone in the theater, on the stage, and I looked around the empty seats. This school theater was quite big, with at least 1,000 or more seats. I looked around the stage, and there it was, the most beautiful piano I had ever seen. It was a big white classic piano, and I made my way to it. It looked so shiny and perfect, and the touch of it made me shiver. I sat on the comfy stool in front of it and started playing. The sound was perfect in every way, and the echo in the room was the best. I felt sad, and I wanted to sing to let it all go. Then I remembered that a few years ago me and my mom were watching X factor, and there was Leona Lewis. I remember me and my mom dialing non stop to make sure she won. Her voice sounded so perfect and pure. Once she performed a song called Run, and it was the most beautiful song I ever heard her sing. My mom loved it as much, and she used her as a lullaby when we slept together. She always hugged me and sang into my ear, and she made emphasis on a special part of the lyrics.

Light up, Light up as If you have a choice even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you, dear.

That part was the best. She always made me feel safe, and she always told me how great I was. Thanks to her. I never suffered self esteem issues. Sure I am shy, but I never hated myself. I always loved Mom, and I miss her so much.

I came back from my flashback and started playing Run on the piano. I was thinking of everything me and my mom did together, cooking, swimming, and laughing. We even danced around the living room like crazy. She was so good to me, so perfect, and so pure. I needed her, and I felt so alone, so helpless. Sometimes kids just want their mommy, right?? It doesn't matter how old you are. I played and started singing.

I'll sing it one last time for you then we really have to go. You've been the only thing that's right in a life time...

Now I can barely look at you, but every single time I do, I know we'll make it anywhere away from here.

Light up, Light up as if you have a choice, even if you cannot hear my voice, I'll be right beside you, dear.

Light up, Light up, and we'll run for our lives. I can hardly speak. I understand why you can raise your voice to say...

Run - Leona Lewis

I finished the song and smiled to myself. I Wasn't crying, but I felt happy, happy that I could remember Mom for the good things we shared and not the bad things we went through. Maybe the way I mourn isn't normal, but singing relaxes me and makes me think and feel relieved.

"That wasn't bad." I heard a voice from behind me say. I looked around and saw Ms. Cambry standing there with some clothes in her hands.

"Thanks. It's my way to relax." I said smiling.

"We could use a voice like yours here." She said smiling to me.

"I'd love that." I said a little excited, which made her laugh.

"We could use a power ballad in one of our shows, and you have the perfect voice for it. Now go change, pizza boy." She said laughing at her own joke.

"Thanks." I took the clothes, made my way backstage, and I changed into some jeans and a plain white t-shirt. It looked kind of good, but it wasn't my type of clothes at all. At least it wasnt covered with pizza, though.

"Thanks for everthing, Ms. Cambry. I'm going to my final class. It's the first day, and I already missed one." I said giggling.

"I talked to your teacher on the way here, so don't worry about it. Now, we practice here every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. So, be here today after school, young man." She said as she made her way out of the theater.

I took my messenger bag, walked out as well, and I made it just in time for math. The classroom was filled, and the only seat available was the one by Brandon. I walked to it, sat down, and I ignored him as he tried to get my attention by calling me a fag.

"Hey, Fag!! I'm talking to you!" He practically screamed. Many people looked back to us, and I turned to him.

"Yes, Brandon?" I said with fear in my voice.

"Now, you can hear me?" he asked pissed.

"Sorry. I just don't appreciate being called a fag." I said submissively.

"Well, just calling the animal by its species." He said as many people laughed.

"Ok." I said defeated as I turned my attention to the teacher and kept my head low.

Time passed, and throughout the whole class, Brandon punched my arm, called me names, and threw spitballs at me. I ignored him and let it go, and the school bell rang. I sighed in relief and walked out as fast as I could to stop runnning into Brandon.

I walked to the bathroom, locked a stall, and I cried to myself without making much noise. A while later, I got out and washed my face, looked in the mirror, and for the first time in my whole life, I felt like something was wrong with me. It was getting to me the way Brandon was treating me, and it was affecting my self esteem. I walked out of the bathroom and made my way to the theater. I looked around where about 30 students were, and Dina, Jane, and Li were there, along with Trevor and Jermz. They looked at me and smiled. I walked to Jane first since I hadn't talked to her in awhile.

"Hey Jane!" I said as I hugged her.

"Hey, sweet cheeks. How was your first day?" she asked hugging back.

"Well, I got bullied, but I'm ok." I said smiling at her.

"Tell Mark, Jeff, or Tom, and they will deal with it." She said smiling.

"I'll fight my own battles." I said looking at her.

"We all need help at times, superman." She said pinching my cheeks.

I nodded and made my way to Dina, Jermz, and Trevor.

"Hey, guys. So, all of you are in theater class?" I asked excited.

"Well, just Dina, Trev, and I are. We're just the set up crew." Jermz said smiling.

"What 'bout you? Actor?" Trevor asked me.

"Singing and piano. I suck at acting BIG TIME!!" I said laughing as they did too.

I looked around, and my eyes fell on Brandon standing there. That surprised the life out of me.

"Brandon in the crew, too?" I asked Trevor.

"Well, he has to be here with the crew, like detention. He's always getting detention for bullying. So we'll see him alot here." Trevor said kind of disgusted.

"Don't like him much?" I asked.

"After what he did to you in the cafeteria, none of us like him the tiniest bit, not even Li, and she has like a kick ass crush on him." Dina said smiling.

"So, you talked to Li?" I asked smiling.

"Well, she came to our table after what Brandon did to you at lunch, and we talked things out. We decided to take it slow and see if we can be close again!" Dina said with a smile still plastered on her face.

"That's awesome!!" I said as Li made her way to us.

"That Brandon is an asshole." LI whispered as soon as she was with us.

"I know. He hates me for no damn reason!" I said a little too loud.

"Well, he hates you because of Mark. He kinda got beat up pretty badly by Mark last year and never got over it." Li stated.

"FUCK! Mark's past haunts me. First that Carly girl, and now Brandon!" I said in surprise.

"Well, you should tell Mark." Jermz said with an evil grin.

"No, let me deal with this. There's no need to fight." I Said looking at them sternly.

"Ok. I kinda wanted Mark to tumble the teeth out of him. They say that the tooth fairy pays double for bully teeth cause bullies kinda ruin her business." Jermz said laughing wildy, which made us all laugh.

"ORDER, CLASS!!" Ms. Cambry said as she entered the room.

The room went silent almost instantaneously.

"We have a new member for vocals and piano, Tyler Jacobs." She said as she motioned me up to the stage. I got up and said hi, and Brandon gave me an evil smile. I shrugged it off and stood there.

"Sing" Ms. Cambry said.

"WHAT?!" I asked a little nervous.

"You have to show the class what you got. That's how everyone who isn't a crew member got here.

"Uhh, Ok." I made my way to the piano and sang Run for the class. They cheered, smiled, applauded, and whistled. I felt really flattered, but the look that made my pride shrivel was Brandon's. He looked PISSED!!

I walked off of the stage. The theater club meeting was to talk about the halloween show, and there would be a play and a musical. The people in vocals were supossed to sing Thriller. It's a hard song, but hell, it's MJ!!

The meeting finished at 4, and I made my way out of the room with Dina, Jermz, Trev, and Li behind me.

"So, anyone need a ride? Mark is done with practice, and he's supposed to be out in a few." I said looking at them.

"Well, I'm going with you since Mark promised my sis he was going to take me home." Dina said smiling.

"Oh, so I'm gonna ride with you? Bummer." I said faking sadness. That got me a punch on my arm.

"Shut up! YOU LOVE ME!" She said. Jermz cringed at that, and I smiled evily.

"You love me, too. Let's make out!!" I said as Jermz tensed up.

I looked at him and mouthed "She's all yours." He relaxed and winked.

The ride home was silent. Mark was really tired, and Dina was almost sleeping on my shoulder in the back seat. We dropped her off and made our way to our house, and I chatted with Mark for a while before he went to his room and crashed.

I went upstairs, laid on my bed, and my phone rang. An unknown number appeared on the screen, and I opened the phone.

"Hello?" I asked with caution.

"Hey, little baby!!" Jeff said in the other end.

"Hey, Jeff!" I said smiling from ear to ear.

"Well, just thinking 'bout you. Whatcha doin'?" He asked with his deep voice.

"Well, just about to sleep. I'm kinda tired." I said yawning.

"Me too. Football practice wasn't easy at all." He said yawning too.

"Mark said the same. He came home beat." I said.

"Yeah, me too. So, I wanted to ask you something." Jeff said.

"Well, what is it?" I asked interested.

"Would you like to go out with me tommorrow? I want to talk to you." He asked hopeful.

"Ok. I'd love too!" I practically screamed, and he chuckled.

"Ok. It's a date. Bye." He said as he hung up.

A date??? I kept repeating his words in my head. It's a date!! I ran downstairs and drank some water to calm my anxiety.

I walked out to the garden and breathed a little easier. I looked at the sprout in the ground, watered it, and started telling my mom about my first day. It relaxed me, even though she couldnt talk back, but I knew she listened. Mothers always listen, and mothers always know. That's why I'll never forget mine. I'll never forget how I took her for granted.

Hope you liked my story so far.

©Copyright 2011 Andy Lake; All Rights Reserved
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..