Jump to content
    Avangelion
  • Author
  • 6,107 Words
  • 415 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Plot Collection - 4. When fate plays tricks

What is a guy to do, when his dad offers an arrange marriage for his sister, who loudly refuses to go and meet the guy? -- Of cause he dresses up as a girl and go in his sisters place, what else?

I just needed to get this story out of my head, and therefore it has not been edited by a second. I appologize for any grammar/plot errors which might lead to confusion.

“Arranged marriage?” Arienna wailed. Dad had come home from work today, quite delighted. A business partner, one of the big shots, had offered a meeting regarding marriage, for his daughter, A.K.A. my twin-sister Arienna. They were now in the living room discussing the matter, while I was seated in the kitchen with my sketchpad.

The other party would be said business partner’s nephew. Apparently, he was to inherit his dad’s company, but his dad wouldn’t let him take over, unless he was married. And obviously, a business marriage would be beneficial for future business.

“At least meet the man, Arienna. Maybe you wouldn’t find that sort of lifestyle horrible.”

“Seriously, Dad. We live in the 20’th century, and I have a boyfriend. Why on earth would I want an arranged marriage?” I had to agree with Arienna. This was so wrong in so many ways. So was eavesdropping, but that didn’t keep me from doing it anyway.

“Please, Arienna. Just meet the guy and then you can decide if you wish to agree.” Dad was pulling straws, it was a great opportunity for all parts, if you had to look at it from a business-like point of view.

“No. I won’t go. Have Nixon go. He can make the judgement for me. Sure he should be able to pass for a girl.”

What?

“What is the logic in that?” Dad sounded just as confused as I was.

“Well, I don’t feel like going, and with Nixon being gay, he should be able to see any good traits as well as me. If you want this deal so much, you’ll work around it.” Her statement was followed by the sound of her retreating footsteps.

The next moment Dad came into the kitchen and took the seat opposite from me.

“You do know it’s categorized as fraud, right?” I said without looking up from my drawing.

Dad sighted. “No one will have to know. We’ll attent the meeting, you’ll decide that Arienna is not interested and she can properly decline the offer.” I looked up.

“So, form the beginning you had no plan for her to go through it?” I asked.

“No. it’s not like that. I couldn’t decline on the spot, and I genuinely thought it would be a fairly good opportunity for her. But I guess not.”

“Right – Fine,” I said. “But you owe me big time after this.”

***

“You could at least try and smile Nixon. Help me save my contract with these people if nothing else.” Dad nudged me with his elbow, in a discreet attempt to get me to comply.

“I will, when I have to,” I answered sullenly, what guy could smile being forced to dress up like a girl. Just then the door opened and an old guy entered. Dad stood up to greet him. I remained seated, never having been one to honor tradition, and just smiled, as promised.

They remained standing for a while, engrossed in conversation. When they eventually sat, the room went silent. I did my best to preserve the feminine aura, keeping my hand folded in my lap and my back straight. As the time went by I began to find the pattern of the wood on the table top rather interesting.

The old man looked at his watch. “I wonder where that boy is. Normally he’s never late.” He had barely finished before the doors went up again. Out of curiosity I looked up, just to find that I couldn’t look away.

He was tall and buff, with slender hips, just the kind of body I loved. The dark grey suit he wore, fit him as if molded on. His stride long and confident. In four steps he was at the table and took his seat in front of me.

His eyes were downcast so I took the moment to look over his features. Yup, this guy was definitely masculine, and obviously, he knew it. The guy raised his gaze and met mine. Just a second before his appreance turned all business-like, I was mesmerized by the grey depths of his eyes.

“So, let’s get this thing going.” He then turned to my dad, “I have a meeting in an hour.” If I wasn’t already seated I would’ve fallen on my ass in astonishment. What kind of prick was this?

“First of all I would like to say thank you, for agreeing to this. For giving us the opportunity as a candidate for potentional marriage.” Dad began.

“I didn’t agree, I had no choice.” This guy was unbelievable. Was he going to sound so arrogant every time he opened his mouth?

“… Well, either way, this is my daughter Arienna.” I took this as my que to get a word or two in.

“You’re joking right. This asshole?” I asked turning to my dad, loud enough for all to hear, while pointing my thumb at so called asshole.

“Ni… Arienna!” Dad almost messed up. But seriously, how had he even considered marrying Arienna to this guy? Okay, Dad had said he’d hope for it to be an opportunity rather than an obligation. And she was definitely going to decline.

“Forgive my nephew. He wasn’t exactly thrilled to discover the circumstances which induced this meeting. Normally Donahan is quite the gentleman.” I stared at the old guy. A gentleman? I had a hard time imagining it. I turned to look at Donahan, just to find him staring at me, he almost seemed captivated. Then he looked at Dad again, his business attiture back.

“So, we’ll arrange a move into my condo over the summer, and from there we’ll see how things turn out. If there is no attraction, then we’ll just end it there, otherwise we can discuss protentional marriage afterwards.” What? Move? Me? To where?

Donahan stood as if there was nothing more to say.

“I’ll be expecting you in a week.” He offered a light bow and then left without another word. I was frozen in my seat. Comepleately stupefied.

“Well, that went well I think. We’ll discuss the details later, Thomas.” And then the old man stood and left as well.

I wasn’t doing this, definitely not. I got up and barged out of the room. Dad followed shortly.

“Nixon,” he started.

“No - No. No. No! I am not moving into some stranger’s apartment during my summer vacation. Not even to save your contract. He’s a complete asshole! How can you even consider having me stay at his place? What do you think will happen if he finds out he’s being deceived?” Dad opened his mouth but closed it again. “That’s what I thought. You’re unbelievable.” I stomped out of the building towards the car. Cursing everyone internally I grumbled to myself – I knew I was going to do this. After all, I didn’t wish for my dad to fail at his job, and Arienna was going to decline the offer to marry anyway.

“Shit!” I exclaimed and kicked the wheel of the car, causing people to stare at me. Surely that wasn’t a very girly thing to do.

***

And so, a week later I found myself standing in front this huge, expensive apartment complex.

Arienna had supervised me in girly stuff, as well as provided me with everything I could possibly need, on Dad’s expense of cause. To her luck, it turned out we used the same size in girl’s clothes, so when the summer was over she’d take over everything, and so she didn’t hold back.

She’d tried to get me into a pair of heels, but I had to draw a line. One thing was to be wearing skirts and whatnot, but no way in hell was I going to make a total fool out of myself by trying to walk in heels.

Despite all the problems trying to find clothes that would look girly, and at the same time, conceal that I was, in fact, a man, Arienna had found a good-sized wardrobe for me to have an outfit for every occasion.

I was already late and now I had to spent close to ten minutes trying to locate the right door-phone button, out of the many other on the panel. I’d been told the condo was on the top floor, but there were 10 buttons belonging to the top floor, and neither had a full name. Dad had forgotten to mention Donahan’s last name, so I only had the D in Donahan to guide me. I decided to push button number three.

“Hello?” A deep voice responded to the call. The annoyance in the answer was clear, despite the sound being mechanicalized through the speaker.

“I have an appointment at Mr. Donahan’s. Did I push the right button?” I was answered with silence before a beep sounded and the door opened automatically. I quickly noted the number to the apartment, assuming I’d hit the right button, before hurrying to the elevator.

It took a minute before I reached my designated floor. I pulled the strap of my backpack back over my shoulder and grabbed the handle of my suitcase, just in time for the doors to open and I walked out onto the floor.

I began looking for number 10 and found it down the next hall, all the way at the end. To my surprise there were no other doors nearby. ‘How big is this apartment?’ I wondered before I pushed the bell.

The door opened and on the other side stood a very sour looking Donahan.

“You’re late.” With those words, he turned and left me to let myself in. “Your room is the first, on the left. I assume you can handle getting comfortable on your own.”

God!’ This guy was an even bigger ass than I remembered. I had to make sure Arienna never married this bastard, no matter how much money he could provide. Never in my life was I going to be in-laws with this prick.

“Sure.” I agreed very slowly, giving him a good from-head-to-toe look. Hopefully he’d get the sarcasm.

“Good. I will have to leave for work. Thanks to someone, I’m already late.” As if though it was the most natural thing ever, he gathered his cellphone and wallet, put his jacket on and then left without another word.

I remained standing in the same spot, stupefied by his arrogance and dismissal of me. Then I dragged my suitcase to the appointed bedroom and opened the door. The sight on the other side left me rather surprised. Compared to the rest of what I’d seen of the apartment, this room had a feminine touch to it that I hadn’t expected. It practically looked like it had been arranged according to my arrival, and now that I thought about it, the room had a weak smell of fresh paint. Even the bedlinen seemed as new.

I pushed the thought aside. ‘Why would he make such a big issue out of me coming here anyway?’ The thought itself was rather illogic. Without further notice of the details regarding the room, I threw my suitcase onto the bed and started unpacking.

There was a makeup table set up in the corner next to the bed, soon it was the new home of all my purchased beautician products, and the closet at the other end of the room, filled with my new wardrobe of girly attires. I opened the drawers and skeptically studied the girl’s underwear for a moment.

“I can’t believe she insisted that I even wear women’s undies.” But now that I thought about the reasoning for her advice, she might be onto something. Being a guy myself, I could see why the situation of a man and a girl living alone together might lead to the guy trying to sneak a peek, or even the chance of coincidence with me wearing a skirt. Sure it would look weird for anyone to got a glimpse of guy’s underwear under a skirt. Then I placed it all in the drawer without further thought.

By the time I was done unpacking I checked the time. It was getting late, and my stomach began to rumble. ‘I should go and cook something.’ I made my way to the kitchen. Donahan hadn’t come home yet, so I made myself comfortable enough in the kitchen that I could cook food, without feeling like I was invading any privacy.

When Donahan entered the condo, I had rock music blasting from my little transportable speaker and I was dancing through the kitchen while cooking. I didn’t notice him at first. He’d stopped in the doorway and was silently watching me. I turned around and froze when I saw him standing there. The next second I slammed my had down on the speaker to my right. The kitchen went dead silent.

“Welcome back… I made dinner.” I had no idea what else to say. I had taken the freedom to roam through his house without permission.

Donahan raised a brow. “So I see.” With no further comment, he walked past me to get a closer look of the food still cooking on the stove. He sniffed at the pot before continuing towards his room without a word.

Wow. You couldn’t even share gratitude? So not impressed.’ With a scowl in Donahan’s direction I took it upon myself to set the table.

We sat across from each other in silence while eating. Halfway through my serving I’d had enough.

“What do you expect of me while I am here, Dona?” I asked, I didn’t even try to be polite with him. If he ended up throwing me out for not trying, so be it. I’d come up with the nickname earlier and I rather liked it, so I decided to stick with it.

“Donahan will be sufficient. I do not expect anything of you. You are here for us to get to know one another, and see if there is any chemistry.” He didn’t even look at me while talking.

“Well, I like Dona just fine, don’t worry. And I find it rather hard to get to know anything about someone who doesn’t speak.” I couldn’t quite keep the annoyed edge from my tone. At least it got Donahan to look at me. He gave me an annoyed glare, before his expression turn indifferent.

“I’m sorry.” He put down his fork and leaned back. “I’m not very good with small talk. I don’t socialize much outside of work.” At least he was honest.

“Do you work a lot?” I had him talking, might at least try and keep him going.

“I suppose.” And the silence was back. I mentally rolled my eyes.

“Are you planning on taking time off, for us to spend time some to get to know each other?” Something in his expression told me he hadn’t even considered the thought. “What? Did you expect I would just submit to being left in this apartment alone for the whole summer? I do have a rather healthy social life back home, thank you very much, and I do not wish to waste my vacation. So, if you have no intention of being serious about this situation and find the time to spend with me, I will pack my things and leave without further thought.” I challenged him with my gaze. For a while he just sat there watching me.

“I will have something arranged then.” With those final words he stood, carried his plate into the kitchen and then disappeared into another room.

“Great. And who will do the dishes?” I asked no one. “Who does he think I am? His housekeeper?”

***

I spend the first two days alone, although both mornings I found a note on the kitchen table, informing me that he had a little something arrange for me to pass the day.

On the first day, I was told to go to this store, which sold dresses. Apparently, he had informed the shop assistant which kind of dress he wished for me to purchase, cause when I arrived she had already arranged for a whole line of dresses for me to try. After two hours of putting dresses on and taking them off again, I finally settled on a dark green one with golden shine to the skirt. The top was closed at the front with broad straps to I could conceal the fact that I didn’t have any breasts under the bra, and the knee-long tulle-skirt puffy enough that you wouldn’t be able to see any of my excessive filling.

On the second day, I was send to get a manicure and have my hair done. I was wearing extensions so it shouldn’t be major problem for the stylist. At least I wasn’t wearing a wig, as I had first suggested Arienna. She hadn’t wanted to hear of it.

By the evening of the second day Donahan announced that we would be spending the following day together. I had seen something coming, but I was surprised to hear we would be spending the whole day.

***

When I was finally done with the tiring morning routine of turning myself into a girl, I went to the kitchen, to get a much needed caffeine-shot, just to find the table set and coffee already set. Before I got over my surprise, Donahan walked into the kitchen from the other side, coffee in hand.

“Good morning, I hope you’re hungry. I didn’t know what you might like, so I asked to baker to variate the selection.” He gestured towards the table.

“Wow, I’m impressed. Good thing I have a healthy appetite.” Yeah, what guy at my age didn’t have a healthy appetite. I took my set and poured coffee into the mug and took a sip. For a few moments, I relished in the richness of my new-found favorite flavor.

“I swear to God, I don’t know what I’ll do when I have to live without this coffee brand.” I’d asked Donahan where he’d bought the beans, so I knew he had it specially imported with some of his other offshore purchases and paid too high a price for me and my family to buy. I wasn’t surprised when Donahan didn’t answer. That guy seemed to like silence a lot.

Every evening since I’d arrived, I had been the one to insinuate any kind of verbal exchange between us, well, until this morning.

“I have planned for a trip to the beach. Then, an afternoon performance at a small theater. And this evening I have a reservation at a restaurant I know quite well.” As always, he didn’t look at me while he spoke. I was starting to wonder if he was actually shy or something, and then again. But I had stopped listening after he’d mentioned the beach. How on earth was I going to explain my way out of that one.

“Um… I don’t really feel like going to the beach.” I said into my coffee cup.

“You don’t like the beach? I thought girls loved going to the beach.” I could feel his questioning gaze on me.

“Well, I do like the beach, but I get so easily sunburned.” I hoped that would be reason enough for him to accept that I didn’t wanted to go.

“Okay, where do you wish to go instead?” Wow, that went way too smoothly. Donahan didn’t really strike me as a person who just gave in without a struggle.

“Uhm… How about the aquarium? I haven’t been there for ages.” And then it was settled. We went to the aquarium, then the theatre and at four we were back at the apartment.

“Our reservation is at half past five, so please be ready within the hour. I hate being late.” With this he left me to fend for myself.

I went into my room and pulled the dress from my wardrobe. I found it such a shame that he had spent so much money on me for no real reason. I was never going to wear this beautiful dress again, it was such a waste. I placed the shoes, which had come with the dress, on the bed next to the dress. Yes, they were heels. I glowered at them, but I agreed with the shop-assistant, who had picked them for me, that such a dress would not fit well with flats. I got in front of the mirror and began to fit my makeup.

 

One minute to five I opened my door and walked out into the hallway where I found Donahan already waiting for me. He was standing next to the front door, leaning against the wall. Dressed in a black suit, with his hands casually tucked into the pocket of his trousers, he practically took my breath away. Asshole or not, that man was hot. I licked my lips and pulled the door closed. The sound of it shutting had Donahan looking up. I felt very self-conscious under his heated gaze. I wiggled a little and the bodysuit I wore under the dress, to make my form more feminine, set itself in place. I hadn’t had time to do it properly before I put on the dress and it had been sitting a little high.

I don’t know why, but I felt disappointed when Donahan just straightened and opened the door, gesturing for me to go first. What had I expected? A compliment from the emotional incompetent asshole? Yeah, right.

 

The restaurant was nice. The atmosphere was soft and pleasant, it even had an area in one corner with music and a dancing area. Donahan was the perfect gentleman. He held the doors, he pulled out my chair, ordered the finest wine, which I had to admit I didn’t like, all of it fitting into the description of a perfect date.

We had great food, I think Donahan had a blast studying me “uhm” and “mmh”, and “oh” over everything new I put in my mouth. But when he asked me to dance I was really surprised.

“Uhm, I can’t dance.” I cast a panicked glance towards the small dancefloor.

“Sure, you can. I’ll guide you.” He stood and held out his hand.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” I took his hand and let him lead me towards the music.

I think he ended up regretting his decision though. I stepped on his feet so many times that his shiny shoes weren’t shiny anymore, and I had to apologize every other second.

“I did warn you that I couldn’t dance.” I looked up at him as he led me back to the table.

“I don’t understand your self-criticism. You don’t hear me complain, do you?” That statement surprised me so much that I had no idea how to respond, and it left me with this strange fluttery feeling in my stomach.

***

I found myself slowly getting pulled toward Donahan by his strange charm. It seemed he was trying to court me behind that annoying arrogance of his. He never completely shook free of it, but after the first date, I started to notice little gestures and compliments, which indicated he might be trying.

Two days before I had to go back home, I decided to take a stroll into town, to do some thinking and sort out my feelings. I was torn between my attraction towards Donahan and my annoyance of his arrogance. All the while trying to ignore the little voice telling me not to let him go.

First of all, he wasn’t someone I could picture my sister with, so I didn’t wish to encourage her to agree to marry him. Secondly, he wasn’t someone I should be looking at. He wasn’t even gay to begin with, so how was there any chance he would ever look at me, for me? It was all so frustrating that I didn’t know how to deal with it.

“Hello little lady. You look lonely.” I looked up at the sound of the unknown voice. I found myself in an isolated and vacated area. Three guys were cornering me, clearly up to no good. My heart started beating faster as I realized what kind of situation I was in.

“Leave me alone.” I tried to get past the first guy and make a run for it.

“No, I don’t think so.” He grabbed my wrist and slammed me up against the wall. “Why don’t you have some fun with us?” I felt his hot breath in my ear, before his tongue ran up the edge.

“No!” My voice was pitched with fear and I began to struggle harder, trying my best to get room to aim my knee at his crotch, but it was no use. He smelled of alcohol and of something undefinable sour.

Before I could fend him off he slid a hand up between my legs. I cried out in despair but the next second he pushed back, a disgusted look on his face.

“It’s a fucking dude!” he exclaimed, and an angered expression took over his features. “You think you can trick me just like that, fagot?” The look he gave be scared me shitless. I had no idea what I should do to protect myself. Even if it wasn’t the first time I’d been gay bashed, this was different. They were all older and definitely drunk, there was no telling what they might do.

The guy grabbed hold of me again. “Let me show you what we do to pretty little trannies in this part of town.” He then raised his fist. I shut my eyes but the impact never came. I dared a peek when nothing happened and a big hand was wrapped around the guy’s wrist, keeping him from hitting me.

“Let go!” The deep growl sounded familiar, manking me look up.

Donahan!’ Never since I met him had I been so happy to see his arrogant face.

“Shit, asshole. What is it to you? You’re on with this little trannie?” The guy struggled against Donahan’s grip but obviously, he didn’t have a chance. Donahan was more than twice as big as this douchebag. At the same time as I was relieved that Donahan was there, I also felt embarrassed. Now he knew I was a guy and I feared for his reaction.

“Our relation is none of your business.” Donahan ripped the guy away from me and got in between.

“You looking for a fight big guy?” My assailent was getting pumped, although Donahan was blocking my vision, I could hear it in his voice.

“There will be no fight today.”

I heard a line of grunting sounds indicating someone feeling pain, then someone called, “Come on, let’s get the fuck out of here. You freaking psychos!” followed by running footsteps.

Donahan turned around and faced me.

“Are you all right?” Both his gaze and his tone was so tender. Tears welled up in my eyes and I smashed myself against his chest, grabbing onto him tightly and cried. I’d been so scared.

“Charles, will you get the car, please?” A moment later a car approach. Donahan gently guided me in that direction and helped me get in the backseat. He followed right behind me, hugged me to his side and asked the driver to take us home.

 

The both of us were silent all the way home and up the elevator.

“Are you sure you’re all right?” Donahan asked. Rather than talking about that, I need to know what he was thinking.

“Are you not going to comment on it at all?” I asked, certain he knew I was talking about me keeping my gender a secret.

Donahan stopped a step ahead, then turned around. “There is nothing to talk about,” he said his face giving nothing away.

“Of cause there is. I’m sure you…” suddenly Donahan grabbed me by the waist and pulled me close, pressing his lips against mine. I couldn’t believe it, he was fucking kissing me. For those two seconds, I wavered between floating on a pink cloud and being seriously pissed.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” he repeated and then he walked into the kitchen.

I didn’t feel like having to deal with any of this at the moment, so I locked myself in my bedroom. In there I didn’t have to pretend. I hugged my pillow to my chest and let it all out. Being frustrated, insecure and confused was not fun. I just wanted to go back home and move on with my normal life.

I noticed Donahan came knocking on my door at some point, announcing dinner was ready. But being exhausted as I was, I didn’t want to face him more that day, so I refrained from answering. The last thing I remembered was his retreating footsteps.

***

I woke silly early the next morning. Disoriented I sat up in my bed, trying to remember where I was. As my brain woke all the way up I remembered everything. Although rather than being depressed about yesterday’s events, I aimed my energy at finding out Donahan’s thoughts of me being a man.

I got out of bed and began removing my extensions and then clean off the smears of makeup caused by my sleep.

I stood in front of the door, trying to find the courage to open it. I could hear Donahan roam around in the kitchen.

I took a deep breath to steal myself against whatever was to come and then stepped out into the hallway.

Just as I stepped from my room, Donahan walked past me, his eyes fixed on mine.

“Good morning,” he smiled and walked right past. There was no reaction what so ever, no wait – He’d smiled, whatever that might mean. For a moment, I remained frozen where I stood.

I looked absolutely nothing like I had yesterday. Rather than long hair and makeup, I was now shorthaired and wearing my piercings. I was pretty damn sure there was no question, what so ever, that I wasn’t a guy.

“I’ll be back in time to take you home as planned.” With that he was out the door, or almost. “Oh, by the way; you look good.” He looked me straight in the eyes, letting me know he hadn’t missed my trying to make a point.

After all my hard work, during the summer, trying to get him to compliment me on my outfit, he chose now to do it? ‘What the fuck?

Had that arrogant asshole known this whole time? Had he been well aware that I was not a girl? That I was not my sister? ‘Argh!’ Then so be it. ‘Screw him.’

I went to my room and started to pack my stuff. No way was I going to wait for him to take me home. Just as I dragged my suitcase out into the hallway the door-phone buzzed.

“Delivery.” Without answering I let in the delivery guy and waited for him to come up. I was really surprised to see the huge bouquet of dark red roses he was carrying.

“If you will just sign here.” The guy said before he handed me the flowers.

“Thank you.” I closed the door and carried the heavy bundle to the kitchen. They were already in a vase so I just placed it on the table. A small card was placed among the flowers. ~For Mr. Cavanagh~ the card said. Great. He also had admires. Hell, if I was willingly going to participate in this. I took the flowers off the table and dumped them in the bin with a satisfied huff. I then I scribbled a note, grabbed my baggage and made sure the latch was on before I pulled the door shut behind me.

***

A fierce hammering sounded on the front door. I had a feeling who it might be. After all, I had just pack my stuff and gotten the hell out of there, leaving only a note behind saying ‘Fuck you, I’m outta here’.

Arienna was on the couch with her boyfriend and made no move to get up either. In the end, Dad emerged from his office to open the door, sending a disapproving gaze our way.

“Yes? Oh Mr. Donahan, please come in. What can I do for you?” God, sometimes I hated when I was right.

“I’m here to get my fiancé.” Donna’s voice bellowed from the hallway and his fiery steps quickly reached the sitting room. I didn’t get up from my seat, didn’t even acknowledge his presence.

“I won’t let you take her.” I saw Gary get out of his chair from the corner of my eye.

“I have no desire for your used goods.” Ouch. Even without looking I could imagine Gary shrink under the cold stare of Donahan’s intense gaze.

The footsteps moved again. The next second I was hauled to my feet and dragged sideways towards the entrance of the house, by my hand.

“WHAT THE FUCK - LET GO OF ME!” We were beside his car before he finally let go, and rather brutally at that.

“WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?” I roared at him as soon as I was were free to face him. It seemed that my not so soft spoken voice and not so feminine way of handling this situation took him aback.

“That’s what I would like to ask.” He didn’t yell at me; however, he didn’t look pleased. “I thought I said I’d take you home when I got off work.”

“Like that was ever going to happen. I’m quite able to get around on my own.” I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Why did you throw out the flowers?”

“Why would I not?” I still had the sour taste of jealousy at the back of my mouth.

“Have I done something to offend you? I wasn’t aware that you didn’t like compliments or flowers, but it sure would have made things a lot easier if I had.”

“What are you talking about? I love flowers and compliments.”

“Then why would you throw out the flowers and leave?” That made me stop and think for a second.

“Hold on… Why would I be thrilled to get a compliment only after you see me dressed as a guy, rather than being pissed you didn’t tell me you actually knew I was a guy. And why the hell would I be thrilled to get a bouquet of flowers addressed to you, clearly send by some admire?”

“I didn’t know you were a guy before yesterday, and the flowers were for you.” I pinched the ridge of my nose. This conversation was getting more and more confusing.

“So, you’re telling me you’re gay? — The card on the roses had your name on it, how was it for me?” Donahan didn’t answer right away and that gave me time to come up with the answer myself. “Oh! — Stop right there, Dona! You’re moving way too fast. You don’t even know me!” I gave him a horrified look. Insinuating me having his last name was - I don’t know - crazy.

“What do you mean? I’ve spend the whole summer with you.” Who would’ve imagined this guy was actually pretty dense?

“Listen, I was pretending to be a girl the whole summer, in order to judge you in place of my sister, who was the one supposed to be at the meeting. I was pretending to be her. I guess you know just as much about the real me, as I do about you underneath all that arrogance,” I said and gestured towards him.

“I don’t remember having been arrogant towards you,” he said, frowning.

“Don’t tell me that was nerves.” The guy actually blushed. I couldn’t stop the bubble of laughter from escaping, it just kept building until tears was rolling down my cheeks and my stomach was hurting.

“Did I say something funny?” Donahan asked when I was finally done. I took a deep loud breath and let it out in a noisy sigh.

“Listen Dona, we have clearly misjudged one another, royally. So how about we start this over.” I put on my flirty face and walked closer. “Clearly you are not a bad catch.” I grabbed his tie. “I’m Nixon. You can court me to your hearts content.” With that I seized his mouth and kissed him breathless. Then I let him go and started to walk away. I turned halfway to my front door.

“You wanna stay for dinner?”

Please leave a review before you go smile.png
Copyright © 2017 Avangelion; All Rights Reserved.
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..