Jump to content
    BDANR
  • Author
  • 918 Words
  • 936 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

There is No Forever - 10. Chapter 9 Part 2

It felt as though time stopped and the music had muted. Devan and Stefan returned back in their positions. Devan’s eyebrows were furrowed, lips were tight. He stared at Jesse hard. Stefan's mouth fell open. His premonition was correct, and he wished that it wasn’t. He shook his head as if he was still in a daydream.

“Jesse,” Stefan said his name, though it was hardly audible.

Jesse laughed. “Shocking right?” Jesse turned around to find Filiberto walking over with the two drinks. “Watch this.” Stefan’s eyes widened in fear of Jesse’s next steps were. He still hadn’t had time to take in the full weight of what Jesse had said. Devan was frozen at his spot.

“Sorry for the wait,” Filiberto said, “the line is crazy over there, but I got-” Jesse kissed Filiberto by surprise. Stefan couldn't contain his shock. Devan's face remained stiff.

Filiberto pulled away, using his arm to wipe his lips as if that would reverse what just occurred. Patrons from nearby noticed the scene.

He said, “Jesse, what are you doing?”

“It’s okay. I told them! We don’t have to hide it anymore!” Jesse’s eyes were wide, with the biggest grin on his face. It all seemed like it was an innocent act, a playful peck between friends though Filiberto’s face showed otherwise. Filiberto’s lips trembled, his eyes darting between Jesse to Stefan and Devan, who hadn’t moved.

“Jesse...do you realize what you’ve just done? You weren’t supposed to -” Filiberto’s temper rose and he caught himself needing to hold back. He closed his eyes for a second before looking to Jesse. “I gotta go.”

Filiberto turned to leave and Jesse, dumbfounded, took a few steps in his direction. “Filiberto?” Jesse called for him. Jesse looked back at Devan and Stefan, then took off running. He caught up to Filiberto and grabbed him by the arm. Jesse’s pull caused the drinks in Filiberto’s hands to spill over on his fingers and the floor. “What are you doing? Why are you running away from me?”

“Dude, you just told your friends that you’re cheating on your boyfriend with me! You made me look like a fucking asshole-”

“We haven’t even heard what they have to say! If you just wait a minute-”

“I saw their faces Jesse! Why did you even tell them? Why didn’t you ask me about it first? Fuck!” Filiberto looked up to the ceiling. He was visibly shaking.

“Hey, don’t worry about what they think, okay? All that matters is you and me! Come on, no need for you to get all crazy.”

Filiberto gave a sharp look to Jesse. “You don’t get it. Let me go, I want to go home.” Jesse looked at Filiberto for a long time. He loosened his grip. Filiberto walked away slowly. He glanced back at Jesse, shook his head, and was out of sight.

“Jesse,” Devan said sternly. Jesse turned around to find Stefan and Devan behind him.

“How could you,” Stefan said, “How could you do this to Nikolai?”

Jesse’s anxiety rose. “Oh whatever,” he scoffed, “I don’t need no lecture from either of you-”

“What the hell did Nikolai do to make you do this?” Devan asked confrontationally.

“Not a damn thing.” Jesse put his hand to his hip. “I admit it! Nothing he’s done made me do this. I’ve done this purely for my own self-gratification. What else you got for me?” Stefan was perplexed. He couldn’t understand Jesse’s indifference. He appeared absolved from any wrongdoing and lacked any remorse.

“Jesse,” Stefan began again, “does it not bother you that you’re hurting someone who loves you? Nikolai doesn’t deserve this.”

“You can shut the hell up with all that-”

“Watch it, Jesse,” Devan said. “Don’t talk to Stefan like that.”

Jesse waved his hands around in frustration. “Fuck you! Fuck you, Devan! I’m tired of you trying to tell me what do. You both need to mind your business, cuz this doesn’t concern you.”

“You’re right,” Stefan said, “ it doesn’t, and I won’t play a part in it.”

Jesse folded his arms. “No one’s asking you to, boo.” Stefan took the hint. He walked slowly to Jesse’s direction, towards the exit.

He turned back. “I’ll talk to you later, Devan,” he said, passing Jesse without a word.

Devan and Jesse looked at each other while the music still played in the background. Devan’s face was less tense. His initial anger had subsided, and that feeling of pity for Jesse returned. Jesse’s arms were still crossed, not appearing fazed.

“You don’t want to do this, Jesse,” Devan said.

“And what is that,” Jesse asked defiantly.

“You don’t want to lose the people you love this way. I’ll talk to Stefan, but you really need to think about what you’re doing. Life’s too short. Not only are you risking losing your friends, but you’re about to jeopardize your relationship with someone who really cares about you. Is that what you want?” In Jesse’s mind, he could’ve lost them all without a second thought. He blamed Stefan and Devan for ruining his fling with Filiberto and took no responsibility for what transpired that night.

Jesse’s hands fell to his sides. “Honey, I don’t think I really care right now. You can leave too, I need another drink.” Devan shook his head and closed his eyes. He made a smirk, though this situation was nothing to smile about. He walked slowly towards Jesse’s way, then left out the door.

Thanks for reading!
Copyright © 2017 BDANR; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

13 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Little Ms. Jesse needs to hit rock bottom, lose it all. A true life lesson!

Yes! He's out of control! No one can get away with being this way for very long, so he just might get his just desserts :P.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Wow...just...wow! Has Jesse lost his damn mind? lol Let me bring out my crystal ball. Yes, dear readers...Madam RJ can see smoke...and...she also sees...flames. Yes, my crystal ball predicts Jesse is going to crash and burn. :P

 

Maybe it would do Jesse good to lose it all and hit rock bottom. Humble pie may be hard to swallow, but it can make a person realize their mistakes. 

 

 

Link to comment
On 9/10/2017 at 11:54 PM, R J Drew said:

Wow...just...wow! Has Jesse lost his damn mind? lol Let me bring out my crystal ball. Yes, dear readers...Madam RJ can see smoke...and...she also sees...flames. Yes, my crystal ball predicts Jesse is going to crash and burn. :P

 

Maybe it would do Jesse good to lose it all and hit rock bottom. Humble pie may be hard to swallow, but it can make a person realize their mistakes. 

 

 

Yes, Jesse might need to be taken down a notch!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..