Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 446 Words
  • 937 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Shorts, and Flash Fictions - 12. Origin of Spirit

The birth of a muse!

He sat at the side of the clearing looking across the empty field, in the heart of the forest. Oaks, Pines, Aspens, and a variety of other trees ringing the grassy field, that was dusted with a scattering of wildflowers. Even though he was just born, he was already a fully mature adult, with knowledge of the world and beyond, powers to accomplish his goals, and zeal to help artists. He stood up to his full 6’6” height and flexed his athletically toned body. It was his first time moving, and a smile lit up his face. He looked at his newly formed hands and ran them through his shoulder length jet black hair. He laughed at feeling the sensation for the first time.

“There you are,” the voice said from his side, as another figure appeared in the clearing.

“Yes, I am here,” he said to this lady and smiled as they embraced in a friendly hug.

“What do I call you? I’m Abigail.” She asked, and led him towards the center of the clearing.

“Call me… Spirit. Yes, Spirit… That name feels right,” he said, following her.

The pair came to a small wellspring in the very center of the clearing, in a slight depression. You could not tell it was there, unless, you looked from up above. She motioned for him to sit, and they both did next to the well.

“Look into the Well of Worlds, and tell me what you see,” Abigail said, as she waved her hand above the water.

Spirit leaned in and looked deeply into the crystal clear depths of the water. Images appear of various different worlds, houses, businesses, and all manner of beings. Several stood out to Spirit, and he knew instinctively that these were the artists he was tasked to work with. Less than twenty, but all of them were special in their own way. Each was diverse in their artistic ways; with one a writer, a painter, and so on, each with a unique take on their gifts.

“I see my charges, the ones I will be a muse too. I see they are all special, and that they all need inspiration. I also see they are neither in the same time era nor on the same planet.”

“That is correct. You have a fine stock of charges to look after, and I look forward to seeing your work with them.”

Spirit smiled to her and stood up. He stepped out onto the surface of the water, not a ripple occurred from his steps. With a slight bow, he descended into the water and disappeared into time and space.

 

The End

Copyright © 2017 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 hours ago, mogwhy said:

nice A.! but should that be "it Begins..." not "The End"?:whistle:

Thanks, Moggie. Technically maybe.... perhaps.... but, not planing on anymore with Spirit. Granted, wasn't planning this one, it just sorta spilled across the screen, so to speak.

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Just now, BHopper2 said:

Thanks, Moggie. Technically maybe.... perhaps.... but, not planing on anymore with Spirit. Granted, wasn't planning this one, it just sorta spelt across the screen, so to speak.

i'm sure that fine figure of a muse will make his appearance again. whether you follow, is your choice

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Nice job A. What other tasks can Spirit perform. Will he do anything his muse asks of him? 😉

Thanks for reading, jp. Spirit can do anything need to inspire his charges. Yes, to a point, he would do anything. However, seeing as I used elements of myself in the last story, I don't think I should write about him getting hot and heavy with the writer. Would make for an interesting, optic...

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, mogwhy said:

i'm sure that fine figure of a muse will make his appearance again. whether you follow, is your choice

That is true.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/1/2017 at 3:29 AM, BHopper2 said:

Thanks, Moggie. Technically maybe.... perhaps.... but, not planing on anymore with Spirit. Granted, wasn't planning this one, it just sorta spilled across the screen, so to speak.

 

Isn't that how muses work? All of a sudden you have to write, or paint, or compose etc?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

 

Isn't that how muses work? All of a sudden you have to write, or paint, or compose etc?

So true. He's been quiet for the past little while, with school and all.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..