Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 837 Words
  • 847 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Shorts, and Flash Fictions - 17. Prompt #632 – Creative – Snow Job

p style="text-align:justify;"> Scenario: You’ve rented a cabin up in the mountains to get away for a while. You barely settle in on your first night when a horrible storm hits, burying the area in over a foot of snow within a few hours. You are comfortably wrapped up in bed when you wake to a loud crash and as you look out the window you see the falling snow and flames a few hundred feet away coming from a car. You grab clothes and race for the door. What happens?

“Don’t you dare die on me,” Brady said as he pulled the man from the wreck of the burning car. “You are going to live, and I’m going to finish my vacation.”

It had only been a few hours prior that Brady had arrived at the Cabin. It was a very picturesque place, in the heart of the mountains, surrounded by an evergreen forest, and barely a soul nearby. Close enough to the city, where it had power, phone, and internet with Wi-Fi service, but far enough that he wouldn’t be bothered.

It had snowed, shortly after he arrived, a lot of snow and Brady was comfortably wrapped in a blanket with a fire going in the fireplace, and lounging in bed, when he heard it. A car ran off the road the traveled a couple hundred feet up the mountain and had tumbled down the incline before slamming into a tree.

Brady had instantly jumped up and run to the window to see what happened. When he saw the flames, he knew what he had to do. He ran towards the flames.

He laid the man down far from the flames and checked him over quickly. Not seeing anything major, he ran and grabbed the fire extinguisher, and ran back to the car. It took the whole charge, but he was able to get the flames out. Another quick look in the car showed no one else was in there.

Brady dropped the extinguisher and went back to the man. He knelt down next to the stranger and did a more thorough job in examining him. There were some obvious signs of trauma, and some superficial cuts that bled turning the snow a pinkish and crimson hue. He felt along the man’s arms and legs searching for any broken bones. Not feeling any, he lifts the stranger up once more and takes him inside the cabin.

~~~

Brady took the man inside and laid him in front of the fireplace. “Alright, let me get these clothes off of you.” He grabbed his phone and dialed 911 putting it on speaker.

He first started with the stranger’s shoes and socks taking them off one at a time, while waiting for the Operator to answer.

“911 what is your emergency?”

“Hello, my name is Doctor Brady Fox. There’s been a car accident, at 458 Route J3 SW. A car tumbled down off the road and hit a tree near the cabin. One survivor, I found, not sure if there was anyone else in the car, but there wasn’t when I got there. I was able to get him out of the car, and back to the cabin. I’m treating him with First Aid, but I need Paramedics here STAT. Fire rescue as well, as the car was on fire. I put out what I could with a handheld extinguisher, but flare up.”

He undid the stranger’s pants, pulling them off of him, and started to unbutton the man’s flannel shirt.

“Can you tell me anything about the victim?”

“Adult male, in his early twenties, I think. He looks to be 5ft.9in. and I’m guessing about 210lbs. He’s muscular, not fat, but was a heavy load getting him in the cabin. Unconscious and I think he may have a concussion. I’ve not felt any broken bones, he was wearing his seatbelt, and the airbags did deploy.” Brady said as he spread opens the flannel shirt, and slid it off one arm at a time, being gentle. He took a pair of succors and cut the undershirt off.

Brady grimaced seeing several large bruises on the man’s torso. Even though he was administrating first aid on him, he couldn’t help but notice how good looking the man was.

“He might have some internal bleeding. I’m finding large bruises on his stomach, chest, and right side. Felling his ribs, I’m guessing they might be bruised or cracked. What’s the ETA on fire rescue?”

“They’ve been dispatched, and I’m noting your observations for them. They are twenty minutes out. The Paramedics ask if you’ll be accompanying them to Baptist General?”

“No. I think the doctors there, can handle this. I got him undress, and in front of the fire, to exam him. I did not spot any ID on him or a wallet in his pants.” Using the cabin’s first aid kit, and his own travel medical bag, he stitched up the most serious of cuts with bio-glue and cleaned the wounds the best he could. “There, all the cuts are stitched up and cleaned. Going to wrap him, and wait.”

Brady waited for the Paramedics, treating the Stranger for shock, by wrapping him in a blanket, and elevating his legs some. He kept his head as immobile as possible and made sure the man stayed warm until help came. They quickly took over, loading the man on the stretcher, and then into the back of the ambulance.

With one last look, Brady watched as they took the Stranger away.

Posted raw, and Unedited.
Copyright © 2017 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

19 minutes ago, Justleah said:

You'll have to do a follow up now, I need to know who the stranger is🤔🤔🤔

Thanks for reading! If I get the right prompt, I will def. finish this.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..