Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 920 Words
  • 1,019 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Shorts, and Flash Fictions - 5. Prompt #579 – First Line, "How can you be so sure?"

Warning: Strong language, high emotions. With a Nod at @Timothy M..Yeah, I broke the fourth wall and went Meta.

“How can you be so sure?” AJ’s Dad asked. “Have you tried not being gay?”

“Sure Dad, I’ll try not being gay, as soon as you try not to let your heart beat,” AJ snidely retorted. After the day he has had, dealing with the Police on Tommy’s detention, that listening to his Mom and Dad’s idiotic questions about being Gay, was starting to get too him.

“Look, son, I think what your Father meant was, have you tried dating a girl before?”

Tommy, who was there, was looking away innocently, sipping on a beer, he ill-advisedly was drinking, and he knew the coming answer.

“Yes, I have. In fact, the three occasions between when I was fifteen, and now, I have fucked three girls. But, just to let you know, I had to visualize fucking a dude, in order to get off. It was not a fun experience.” AJ stated this with a tone that suggested he has lost all patience and was about to leave.

“You should tell them, who you were thinking of…” Tommy muttered.

“Look, AJ… Son, we love you. Your mom and I are from an Older Generation, who didn’t have Gay, Bisexual, and Lesbian friends or even the knowledge of what you have it today. I don’t even want to discuss Transgender or any of that Identity Politics stuff. I don’t think I can take it all in,” his Dad responded, changing his tone to be more loving. “I’m just a cattle rancher. I can ride a horse, tend the fields, tend our herd, and everything else needed to run a successful ranch, but I don’t know shit about your orientation. This much I know, it’s not a choice, you’re born that way, but some Gay Men lead traditional family lives. Ever watched Brokeback Mountain? Sad movie… but that’s not the issue. We love you Son, unconditionally, and want you and Tommy to be happy.”

It was the two young one's time to be stunned now, and an awkward silence fell between the four of them. It was Tommy who broke the silence, “You watched Brokeback Mountain? All of it?”

“It was billed as a Western.” AJ’s Dad smiled while giving the answer.

“Boys, what we are asking for is time to adjust and your forgiveness. Never once did your Father and I have wanted you to feel you couldn’t come to us. To make you feel uncomfortable, or feel ashamed of yourselves.” AJ’s Mom chimed in and promptly fell into a crying fit. Her husband leaned in to comfort her. “Please forgive us, for making your lives a living hell.”

AJ and Tommy moved over to the other couch in the living room, and hugged AJ’s parents, whispering their forgiveness, and promises of giving them time. They sat there, a few minutes before, moving back to their seats, with Tommy getting everyone a beer, “I think this calls for a drink all around.”

They all sipped the Bud Light, Tommy’s favorite, in silence for a moment more. “So… the other part of this discussion let me see the ring, Tommy!” AJ’s Mom commanded. Tommy held out his hand to show her. The ring was three bands of metal, Gold, Titanium, and Platinum, with a 3kt princes' cut diamond. “Wow, that’s gorgeous. Where did you get it from, AJ?”

“It’s a local shop. We’re going there tomorrow; as Tommy read a story called ‘Clueless Camping’ on that website he goes to. There’s a Danish custom were both partners, regardless of sex, wears an engagement ring and those same rings are used as the full wedding rings. He wants to pick out a matching one for me.”

“That’s splendid and very romantic. Now, for your Big Gay Wedding—,” AJ snorted beer through his nose, as Tommy started laughing “—what’s so funny?” His Mom asked confused.

“You just said Big Gay Wedding, right after that first discussion. It just hit me funny is all,” AJ said as he blushed.

“Oh… well. I’m not gonna get another Wedding to plan, so yes, it’s gonna be big, and it's gonna be, well, Gay. So which one of you two boys get the Bridezilla role?” His mom continued unfazed.

“The one that Bottoms, I think. That is the right term, or is it catcher?” AJ’s Dad was looking at his Smartphone.

“What site are you on?”

“Urban Dictionary... What’s snowballing?”

“DON’T!!” AJ and Tommy yelled at the same time.

“Boys, do you actually do this? Swap cum between you two, while kissing, then you each swallow half of it?”

“OH MY GOD!” Again both AJ and Tommy utter that, at the same time. AJ takes his dad’s phone away from him, while Tommy turns to AJ’s Mom, “There really isn’t a gay Bridezilla, just uppity queens. AJ and I looked at our schedules, and his course load is about to get intense. So while he’s off getting the big money Masters of Genetics degree, I’ll help plan the wedding, around my English Literature classes.”

“Then it’s settled. AJ focuses on school, Tommy and Dawn will plan the wedding, Dawn mainly while Tommy focuses on his courses, where he will succeed too, and I’m bankrolling.” AJ’s Dad states, with a lot of emphasis on Tommy not neglecting his course load either.

“Sounds good Bruce, now let’s let these two boys run home, and do some snowballing.”

“MOM!!!!”

“What? You don’t think, your Father and I don’t have kinks?”

“I don’t want to know…”

 

End Scene

Some personal, experience was tied into this one. Let me know what you think!
Copyright © 2017 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

45 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Loved it! Nice nod to @Timothy M. and CC. OMG... I would have died having that convo about snowballing!

 

Ha, ha, me too. :pinch:  Having your parents discuss your sex life is a definite no-no. :o

 

Thanks for the @mention, JP, for some reason I didn't get the one in the chapter note. Of course, I loved the shout out to my story :2thumbs: as well as the fact the boys wanted to follow the Danish tradition. And I'm glad their parents were supportive after they got over the surprise and the silly questions. Good follow up on the previous Tommy story.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Loved it! Nice nod to @Timothy M. and CC. OMG... I would have died having that convo about snowballing!

Thanks! I almost did die when my mom asked me if I douche before getting Topped. Then she wanted to know what I used... :o That plus the bit about sleeping with women was all my personal experience. 

 

6 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

 

Ha, ha, me too. :pinch:  Having your parents discuss your sex life is a definite no-no. :o

 

Thanks for the @mention, JP, for some reason I didn't get the one in the chapter note. Of course, I loved the shout out to my story :2thumbs: as well as the fact the boys wanted to follow the Danish tradition. And I'm glad their parents were supportive after they got over the surprise and the silly questions. Good follow up on the previous Tommy story.

 

You're welcome, and Thank you for reading! I'm in real life in love with the Danish custom for rings. If I ever get married, it will be with that custom. Also, Denmark is on the bucket list, to visit. It sounds like a really cool place to visit. Just watch out for Cyclists. All that I have thanks to you @Timothy M. Also, I did not know the mention in the Chapter note, didn't work. I would have sent you a PM then.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

It was very nicely written. Hated the dad for saying, basically, "You're always gonna be Gay, son, but that don't mean you can't cheat on a miserable wife and kids with some dude on fishing trips." That archaic attitude is sadly all-too believable, but it still makes my blood boil to think it might have happened after the release of "Brokeback Mountain" in 2005....ack. Still so much work to do....      

But I guess in the story, the rents asked for time to 'adjust,' and you can't begrudge them that.  

Thanks for riling me ;) and sorry abt the diatribe. 

Edited by AC Benus
  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, AC Benus said:

It was very nicely written. Hated the dad for saying, basically, "You're always gonna be Gay, son, but that don't mean you can't cheat on a miserable wife and kids with some dude on fishing trips." That archaic attitude is sadly all-too believable, but it still makes my blood boil to think it might have happened after the release of "Brokeback Mountain" in 2005....ack. Still so much work to do....      

 

But I guess in the story, the rents asked for time to 'adjust,' and you can't begrudge them that.  

 

Thanks for riling me ;) and sorry abt the diatribe. 

Thank you for reading AC. Yeah, the parents never were really exposed to what was being gay, with the exception of what they saw on TV. The only reason why the Dad watched Brokeback, was it was labeled a Western. (Which I've seen before! lol) Can you imagine thinking what you see on TV is what gays are like? Thank goodness, we're starting to get halfway decent shows now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

I loved that AJ took pop's phone away!

LOL. Yeah, with how heavy the story started, I thought to end with some humor was called for.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..