Jump to content
    Brayon
  • Author
  • 539 Words
  • 1,007 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Shorts, and Flash Fictions - 8. Prompt #586 – First Line "Where are you planning to get the money for that vacation?"

For Prompt #586 - It continues the Story of AJ and Tommy.

“Where are you planning to get the money for that vacation?” Professor Kline asked looking over at AJ. “Three weeks touring Ireland, England, and Scotland, seems to be rather expensive.”

AJ smiled at his Professor, knowing he meant well. Professor Kline was his academic advisor, and whom he sought guidance on a variety of issues over the years. He’s also the man, which needed to approve him to access the campus computer system while he was away. “It’s mine and Tommy’s wedding honeymoon. Dad’s bankrolling it. Though, we have to take our own spending cash. I’ve already talked to my grandparents, and I can pull the money out from my Trust. It’s going to be a magical trip.” AJ stated with a twinkle in his eye.

“Alright, thanks for answering, though you didn’t need too. Are you going to have the time to study while over there? Don’t get me wrong, schoolwork would be the last thing I thought of, while I was with my new partner while on a honeymoon.”

“I’ve already talked it over with Tommy, and he knows that I’ll need to focus some time on my work. I’m planning, on at least an Hour a Day, most likely more, and every Saturday I’ll spend most of the day on school work.”

Professor Kline smiled at AJ, nodding his approval, and turned to his computer. With a few keystrokes, access was granted to the secured server, with new credentials made for AJ. “Your Profile has been updated, and you should have access now. Mind if I ask you another personal question AJ?”

“Sure, Professor, I don’t mind.”

“Why are you in college, pursuing this degree? I know your parents are Ranchers like your Grandparents were and Great Grandparents before them. You’ve told me about the Trust Fund, your Grandparents established for you. You’re already fairly well off. Why go to college to seek a degree in something, that you’ll do grunt work on before you can break out in about twenty to thirty years?”

“It’s not about the money, nor the ranch I’ll inherit, Professor. I want to learn, and I want to do something I can use to contribute to society. I’m going to concentrate on genetic engineering for my doctoral studies, with a goal towards disease research. I’m not an idealist, who thinks I will come up with a cure for cancer, but I want to help in researching a way that might lead to one.” AJ paused, for a moment. “It’s also for Tommy. I want to become something, he can be proud of me for.”

“He’s already proud of you, AJ. I’ve seen it every time I’ve seen you two together. How he looks at you when he drops you off at class before he heads to his own. He’s a smart young man, and he loves you.”

“Thanks,” a deeply blushing AJ stammers out.

“Oh, I’m sorry that I embarrassed you. Just speaking the truth, and now you need to run along and catch that man of yours. Unless you have any more questions or concerns to discuss.”

“I’m good Professor. Thank you for your time, and for granting me access.”

AJ stood up and heads out the door.

Short, and sweet. Quickly edited by my non-GA friend. All mistakes are mine.
Copyright © 2017 BHopper2; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 minutes ago, BlindAmbition said:

Good Prompt BH. I liked the interaction with the professor.

Thank you! I've been using these prompts mainly to work on Convos, so I'm glad the interaction was good.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Short and sweet, and left me smiling. :) 

Thank you for reading. I seem to have a pattern of "things end on a good note." I think I need to change that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

👍

Thanks. Sorely tempted to turn AJ and Tommy into a full thing. However, too much on my plate.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..