Jump to content

A Place In My Heart

   (2 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Tony and Jordan are life-long friends and do everything together. Tony even helps Jordan get through one of the most devastating times in his life, but that all changes when Tony learns Jordan’s secret. Will they be able to get past this or will his discovery end their friendship? The story takes them from seventh to eleventh grade>

Copyright © 2010 Bill W; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Albert1434

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

I loved this story and so professionally written is it with simple perfect and powerful description and dialogue! Tony and Jordan love for is so tangible and believable you're just going to love it, read it and see if I am wrong but I am not!

  • Love 2
Link to review
Cane23

  

Reading the latest short story by @Bill W, I've decided to explore the older ones. I don't know how I decided to read this one first, but I've been surprised that there is no reaction to it. 

This is coming of age story which main characters are high school jockes Tony and Jordan. As they grow up together, they sexually experiment and while Jordan accepts being gay and being in love with his best friend, Tony fall into denial. What this story makes different is that it is written from Tony's POV, which give us picture of all turbulences in person that rejects his friend at the first moment and his growing out of denial. The story deals with sexual acceptance and sexual exploration. It touches the problems of bulling, suicide, health issues, dealing with death of the parent, mentoring the younger brother, family acceptance. 

There are moments of joy, moments of passion and moments of sadness and cry, but at the end this story brings the satisfying closure both for its protagonists and us as readers. 

  • Love 1
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..