Jump to content
    Billy Martin
  • Author
  • 3,005 Words
  • 5,523 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Trials and Tribulations - 14. Chapter 14 Visions

What is going on with Andy? What does all this mean? What is Joey's part in all of this?

Chapter 14
Visions

“Andy,” Joey whispered from behind me. With my name spoken so softly, he had my full attention. Everything else was forgotten, I turned and faced him.

He shook his head and put his hand on my chest. The sympathy in his eyes broke my heart and immediately stilled my anger. He glanced at JT before he said anything more to me. “He’s not to blame. He’s only doing what he was told to do. I know his fear. I’ve lived it too. It’s his father.” Joey calmly walked over to JT and reached down his hand to help him up. “JT, I forgive you.”

To say JT was as shocked as I was would be an understatement. At first, his eyes widened, his mouth hung open, and his lips trembled slightly. As JT took Joey’s hand, the hatred and scorn his face had shown earlier, changed to one of peace and tranquility. Joey pulled him to his feet and glanced at Roger.

“It’s okay now Roger. You can let him go. There won’t be any more trouble from him today.”

Roger released Jonas, but kept an eye on him. Jonas shook his head, bewildered, and then headed towards the door.

JT was nervous, but he remained rooted to the spot, eying Joey up and down. Finally, the tension broke, and he asked, “Why?”

“Because I understand why you did it,” Joey answered, placing a hand on JT’s shoulder. “I didn’t get hurt, but Andy did.”

JT glanced at me. His body trembled. He turned his gaze to the floor out of sheer guilt. I’d never seen him show anything but anger. It felt like forever before he took a breath and said. “I’m sorry you were hurt. I didn’t do it, but I’m the one that caused it.” His gaze went back to the floor and his voice, barely louder than a whisper, reflected his remorse. “I’m sorry,” He said.

This stunned me more than Joey’s commanding voice or having my head shoved into a locker, but I knew I had to reply, and choose my words wisely.

“JT, we used to be friends a long time ago. I don’t know what I did or what happened that caused us not to be friends.” I paused, searching for the words, before continuing, “I trust Joey, and from what I’ve seen here this morning, I believe you mean it. You’re forgiven and I hope we can be friends again,” I said reaching out my hand. He cautiously took my offered hand and shook it just as Mrs. Moore came running up. She was a little out of breath, but quickly took control of the situation.

“What’s going on here boys? I was told some guys were fighting.”

I didn’t want to lie, nor did I want JT in trouble at this point, so, I had to be careful how I worded my explanation.

“Mrs. Moore, as you can see no one is fighting. I lost my balance,” ‘Yeah right, with a lot of help,’ I thought. “And I fell into the lockers and cut my head. I was just thanking JT for his help. Do you think I should go and see the nurse about my head?” I hoped that I had given Mrs. Moore enough information to let her know that this was settled and that she should let it go. She was known to be fair with students and concerned with how we all handled our problems. Besides, my head had begun to really hurt, and felt light headed.

She walked up to me, took my head in her hands, examined it carefully, and said, “I think you’re quite right.” She peered into my eyes. “Andy, how are you feeling now?”

“I’m a little dizzy and kinda in shock to be honest.” I told her the truth, and I really just wanted to lie down.

Mrs. Moore paused a moment and glared at JT. She shook her head in dismay and turned to Joey, who was standing beside me. “Will you take him to the nurse’s office and stay with him until she comes in?”

“We both will,” Roger answered. She nodded in approval and chased the stragglers, who had stopped to watch, to their classrooms.

JT’s expression of gratitude was genuine. “Thank you, Andy.” There was no doubt that he meant it. This sure wasn’t how I had expected my day to go, fighting and then making friends, with JT. I smiled and waved him off. “Forget it, JT.”

“Come on.” Roger put his arm around my waist and pulled me towards the nurse’s office.

I was glad both Joey and Roger were escorting me. I felt a little dizzy now that the fighting had stopped. I would have hated to pass out on Joey, on the way to the nurse, if he had been by himself.

“You know we are going to talk about what happened this morning, don’t you.” I asked Joey.

“I don’t know what to say, Andy, but if you feel we must, I’ll try to explain, but not now. First we need to get you examined.” He stiffened beside me and his voice was stronger than before. There was no denying my boyfriend was determined when he wanted to be.

I nodded and followed their lead. By the time we got there, I really did need the two of them to hold me up. My knees had turned to jelly during the long walk to the nurse’s office and my vision had blurred. The office was open, but the nurse hadn’t arrived yet. Roger and Joey laid me down on one of those hospital examination beds, like the one Joey was on the first time we kissed. As soon as I lay my head on the pillow, I noticed the concern in Joey’s face. Then the world around me darkened, and everything faded. Finally, blackness.

I became aware of being surrounded by darkness and of a figure stood in front of me. It glowed brightly and radiated warmth.

“Michael Andrew Collins.”

I couldn’t see the lips move in the bright light that emanated from it. I had the feeling that this wasn’t a dream, and that I was expected to answer.

“Yes, sir?” I answered, as respectfully as I could.

“A time of trials is coming for you. You have the strength of character and the courage of the heart. Be strong of faith, for faith will see you through all that comes against you and yours.” It paused, and then as if it could see into my heart, it said, “God did not take your mother from you, it was her time.”

“How… how did you know that I blamed God? I’ve never shared that with anyone, not even my dad.”

“God hast heard your prayers. He knows all things, and what is best for all of us. Sometimes we have to go through bad things for good things to happen.”

I wasn’t totally convinced with that answer, but I had accepted it when I read it in the Clan Short stories. I mean, it made sense the way it was explained in the story that sometimes bad things had to happen so good things could happen. So why couldn’t I now? I decided to go with my heart. “Okay, I can believe that, so what do you want from me?”

I had the feeling that my answer had pleased it, whoever it was.

Just be true to your own nature, and know that you do not stand alone. God moves through many people. Remember, God is known by many names, by many people. God is spirit, and God is love.”

The figure began to fade as it spoke those last words.

“Wait, don’t go yet!”

You cannot stay here no longer, Andy. You have much to do, and people who love you are waiting. For now, have faith.”

As I watched, the figure faded from sight, and I was alone in total darkness once again. Great, a talking light that spoke in riddles. Well maybe not riddles, but it could have at least told me what was coming and what I was supposed to do about it.

The ground beneath my feet trembled, and I fell flat on my back. Someone called my name. In the distance. Closer. The voice of a woman.

“Andy, wake up.”

My eyelids were heavy and they slowly drifted open. It took a moment to focus on the figure before me. Eventually I could make out Miss Pennington, the school nurse. She was concerned, and she stared nervously into my eyes. She waited a minute before speaking.

“Good, you’re awake. Now you have to stay awake for me, okay. No more sleeping until we get you to the hospital.” She reached out and took my pulse, ignoring my puzzled expression. A moment later, she was marking down everything on a sheet of paper she had on a clipboard.

“What happened?” I asked.

“You passed out as soon as we laid you down. You kinda scared us for a minute.” Joey’s voice seemed like a life preserver to me. A moment later, he came into view beside Miss Pennington. It was a relief to know he was there with me.

“I must have hit my head harder than I thought.” I tried to smile.

“Nothing can hurt that hard head of yours too much,” Roger joked. I could tell he was worried, but he was trying hard to put me at ease.

Just then, a EMT and the driver walked in pulling a stretcher. I wasn’t expecting that.

“Has anyone called my Dad?” I asked.

“He’ll meet you at the hospital,” Miss Pennington said, resting a hand on my arm.

After the EMT had made me comfortable on the cot, they wheeled me out into the hallway with Joey and Roger behind me. Debbie, Timmy, Gary, Randy, and some other people were standing outside the nurse’s door.

“Are you okay, Andy?” Debbie asked as I passed.

I smiled and gave her an okay sign. I didn’t trust myself to speak. I hadn’t expected this many people to be so concerned about me. One thing was for sure: the okay sign may have been faked, but the smile was for real. As they wheeled me down the hall to the ambulance, I heard the nurse tell everyone they needed to head to class.

Outside, the EMT explained to Joey and Roger that they couldn’t ride with me to the hospital. Roger was having none of that.

“Sir, there’s no way we that aren’t going with Andy,” he said with a determined look. “Our parents told us we had to stick together. I fucked up this morning and walked away for just two minutes, and look what happened.” Roger pointed at me on the cot. “That’s Judge Collins’ son and my best friend, so either we go with Andy, or we deal with the judge at the hospital. If you don’t let us go with him, I’ll be on the phone to Judge Collins before you leave the parking lot.”

When the EMT looked at Joey, Joey nodded towards Roger and said, “What he said.”

“Fine, let us get him in first and you two can ride back here with me.” The EMT shook his head as he stared at Roger and Joey. The glare he shot them made it apparent that this wasn’t something he normally would put up with. Roger and Joey were silent while the EMT registered my vitals.

After Joey and Roger had climbed into the ambulance the last thing I remembered was the mask being pulled over my mouth and nose, and someone mentioning that my vitals were crashing, and when I opened my eyes, I was standing in a large valley by a lake surrounded by green fields and tall, snow-capped mountains. I was at peace. I felt surrounded by love. The love flowed into me from everywhere, like the waters of a graceful river, on a warm summer day. The water in the lake was calm, and I could see the reflection of the mountains in it. A gentle breeze with heavenly smells calmed my soul.

“It’s beautiful, is it not?”

I would know that voice anywhere; a voice that had always been there. After she lost her battle with cancer, I thought I would never hear it again. The voice of the only woman in the world I would always love. Mom. Pure unconditional love. A love I had missed so much these last few years. My vision blurred from the tears flowing down my cheeks.

“I’ve missed you so much!” I cried and fell into her open arms.

“I know baby. I’ve missed holding you like this.” She rained kisses on the top of my head.

“Is this heaven?”

“In a way, it is. It’s a place I can talk to you for a few minutes.” She patted my back like she used to and gently hugged me to calm down.

“Then, to me, it is heaven. I have my mom back, even if it is just for a few minutes.”

She ruffled my hair. “You’re becoming a man, A Thaisce. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was rocking you in my arms and feeding you. And no you are as tall as I am.”

One of the things I missed most about my mom was her calling me A Thaisce. It had been her private nickname for me since as far back as I could remember which always made me feel special. She told me once that it meant ‘my treasure’, and her father had called her the same nickname. It was nice to know it meant so much to her. Now, after three long years, I was hearing her call me that again and it made me feel ecstatic.

Even though I hadn’t felt this good in, like, forever, and I have missed my mom like crazy, there had to be a reason that I was with her now, and Mom had always been honest with me, even during the roughest parts of her cancer.

“It’s been three years, mom,” I grinned, and then turned serious, “but why are we here?”

“My brave A Thaisce, you’re always asking the hard questions. I’m so proud of you. We are here so I can prepare you for what’s coming. You will soon be challenged. Just remember that you have been chosen to do this. It won’t be easy, baby, but I have faith in you. God will help you through this.”

“What? What can I do? I’m just a boy.”

“Honey, God can take your weaknesses and make them your strengths. All things are possible through Him. He is everywhere and in all things. Know that you will always have help. There will be guides, sent by God, to guide you through the coming years. They will teach you and train you to be the man you were meant to be. Just remember that people know God by different names, like The Great Spirit, or Sky Grandfather. Trust those sent by God. You can tell them by their spirit, for you have the ability to know if they have a good spirit or a bad spirit. If their fruit is good, then they are good. Have faith in God, and He will protect you and provide for you. Then you can do the same for those you love.”

I was nervous. I had come out to my father and the rest of my family, but Mom had died before I could tell her.

“You… you know about Joey and me?” I asked, averting my gaze for the first time.

“Yes, Andy, and I approve.” She wrapped her arms around me. “A love that’s pure, like the one you share with Joey, can never be wrong in the sight of a loving mother, and I love you so very much, A Thaisce.” She hugged me tighter and tears washed my face when she accepted me.

“Andy, we don’t have much longer,” she said as we pulled apart. “Remember everything I’ve told you. Listen to your father, for he is wise and knowledgeable. Let him guide you when you aren’t sure. Let Joey be your light in the darkness. He will guide your footsteps between right and wrong. Have faith in God, in your love for Joey, and his for you. And always remember that I love you, and I’m proud of you.”

“Yes, Mom, I’ll do as you ask. I really miss you, Mom. Will I see you again?”

She noticed the pleading in my eyes. “Only God knows the future, Andy. But I know one day, we will be together.”

“I have so many questions, Mom. Are you all right? Are you happy?” I intertwined my hands with hers.

“Oh Andy, you have no idea how happy I am. I miss you and your father very much, but there is so much joy and happiness in heaven. Remember the Bible verse ‘God is love?’” I nodded. “It’s so true. Always remember that. Love overcomes all things.” Her eyes had a little sadness in them. “When everything becomes dark and seems hopeless, call on God for help. He will answer.”

I nodded again, afraid to speak.

“Our time is up,” She said and kissed my forehead.

I wrapped my arms around her tightly. “I love you Mom. I will never forget you.”

Her hug tightened. “I know baby. I love you too.”

When she kissed my forehead a second time, darkness surrounded me again. After what seemed like an eternity, I heard beeping noises far in the distance, growing louder and louder. My eyes were closed, but through my eyelids I could see the light growing brighter. When I opened my eyes, the light blinded me and I quickly closed them.


 

Author Note:
A Thaisce” is a Gaelic term of endearment meaning “[my] treasure”

a href="http://www.thetrevorproject.org/">Please, if you feel you can't take anymore, it will get better. There's nothing life can throw at us that we can't over come or find a way around it, it will get better. Nothing last forever, including the bad times, it will get better. Reach out to someone, talk to someone, share your feelings, it will get better. Never ever give up, it will get better. There are organizations that are there to help us through the bad times, it will get better. The Trevor Project is just one of those, reach out to them, support their work, it will get better.

The Trevor Project

This story is Copyright © 2011-2014 Billy Martin, All rights reserved. Distribution for commercial gain, including, but not limited to, posting on sites or newsgroups, distribution as parts or in book form (either as a whole or part of a compilation) with or without a fee, or distribution on CD, DVD, or any other electronic media with or without a fee, is expressly prohibited without the author's written consent. You may download one (1) copy of this story for personal use; any and all commercial use excepting educational institutions requires the author's written consent. Any and all linking by external sites requires the author's permission. The author may be contacted at: billybratii@gmail.com
  • Like 25
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow, I'm surprised Joey forgave JT so easily. So does this mean JT will stop harrassing them? How can he if his father is forcing him to do it?

 

Loved Roger's speech to the EMT.

 

That whole scene with Andy and that "spirit" and the scene with Andy and his mom kind of confused me. With all the talk of God and how Andy will be challenged soon and to listen to his father and to Joey; it all confused me.

 

What's going to happen with Andy? I hope JT's father won't come after Andy himself.....

Link to comment
On 04/17/2012 05:35 AM, Lisa said:
Wow, I'm surprised Joey forgave JT so easily. So does this mean JT will stop harrassing them? How can he if his father is forcing him to do it?

 

Loved Roger's speech to the EMT.

 

That whole scene with Andy and that "spirit" and the scene with Andy and his mom kind of confused me. With all the talk of God and how Andy will be challenged soon and to listen to his father and to Joey; it all confused me.

 

What's going to happen with Andy? I hope JT's father won't come after Andy himself.....

This may very well be why all the reviews and likes are way down :(

 

Joey was raised in church. Although his father is a poor Shepard and Father, Joey read the Bible himself, and didn't allow his Father's beliefs to become his own.

 

I don't mean to confuse anyone, too much, but it will all come together soon and make more sense. I promise. :)

 

Time will tell about Andy and JT's father.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
cool.png ......... I gave review on the GA site, if you prefer them here, I'll be happy to post them here. BTW, I thought your chapter was very well written, looking forward to more.
Link to comment
On 04/18/2012 08:37 AM, Benji said:
cool.png ......... I gave review on the GA site, if you prefer them here, I'll be happy to post them here. BTW, I thought your chapter was very well written, looking forward to more.
Benji :hug:

 

Anywhere is good :) It's just that it seems that there's less now than before. Maybe its me, but no matter where you comment, you should know, it means a lot to me.

Link to comment

As always well written, loved Joey and his forgiveness of JT, gonna be interesting where the visions lead.

Link to comment
On 04/19/2012 07:32 PM, Kiltie69 said:
As always well written, loved Joey and his forgiveness of JT, gonna be interesting where the visions lead.
Thanks, Tom.

 

I hope everything works out for all concerned.

Link to comment
On 04/20/2012 07:38 AM, PrivateTim said:
I do love the story, but I am not sure God's messengers speak in 17th century English :P
Thanks for the review :hug:

 

Who knows for sure how an angel would speak if they are trying to get your attention, and letting you know who they are? ;)

Link to comment

Forgiveness comes from the heart and lives in the soul. Joey has a special bond with forgiveness. He's different to Andy, who gives just as good as he gets. Joey, in my view has an enormous role in Andy's life, and that is to teach him something. What it is I do not know. I hope, that when the lesson is learned, Joey does not move on, but sticks around with Andy. They make such a perfect couple. On the other hand, it seems, from the divine intervention, that Andy has also been set a mission. The mission began in chapter one, not in CH14. We all, as humans, are leading somewhere, every move we make, every turn we take, every smile we smile takes us closer to our destinies. There may be many destinies, and Andy's destiny began in CH 1. I'm loving this story. It deals with the violence that many of us have faced as gay people. Even thoughts, targeted at us, are violent in nature and thank the lord we do not need to answer or respond to a person's private thought, for if we could, there would be chaos in this world. Divine intervention in the form of Andy's mother, is dream like. It's not far fetched. It happens all the time in operating theatres in hospitals across the world. People have out of body experiences. Visitations from the spiritual world, especially from the Lord, cannot be defined in terms of language. The writer has taken dramatic licence and he is entitled to. We all, when writing our own stories, make homo fictus larger than life, Billy hasdone just that.

thumbsup.gif Billy.

Link to comment
On 04/22/2012 04:09 AM, LJH said:
Forgiveness comes from the heart and lives in the soul. Joey has a special bond with forgiveness. He's different to Andy, who gives just as good as he gets. Joey, in my view has an enormous role in Andy's life, and that is to teach him something. What it is I do not know. I hope, that when the lesson is learned, Joey does not move on, but sticks around with Andy. They make such a perfect couple. On the other hand, it seems, from the divine intervention, that Andy has also been set a mission. The mission began in chapter one, not in CH14. We all, as humans, are leading somewhere, every move we make, every turn we take, every smile we smile takes us closer to our destinies. There may be many destinies, and Andy's destiny began in CH 1. I'm loving this story. It deals with the violence that many of us have faced as gay people. Even thoughts, targeted at us, are violent in nature and thank the lord we do not need to answer or respond to a person's private thought, for if we could, there would be chaos in this world. Divine intervention in the form of Andy's mother, is dream like. It's not far fetched. It happens all the time in operating theatres in hospitals across the world. People have out of body experiences. Visitations from the spiritual world, especially from the Lord, cannot be defined in terms of language. The writer has taken dramatic licence and he is entitled to. We all, when writing our own stories, make homo fictus larger than life, Billy hasdone just that.

thumbsup.gif Billy.

Thanks Louis!

 

You are quite right. Time will tell concerning Andy and Joey.

Link to comment

Ah so it was Joey who told him to stop. Very nice...Joey is like an angel, he's Andy's Angel and i have a feeling he really will be andy's light in the darkness. Can't wait to see how that plays out. I totally understand him forgiving JT too. he would understand where JT must be right now. Will that change JT's behavior now? I guess only time will tell. I see the story is starting to delve into very powerful messages and plots here Billy. Very intriguing and i can't wait to see what tribulations Andy and his friends will have to face. Also really liked the scene between Andy and his mom very intense. can't wait to see what happens next

Link to comment
On 04/26/2012 06:17 PM, Jammi said:
Ah so it was Joey who told him to stop. Very nice...Joey is like an angel, he's Andy's Angel and i have a feeling he really will be andy's light in the darkness. Can't wait to see how that plays out. I totally understand him forgiving JT too. he would understand where JT must be right now. Will that change JT's behavior now? I guess only time will tell. I see the story is starting to delve into very powerful messages and plots here Billy. Very intriguing and i can't wait to see what tribulations Andy and his friends will have to face. Also really liked the scene between Andy and his mom very intense. can't wait to see what happens next
Thank you very much for the review. I hope the next few chapters keeps you wanting more :)
Link to comment

Nightmare or Vision? Could Andy's dream be representative of what the future holds. Not literally but metaphorically?

 

How is it that Joey knew that JT's father as behind it all. I understand people that have gone thru like circumstances can recognize behaviors but the way it was put almost makes Joey seem psychic or other worldly. Seeing that JT was not able, or so I believe, to complete what his father requested; will he be allowed back home? Could this be a turning point where JT becomes one of their greatest allies? Will this prove to be JT's downfall with his family? Will his father win and eventually get JT to do worse to the boys? I know I referred to JT as 'sinister' in a previous comment but I am quite intrigued by him. Hoping to learn more about him and see how his character navigates thru this story.

Link to comment
On 05/03/2013 12:34 PM, CW Prince said:
Nightmare or Vision? Could Andy's dream be representative of what the future holds. Not literally but metaphorically?

 

How is it that Joey knew that JT's father as behind it all. I understand people that have gone thru like circumstances can recognize behaviors but the way it was put almost makes Joey seem psychic or other worldly. Seeing that JT was not able, or so I believe, to complete what his father requested; will he be allowed back home? Could this be a turning point where JT becomes one of their greatest allies? Will this prove to be JT's downfall with his family? Will his father win and eventually get JT to do worse to the boys? I know I referred to JT as 'sinister' in a previous comment but I am quite intrigued by him. Hoping to learn more about him and see how his character navigates thru this story.

Thanks for commenting again on the story.

 

JT's story so far, is like many of others, our parent's views being forced on us. How we react to that is what makes us different.

 

Again, thank you!

Link to comment

With the conversation with his father about the druid in his wife's background plus the gaelic nicknames and now the visions its going to be very intriguing how they all tie together. Though at the moment I think they are so wrong the bejeezus out of family and hospital staff.

Link to comment

Wow! The Driud thing has put your story in a totally different category now. Not sure I really want to go down this road, but the story has been really good up to now, so perhaps I should just go with it. It's all been quite realistic now we are going into the surreal world and it's a little freaky.

I loved Joey's bold step of redemption for JT in forgiving him. Wow! That was amazing and so brave and courageous. And JT's response was amazing, though perhaps not all that believable yet not impossible by any means.

Link to comment
On 09/03/2014 05:46 AM, Jaro_423 said:
Wow! The Driud thing has put your story in a totally different category now. Not sure I really want to go down this road, but the story has been really good up to now, so perhaps I should just go with it. It's all been quite realistic now we are going into the surreal world and it's a little freaky.

I loved Joey's bold step of redemption for JT in forgiving him. Wow! That was amazing and so brave and courageous. And JT's response was amazing, though perhaps not all that believable yet not impossible by any means.

Thanks for leaving a review Jaro!

 

The Druid scene was more or less placed in this story for future writings, but not in this book itself.

Link to comment
On 08/22/2013 05:10 PM, Daithi said:
With the conversation with his father about the druid in his wife's background plus the gaelic nicknames and now the visions its going to be very intriguing how they all tie together. Though at the moment I think they are so wrong the bejeezus out of family and hospital staff.
Don't look for the Druid tie in until book 2 or 3 :)

 

That is, if you the readers allow me to.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..