Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 4,972 Words
  • 7,712 Views
  • 29 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ian's Heart - 11. Chapter 11 - Adam

“UMC-134 requested for Assistance, MDP asking for DET-331195 Cnr Lexington and Market.

“Damn it, every time,” I looked over at a cackling Payne, “Every time,”

“I know, but Marshall seems to like you, and when you're there he appears to calm down. Think about the other officers involved,” Payne said grinning. Marshall is Marshall Carter, the local mentally ill person, to whom we get weekly call outs. He’s not dangerous, but he does seem to cause havoc.

“Fine,” I flicked the lights on “let's get this over with,”

“UMC-134 on route eta 12 minutes,” I notified dispatch.

Payne took our ‘eta’ as a challenge to get there quicker – safely. I grabbed the ‘fuck me dead’ on the side above my head to hang on. Although Payne isn’t driving wildly or dangerously, she tends to take the corners a little hard to see if she can knock me off balance. It’s a fun little game ‘we’ play.

When we arrived at the scene, a small crowd were milling around. Marshall was sitting on the ground with an officer holding a cloth to his head. A teenager was next to him fussing.

“Uncle Marshall, are you okay?” The boy said with tears in his eyes. “Can’t you get him an ambulance or something, he’s bleeding so badly.”

“Son we’ve called for medical assistance they’ll be here soon. It looks worse than it is, head wounds tend to bleed a lot, okay. I need you to quiet down so we can keep your Uncle calm.” The officer was compassionate.

“Yes sir,” the kid said as he finally let the tears fall, he tried to wipe them away so nobody could see.

“What happened here?” I asked sternly, to the officer but looking around the crowd, which seemed to have increased in size.

“Mr. Carter here was trying to warn the good citizens of Lexington about the hole in the ozone layer,” the officer pointed to the uncovered manhole, surrounded by safety rails. “He was causing some noise, then someone threw that can,” he pointed to a can next to his foot inside an evidence bag, “and it’s split his head, we’ve called for a bus. I think it’s best we get him to the hospital. He has been requesting to speak to you since we arrived.” His eye pleading forgiveness that I’d actually been called to attend. Probably hoping I wouldn’t chew him out.

“It’s fine, Officer…” I waited for him to tell me his name as I crouched beside.

“Potts, Wade Potts.” He said and lifted the cloth so I could see the wound.

“Ouch! I bet that hurts a little hey Marshall,” I said sympathetically, “and who’s this?” I gestured to the teenager.

“I…I’m um… Stephen Carter sir,” He swallowed audibly, “this…this is m-my Uncle,” his face wet from tears.

“HEY CARTER! LET’S GO, JUST FUCKING LEAVE HIM.” A kid yelled over the top of us, fidgeting and transferring his weight from left to right. I stood up quickly.

“And who are you?” I asked knowing full well once I saw the kid accurately who he was. Brian Chattering.

“What’s it to you?” he snarled back at me. Then he tapped Stephen on the shoulder, “let’s go, NOW!” he demanded.

“He isn’t going anywhere but to the hospital with his Uncle. If you want to leave, leave.” I said with gritted teeth.

“What? Get lost pig. NOW, Stephen, we’re leaving,” he spat, and one of the side kicks snickered behind him. “Come on get up,” the kid spoke with venom this time and kicked Stephen in the leg just hard enough for Stephen to lose his balance from where he was crouched next to his Uncle. The kids face portrayed everything, he was scared, probably frozen in place and unable to actually move. It wasn’t the same face he wore in concern for his Uncle, but of actual terror. God, knows what this poor kid puts up with. I remember when I first started here Payne saying something about this kids family being mean as rattlesnakes, and now he has to put up with this fuck stick.

I grabbed the kids arm and restrained him with it behind his back securing him in cuffs. I frisked him and indicated for Officer Potts partner to take him into custody. “Take this back to the house and put him in an interview room. Make sure you get that evidence tagged, logged and to fingerprints right away. This kid here isn’t to be released until we find out if it is his fingerprints are on it.” The Officer grumbled something I didn’t catch, I turned and faced him, “Is there a problem?”

“No detective, what are we arresting him for?” The Officer asked snarkily.

“Suspicion of aggravated assault. Once the fingerprints come back, we’ll be charging him with Aggravated Assault.” I said and waved my hand at him dismissively. Payne eyed the Officer warily and slowly moved toward me.

She came close to me so we could talk privately, “I’m going to go with him. I’ll get fingerprints to do this quickly for us. Lord knows Marley owes me a few favors. I’ll let you know if it turns out to be the kid's prints on the can. What do you want me to do if it’s not?” Payne asked.

I shrugged one shoulder, “Hold his stupid ass as long as we can, then call his folks to come and get him.” I chuckled at my own meanness. “If anything we’ll fuck his night for him. You’ve met his family, they’ll be pissed whether he’s guilty or innocent, the fact he attracted police attention at all will put a fire in his Dad’s belly. I’ll bring Pott’s back to the house, but we’ll go up to the hospital first. See if we can’t get them to hold Marshall and get him back on his meds. Once you’re in the car can you get another car down here, maybe get them to get rid of our audience. I don’t want to leave Officer Potts alone. The least we can do is let Marshall have some dignity for fuck's sake.”

“Got it,” Payne squeezed my shoulder as she passed by me and quietly said, “You’re a good man HotShot.” I rolled my eyes.

“Only once a year, seems today’s that day,” I laughed, man I’m hungry. I should have eaten before work.

Payne took the can in the evidence bag and went with Officer Sour Puss. Officer Potts looked at me as if to say what happens now.

“We’ll follow the bus to the hospital and take the youngster home, then we’ll go back to the house. Payne will let the Captain know when she gets back.”

“Thanks,” the Officer smiled warmly at me and turned his focus back to the bleeding man, “Marshall buddy, please stop fidgeting, I need to keep this cloth on the wound okay.” He said gently to his injured patient.

I looked back out at the crowds, all of Chattering’s cronies had disappeared into the wind. Fuckin’ cowards. The Paramedics finally pulled up to the curb. I grabbed Stephen to get him out of their way. Poor kid was in fight or flight mode, I grabbed his shoulder and held on, whispering in his ear, “I got ya son, calm down and let them work. He’s going to be okay, it looks worse than it is.” I felt the poor kids whole body shaking under my hand. I wasn’t sure what to do, so I kept my hand there for some kind of reassurance for him.

The paramedics cleaned Marshall up and put something in place to stop or minimize the bleeding. Loaded him in the back of the bus and one of the paramedics asked if the family had been notified, I told him Stephen was Marshall’s nephew, and I indicated for him to go with the ambulance.

“It’s okay Stephen, go with your Uncle, and we’ll meet you at the hospital.” I gave him a gentle nudge in the direction of the ambulance.

<>-<>-<>

The hospital staff took care of Marshall, he acted out a bit when he realized he was at the hospital, the staff had to sedate him. His young nephew asked to stay with his Uncle instead of going home. At first, they balked at the request until I pointed out that he may be able to help them if Marshall gets agitated. Funny how quickly they changed their minds when I reminded the staff what they were dealing with as there were no beds in psych and they’d be stuck looking after him. I left Stephen with my number in case there were any problems with the hospital staff through the night, hoping he’d use it if he needed. With nothing left to do we headed back to the house.

“What’s the deal with your partner and his attitude?” I asked Officer Potts with a little more attitude toward him than I meant.

Officer Pott’s fiddled with his hat taking a moment before answering, “Have you noticed there’s a bit of a boys club here?”

I grunted, “Yeah I noticed, I don’t tend to get involved in that shit.”

“Well he does and is part of it. It starts with the Captain, then goes down from there.You being an outsider would never have been invited in their circle anyways.” He said matter of factly. I grunted acknowledgment.

“It’s also why you were partnered with Detective Fuller, none of the other Detectives wanted to work with her. She transferred here already a detective. If she had been a uniformed officer, she would never have been promoted. You’re an outsider and part of the FBI, so they partnered you with her.” The Officer informed me, “Well that’s the talk around the house anyway.”

“I don’t care much for rumors, but I don’t doubt what you're saying. And while we are saying, Detective Fuller is an excellent Detective.” I groused.

“Sorry Sir, I wasn’t passing judgment on Detective Fuller or her abilities. I’ve seen her in action, she actually scares me a little. She’s cool and calm under pressure, she’s also tough but fair. Detective Fuller knows every uniformed Officer’s name, and she addresses them with it. I quite like her. The other detectives just grunt and say ‘oi you.’” The man nervously stated. I can’t wait to tell her that the uniformed officers like her but find her scary.

“What do you know about the Carter’s?” I asked the Officer maybe he could shed some light on Stephen’s circumstances.

“Um… They live at the trailer park and are the stereotypical white trash that people speak about. We get called out on domestic disturbance weekly, the old man’s always drunk. He’s a mean son of a bitch too. Their son Stephen has never given us an ounce of trouble. Although we’ve been out there a couple of times and he’s had bruises on him. I wanted to ring child services one time, but my old partner told me there was no point. I did it anyway, the report came back clean. No problem found. I’m not sure they even checked on the poor kid.” Officer Pott’s shook his head.

“If you come across him again, let me know, will you? Maybe we can get him some help or something. He seems like a good kid with a shit circumstances. I’d hate for them to break him.” I said pensively. There has to be a way to get the boy away from the shit he was hanging with today and that asshole of a family. Shit, fucking jail would probably be safer for the kid at this point.

“Yes sir, I’d be happy too. Thank you, sir,” He said excitedly.

“Stop calling me sir,” I snorted.

He chuckled softly beside me, “Yes sir, sorry Detective.” I laughed at the poor guy nervousness.

I picked up the phone through blue tooth in the car, “Price,”

“Hey HotShot, the fingerprints are still about an hour or so away. If you guys want to stop and get some dinner you should. Captain Knoeze is on the warpath at the moment best you guys stay out unless they call you back in.” Payne suggested.

“Did you want me to swing by and grab you we’ll go catch a burger or something?” I asked.

“Actually, no I’m going to pop out and see my Dad he’s been a bit off the past couple. I want to check on him, you know how he is,” Payne said with worry in her voice, she tries to school her emotions. But when it comes to her Dad, she wears them on her sleeve.

“You know where I’ll be if you need me Shortstack. I’m just a phone call away or come meet us if you get the chance.” I’ve been coming up with different nicknames for Payne, I’ve yet to come across one that doesn’t come with a bruised arm yet. At least this time, she’s on the phone and not sitting next to me. I chuckled out loud without meaning to.

Payne scoffed, “I’ll give you Shortstack, Shithead.”

“Ah, Payne, promises, promises… What’s going on with the Captain?” I wondered.

“Hang on,” I heard rustling and a door click on the other end. Payne then spoke quietly and quickly into the phone, she must be in the locker room because I can now hear an echo, “Two guys in suits were locked up in his office with him when I came back. He’s been a prick since they left, I don’t know what it was about. There’s been a weird vibe and odd visitors through here, the entire time you were on sick leave. Nobody seems to know, and everyone is finding reasons to leave the house. It’s uncomfortable around here usually, but right now, it’s toxic. A lot of follow up is getting done as you can imagine. I’m going to dinner, you guys stay out for now and go on break. I’ll call if I hear anything or meet you at the diner if I can. Let me know if you get called back.” Hmmm, it all makes me a little curious as to what is really going on..

“Sure no worries, stay out of his firing line if you can Girlie.You know he’ll take his mood out on you.” I said worriedly.

“You got it, talk to you shortly,” Payne assured me she would, I ended the call. I wonder what that’s about. Payne would know if they were FBI surely. She’s certainly had to deal with them enough since I came along. Come to think of it, the Captain has been a little off himself this past week. Curious.

“You should drop me back at the house if the Captain is on a tear.” Officer Potts said.

“Um, that would be a no. I’ve watched him rip into the uniforms before, it’s not pretty.”

The Officer chortled, “I seem to be one of his favorites, when my partner isn’t around.”

“Why is that?”

“Probably a million reasons, maybe none at all. I’m not one to socialize with the others, I live a pretty quiet life. My partner gives me hell for it, he says I think I’m better than everyone else. But I don’t I assure you I’m simply quiet, not naturally outgoing I guess.” He offered in explanation.

“Nothing wrong with that, I’m going to sign us out with dispatch for dinner, and we’ll be golden. But I’ll wait a bit first, they still think we are at the hospital.” I said respectfully, “I’ll take any flack he throws at you when we get back. Have you eaten? Are you hungry? There’s a great diner just up ahead, has the best burgers.” I could feel my mouth salivating at the thought.

“Thanks, yeah, I could eat,” He said politely.

A couple of minutes later we pulled into the diner. Ian’s here! The thought popped into my head from my gut. The moment we walked through the doors my eyes went on the search. There he is, I wonder who he’s with, or if he’s actually here by himself.

“Follow me I’ll introduce you to a friend of mine,” I said, heading toward Ian. I didn’t even wait to see if Officer Potts actually followed me. I was on a mission, I get to see Ian before Saturday. We’ve been texting and calling each other since Sunday, but this will be an extra treat for me. Just to be near him or see him. He had his back to me, I put my hand on his shoulder, my thumb giving a quick sweep of his jawline.

“Hey,” Very smooth greeting on my part, rolling my eyes internally at myself.

Ian startled, then looked up at me with those beautiful eyes of his. The smile made his whole face light up. “Hey, Hi! Wh…what are you doing here? I thought you were working tonight.” Ian said nervously but was genuinely happy to see me. Then he saw I wasn’t alone, I watched as his face faltered a little. Thankfully Officer Potts is in his uniform, so it will be easy to explain away. It also gave me a tiny flutter in my chest, that he might actually be jealous.

“We were at the hospital and decided to stop for dinner break on the way back. I saw you and thought I’d say hello. We aren’t interrupting are we?” I asked warily, Ian’s alone, but that doesn’t mean he isn’t meeting someone.

“No, you’re not interrupting. Why don’t you join me? I was supposed to meet Liam, but he decided to take his Mom out to dinner.” He told me as if I knew who Liam is.

“Who’s Liam?” I growled.

“My nephew, sort of. It’s a long story. Please sit.” Ian moved for us to join his booth. I slid into the booth across from Ian first, I didn’t even bother to ask Officer Pott’s if he minded. I’m so rude. The man hesitated, looked around the diner uncomfortably.

“Sorry,” I looked apologetically at the Officer, “Please sit. Ian this is Officer Potts, Officer Potts this is my friend Ian. Ian is a science teacher over at the high school.”

He smiled at Ian and put his hand over the table to shake in greeting, “Please call me Wade,” Ian smiled and shook his hand. Wade then turned to me with a shy smile, “Thanks, Detective.”

“Call me Adam, we aren’t on duty at the moment.”

“Sure, thanks, Adam,” Wade replied.

The waitress appeared at our table as Wade finished talking, “Good evening gentleman… Oh, hello, Ian, you have different dining companions tonight,” she lightly flirted with my guy. Grrr!!

“Yeah, they thought I was homeless and offered to buy me dinner.” Ian chuckled with the girl, just take our order and go girly. I’ve never been jealous before, but this is my guy. “These are my friends Adam and Wade. This is Shelly our server, she’s going to law school,” Ian gestured as he introduced us to each other.

“Nice to meet you both,” she smiled her sweet perky smile at us, “would you like your usual?” Shelly asked Ian batting her lashes at him.

“Yes please,” Ian answered fiddling with his knife and fork rolled inside of a napkin.

“I’ll have the same,” I said handing her back the menu.

She cocked an eyebrow at me, “Are you sure you know what you're doing?” I heard Ian snicker. Well, I can’t back down now can I?

“It will be all right,” I answered curtly. Flirts with my guy then questions my order. Who is this brat?

“And you Wade?” she smiled cutely at him.

“Make it unanimous, I’ll live on the edge. Surprise me.” Wade smiled at the girl shrugging his shoulders.

“You're all very brave,” Shelly ended with and left the table with a grin.

“It isn’t like, lambs brains or anything is it?” Wade asked Ian quietly, a little frightened of what he committed himself to.

Ian laughed, “No nothing like that. It’s a burger and fries, pie for dessert, but the burger isn’t on the menu. It’s Liam’s creation. It took him a couple of months to perfect it, but now it’s the only burger he eats. It’s huge, and mouth watering delicious.”

I trapped Ian’s foot between mine and held it there. He didn’t fight back or seem upset, but he did give me a look, and I swear I saw his eyes twinkle at me. “You aren’t going to tell us what’s on it are you?”

“Nope,” He said shaking his head slowly, a mischievous grin dancing on his face. “I can tell you, we usually get either cherry pie or apple pie. She always brings us which ever is freshest.”

I scoffed, “Thanks, that’s helpful.”

“You’re welcome,” he said cheekily.

“Here you are gentlemen, your drinks. Your food won’t be long. And to cover my butt, just in case. Here is the phone number for a good cardiologist.” She put down three cokes, one in front of each of us and slid a piece of paper with a name and phone number on it, then left us to it. Ian laughed loudly. Christ on a cracker I wonder what the hell we’ve ordered. I eyed Ian, and he laughed harder. Fuck he’s gorgeous when he laughs. The sound of his laugh melts my insides. Have you any idea how difficult it is to not reach out and touch him when I hear him laugh. I felt my cock, plumping. So I quietly kept to myself for a minute, while Ian and Wade chatted. Willing the bastard cock of mine to deflate and behave for me.

“Are you okay?” Ian asked with his brow raised in concern.

“Yeah!” I kind of grunted. Shit that was rude. I rubbed my foot along his and cleared my throat, “I’m a bit worried about what we are going to be eating if it requires the phone number for a cardiologist.” I grinned trying to lighten my mood.

Ian chuckled, “I guess you’re about to find out,” He pointed to the waitress coming our direction with a tray of plated meals.

We were all given a plate with the worlds biggest burger, with a few fries. Then she rested a giant dinner plate down between the three of us with loaded fries and our own ranch dressing each.

“Thanks,” Ian smiled at her, and she winked at him before she left us alone. Grrr!! I watched her walk away, with what was probably a scowl on my face if Ian’s expression was anything to go by. I grinned at him, and his face softened and smiled back. He nudged my foot with his and dug into the loaded fries.

“Wow,” Wade gulped, “What is this thing?” He chuckled.

“It’s cheese, lettuce, tomato, beetroot, pineapple ring, thick and greasy meat pattie, caramelized onion, mushroom, bacon, fried egg, cheese and BBQ Sauce. Your taste buds will be dancing the rest of the evening, I promise.” Ian said dreamily, squashed his burger down with his hand, so it was a little flatter. He wrapped a napkin around the bottom of it so he wouldn’t have grease run down his arm and bit into it. His eyes literally rolled back into his head, and a little moan escaped at the same time. My jealousy forgotten in an instant, my breath caught in my throat. I wonder if that’s what he looks and sounds like when he… I blew out a breath to try and keep my libido in check. I’m two seconds from throwing him over this table.

“Well here goes nothing,” I said and followed Ian’s demonstration of how to get this monster in my mouth. Flatten, napkin, bite. Oh…my…God. I took another napkin and wiped my chin, this mother is juicy and so many different flavors exploding and complementing each other. My eyes also rolled into the back of my head, the same groan escaped from my throat. The taste buds on my tongue dancing. I’ve never tasted anything like it. The egg was just soft enough to add flavor and not run everywhere, the mushrooms dulling the tang of the pineapple gently, the bacon, onion and BBQ sauce giving it a beautiful sun burnt grill flavor, and the salad complementing the beef pattie entirely. This thing is the pairing of a genius.

“Vis is de bess king I ever caseted.” I said with my mouth full, my hands full, my mind full, my cock full. Wade eventually gave in trying his burger and had the same reaction as Ian and me.

The rest of the break went well with a light, comfortable conversation between the three of us. It was nice having a dinner with others and having normal conversation throughout. I haven’t had much of that since Anna left. Payne and I eat together a lot, but it’s usually on the fly or take out while we watch a game on tv. We all decided to get our dessert to go as we had to get back to the house. I paid the bill and left a generous tip. My dinner companions tried to argue, but I outranked all of them. My argument anyway, and I ended up winning.

Wade went and sat in the car while I said goodbye to Ian. Man, I want to touch him, or kiss him, something. But I behaved, said goodbye, squeezed his shoulder and left him with the promise to pick him up at seven on Saturday night.

Officer Potts was quiet until we entered back into the evening peak-hour traffic.

“Um… Detective, do you mind if I speak freely?”

I looked at him sideways, “Hmm, sure go ahead,”

“Is um… Ian your boyfriend?” he asked very nervously.

“Does it matter? Is it a problem?” I gruffed. I’m not telling someone I don’t really know anything. Although I feel completely comfortable around him. I’m not ready to tell him my every thought and feeling.

“Oh, no problem for me at all, just a piece of advice, don’t let them know at the house if you are gay or bi, well, hell anything but straight is unacceptable to them.” Officer Potts said bitterly.

“Firstly, it’s none of their business, and secondly I am who I am and don’t give two shits about their opinion,” I spoke sternly.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to…”

“You didn’t,” I looked at him, he looked upset and uncomfortable, Jesus, “You haven’t upset me, it’s no-one’s business who I’m attracted to. That’s between the other person and me.” I tried to soften my gruff rah rah, “Do you walk up to people and say “Hi I’m Wade, I sleep with women?”

Wade burst out laughing, I chuckled at him laughing and looked at him because it wasn’t a funny comment.

“If I said that to anyone I know, they’d laugh me out of the place.” He fidgeted for a second and said shyly, “Women aren’t really in my wheel house.”

“Well I guess you’d also be lying then wouldn’t you?” I chuckled.

He let out some air to release the tension from his body chuckling softly, “You really don’t care that I’m gay?”

“Nope, couldn’t give a flying rats ass.”

<>-<>-<>

I caught up with Payne in the bullpen as I was heading to the interview rooms. “How’s your Dad?” I inquired.

“He’s alright, but he seems off. Even his skin is pale. I think I’ll make an appointment for the doctors tomorrow.” Payne said pensively, then chewing on her thumb nail.

“Let me know if I can do anything alright? Any further word on what’s going on with the Captain?”

“Nope nothing, and if anyone does know, they aren’t saying.” Payne shook her head.

“So how did it go, are the finger prints back?”

Payne’s grin said it all, “Yep and there’s good news and bad news.”

“Okay, hit me with it.”

“They weren’t Brian’s prints on the can, his folks showed up with a lawyer, they’ve just left. His parents were pissed, ranting and carrying on. The Captain practically shoved them through the door to get them out, they were causing quite the scene.” Payne chortled.

“That doesn’t seem to match your grin though. Because that get’s us nowhere really. So spill.”

“His parents were in such a frenzy over him being brought here in the first place. The lawyer was having enough trouble keeping the Captain from arresting them, the incompetent ass didn’t even ask for Brian’s fingerprints to be destroyed before he left. So somehow they found their way onto the database. Thus giving us something for the future,” she lowered her voice, “say with something like an FBI case for instance.” Payne snickered.

I whooped and picked Payne up off the floor and hugged her. When I put her back on her feet, I forcefully grabbed her noggin’ pulling it toward me and gave her a lip smacker on the forehead. “I love you. You are… Ow, what was that for.” I said rubbing my arm, fuck she hits hard for a tiny human.

“Don’t pick me up off of the floor like a doll asshole. And for calling me Shortstack earlier.” Payne scowled at me. I grinned at her, still rubbing my arm. I know I sound like a baby, but fuck, it hurts.

Captain Knoeze came out of his office spying us, “You two,” he bellowed pointing at us. We lazily faced him from where we were standing. “Alleged assault victim at the hospital ER. Go.” Then he stormed back in his office, slamming the door. Well, there goes that good mood. Something has put the wind up his butt.

Big first date coming up, I wonder what they'll wear? Where they'll go?? Ooh, could be first kiss???

Anyway, thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed the Chapter. Thank you to Rick and Rob for their unwavering support, yet again and making me look way better than I deserve.
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 67
  • Love 24
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Wonderful chapter. I think Ian and Adam will be a great couple. I have a feeling that the kid they had arrested for alleged assault, is going to wind up with charges against him by the FBI. Adam needs to keep his anger in check because if he blows up every time Ian is spoken to he'd be in for a rude awakening. I believe that Adam not talking to Ian about this will be more trouble.  Can't wait for more. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

This is awesome! I can't wait till next chapter. I like the evolution of their relationship and good for Potts! Hopefully he becomes a good friend too! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Butcher56 said:

Wonderful chapter. I think Ian and Adam will be a great couple. I have a feeling that the kid they had arrested for alleged assault, is going to wind up with charges against him by the FBI. Adam needs to keep his anger in check because if he blows up every time Ian is spoken to he'd be in for a rude awakening. I believe that Adam not talking to Ian about this will be more trouble.  Can't wait for more. 

 

Thanks Butcher56, I have a feeling Ian and Adam might have a few obstacles in their path.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
59 minutes ago, Rojmrc said:

This is awesome! I can't wait till next chapter. I like the evolution of their relationship and good for Potts! Hopefully he becomes a good friend too! 

 

I'm glad you're enjoying the ride with Adam and Ian. Potts does seem like a nice guy, I hope Adam and Payne let him in. I think his quiet compassionate nature would complement the two.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Another great chapter. Poor Stephen.. Finally the infamous burger is revealed! It sounds so damn delicious. Especially at eleven in the morning. I think I've got heartburn from reading it.

 

Try Denny's just alter one of their burgers and taste it. I used to get one every time I made it off of the island and went to town. Which was about once every six weeks. The Denny's on the way always made it for me. It's massive but delicious. And definitely take the pink drink with you. LOL

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

 

Thanks Butcher56, I have a feeling Ian and Adam might have a few obstacles in their path.

I believe you're right about the obstacles in their path, I also think they will overcome those obstacles. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Just now, Butcher56 said:

I believe you're right about the obstacles in their path, I also think they will overcome those obstacles. 

 

Hey, Hey, don't go reading ahead now. Stay focused. :P

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Is this before or after the Aussies have been over? Because that burger sounds very Australian.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

That was an interesting way to get rid of the kid – and even better that Payne was able to get his fingerprints into the FBI database! Maybe they can link him to other unsolved cases around town! Too bad they couldn’t get fingerprints from his parents too!  ;-)

 

People are just falling out of the closet everywhere in that town! Seems to be a statistical anomaly! Or are all of the LGBTQ people in Kentucky just gravitating to the one place?  ;-)

 

My fingerprints are on file in California because Republicans think that all CalFresh (aka SNAP or food stamps) and GA (General Assistance – cash loans from the county) applicants are criminals…

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Paqman said:

Is this before or after the Aussies have been over? Because that burger sounds very Australian.

 

It's way before the Aussie's got there, but it's one of my favourites when I allowed to have a burger.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

That was an interesting way to get rid of the kid – and even better that Payne was able to get his fingerprints into the FBI database! Maybe they can link him to other unsolved cases around town! Too bad they couldn’t get fingerprints from his parents too!  ;-)

 

People are just falling out of the closet everywhere in that town! Seems to be a statistical anomaly! Or are all of the LGBTQ people in Kentucky just gravitating to the one place?  ;-)

 

My fingerprints are on file in California because Republicans think that all CalFresh (aka SNAP or food stamps) and GA (General Assistance – cash loans from the county) applicants are criminals…

 

Sounds like a gravitational pull, I hope. Maybe. I don't know. Um... The closet came open and they all fell out??? Probably.

 

 

 

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Great chapter. Thanks   Some more of Stephans back story in addition to Adam and Ian.  Wade Potts could become another member of the extended family???   I hope Paynes dad is ok. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bndmetl said:

 

It's way before the Aussie's got there, but it's one of my favourites when I allowed to have a burger.

 

Just wondered, as I've had a burger there with beetroot, pineapple etc. That type of enormous burger is mentioned in Circumnavigation; it's an Aussie speciality (along with pie floaters).

  • Like 2
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Paqman said:

Just wondered, as I've had a burger there with beetroot, pineapple etc. That type of enormous burger is mentioned in Circumnavigation; it's an Aussie speciality (along with pie floaters).

 

I've never read Circumnavigation, and have no idea what a pie floater is. But beetroot is normal on any burger from a take away or fish and chip shop. Pineapple usually comes on a burger with the lot. Unless you request differently. BBQ sauce is also the regular sauce served on a burger too. As far as I'm concerned BBQ sauce and Mayonnaise are made in factories sitting side by side in hell. Yuck! LOL.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, glennish said:

Great chapter. Thanks   Some more of Stephans back story in addition to Adam and Ian.  Wade Potts could become another member of the extended family???   I hope Paynes dad is ok. 

 

Hey Glennish, it's nice to get a little more personal with Stephen, show that he's really just a poor scared kid doing the best he can. Wade could become of Adam and Payne's world, we'll see.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

 

I've never read Circumnavigation, and have no idea what a pie floater is. But beetroot is normal on any burger from a take away or fish and chip shop. Pineapple usually comes on a burger with the lot. Unless you request differently. BBQ sauce is also the regular sauce served on a burger too. As far as I'm concerned BBQ sauce and Mayonnaise are made in factories sitting side by side in hell. Yuck! LOL.

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pie-floaters/19fe25ad-7203-40ce-a4a7-e2f1821e791a

Pie_floater.jpg

Adelaide and Sydney apparently. Hope that hasn't put you off your food :-)  meat pie in a sea of pea soup

Been trying to find a burger place in London that does it with the lot, no luck. Did find an Australian restaurant that did the pie though.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Paqman said:

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pie-floaters/19fe25ad-7203-40ce-a4a7-e2f1821e791a

Pie_floater.jpg

Adelaide and Sydney apparently. Hope that hasn't put you off your food :-)  meat pie in a sea of pea soup

Been trying to find a burger place in London that does it with the lot, no luck. Did find an Australian restaurant that did the pie though.

 

 

I'm sorry about that, ick. Dear God, that's awful, it could put you off food for life.

Edited by Bndmetl
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

can't wait for more to come. Adam jealous, hmmmmmmmm, and now officer Wade is gay hmmmmmmm. I feel lots of juicy juicy things coming up. NOW, what to read until the next chapers  ;)

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

 Excellent chapter. I just double checked to make sure my cardiologist is in my current contacts list on my iPhone.  I feel like just imagining that burger puts me at risk. ;-)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Pea Soup Andersen’s is a famous restaurant with locations just off both US-101 (Buellton) and I-5 (Santa Nella) midway between LA and SF. They were famous for their Split Pea Soup. It was founded by Anton Andersen (born in Denmark) and his wife Juliette (born in France, the soup was from her family recipe) and was family-owned until 1980. The soup is now canned and marketed in grocery stores nationally.

766px-Andersens_restaurant,_Buellton,_Ca

Buellton and nearby Solvang (founded 1911) were the focus of a Danish colony of Danish-Americans and recent immigrants. Solvang is basically a town disguised as a Danish-themed tourist trap.

 

 

Split Pea soup looks disgusting, but tastes surprisingly good. It’s extremely unlikely that Pie Floaters are served at Pea Soup Andersen’s. It’s not a very California-type combination.

Link to comment

Ok...it goes without saying that we're all just oh so patiently waiting for Ian and Adam's date!!! :yes: But this was a great background chapter on first, Stephen's terror, and an intro to hopefully another 'family' member, Wade!!  Excellent...and drought, if the closet is opening and people are falling out with all this kind of love, I sure as hell hope they start falling out all over the world...heavens knows we could use a few million lessons in love and caring in this chaotic mess of hate the Trumpamorons have inundated us with!! :,( Anywoooo...:P...Love the chapter did i mention that?? :2thumbs:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Onim said:

Ok...it goes without saying that we're all just oh so patiently waiting for Ian and Adam's date!!! :yes: But this was a great background chapter on first, Stephen's terror, and an intro to hopefully another 'family' member, Wade!!  Excellent...and drought, if the closet is opening and people are falling out with all this kind of love, I sure as hell hope they start falling out all over the world...heavens knows we could use a few million lessons in love and caring in this chaotic mess of hate the Trumpamorons have inundated us with!! :,( Anywoooo...:P...Love the chapter did i mention that?? :2thumbs:

 

Okay, Okay it's coming, it's coming, :unsure: There certainly does seem to be a lot more to Stephen's story than any of us knew. It doesn't excuse Stephens behaviour, but it certainly does explain how terrified he is in his own surroundings which should be safe and comforting. I can't imagine having to live like that. Wade does come across as someone that Adam and Payne could turn their duo into a trio adding to their dynamic rather than them adjusting to have him fit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Some day someone should take your three stories involving Liam and Will and put the chapters in chronological order. I don't know if it would really work, but it sounds good to me. I enjoyed this chapter, especially the extra information about Wade and Stephen. The hamburger sounds interesting. It's like a combination of different burgers from Red Robin (a local hamburger restaurant). I'm not sure I could eat a whole one. No wonder Ian and Liam consider it a "hamburger fix."

  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, JeffreyL said:

Some day someone should take your three stories involving Liam and Will and put the chapters in chronological order. I don't know if it would really work, but it sounds good to me. I enjoyed this chapter, especially the extra information about Wade and Stephen. The hamburger sounds interesting. It's like a combination of different burgers from Red Robin (a local hamburger restaurant). I'm not sure I could eat a whole one. No wonder Ian and Liam consider it a "hamburger fix."

 

Sorry Jeffrey if it's confusing. It's because they were written after the fact. I hope Ian and Adam can stand alone a little better than Seb and Beau. If it helps, the timing of this chapter is about when the boys are about to be moving into their new house with Kat and Ollie for the first time. If you take off the mushroom it's a Hamburger with the Lot at any take away or fish and chip shop where I come from in Australia. It is a lot of hamburger though, you're right.

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..