Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 4,983 Words
  • 6,720 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 23. Chapter 23

Moving and Shaking

 

“Um…Will? Can you tell me why I just got an email from an art gallery in DC wanting to do an exhibition of my photography?” Liam asked me with a scowl on his face and a hand on his hip.

Shit! He looks mad. How do I explain this without sounding like an asshole that went through his personal stuff because that’s exactly what I’d done. Kat, Ollie, Mom and the Dad’s were staring at me waiting for an answer. Way to jump in and help me, folks. I looked at Liam for a second just blinking trying to think of the best way to explain myself.

“Well?” He said curtly.

I started nervously, “I… Umm…Well… Umm… At Christmas when I was going through the… Umm… forums about what camera gear to get you. Ugh!! There was a… Umm… competition for National Geographic. Well… they were umm… seeking high school kids to enter for wildlife photos. I love that picture you took with the Alligator and Ibis. And…and… you don’t seem to know… how good you are. I knew you would win… and…umm… wanted you to see how much talent you have.” My eyes were stinging, and I could feel the tears at the back of my eyes.

I fiddled with my phone and passed it to him so he could see the email I got last week while we were in Florida, announcing he had won first prize in his category and was the overall Grand Prize Winner.

“I sent them your email address so they could contact you directly after I got the notification of your win. Which is why the gallery is probably contacting you.” I said looking at my feet.

“Wow, you really believe in me that much?” Liam’s face and tone had softened.

I hiccupped as a tear fell and he wiped it away, “Thank you, Baby,” he cupped my face with his hands and kissed me softly, with a little bit of tongue. It was full of love, I felt another tear fall. “Hey, hey, why the tears sweet boy,” Liam whispered.

I shrugged, “I was all prepared for you to be mad I went through your photo’s. The relief that you’re not, I guess.”

He pulled me into a hug and murmured into my ear, “How can I be mad about you believing in me.”

“I love you, Liam, I will always believe in you,” I gave him a half smile.

Liam wiped away a few more tears and kissed me again. The family got up from the breakfast table and congratulated him. He was grinning from ear-to-ear.

“Come on you lot, we are going to be late for school. Yay first day back!!” He said the latter with all the enthusiasm of a dental appointment.

<>-<>-<>

Liam and I were sitting on the stage in the auditorium for the assembly, Beau was sitting the other side of me. Our sign language and speech therapy teacher was at the corner of the stage, signing all the announcements. I had already given my speech about the commencement of the peer anti-bullying program. I swear I thought I was going to projectile vomit every time I saw the football guys giving me the daggers. Not to mention the other five hundred or so students staring back at me with blank un-interested looks on their faces.

The Principal walked to the podium, “Thank you, William Blundell, I look forward to seeing what you’re capable of in the future and won’t be surprised if we see you as a candidate for President.” I heard the auditorium chuckle, “We have many talented students at this school whether it be academics, athletes or students of the arts.

This next young man has proven to be talented in all three categories. He has one of the highest GPA’s of his class, a star athlete who has attracted attention through awards and the media, he’s even managed to appear on the news with none other than William Blundell for helping secure the arrest of a theft ring of donated construction materials in New Orleans.” She turned to look at our two stunned faces. “You boys didn’t think I knew about that one did you?” The Principal laughed as everyone clapped. “Now Liam Sands has outdone himself again, he won the Overall Grand Prize in a National Geographic photo competition for high school students.

“He managed to win, five new Nikon camera’s for the school along with a dozen Nikkor lenses to go with them and twelve months free subscription to Photoshop. A brand new high definition video camera, and software.” More applause and whistles this time. “He has also been awarded an exhibition in a gallery in Washington DC for his photography, a new camera for himself along with free Photoshop for two years. As well as an invitation to a workshop with Ken Duncan. One of Australia’s best known and successful photographers. And a college scholarship.” The auditorium went up in a roar again.

“A framed copy of this print will be hung in the office for all to see, Liam would you like to unveil the photo, lifting the cover on the easel.” Liam stood and uncovered the photo. My God, it’s even more outstanding than I remember, the print was three foot by four foot. The only way to describe it is – Magnificent. I could hear the ooh’s and ah’s and one thunderous ‘Fucking Fag.’ The Principal ignored the slur and continued as she turned and nodded at Coach Ferrige.

“On behalf of the school, your teachers and your peers I’d like to congratulate you on your achievement and success.” The entire student body stood and applauded Liam as the Principal shook Liam’s hand. I clapped my hands too, but not for Liam, but for Coach Ferrige who was removing Gator from his seat.

Liam sat back down in his seat next to me, and I squeezed his shoulder smiling. I leaned over and whispered, “Congratulations Baby, you earned it! I love you,” He smiled at me and tapped my knee in acknowledgment. I’m so giving him a way more enthusiastic congratulations tonight.

“Okay, everyone settle down.” The Principal stated. “Our last order of business today. We will be trialing a program until the end of the school year integrating hearing impaired students into everyday classes here at the school. We’ve got the approval from the local board. One student by the name of Beau Morrison, the handsome blond sitting next to Mr. Blundell is our first student. He won’t commence until next week. However, until then, he will be running errands for the office, helping out in the sign language and speech therapy class and the coaches when needed. Please make him feel welcome.” She indicated for Beau to stand, he also bowed his head slightly and then gave a small wave to the crowd.

 

“Thank God that is over with,” I said to Liam as we walked out of the auditorium with a sea of students personally congratulating him.

“You’re not wrong. Hey, did I see coach dragging Gator out of his seat?” Liam asked.

“Mmm-hmm, he yelled out ‘Fucking Fag’ at you, the Principal ignored him, continuing with her speech and gave Coach the nod to deal with him. She’s smooth, I like her, dealing with a negative situation without drawing any further attention to it.”

Gator was suspended for three days, given a week’s detention upon return and the coach made him help out the baseball team as equipment manager for the season. It was that or don’t play football next season. That part I’m not thrilled about. Beau was recruited as the team manager and would train with the JV Team for the season so he could be up to scratch to try out for next season in his senior year to play Varsity.

<>-<>-<>

“Have you got the list?” I asked Liam.

“Yep, you sure you don’t want to come with?”

Deadpan and stiff I reply, “Oh, please, let me go with you to do the grocery shopping,”

Liam chortled, “That’s what I thought, okay Babe, won’t be long.” He pecked me on the lips and left.

It took nearly four weeks for the cops to give us the okay to finally move back into the house. The investigation is apparently stalled. They were pretty cagey when I asked questions as to why. I think they know more than they are letting on. I didn’t expect a lot, I’ve no idea what they could do there must have been a hundred people at the party that was thrown. The cleaners had been in and cleared and cleaned the place thoroughly. The flooring and carpeting replaced. Broken and ruined furniture, as well as the electronic replacements, had been delivered yesterday. Instead of replacing the blue-rays, due to Netflix and what not, Liam bought gym equipment and made part of the barn into a gym with my boxing gear included.

The puppies have grown so much in that time, and we have been taking them to puppy school. We finally settled on names, Cash and C.C. for Johnny Cash and June Carter-Cash. They are pretty good dogs, they’re house trained, they don’t jump on people or lick. They sit, stay, beg, lay and shake hands. The training is constant, but we have put a lot of effort into training them. We are still having trouble keeping them off of the couches and our bed, they both love to snuggle, and we are easy marks.

I fitted a slip cover to the sofa when the doorbell sounded. The dogs ran to the door barking. As soon as I opened the door, they simmered down. Sebastian, Katherine’s older brother, is standing on the other side. I unlocked and opened the screen door and stood back.

“Hey Seb, come on in. How’s it going?” I asked and relocked the door.

He stood in the middle of the living room with his arms crossed giving me a death stare. The icy cold reception was unexpected.

“Where’s Kat?” Seb asked curtly.

“She went with Ollie’s family to see his Grandmother, they’ll be back for dinner. Is everything alright?”

“How could you let this happen?” He asked staring daggers at me as he fidgeted from one foot to the other. At first, I thought it was his nervous energy, but now I realize it’s outright anger.

“Let what happen?” I have no idea what he’s talking about.

“You know what I’m talking about, I ‘ve come back to town for a job and to finish up my degree. I’m going to find a place, and I want Katherine to come stay with me, it’s not safe here.” Seb said matter of fact, no emotion but was chewing on his thumb.

“How can you believe I let this happen. We were all in Florida when they broke into our house, it’s not like we had any control over it.”

“That’s a load of bullshit, you should have taken better care. She and Oliver lost everything.” He roared.

“So did we Seb, when we moved in here, we put all their possessions on the insurance, and it was covered. So it can all be replaced. It was upsetting for all of us, and don’t think for one second I don’t feel terrible about what happened.” I’m starting to get pissed off now if he wants a fight I’ll give him one. I’m no longer a push-over. “We’ve installed an alarm with back to base, it can also be set when we are in the house, and it has an emergency code that we can activate, which automatically notifies security and the police. It can be operated from the front door or either one of the master suites. We also replaced the screen door, and we keep it locked. We have the two puppies which have just finished puppy school, and in a year they go to be trained for guard duties. What more can we do? Huh? Tell me?” I yelled passionately. I’m not going to stand here and take this shit.

“You know they targeted you guys because you’re gay…” he started.

“SO ARE YOU!” I shouted angrily.

“I’m not a high school kid am I, it’s a little different for me.” He said smugly.

“LEAVE! GET OUT!” I walked to the front door, unlocked the screen and indicated for him to leave, “I’ll tell Katherine to call you. Or you could call her on her cell.”

<>-<>-<>

Liam was running his finger through my hair while I lay comfortably, with my head in his lap after dinner, watching ‘The Big Bang Theory’ on the television. That Sheldon cracks me up, and Howard is ridiculous and gives me the heebee-geebees.

The doorbell went, the dogs ran to the front door barking, “I’ll get it,” Katherine called out, “Hey Seb,” I heard her say.

I sat up and got off of the couch, to get a drink. Seb was standing in the living room with Katherine, she had a huge smile on her face.

“Umm… Will, about earlier…” Seb started.

“Go to hell,” I said and continued to the kitchen. I started the kettle and grabbed a couple of mugs from the cupboard. I heard Katherine questioning him why I was angry with him. I heard him say, “because I’m an asshole,”

“Will…” Seb said.

I turned to face him and crossed my arms, over his shoulder I could see Liam leaning against the door jam watching.

“I should never have said what I did earlier. I… I… don’t blame you, I was scared and angry, and I took it out on you. I can see that you’ve done everything you can to make it safer here. You’ve done more than most people would. It was real kind of you and Liam to give them a home and put them on your insurance. I know you would never let anything happen to either Katherine or Oliver. Please accept my apology, it will never happen again.” Sebastian said apologetically.

“Tea or coffee?” I asked him.

“Oh! Um… Tea please, white and one.” Seb answered, “So are we okay, I don’t want it to be hard to be able to see my sister.”

“Yep, we're ok.” I sighed while grabbing another mug and went about making the teas. Seb left the kitchen.

Liam wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed the side of my neck, “Baby, why didn’t you say anything earlier?”

“I didn’t want to make it hard for Katherine. I can’t stay mad at someone who’s worried about their family can I.” I sighed.

“No I suppose not, but I don’t think anyone should get to be rude to you either. I love you, Babe, I will never stand by and let someone treat you badly.” Liam murmured.

“I appreciate that Baby, always the protector,” I smiled and leaned my head back next to his for a quick kiss, “I was mad, but after I thought about it. Katherine is the only family he has and vice versa, I don’t want to get in the middle of that. He still shouldn’t have said what he said, but he’s apologized so let’s just forget about it. Sebastian’s a good guy – most of the time.”

We turned the television off and caught up with Seb. He’s moving back to town to finish up his degree. He’s looking for a small cheap apartment or a room in his budget. Seb doesn’t want to move back home because he’s still not talking with his folks. He managed to get a paid internship with a local company to finish his practical for his degree.

Liam and I were on the couch with Cash and C.C, Ollie was in the recliner and Katherine was on the love seat with her brother grinning like a Cheshire cat. “I’m so glad you’re going to be local again, it’s almost like a dream,” Kat said smiling at her brother.

“I know,” he said looking at her fondly and holding her hand.

“What happened to your boyfriend, is he coming with you?” Ollie asked.

Seb’s eyes glazed over for a second and he looked away, “No… We didn’t want the same things, so we broke up.”

“What do you mean?” Kat asked sadly, “You guys have been together nearly all through college,”

“It’s embarrassing Katherine…” He paused and looked at his feet, “I wanted monogamy and to get married and have kids one day. I’m not saying I want it now or even in five years, but I needed for us to be heading that way. We had a disagreement about it. His way of dealing with it was to make sure I caught him in our bed with a TA.”

“I don’t know why you would be embarrassed Seb, that says everything about him and absolutely nothing about you. Plus wanting the things you want is all most people want in life. Hell Liam and I will probably be married within the next twelve months if he has his way,” I chuckled.

“That’s a guarantee!” Liam said firmly.

I smirked at him, “Nobodies asked me yet? You never know, someone might beat you to it,”

“Oh yeah, like who?” Liam squinted his eyes at me.

“Well, Scott Eastwood might come to his senses and realize I’m the guy for him. Ya never know, Katherine might kick Ollie to the curb. I have dibs by the way.” I said laughing with the rest except for Liam who was now giving Ollie the stink eye because he was blowing gentle kisses through the air in my direction and licking his lips.

“Watch it!” Liam said in a low growl, causing the rest of us to laugh.

“I love you, Baby,” I said smiling and leaning over the dogs to kiss him.

Liam stood after his kiss, “Who wants another cuppa?” All four hands went up.

“See I want what you four have,” he murmured sullenly.

“Not that I have any experience in relationships other than Liam, and of course Katherine…” I said.

“That doesn’t really count sweetie,” Kat said with a smile, “after you and Liam had come out to me it made so much more sense. You two are the cradle to the grave couple. Anybody who knows you both, can see it and knows that to be true. It’s also what a lot of people envy about you two, it’s amazing to be around. You both radiate love all around you, and onto others.”

I quickly wiped a tear away and cleared my throat, “Thank you baby girl,” Katherine smiled at me lovingly.

“Anyway, all I’m saying to you Seb is don’t give up. Don’t settle because you might miss your one, but at the same time don’t shy away from possibilities. You never know, it can really smack you in the face when you’re not paying attention. I went from straight one day, then it was like a switch flicked and I realized I was in love with Liam. The next day I also realized if it weren't Liam it would be another guy, I am 100% definitely gay.” I said winking at him playfully with a big smile on my face.

“I guess so, huh!” Seb said with a smirk, while I gave him a cheeky grin.

Liam came in with three mugs and handed them to the other three, and went back to the kitchen and brought back the other two cups and a plate with cake slices. Then pulled napkins out of his pocket and laid them next to the cake plate. I was on that straight away, Katherine had cooked it for us earlier, and she’s an excellent baker, Mom has been teaching her when we have brunch. She took to it like a duck to water. Every Sunday we get a cake or some cookies. Last week we were surprised with a treat – cherry pie, and it was mouth-watering.

“Mmm… where did you guys get this cake,” Seb asked as his eyes rolled back in his head.

“The beautiful girl next to you made it just before dinner,” Liam answered.

Seb looked at his sister, his eyes as big as saucers, “You burn water,”

“Aunty Kit – Liam’s Mom, has been teaching me to bake.” She said offended.

“Oh my God, it’s so good,” Seb said with a mouthful and spitting crumbs everywhere. Which didn’t go unnoticed by C.C, who was off of the couch cleaning them up. Once she couldn’t find any more bits she was trying to get on Seb’s lap in case she got lucky for more.

“Down,” Liam said firmly to C.C, “Bed,” he said and pointed. She went to her dog bed, circled then laid down giving Liam the eye in case he changed his mind. He didn’t, Liam then pushed Cash to join her, which he did begrudgingly. Seb didn’t say anything, but I could tell he was impressed with how well the puppies were trained.

Liam whispered a question in my ear, “Is it okay with you if Seb lives here so he can be with Katherine.” I nodded my head, and Liam kissed my lips gently.

“Seb,” Liam turned his body on the couch fully to face him, “I’ve just spoken with Mom and the Dad’s. You are welcome to move in here instead of looking for an apartment. There’s no pressure, I thought you could save some money and be near Kat, especially while she’s pregnant.”

“Oh, I don’t know Liam. It’s a very generous offer, but you guys don’t want me hanging around, and my life is different to yours. You guys are still in high school.” Seb said.

Well, you decided that for yourself, but we wouldn’t mind having you around. You said this afternoon you were worried for Katherine’s safety. Here’s your opportunity to be close and keep an eye on her.” I said to him and poked my tongue out at Katherine staring daggers at me.

“Look Seb, I’ll lay it out for you and think about it,”Liam continued, “there’s no hurry and no hard feeling otherwise. But there will be rules from the kingdom at our folk's house. They’re not hard, and their rules are no different to living in their house. The old farts are pretty easy to get along with. Plus your rules will be different from ours because you are twenty-one. Dad laid some out to see if you could live with them. Plus we also have some minor house rules.”

“O…kay, what are they,” he asked cautiously.

“Well, you won’t have a curfew. You are free to come and go as you please. We, however, have an eleven curfew on weeknights and one in the morning on weekends. You’re not responsible for any of us four or our actions, and you’re not expected to be a spy, Dad said you are quite welcome to say something to the parents if you think it’s warranted. If you bring alcohol into the house, you are responsible for it and are to make sure no one under twenty-one has any. Not without permission from the folks anyway. There are no parties without the authorization from them, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have friends over.

“We usually have a few people over if there’s a big game, or Sunday for a race or the football. I know we’re younger, and you’re not obligated to hang with us in any way. The folks come here one night in the week for dinner, and we have brunch at their’s one day on the weekend. Papi said it'd be good if you attend one or the other, because trust me, they’ll be watching your schooling. Doesn’t matter that you’re in College,” Liam said laughing, “and they also want to know if you’re doing okay and if you need anything.

“Now, house rules, there is the guest bedroom if you want it or if you have your own furniture there’s the spare room. It’s pretty big, Katherine can show them to you before you leave. Um… you’ll have your own bathroom, you’ll be responsible for keeping it clean, but if we have overnight guests they will use it too, and Will or I can chip in and clean it after they leave. We all cook one night a week for everyone else and split the bill for groceries. You aren’t expected to do that unless you want to do the same. We all help to cook on the nights the folks come to dinner and on the weekends we take care of ourselves or get takeout. Um… You are expected to pick up after yourself and not leave it for others to clean up. You do your own laundry same as us. Be courteous to those around you, anyone you bring into this House is expected to treat everyone in this house kindly as you would like us to do with your guest. Other than that it’s $50 per week and one fifth of the utilities, and one fifth of the food bill if you would like to join us for meals. If you buy something specifically for you, we have colored dots by the fridge, we’ll get you a different color just mark it with a dot, and no one will touch it.”

“Hmm… okay, what if I want to have a date over and cook for them or something. It’s not really practical. Or if I decide to have buddies over for poker.” Seb said raising his eyebrows.

“In that case just tell us ahead of time at least a day if you can, and we’ll make ourselves scarce or go out. We aren’t going to stop you from living your life. This house is plenty big enough for all of us to co-exist. You can also have overnights; we just ask you be selective after what happened recently we are a bit skeptical of who we let in the house as you can imagine.

“There’s also a gym out in the barn, and I see you still own your Camaro, you can park it in the barn next to the Mustang there’s plenty of room. The barn also has some tools out there if you need to tinker with your car. And you’re free to use Will’s workshop just not to remove any tools from there unless you ask him. And a word to the wise, ask before you even think about touching any of his wood chisels. Some are custom made, well once we replace them. I won’t make that mistake twice.” Liam said rolling his eyes. Seb laughed.

“I could definitely save some money by living here, and the rules don’t sound too bad. Being courteous to those you live with goes with having roommates anyway. And it’s not forever, I suppose. It’s not like I’m a party animal, I live a pretty quiet life, and I’ll be adjusting for the next few months anyway – working full-time and doing school work.” Seb was thinking out loud to himself, and talking to us at the same time, “Do you believe that it would be possible to think about it and let you know, I’d also like to talk to your folks before I decide anything.”

“Of course, I’ll call Dad and set up a dinner for you. Did you want to go by yourself or did you want Kat and Ollie to go with you.” I asked.

“I’m a big boy, I’ll go by myself,” Seb stated as he chuckled.

“I’ll set it up and send you a text, is tomorrow night okay?”

“Yep perfect. Thanks, guys, it gives me a lot to think about.”

<>-<>-<>

I lay on top of Liam naked from head-to-toe. I needed to feel his whole body against mine – skin-on-skin. He had his arms wrapped around my waist, and his feet hooked with mine. My head tucked underneath his chin. The pooches were asleep in their dog bed, and the alarm had been set. It’s amazing how much safer I feel now. I hadn’t realized I didn’t feel safe before.

“I’m not too heavy am I?” I uttered quietly.

“I wouldn’t care if you were. You’re not going anywhere,” he said kissing the top of my head.

“Hmm… Good.” I wriggled. “The farmer next door is going to mow an acre for us with his tractor sometime this week.”

“Really, how come?” Liam asked sounding intrigued.

“Once he’s done that I’m going to get that ride on mower going that we inherited with the house and mow a closer shave. Hopefully, the ground won’t be so bad we have to re-turf it. I’ll go and rent the equipment so we can makeshift a baseball diamond on it so we can practice or fool around at home.” I looked up at him. He smiled down at me.

“That’s a great idea, it will be just like that Kevin Costner movie,” Liam laughed.

“Oh bite me smart ass.” I chuckled. And he bit me. “You keep that up, and I’ll show ya a field of dreams.”

“Yeah!” He bit me again.

I then made love to him, it wasn’t hurried or frantic, but slow, passionate and loving. All, so I could leave a nasty big hickey on his neck. Hehehehe!! That’ll learn him to make fun of me and my field of dreams fantasies. When he saw it the next morning, he shrugged his shoulder and said to himself in the mirror smiling, “Totally worth it!” Drats foiled again. The bastard wore a Henley for the next few days to show it off. Mom saw it, and I got a ‘Gibbs’ for marking her boy. Liam just snickered and poked his tongue out at me. Jackass!

Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 51
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yay I got a double shot of Liam today😁 every chapter I fall in love with these guys more and more. Cash and CC are perfect names

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Great chapter, I'm glad they are finally back home after the situation they came home to. It's good that Katherine's brother is wanting to be protective of her but his mouth and actions were uncalled for, I mean how could he say Will was responsible for what happened when they were all together in Florida when it happened. I know he's apologized for what he said to Will but I think he needs to be a bit more reserved in what he says. I hope that Seb moves in taking their offer with the minor restrictions put out by the parents. I'm sure that the dinner he has with them will help him make up his mind about the move. I hope that I'll continue to see more chapters in the near future. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
50 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Yay I got a double shot of Liam today😁 every chapter I fall in love with these guys more and more. Cash and CC are perfect names

The names were a big debate, but once I settled on Cash and C.C. I was hooked. I also would like a Liam for myself. If I find a spare one, I'll throw him your way. :boy:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Bndmetl said:

The names were a big debate, but once I settled on Cash and C.C. I was hooked. I also would like a Liam for myself. If I find a spare one, I'll throw him your way. :boy:

Thanks of course Seb sounds mighty fine too😉

Edited by Wesley8890
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Butcher56 said:

Great chapter, I'm glad they are finally back home after the situation they came home to. It's good that Katherine's brother is wanting to be protective of her but his mouth and actions were uncalled for, I mean how could he say Will was responsible for what happened when they were all together in Florida when it happened. I know he's apologized for what he said to Will but I think he needs to be a bit more reserved in what he says. I hope that Seb moves in taking their offer with the minor restrictions put out by the parents. I'm sure that the dinner he has with them will help him make up his mind about the move. I hope that I'll continue to see more chapters in the near future. 

Although I think it will be good for Kat to have her brother there, I also think it would be great for Seb to have the safety net of some other adults looking out for him as he isn't talking to his own. I know he's twenty one and finishing college, and more freedom than a teenager at highschool. It's still not real a real world toughing it out experience for some. Up until recently he still had his folks to help him. I'm not sure what i'm saying came out right, because I am no way diminishing the experience some kids have with working just to be able to go to college and struggle through. GRRR!! I know what i'm trying to say but I can't seem to articulate it correctly.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

These guys are really focused and mature with the way they handle school and home responsibilities , I hope that if Seb moves in he fits in rather than upsetting the status quo. I would be riding the police for an answer after all they are there to serve and protect everyone, them being 'cagey' would not sit comfortably with me. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, deville said:

These guys are really focused and mature with the way they handle school and home responsibilities , I hope that if Seb moves in he fits in rather than upsetting the status quo. I would be riding the police for an answer after all they are there to serve and protect everyone, them being 'cagey' would not sit comfortably with me. 

I agree with you about the Police, but you know how they are with sharing information if the investigation is on-going. But I can assure you, you will have your answers soon. And I wouldn't be too concerned about Seb upsetting the house, he will fit in with their life quite easily. You'll have an inkling why in the next chapter.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The single year subscription of Photoshop for the school and two years for Liam doesn’t sound too generous to me. Five years for Liam as he proceeds through the rest of high school and into college seems more appropriate. A much longer subscription, if not lifetime, for the school would be much more useful since the school would be forced to pay for future years.

 

In the past at least, Adobe used to offer Educational packages that had the restriction that they couldn’t be used for commercial purposes. The cost, especially since they switched to an annual subscription model, has kept me from using Adobe products. Plus I’m more interested in desktop publishing and relatively simple graphics design and have found alternatives to InDesign and Illustrator that are adequate to meet my needs. There are only a few features in Photoshop that I miss, but they haven’t been essential. I do miss the very robust font handling features of InDesign though.

Link to comment

I think I know who trashed the house and also who Seb will start dating. Excited to see if I'm right. I agree with the earlier commenter that Seb was out of line. Glad Will gave him a taste of his own medicine.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Another great chapter, keep up the great work. The story just keeps you wanting more!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, droughtquake said:

The single year subscription of Photoshop for the school and two years for Liam doesn’t sound too generous to me. Five years for Liam as he proceeds through the rest of high school and into college seems more appropriate. A much longer subscription, if not lifetime, for the school would be much more useful since the school would be forced to pay for future years.

 

In the past at least, Adobe used to offer Educational packages that had the restriction that they couldn’t be used for commercial purposes. The cost, especially since they switched to an annual subscription model, has kept me from using Adobe products. Plus I’m more interested in desktop publishing and relatively simple graphics design and have found alternatives to InDesign and Illustrator that are adequate to meet my needs. There are only a few features in Photoshop that I miss, but they haven’t been essential. I do miss the very robust font handling features of InDesign though.

It's funny you say that about Adobe products, it's why I use my older version. However when I was using it the other day, it dawned on me how many add-on products I actually use through photoshop instead of photshop itself. And in hindsight I see you are right about the subscription lengths of the prize. I should have thought it through more.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Geemeedee said:

I think I know who trashed the house and also who Seb will start dating. Excited to see if I'm right. I agree with the earlier commenter that Seb was out of line. Glad Will gave him a taste of his own medicine.

I'm glad Will let Seb know he wasn't happy with the way he had behaved and didn't actually just let him get away with it - to easily.  I hope you're happy with who he's dating. And the who trashed the house will be revealed soon.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Just now, Bndmetl said:

And in hindsight I see you are right about the subscription lengths of the prize. I should have thought it through more.

Yes, but the people who give out prizes don’t always think things through.

 

I must admit that I was once given a polo shirt from Adobe that included my then-employer’s logo on it when I worked for a computer store. I think I still have it. There were probably only about 60 people who got them.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Dahawk said:

Another great chapter, keep up the great work. The story just keeps you wanting more!

Thank you and I hope you keep reading the story. The next chapter is a lot lighter than previous and is mainly just for funsies as the story has been getting pretty heavy with everything that has been thrown in their path.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Having another person in the house could add as much security as the dogs or the alarm.  The four high school students have the same hours in school.  Seb being in college will be coming and going on a different schedule which makes it more complicated if those who trashed their house try anything again.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..