Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 5,437 Words
  • 5,937 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 24. Chapter 24

Hey Folks,
This chapter is mainly about a comical baseball game. I just wanted a light fun chapter as they've been a bit serious of late. Not much really happens but there are a few nuggets, mostly in the beginning and end. Just thought I'd warn you that not much happens in this chapter except light fun.

Diamonds and Rings

 

“Congratulations again Papi!” I said kissing his cheek and wrapping him in a bear hug.

“Lord, I forgot how strong you are son,” He struggled to talk, “Thank you, my boy, once we have the adoption through everything will be perfect,” Papi said as he rubbed the back of my head. I released Papi and went for Dad.

“Congratulations Dad, how do you like being married, so far?” Dad squeezed me so tight.

“I love every minute of it. I didn’t think it could get any better, but I was wrong. Are you sure you didn’t mind not being there.”

“Of course not Dad, we told you before you left for Hawaii on your…” I tilted my head, “Wedding-moon.” I laughed, “that it was perfect for you two, to get married how you wanted. You’ve both waited so long to have this together. You didn’t need us, and I was right.”

“I would have liked you to have been there is all,” Dad said sadly.

“It’s more important to me, that you two are married and together than for me to witness the ceremony. You needed to do it, I wanted that for you. If we didn’t have school, we would have come. Don’t give it another thought, you look so happy.” I laughed as the happy tears fell on both our faces.

“I am sweet boy, I am. So what have you been up to this week, is Seb settled in?” Dad asked.

“All settled John,” Seb called out as he walked in the kitchen, “It’s been a relatively quiet week. Liam managed to kick his heroin habit while you were gone. We’ve convinced Will that morning drinks are not okay, and now he only drinks after five pm, we stopped Ollie from joining a biker gang, and we were all able to get my usually sweet-natured sister, to see that stabbing Ollie wasn’t for the greater good. All in all a quiet week I’d say. And I no longer eat cereal.” He laughed.

Dad bent over in laughter, when he came up for air he asked, “They coco-puffed you didn’t they?”

“You could have warned a guy,” Seb said laughing and slapping Dad on the back, “Congratulations, by the way, you too Bill.” He shook my Dad’s hands. “Come I’ll show you what the boys have been up to while you’ve been away. Kit you need to see this too. They used their time productively,” Seb said leading them out the back door as they talked more about us finger quote “kids.”

Instead of a house warming party, we decided to have everyone over for a cookout and invited Derek to bring the kids from the shelter that wanted to come and help us christen our new baseball diamond. It’s pretty rough, but we’ll still be able to play on it, we don’t need it perfect it just needs to do its job. Katherine spent last night baking cookies and cupcakes for today, with Mom’s help. So she managed to get out of prep work this morning, and we let her relax. She only has about eight weeks left to go before the baby’s due and is quite irritable these days. It’s best not to poke the bear.

The coaches arrived with Beau at the same time Uncle Ian did with Patrick and Sasha. We sent the Coaches and Uncle Ian out the back with a beer each and Katherine put us to work. No one argued, we already warned them, if they upset the bear, they get to keep it entertained and away from civilization for the afternoon. We invited Chandra and her family but they couldn’t they had already had plans. Michael and Jen came as well. Jen and I had been making more of an effort to get along now that she is once again part of our crowd. We seem to be doing alright. Michael appears to have mellowed her somehow.

Seb came in the back door, “The grill is ready to go, and Theo and Derek have arrived in the Shelter’s bus, there must be at least fifteen kids with them.”

“Really!” I smiled, “That’s great, it’s shaping up to be a good day I’d say. I hope they have a good time.”

“I’m sure they will have a great time, free food and a fun afternoon of baseball. What more could a teenage boy ask for.” Seb said slapping me on the shoulder, “I’ve shown the kids where the outside toilet is and to help themselves to water or soda no need to ask.” Seb laughed, “I still had to hand them a drink each anyway.” I saw Seb’s face light up, and he blushed, “Hi Beau!” We can’t get rid of Seb when Beau is around. I think he has a little crush on him. Beau waved and handed him a beer from the fridge.

“Thanks,” Seb said and wandered over to talk with him.

“RIGHT! THAT’S IT! All of you out of my kitchen, you’re all in the way. Here take this out to the grill, you bring this to the food table, so people have something to nibble on. Now GO! OUT!” Katherine threw her weight around handing each of us something to take outside, while we shot sideward glances at each other silently.

Shit! You didn’t have to tell me twice the bear has been woken. I’m outta here! We all grumbled as we walked out to where the picnic table was set up and the adults were chatting and ready to grill the food. Poor Ollie was stuck behind trying to calm her down. I had to laugh Seb and Beau were locked in conversation, oblivious to the rest of the world around them. They seem to get that little bit closer every time I see them together.

The coach leaned over to me, “Should I be worried about that,” he said pointing.

I shook my head no, “They’re just circling each other at the moment, but if I see a stronger shift, I’ll make sure Beau comes to you. I wouldn’t worry too much, Seb is a good guy and will treat him right if anything comes of it.”

Thanks, Will,” Coach Ferrige winked at me, “Oh! We grabbed the kit from gym class and put it over on the bench, I know it’s not the greatest gear, but there’s enough for everyone to play today. We also brought the ball counter and umpire gear,”

“You’re awesome, do you reckon’ one of you could be the umpire for us?” I asked.

“I’m sure we can organize something. You did a decent job, setting up the diamond with what you have here.” He said as Oliver came flying out the back door, and when I say flying I mean his feet did not touch one step. All eyes were on him when he dropped to his knees in front of Mom.

“I don’t know what I said Aunty Kit, but I woke the grizzly. Please, I’m begging you to calm the beast. Nothing I say is right.” Oliver pleaded as he hugged her legs.

“Lord child, don’t let her hear you call her that. Let me see if I can put the bear back in hibernation,” Mom said as she walked toward the house.

I put my hand out and pulled Oliver from the ground while I tried not to laugh. Poor chap looked shell shocked. “I can’t wait till the baby comes, I want my beautiful, loving, sweet and kind girlfriend back. A beast has taken her over,” Oliver grumbled with a sad smile.

I couldn’t help myself now, I cracked up laughing at his predicament. So did a few others, that were close enough to hear. Everyone knows but him he has a sleep deprived Katherine to come once the baby is born. Not only that, he has to deal with her while he is sleep deprived as well. I’m not sure how that’s going to go, but we’ll see I guess. Maybe us fella’s should get a panic room and not give her the code so we can keep ourselves safe.

Liam walked up and wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed the back of my head, “Geez, I don’t know who’s going to come off worse in that scenario. I’m glad I’m out here.” Liam said to us and shivered. Oliver shivered at the thought of Mom and Katherine going at it. “We should all go and introduce ourselves to the kids Derek and Theo brought with them, they look nervous and isolated over there.”

“Yeah, probably a good idea, although they are having fun with the dogs,” Oliver muttered.

We walked over as a group, the kids were playing with Cash and C.C, they all went quiet as we approached and the dogs ran to my side. Oliver introduced himself and then the rest of us. They were all wearing name labels so we could see their names. The dogs were a great ice breaker, and before we knew it, we were all joking and laughing together. I grabbed Pat and a quiet kid who didn’t say much by the name of Lee to help me sought through all the gear the coaches brought with them and set up the diamond. By the time we were finished the food was ready.

The adults sat at the picnic table or fold up chairs, the rest of us spread out over the grass and chatted while we ate.

“Hey Will!” Coach Campbell called out, “Where’d you get your little grandstand from?”

“Oh! Seb got the materials from work, and then we made them together for today, it’s rough, but they’ll do the job. Same as the diamond, nothing flash but suits our purpose. The team benches we got from the Recycle House.” I replied. We’d made a little stand that sat about fifteen people comfortably. It’s made of railway sleepers that we cut and bolted together from the materials Seb brought home. And the Recycle House is a consignment store where people take things they want to sell. You can find just about anything. There is a lot of crap there though, but every now and then you can find a nugget of treasure to serve a purpose. I’d also found two rocking chairs that I sanded and polished for the front porch.

“No, it’s a good idea. Useful anyway, you guys did a great job with it all.” He said back with a smile.

“Thanks,” I said smiling, and Liam leaned over and kissed my cheek, “Seb, did a lot too.”

“Yeah! Where’s my kiss, I helped make it possible.” Seb laughed, Beau leaned over and kissed his cheek, and we watched, Seb stop laughing, and his entire face goes red. “Thanks,” He muttered and looked into Beau’s eyes and held their gaze a little too long. Just long enough to cause soft giggling among the rest of us. Yep, he is definitely smitten with Beau.

So, guys how do you want to do this?” Dad asked.

“There are enough people that everyone can play that want to,” Ollie said, “Aunty Kit did you want to play?”

“Umm…” she murmured looking around, “I can be a scorer, I’ve participated as a little league Mom enough to know how to do that and Katherine can help me.”

“Great what about you Sha and Jen?” Ollie asked.

Sha giggled, “Uh… No. I’ll be in the cheering section.”

“Me too.” Jen smiled.

“I’m not what you would call athletic, I can be the gopher,” Michael called out.

“Okay, well we need an umpire, two base umpires, and two team coaches. We also need to decide two team captains.” Liam put out there looking around, standing behind me his arms around my waist.

“I think we should make Liam and Will team captains that way, we can separate them. They are too used to working together” Seb said aloud laughing. Unfortunately, he got a second vote and third, by then it was unanimous. Shit heads.

I moved away from Liam and grinned at him, “Oh! Your team is going to feel this loss for a week.”

“Is that right? You guys are so going down.” Liam retorted.

“I feel a bet coming on,” Ollie said rubbing his hands together.

“I’ll be the umpire and Coach Campbell can help all the kids with batting, pitching, and catching.” Coach Ferrige said, and Coach Campbell nodded in agreement. The statement also got him snickers from the gutter minded. Oh! Who am I kidding it got snickers from just about everybody.

“I’m sure John and I can manage to be base umpires,” Papi called out.

“Derek and I can be the coaches,” Theo said with a grin. Probably a good idea and would make the kids from the Youth Shelter more comfortable having a familiar adult bossing them around.

“Okay then, that’s settled. All you kids stand over by the pitcher’s mound. Coaches grab a captain each and pick your teams. You have five minutes. Then fifteen minutes to warm up. Get to it.” Coach Campbell said and we all dispersed.

Liam gave Uncle Ian his camera and the basic instructions, on how to use it. Then he and I walked to the mound with Derek and Theo.

“This should be a fun afternoon for everyone. I hope you don’t mind if we call upon you to do it again sometime. I don’t think I’ve seen any of them with a smile on their face this big since any of them arrived at the shelter. I don’t want to be a sap, but I think I could cry.” Derek croaked with watery eyes. Theo pulled Derek into a side hug and kissed his temple then gently rubbed his back.

Liam and I managed to even the teams out pretty well, we let Seb and Beau, be on the same team. It worked out that we had exactly enough for each team as a few of the kids didn’t want to play and were happy watching. Derek let them sit out but told them if they changed their minds to let him know. We separated and went to our benches. The coaches had put the numbered vests in the kit bag. Theo handed us each a vest to put on. Then he would give a list to Mom, so she knew who was who.

“Okay guys listen up, Will is going to run you through some stretching exercises. Then it’s a quick jog around the mowed perimeter then back here for some drills. They’re all yours Will.” Theo said to me as he sat down on the bench and was writing the list of players for Mom.

Once we were running through the drills, Coach Ferrige called out the five-minute warning. Theo and I were called for the coin toss, and we are fielding first.

“Right, guys gather round... We are fielding first. There are nine innings which means, you will all get an opportunity at bat and to field in every position. I’ve taped your positions to the bench for this innings. If you’re unsure of what you have to do; ask Me, Will or Pat. Coach Campbell will be instructing the pitcher and Coach Ferrige the catcher. All hands in.” We all put our hands in.

“ARE WE GOING TO WIN?” Theo yelled.

“Yeah,” “I guess,” “YES,” A variety of grumbles come back, I couldn’t help but snicker at how serious Theo was. I would suppose he’s a competitive person.

“Come on guys more enthusiasm,” Theo tsked, “ARE. WE. GOING. TO. WIN?”

“YES!” He got what he wanted this time.

“ARE WE GOING TO KILL ‘EM?”

“YES!” We all yelled.

“WIN ON THREE, READY? ONE, TWO…”

“WIN!” We screamed in unison checked the bench and ran out onto the field.

I’m right field this inning. We threw the ball around until the coaches had finished helping the pitcher and catcher. I’ve never actually seen a game from the outfield. It’s kind of cool, you actually get to watch the game, and at right field, I didn’t have to do very much. We came in close for the younger kids and went out for the older ones. It was great, calling out encouragement to the other players, watching as their confidence grew, the more they felt included. The more they felt included, the more they participated.

At the top of the first, they managed to get two runners on first and third base before the three outs.

We were struck out three for three. Theo was excellent with the team. The three that were struck out were a little sullen.

“Good job guys, you’ll get a piece of it next time at bat. You’ve watched baseball games, everybody gets struck out. Even the big guys. You’re all doing great. Now check for your position before you go out to field.”

I’m up as pitcher this innings. I waved off Coach Campbell off, but he explained to me that the strike zone for us players was pretty big and for non-players, they made it smaller allowing for more balls than strikes. I motioned for Michael to come to me while the team, threw the ball around.

“Hey,” I smirked as he approached. “Can you please get me a bottle of water and sneak me an apple from the picnic table.”

“Oh, this is going to be messy,” he was shaking his head and laughing as he ran off and brought me my goods. He was still laughing when he came back. He put the apple in my sweats pocket while he handed me the water.

Anyway, Beau was up to bat first. He got a strike on the first pitch, the next two – balls. On the fourth pitch, he got a hold of it, the explosion was spectacular and apple everywhere. He was shocked for about two seconds, then came charging at me while the catcher and Coach Ferrige were trying to de-apple their kit. I ran from the mound and while Beau chased me around the infield for five minutes while everyone else laughed. Beau was laughing too, I tripped, and he got me in a chokehold and gave me noogies. His actions causing a standing ovation for him. He bowed around to the crowd then went back to the batting box. He managed to get a walk to first base.

The next young kid struck out, his teammates all patted him on the back and told next time. Not to worry. I could tell some of the boys were getting discouraged. Which is a shame so early in the game, Seb picking up on this put the fun back into the game. His batting stance was comical, and a crowd pleaser I could barely keep it together while I pitched. On the second strike, Beau stole second base, the crafty bastard.

Seb got a piece of the next pitch I threw, it ended up in the outfield somewhere. He ran for dear life to first base watching the ball and rounded to second and then third. He caught up to Beau just before third base threw him over his shoulder and putting him down on home plate before he touched it himself. Beau and Seb were laughing so hard I thought they might wet themselves. Seb planted a chaste kiss on Beau’s lips then they held hands and jumped up and down celebrating the two runs while everyone else in attendance was still laughing.

Except for Coach Ferrige, who, raised an eyebrow at me and pointed as the two kissed quickly. I put my hands in the air and shrugged as if to say, ‘Eh! What are you going to do.’ It was cute, but what are you going to do. Beau is almost eighteen, and Seb is just going on twenty-two. And they look so happy when they are together. They got another two batters on base and then two consecutive outs.

A guy about my age named Jason was up next, took a bat and walked to the batter’s box.

“Go, Jason, keep your eye on the ball, Buddy,” I called out to him. He smiled over his shoulder at me.

“Come on guys, yell out encouragement,” Theo said to us.

I clapped my hands, “You can do this Buddy, hit it outta the park.”

Encouragements were called out the entire time he was at bat. He had a smile on his face the whole time. He managed to hit to the outfield and ran fast, he finally rounded to third, half the team were at third base screaming, “Run,” “Go,” “Go Home.” He crossed the plate, and we ran over to congratulate him. He had the biggest grin on his face. I could hear Derek calling out his congratulations to Jason.

Theo put his arm around him and gave him a noogie, “Good on ya, that was fantastic. Great job kiddo.” He said as he walked him back to the bench. “Who’s batting? Who’s on deck?” Theo clapped, “C’mon boys let’s win this thing if we lose we have to wash the bus.”

“I’m next up,” I laughed, “If we lose I’ll help with the bus, but I have to do the Mustang as well. So we have to win guys because I’m lazy.” That got me some groans and a slap on the back from Theo.

Ollie was pitching, I kept blowing kisses at him. The first few pitches came hurling toward my body, and he would laugh and call out sorry. He will be sorry. The next pitch met with the bat and was a grounder right at him, and he jumped over it. It would have hurt if it hit him. Anyway, I took off for first base, just as I was about there I was tackled to the ground. As I was falling I put my hand out to touch the bag and I heard “SAFE!” being called. Ollie had tackled me to stop me from reaching the base before the ball – but it didn’t work. I sang to myself in my head.

“TIME!” I called to Papi, “TIME!” he yelled.

“Ha! Nice try Asswipe.” I chuckled at Ollie, swatting at my clothes to get rid of the dirt.

“You’re not home yet Buddy Boy.” He said wagging a finger at me laughing.

I stole second base, where Liam was. He had a kiss waiting for me when I got there.

“SANDS, STOP FRATERNIZING WITH THE ENEMY AND GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME!” Derek yelled out to Liam.

“BUT HE’S TOO CUTE TO RESIST DEREK,” Liam shouted back and kissed me again. Yum!

I watched as Derek rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath while we laughed. The ball made a clang against the bat, and I went running, but Liam was holding on to the back of my pants so I couldn’t run. I was stuck on second base again, waiting for the next pitch. I heard Coach yell “STRIKE!” so I booked it to third base. I could hear Liam groan as I took off because he had let go of me.

I eventually crossed the home plate, with one of my teammates following close behind. We celebrated with a double high five and a jump to bump chests, we skipped over to our bench to be greeted enthusiastically by Theo and the rest of the team. Where we both broke into a little celebratory dance together. Yes! We are the very definition of dorks, and I’m okay with that. Makes life more enjoyable when surrounded by jocks.

The next few innings went by without incident, but we are definitely having the time of our life. You could feel the fun and excitement all around. Michael dragged drinks over to us and then over to our opponents so we could hydrate. The game had now settled into a game of rivals, and the pranks had come to an end. Nobody wanted to be stuck washing the bus. Everyone’s game improved as the game wore on. I’m not saying any of us will go to the major’s but, skills were improving. A lot of these kids had natural athletic abilities once they relaxed. The kids who didn’t tried their best and were given a lot of encouragement and help.

All in all, I’d say the day was shaping up to be nothing less than awesome.

We are into the bottom of the ninth, we needed two runs to win, and young Lee had been struck out. He was sitting on the end of the bench facing away from everyone, I could tell he was wiping away tears. I looked at Theo, and he gave me the signal to check on the young boy. I gently sat down next to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

“Hey kiddo, why are you so upset?” I asked softly.

He wiped away a tear, “I let everyone down, I always do,” he croaked then wiped away another tear.

“Oh, I can’t imagine that’s true. Have you ever played baseball before?” He shook his head no.

“Really? Every single one of us was struck out at some time today. And if I remember correctly you managed one of the runs we got. Well as far as I can see your naturally athletic, but don’t forget you're also only what 13 or 14?”

“I’m 14.”

“So you’ll be a freshman in high school, will you be going to my school?”

He nodded his head yes, “If they don't send me to a group home or put me in the foster system.”

“Did want to play baseball?” He again nodded his head.

“Well tryouts are the week after winter break, so that gives us, nine months to get you up to scratch so you can make the JV Baseball team. My schedule is pretty tight, but I can make some time to help you. It might only be half hour here and there until the end of the school year, and I don’t think Liam has much planned for Summer for us…” I said hoping to help.

“Is… Um… Is he your boyfriend?” Lee asked me nervously and pointing to Liam.

“Yup, gorgeous, sexy and he has brains too,” I said laughing, “What do ya reckon’ kind of hot?”

Lee looked at me shyly and chuckled through a, “Yes!”

“I’ll come see you tomorrow, and we’ll work through the scheduling, but only if you're serious about playing. I train for baseball after school two afternoons a week, I also box two or three nights a week. I jog every morning with Cash and C.C, I watch what I eat and drink for the most part.”

“You would do that?” He said as a tear fell from his eyes and he wiped it away.

“Like I said if you’re serious about it, I don’t mind finding the time. Don’t feel pressured into it, the decision is entirely yours. A couple things I can guarantee you are, playing any sport will keep you fit and healthy, it will be fun, you’ll find new friends and give you self-confidence.” I said seriously.

“Thank you, Will,” Lee almost whispered.

“Will, you’re up Buddy,” Theo said standing behind where I sat.

“I think I hurt my ankle Coach Theo. Can Lee substitute for me?”

“Did you want to Lee?” Theo asked him.

“Umm…” He looked at me, and I nodded, he then stood, “Yes Coach?” he answered as if questioning his decision.

Theo wrote on a piece of paper and gave it to Lee, “Give that to Katherine or Kit before you bat, and tell the Umpire you’re subbing for Will.” Lee picked up a bat and went off to the scorer's table.

“You’re such a liar, there ain’t nothing wrong with you,” Theo said giving me a sideward glance.

“Nope, but that kid needs someone to believe in him. To give him a chance and he definitely needs counseling. But most of all, he needs a stable home and people to show him there’s nothing wrong with him, to love him, and let him know it’s okay to fall down, and how to pick himself up again.” I sighed, “He’s way too young to be in that shelter,” I felt my eyes sting with tears a little. “Buck up young Will, he doesn’t need pity,” I said to myself.

“They all need that Buddy, it’s a shame there’s a need to have a place for kids like him. If I had one wish…” Theo let his thought trail off.

“He’s such a sweetheart, can you imagine someone throwing him away like he’s garbage, it breaks my heart,” I said sadly.

“Don’t tell Derek or anyone I said this. He was a rescue, Eric brought him in. He was in real bad shape when he came in. He doesn’t trust anyone but Derek. The fact that he opened up to you even a little means a lot. Don’t break that kids heart, follow through with anything you promise him.” Theo said his eyes watery. My head snapped up to look at him.

“You know me better than that Theo,” I was kind of wounded he would think that.

“I know Buddy, it’s hard to not be overprotective of these kids.” He replied and squeezed my shoulder. I nodded and called out encouragement to Lee as he faced the pitcher. He hit a line drive right past the shortstop and into the outfield. He made it to first base safely. Jason was up next and struck out.

The game ended, Lee walked back to the bench with a smile on his face. That right there is what I was aiming for. Theo had us all huddled together and gave a speech about how well we all did, how proud he was of each and every one of us. All the kids had a grin on their face even though we lost. We all lined up to shake hands with our opponents. Theo made sure we were to congratulate the victors and show good sportsmanship.

Michael was standing to the side with a box, “Hey guys, I have Icy Pops for anyone interested,”

We steered all the kids over to Michael as he handed them out. The players sat around on the diamond eating the treat, laughing and joking about the game, congratulating others on different plays, winner or loser it didn’t matter. Lee sat close by me, not saying a word.

“Hey Kiddo, come meet our folks,” I said to him and stood then pulled Liam to his feet.

We dragged him over to my Dad who had his arm around Papi’s waist as they spoke with Kit and Derek.

“Did you have fun Lee,” Derek said to him with a big smile on his face.

“I did, thank you.” He answered Derek. Then turned to my Dad’s and said, “Thank you for having me… us today.”

“You’re welcome Sunshine, but you should be thanking Will, Liam, Oliver, Katherine, and Seb. They were the one’s who invited you and set this all up. It’s their home. We’re guests just like you.”

“Sure Dad,” I said rolling my eyes, “Lee, this is our Dad’s, John and Bill. This is our Mom, Kit. Folks this is Lee, he lives at the shelter with Derek.”

“Nice to meet you,” Lee said shyly.

“Well, aren’t you the sweetest thing,” Mom said, “Maybe you can rub off on Frick and Frack here by teaching them some of your beautiful manners.” Mom reached out to hug him, and he flinched, just barely noticeable, but we all saw it. The look on the poor kids face when Mom released him was priceless. He was looking everywhere, but she and the blush on him was cute as hell.

“Yes Maam,” He said looking at his feet.

“Okay Will, go and get your ladders and I’ll find the car wash and some buckets. You guys have work to do.” Liam said rubbing his hands together.

Dad pulled me aside, “I see your ankle’s better.” He stated with a smirk.

“Yeah, we’ll talk about it later.” I smiled and ran to catch up with Liam.

Once the buckets and sponges were out, the losing side started on washing the bus. After about two minutes everyone was lending a helping hand winning side, losing side it did not matter. We all worked together and had it done in no time at all. And disappointedly no water fight.

Next time.

Thanks for reading, please let me know what you think. I appreciate you taking the time to read this story.
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 48
  • Love 15
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This was a really fun chapter, I think for a lot of the kids at the shelter this was a very pleasant experience. I think it may take some time to get Lee to relax a bit more and not flinch when someone gives him a hug. Since Beau is now with Coach Fergie and Coach Campbell he seems to be coming out of his shell compared to when he first arrived. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Paqman said:

Any significance to the underlined words ? 

They weren't there when I wrote it, so I have no idea what that's about. I think I might ask admin they should be able to tell me. It's probably something to do with the difference of formatting and editing through the site and word.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
41 minutes ago, Butcher56 said:

This was a really fun chapter, I think for a lot of the kids at the shelter this was a very pleasant experience. I think it may take some time to get Lee to relax a bit more and not flinch when someone gives him a hug. Since Beau is now with Coach Fergie and Coach Campbell he seems to be coming out of his shell compared to when he first arrived. 

I think he might end up being a fun character to have around. He seems playful and writes himself. I don't want any hang-ups on the fact he's hearing impaired and I won't be having anyone treat him differently. Except for signing or writing to converse with but otherwise, normal wisecracking teenager. I hope he becomes a favourite since he'll be hanging around, living with the Coaches, going to the same school and maybe the thing with Seb will work out.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful story.  Love conquers all, even with the occasional bad things happening, you are able to bring love, friendship, commitment, and trust, to the forefront of your story.  I look forward to each and every chapter and, no joking, I get a catch in my throat every time I see another chapter posted.

Please do not destroy this rare and very special dynamic story.

 

Love and respect,

 

                           Robert

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Well I think I see someone getting fostered soon. I never had to deal with being in a group home or fostering because I was taken in by family. But its hard. This is one of my favorite chapters

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, TIMMIGON said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for such a wonderful story.  Love conquers all, even with the occasional bad things happening, you are able to bring love, friendship, commitment, and trust, to the forefront of your story.  I look forward to each and every chapter and, no joking, I get a catch in my throat every time I see another chapter posted.

Please do not destroy this rare and very special dynamic story.

 

Love and respect,

 

                           Robert

You're very welcome, I love these guys they write themselves. At such a young age they've seem to have captured the true essence of what a relationship is. Thank you for reading it makes me happy you like it. And a big thank you for your feedback, it gives me the warm and fuzzies even when it's constructive critisizm, especially then because it makes me think more when I'm writing. Hopefully to make the story or the writing better.

 

Love and respect, right back at ya.

 

Joh

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Wesley8890 said:

Well I think I see someone getting fostered soon. I never had to deal with being in a group home or fostering because I was taken in by family. But its hard. This is one of my favorite chapters

It makes me sad, someone wonderful like you had to deal with that in the first place. Hopefully you were better off. I'm glad you liked the chapter. I wrote a little nugget into the story just for you in Chapter 26 I think. I hope you like it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Fun chapter! Sounds like a great day.

 

Question: Does Seb know sign language? Or does Beau respond by writing notes?

Edited by Geemeedee
  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Geemeedee said:

Fun chapter! Sounds like a great day.

 

Question: Does Seb know sign language? Or does Beau respond by writing notes?

I would say both Beau teaching him sign language and writing down notes. We already know Beau can read lips.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, MX380MAGNUM said:

I am loving this story and the people it in  makes me both cry and laugh 

Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying it. The boys are managing to surround themselves with good people.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Rndmrunner said:

A sweet interlude!!!!

It is a decently light chapter, just what the doctor ordered.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Another great chapter, the story just keeps evolving and i hope Lee is welcomed into the family the boys could help him a lot.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Dahawk said:

Another great chapter, the story just keeps evolving and i hope Lee is welcomed into the family the boys could help him a lot.

That would be great wouldn't it. He comes across as a sweet boy with really shitty luck and a horrible family.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Somehow I can't imagine that washing the bus didn't end in a water fight.  These guys enjoy their pranks and a little water never hurt anyone!

 

A real feel good chapter and I think Beau and Seb have some chemistry.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Yes - a real feel GOOD chapter.  It was a great day for all and - perhaps - bringing in another lost soul into the fold!!  Thanks for this great story. It's a real pleasure to follow the lives of all these characters!   David

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..