Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 5,289 Words
  • 5,453 Views
  • 41 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 35. Chapter 35

Day 4 – Without Liam

 

“Hello,” I answered my vibrating phone, sitting in the vet's reception waiting to pick up my furbaby girl.

Mr. William Blundell?” A deep voice asked. I gave my credit card to Lee to pay the receptionist and watched as he dealt with the payment while I talked.

“Blundell-Sands, but yes that’s me,” I corrected the name.

My records show a surname of Blundell,”

“I’ve married since then,” I told him.

“Right, okay, we’ll have to amend that,”

“Who am I speaking with?” I asked curtly.

“This is Agent Bellows, of the FBI. I’m calling regarding the case against your Grandparents and your Mother. I’ll be in town I was wondering if we could meet next Friday?” He asked.

“Um… yeah, I guess. Send me a time and the address you want to meet at, or we can meet at my house.” I said, At least Liam will be back by then.

“We can meet at your house if you like,” he recited my address being my Dad’s. I corrected him giving him my new address. In hind sight, I shouldn’t have because if Mom ever sees any paperwork, she’ll know where I’m living now. I’m not sure she knew I’d moved. As soon as I hung up, Lee came to me handing me my card and the receipt.

“They’re bringing C.C. out for us, but we still have to speak with the vet to get the medications she needs.” Lee smiled brightly.

We heard the excited clicks on the floor before we saw C.C, her face lit up when she saw Lee and me. I’m not sure who was more excited her or us. She’d bounced back so quickly. We loved and cooed all over her, and she got over excited, wagging her whole rump not just her tail. Once we calmed her down, she sat beside my leg and leaned against me, while I reached down and scratched her ears. The vet gave us the medications, saying she’d done really well, but to keep an eye on her for the next week. Watch her food and water intake, try and keep her calm, and she’ll probably get exhausted quickly for a little while as she recovers back to her full health.

I have never been so relieved in all my life, I took a selfie of Lee, C.C, and me, sending to Liam quoting, “We have our furbaby girl back!”

Liam sent a photo back of everyone in the workshop with him, jumping in the air celebrating. How cute is that? God, I miss him. Two more sleeps, that’s all I have to wait. When we got home Lee conned Seb, Beau, and Oliver into a game of basketball.

I quickly rang Callen and informed him of the FBI request.

“Okay, someone will be there with you Will. You know what, I’ll come up on a plane on Thursday morning, and be there in time for you to speak with the FBI. They won’t allow your Dad to be there, but Papi can he isn’t involved in the case,” Callen informed me.

“Why is Dad involved?” I asked.

“It’s all very complicated, but basically his signature was forged on a lot of documents. You’ll probably find he also has an appointment with the FBI that day also.”

“Okay, then. Um… you sure it’s okay for you to fly up here, your work won’t be pissed.”

“I’ll get your Dad to explain what’s going on, I’m surprised he hasn’t already.” Callen did sound surprised.

“It’s been a very long, busy, shitty week. I haven’t had a chance to really talk to him.” I answered, “I’ll definitely correct that tomorrow.”

“I’ll text you when I land and grab a cab. Make sure there are a cold drinks and sandwiches,” Callen laughed.

“Will do,” I laughed with him, “Thanks, Callen, I’ll see you next week.”

I read on the couch and cuddled with my furbabies for a while. I must have fallen asleep because I was roused by my phone vibrating on the table next to me. I didn’t even look who was calling, I just answered.

“Hello!” My voice was husky from my nap.

“Hey! Trouble how’s it going?” Coach Campbell asked snickering.

“Good,” I yawned, “Picked C.C. up from the vet this morning, just being overly cautious keeping an eye on her,” I said as I stroked her coat.

“That’s good news Will, I’m glad she’s going to be okay,” I could hear the smile in coaches voice, “are you available to meet sometime Saturday? We can discuss the school situation. Stephen and Jason will be here too, I think they’d be more comfortable if you’re there.”

“Yeah, I can do that, I’ll see you then,” I agreed, said goodbye and ended the call.

“Things are looking up, girly girl,” I said smiling and massaging her ear, C.C. rolled on her back, legs in the air showing me her belly.

<>-<>-<>

“Hi Gorgeous, I miss you so much,” I smiled answering the phone to Liam.

“Me too Babe, me too. This is the longest we’ve ever been apart since we met, I seriously thought bad stuff would happen if we weren’t together. It did if you include what happened to C.C. but otherwise smooth sailing.” Liam chuckled.

“Yeah, smooth sailing, I can’t believe we lasted this long if C.C. hadn’t have gotten bitten by the snake we wouldn’t have. Sadly she helped us see we could. It’s late my husband, and I’m tired, I’m going to snuggle up with our furbabies and get some sleep. When I wake up, I’ll know I get to see you tomorrow.” I smiled to myself.

“Okay Babe, I miss you too, and we’ll talk about whatever it is you're not telling me when I get home. I love you Mr. Blundell-Sands, I’ll speak to you tomorrow.”

“Whether you like it or not,” I chuckled, “Love you too.”

I ended the call and snuggled up with my furbabies either side of me, and within two minutes I was out like a light. I think I may have stirred once when one of the dogs hopped down from the bed.

<>-<>-<>

What a week!

 

Cash must have gotten back on the bed because my back is toasty warm with body heat, his head on my waist. I reached to pet him; since when does Cash have fingers. What the… I freaked and turned over in a panic. LIAM!!! I jumped on him, kissing his face all over.

“Babe, babe, I’m still sleeping.” He said all drowsy and gorgeous as hell.

“I,” kiss, “don’t,” kiss, “care,” kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, mwah!!! “I can’t believe you’re here,” Oh! Fuck here comes the waterworks. I bent my head forward resting it on his chest and sobbed. My body released all its tension in one go. Liam brought his arms around me and pulled me to him,

“Aw, Baby, what the hell happened this week, these aren’t the happy tears I was expecting.” Liam rolled me off of him to my side and hugged me tightly, rubbing my back, “Shh, Babe, I’ve got you, I’m here now. Calm down… Come on Honey, what’s happened?”

“It’s been a rough week,” I said trying to catch my breath. Liam still held on to me, “it started out with me finding Dad and Papi going at in his office.” I told him the whole scene from beginning to end. I couldn’t bear to suffer through alone. Now it’s in his head too.

“Ew! Are you serious?” Liam scrunched up his face, “Geez, that’s enough to send anyone into therapy for years. Parents don’t have sex,”

“We’ll trust me it wasn’t so much sex as it was…”

“I got it, bleugh, gross, move on,” Liam shuddered, “No wonder you're upset.”

I chortled and hiccupped at the same time, “Believe it or not, that’s one of the better things that happened this week.” I hiccupped again.

“Oh, my god, those albums we got for Lee. Mom” Hiccup, “is going to kill me. One of the songs, hang on I’ll get my phone,” Hiccup, I reached over and brought up youtube, and played him the “Gimme Head” song by the Radiators.

Hiccup

Liam laughed, “That’s so cool, and appropriately in our future, but… Yeah! If Mom hears that she’s gonna kill us,”

Hiccup, “Right?”

“I wonder if Lee will put it in my phone for me,” Liam said thinking out loud.

Hiccup,

“Babe,” Liam said pulling himself up in bed resting against the headboard, then helping me sit up next to him, “Hold your breath for a minute.”

I took a deep breath and held it, waited until I couldn’t take anymore and let it out.

Hiccup. I chuckled. “I’ll try some water.” Reaching for the glass next to the bed. I chugged the whole thing and held my breath again. Yay, it worked.

“That’s better, so what else happened?” Liam asked.

“The FBI called, someone is coming to the house next Friday. Callen is coming up on Thursday night, so he’s present, and Dad can’t sit in because he’s also part of the investigation now. They forged his signature on documents relating to me.” I fidgeted with the glass, “I’m going to see him soon, Callen said there’s more, and I should ask Dad about it.”

Liam took the glass out of my hand. Setting it down on the side table next to him, “Okay, well I’ll come with you to see Dad, and if they let me I’ll be with you for the FBI, but none of this explains why you seem so sad Will, what happened? You’ve been not telling me something all week, what is it?”

I sighed and curled into his side, and he put his arms around me, resting his head on top of mine. I couldn’t look at him while I told him what happened with Derek, I knew he’d be angry about it. But he’d be furious I kept it from him. I started telling him what happened, he didn’t let me finish before he leaped from the bed, opening and slamming the dresser draws as he got dressed one item at a time.

“Liam, what are you doing?” I asked stressed.

“Why didn’t you tell me. Derek is supposed to be family. It doesn’t even sound like he heard you out. Did you tell him how much hard work you’ve put into it? How many nights you’ve stayed up doing research instead of being tucked into bed with me. We’re going down there and sorting this out,” Liam barked.

“Honey, calm down. Can’t we have a shower and have a proper “Welcome Home,” before you go off half cocked. And we have to go to Dad’s,” I said moving to the edge of the bed.

“Fine, hurry up then, but I’m not done with this Will. This is about our future and what we are going to do together. He doesn’t get to dismiss us and our dreams. He should be building us up and finding a way to help us achieve what we want. The Foundation will only benefit the kids he’s trying to help.” Liam was still yelling while he walked into the bathroom angrily pulling his clothes off. He came back into the room, “I get that he’s only trying to protect his kids, but he’s supposed to love us too. We’re sorting this out now Will,” he said adamantly. I can’t work out which part he’s angrier about. Our plan for the Foundation or the way Derek treated me. I sat on the edge of the bed and sighed.

“WILL!” Liam yelled angrily from the bathroom.

“COMING!” I called back and strolled to the bathroom.

Thirty-five minutes later we were panting, lying next to each other, wet, naked and sweaty.

I rolled my head on the pillow to talk to Liam, “I think that’s the first time we’ve ever had angry sex.”

“Mmm, I know this sounds bad, but, fuck it was good.” He looked straight into my eyes, his burning like he could go another round.

“You like that new word, you’ve learned don’t you?” I chuckled.

“Huh?” He looked at me confused.

“The F bomb you keep dropping, Papi, told me you were good at using it. I didn’t believe him until just now.” Pulling his hand to my mouth and kissing the back of it.

“I’m just angry, sorry,” He looked sad.

“We better shower quickly and get over to Dad’s. I’ll piss you off tonight, and we can have another go around,” I laughed.

“Promise?” Liam smiled at me.

I chuckled, “I promise,”

“C’mon then, we’re going to see Derek first,” Liam warned me.

“Oh, Jase, Shane, and Cory are coming with him, guess who else is?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

Liam’s whole face lit up, “Benny’s coming. Yes!” He yelled jumping up from the bed and dancing, his anger forgotten at the moment. “I hope he brings the right pajamas.” He was a little excited. “We need to fight crime, we can build a fort in the living room. We can wash the dogs, we just got them those super hero masks, Babe, we can dress up. Benny will love that, He can be spider man. We’ll get Wonder Woman for Kat and Robin to go with my Batman for Oliver, and you can be Superman,” he sang and danced. He’s my big child, how can you not love him. “Ooh! Make sure you tell Kat he’s coming because she’ll make those cupcakes, she won’t make them just for me. Oh! This is going to be awesome.”

 

<>-<>-<>

“Hey Kat, guess what?” Liam said bouncing from foot to foot in the kitchen.

“Your back? Hello to you too, I’m glad your home,” She went over giving him a kiss on the cheek, when she turned around she no longer had Noah in her arms and Liam was holding him cooing.

“How the heck did you do that?” Kat was surprised.

“It’s my superpower, but guess what?” He said again.

“What?” She said rolling her eyes.

“Benny’s coming.” He said beaming, “Next Friday! I’m so excited.”

“Cupcakes?” She asked.

“Yes please!” Liam sang like the big kid he is.

“When Noah, starts eating solids and real food, you are not allowed to be in charge of his diet. Do you hear me?” She laid into him.

“I hear you, but I ain’t listening. It’s my job to spoil the kid, and that’s what I’m gonna do. Might as well make peace with it now.” Liam argued back.

Kat looked over at me, “I’m gonna have to love a fat kid with no teeth aren’t I?” she laughed.

“You would anyway,” She nodded, smiling in agreement, then looked lovingly at her son. “Don’t worry I’ll balance out his sugar and crappy food in take with lots of exercise and sports. Plus teach him to brush his teeth after every meal, especially when he’s been with my husband.” I laughed.

Seb and Beau burst through the back door kissing, saw us and stopped dead. Their clothes were all messy and buttoned wrong and their hair standing all different directions and laughing their asses off.

“What have you two been up to?” Kat asked suggestively smiling at them.

“Nothing,” Seb answered and Beau signed.

“Do you want some breakfast?”

“Yes please,” Again Seb answered, and Beau signed.

“You two better go and take a shower and change before we sit. You’ve got time.” I instructed them.

Beau took off, and Seb chased him. I love that those two are together, they’re always finding new ways to have ‘ahem’ fun. They’ve gotten so close, you rarely find one without the other, and they are always smiling.

I turned my smile to Liam for a second watching him with Noah in his arms. He’s so sexy with a baby. It suits him, he’s going to be the best Dad. He looked at me and smiled.

Hey, Babe? Can we…”

I put my hand up to stop him, “No babies until after college. If we’ve kept the dogs alive that long, we can have ten kids if you want. For now, you’ll just have to make do with corrupting young Noah.”

<>-<>-<>

We got through security and buzzed into the shelter, Jason was walking by and came to say hello.

“How you doing Bud, are you feeling any better than the other day,” I asked him.

“I am thank you, I have a meeting with Derek and some people on Saturday. I’m a bit nervous, they haven’t really said much except it’s about where I go from here.” He shifted his weight from foot to foot.

“Hey, don’t sweat it, I’ll be at the meeting. There’s absolutely nothing to worry about. It’s about school, I’m hoping to get you into to school with us. But I’m yet to know the outcome if you have to have any tests or summer school I’m happy to help you study.” I tried to reassure him it was nothing to worry about.

“Oh, okay. Thanks, Will,” he smiled nervously at me, “Um… I think Liam wants you,” he pointed to Liam by Derek’s office holding a box. I don’t remember him bringing that when we left the house.

“Ugh, I have to go, sorry Jase. Liam’s on a mission,” I said rolling my eyes.

He chortled, “Okay, I’ll talk to you on Saturday,”

“See ya!,” I patted him on the shoulder and made my way to Liam.

Knock!! Knock!!

Liam didn’t wait for permission he just opened the door and went in. I was hesitant to go in but felt obligated, Liam was supporting me. The least I could do was stand beside him. Although I’m worried what’s going to happen, Liam’s still angry. Equally at Derek and myself, Derek for being an asshat and me for keeping secrets. He still doesn’t know that I didn’t go to my one-on-one sessions with our psychologist this week. Well, I did promise to piss him off before we went to bed tonight. That should do the trick. Damn, I’m not going to be able to sit for a week. My poor rosebud is already a little wilted from this morning.

“Liam!” Derek said surprised, I think we might have startled him when Liam barged through the door, “You’re back early.”

Liam put the boxes down on Derek’s desk side by side. I now just recognized what’s in there. All my research and information. “I’d have been back sooner if I’d known what was going on,” Yup, he’s still angry, his tone a little more than telling.

“Look, Liam, you have to see…” Derek retorted back.

Liam blew out a breath to calm himself and then cut Derek off, “What I hope I heard was a misunderstanding. You shattered Will, you belittled our dream, our plan for OUR future. I know you love these kids and want to protect them, but we loved and respected you like family. You should have at least heard him out or asked questions, give him the love and respect he not only deserved but earned from you. Will has kept every single promise he’s made to these kids. Not once has he faltered or let them down.” Liam said calmly, his tone still had an edge to it. I’d never quite seen him like this. It gave my stomach that feeling of dread you get when you know something is going to happen.

Liam reached into one of the boxes and pulled out one my overflowing lever arch folders, and laid it in front of Derek, “This folder contains, a cross reference of all of these,” Liam said waving his hand over the folder inside the boxes. “You’ll find, they include research obtained from other shelters and what programs they run. The information concerning one of the programs we want to put in place regarding free SAT courses for kids in the foster system or from shelters. We were thinking of asking to run it here so your shelter may get recognition leading to better donations or some type of government funding. Another folder includes our project, the one he explained to you about buying small businesses and letting the kids learn skills to get jobs. One contains further contacts throughout the country for special programs that are already in place and can help these kids. I think this folder contains the financials and budget for our programs, how to expand and the financial projections going forward for five years.” Liam pointed to a folder. “Uh… This one is all about fundraising inclusive with contacts who have already done so previously for other charities. Oh and this one.” Liam said taking it out of the box, “This one pertains to the foundation, its structure, financials as well as the initial start up donations, and projections for the future. How and who will run it while we are in college. It also has all the paperwork to set up the foundation. The names of people who have already agreed to help us and what they will be doing, pro-bono until the Foundation is official.”

Liam pulled my two USB’s out of his pocket and slammed them down in front of Derek, he jerked at the force with which Liam put them on his desk, “These USB’s also have all of this information on them. They include three different drafted essays Will wants to put with his college applications. He’s decided to get a dual degree, in business and marketing for non-profit.”

Liam took my hand and pulled me toward the door, I was bewildered. I didn’t know Liam even knew how much I’d actually done. When we got to the door, Liam turned to face Derek, who looked how I felt, “We’ll need all of those back when you’re done, they are our only copies.” Then he quietly said, “I hope things can go back to the way they were before. Because Derek, we loved and respected you and I’d hate to lose that. And just so you know, we are far more than two high school kids from Kentucky, that got married at seventeen.”

Derek went to stand and say something, but Liam pulled me out of the room. I’m not sure he saw Derek was about to speak. Otherwise, Liam would have stopped to hear him out. I was a coward and said nothing. I was petty, I wanted him to see how it feels to be dismissed. Now I feel like a first class shit head, I don’t think that feeling is going to go away anytime soon.

<>-<>-<>

Dad went to show us into his office.

“How about we sit in the kitchen,” I said peering into the office and shuddering.

Dad rolled his eyes and walked toward the kitchen, “Your back early Liam?”

“Yeah, I came home to help Will with Stephen, and we didn’t know how soon they are going to pull it off. I don’t want to miss it. I think that me speaking up for him might be his best chance to sell it with the Principal and coaches, and with all the parents at the PTA against Stephen returning to school. If we get that far.” Liam said coldly.

“Everything alright son?” Dad asked as we entered the kitchen, “You guys want a drink?”

“Hello boys,” Papi said getting up from the table to greet us, “What brings you by?”

“Liam?” Dad asked again.

I grabbed a bottle of water for Liam and me, while he stood with his arms crossed. He was definitely in a mood, he didn’t say one word to me all the way here to Dad’s.

“Why didn’t either of you or Mom, defend Will to Derek? I thought I could count on you guys to make sure he’s okay, or I never would have left. I also know he didn’t go to any of his one-on-one appointments with the psychologist.” Liam huffed out scowling. Fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“What do you mean?” Dad asked looking confused at me.

“What happened with Derek?” Papi stood again and turned his attention to me.

Great, just what I need. I rubbed my eyes with my hands trying to think and buy myself some time. What the hell was I going to say? Liam stood there angry with his arms crossed. I’m thinking by the half scowl and half smug look on his face he’d done this to teach me a lesson.

“I’m not a baby you know? I can handle things myself!” I said dropping into a chair at the table putting the water down.

“Oh right and how are you handling it Will?” Liam huffed. I knew he was mad at me for not saying anything to him. He also knew I wouldn’t have said anything to anyone else. Sometimes I hate that he knows me so well. Liam’s face softened, “Babe, you’ve had a tough time lately. Panic attacks, you wear your emotions on your sleeve, you react differently than you used to. You’ve never been this sensitive before. We’ve had a hard year, but you can’t keep things from us. How are you going to get better if you don’t tell us what’s going on? I’m worried Will, missing your appointments with the psychologist wasn’t the smartest decision. Please don’t take this the wrong way, but maybe there’s a chance it’s just a misunderstanding between you and Derek. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll always back you up and support you, but maybe it was an over reaction.”

“Liam, just let it go, He’s made it perfectly clear how he actually sees me. Can we drop this and talk about what we are really here about. Mom and the FBI,” I said adamantly.

“Okay, we’ll drop the Derek thing for now, at least until the rest of this mess is sorted out. But we’ll be talking about this later Will.” Dad looked a little pissed with me too.

“Whatever,” Ugh! I hate it when people say that. I’m still reeling from Derek’s office. They all sat at the table. “Where’s Lee?”

“He’s in his room, I’ll call him down in a minute,” Dad said sighing.

Then continued, “Callen is going to try and have our interviews together. There are some things I haven’t told you yet. Like Cal is going to be our lawyer from now on, I’ve put him on retainer. He’ll also be the lawyer for the Foundation. Nearly all the work can be done from Florida, except for this mess with your Mother.”

“I gathered. From what Cal said on the phone to me when I rang him yesterday.” I waited patiently while Dad gathered his thoughts.

He blew out a breath, “I really don’t know where to start. Okay, firstly, your Mother, signed a lot of documents on your behalf when she had no right to. Your Grandmother left you a trust fund for College and her shares in the company when she passed away. You actually owned forty percent of the company voting shares outright. When the country went into recession roughly ten years ago. Your mother dissolved your college trust fund and put the money into the company as it was struggling. That wasn’t enough, so they broke up your shares and sold them. At this time, I was your sole legal guardian. You’re Mother had no authority to sign any of the paperwork. I had no idea any of this was happening. There was also no way for me to know about your trust fund and shares in the company. Your Grandmother died not long after we separated if you remember.”

“Holy crap,” Liam whispered frowning, “How much trouble is she in?”

“That’s just the tip of the iceberg, all of the promises Theo made to her to get the Termination of Parental Rights signed. He was smart, and he worded it, in a way they wouldn’t stand up in court, so they’re going after her for everything she’s done to you and Will, the false documentation to CPS, the false evidence for the sexual assault of a minor, attempted kidnapping, all of it. She will cop for the lot.” Papi informed us smiling. Liam's frown disappeared as he sat back grinning smugly in his chair.

“There’s more, and this I think out of everything your mother has ever done is the worst of it all,” Dad said quietly.

“How bad?” I growled, “What more could this woman take away from us, she robbed you and Papi of a future, she tried everything she could to break Liam and me up and to break me personally. Dad, I almost think she’s won. I don’t know how much more I can take.” I felt the back of my eyes sting with tears and a lump in my throat.

“She took your Uncle Luke away from you,” Dad said sadly.

“How is that possible, he died when we were like five or six. We were so sad, remember Babe, I think we cried for like two months.” Liam sadly slumped his shoulders, “God we loved him, he used to play with us, and our stupid make believes games for hours.”

I chortled, “Yeah, he really was a big kid. You turned out so much like him, it’s funny when you think about it. He was our favorite adult back then.”

“Yup,” Liam said with a sad smile, “What do you mean, you just said she robbed us of Uncle Luke? He was killed in a car wreck or something. She wasn’t driving, so how could it be her fault?”

Dad blew out another breath and looked over at Papi for support, “Your Mom lied to all of us, your Uncle Luke was never killed. He was gay, they shunned him from the family, and he moved to Australia for a job. So she told us he was killed in a car wreck hoping we wouldn’t ask any questions. And we didn’t. We all just accepted it.” Dad said.

We all sat in silence, letting the information sink in. What the fuck? How could someone do something like that? What type of person behaves this way? I can’t believe I’m related to her, it makes me physically ill that I’m connected to this, this, this, Monster, it’s the only way to describe her.

“She’s a psychotic monster,” Liam broke the silence, bewildered at the situation, “I hope she rots in jail.”

“Is there any way to get in touch with Uncle Luke?” I asked quietly, “I don’t want him to think we didn’t care that he was gone.”

We were greeted with silence.

“Tell him, John,” Papi forced him to speak.

“He’ll be at your place for the FBI meetings,” Dad smiled chagrined, “Your Uncle Luke is bringing his whole family here to Kentucky, from Australia, to help you with the investigation into your mother. He had no idea, what she had done. Luke just assumed we didn’t want to speak with him either because his only contact was through your Mother. If there was other correspondence, I couldn’t tell you, but I imagine her intercepting it isn’t too hard to believe at this point.”

“I don’t know what to say, I just feel numb. What are we supposed to do with all of this information? How are you with all of this Dad? How could she do this? I don’t even know if I’m angry, or plain happy because Uncle Luke is alive?” I said dazed and confused.

“Be happy your Uncle is alive, both of you. You get to have him back, focus on that.” Dad said.

Thank you for reading, and Rick for your insight, help and support. I hope you are still enjoying the story. I'm hoping everything will start turning around now for Will.
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 52
  • Love 4
  • Wow 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



More family!  ;-)

 

That means we could potentially get yet another side story! This time, one set in Australia! Luke and the Jackaroo?  ;-)

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, droughtquake said:

More family!  ;-)

 

That means we could potentially get yet another side story! This time, one set in Australia! Luke and the Jackaroo?  ;-)

 

Don't worry they aren't here to stay, they've come to help Will then they will be back in Australia.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Yes, please. And you can’t get much further from Kentucky than Australia (while still spaykin’ English)! It could possibly be a place for the boys to go on their honeymoon…  ;-)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bndmetl said:

 

LOL, would you like another side story??

I would but from the Florida Boyds😂

Angry sex is fun!! Liam is my superhero! Superhero onesie party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benny is coming yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bndmetl said:

 

I've kind of got my hands full now, let me finish Ian and Adam, get through the summer with the boys, plus I'm also writing something for Wesley with Benny. Then I'll let you all decide what I tackle next. The newly still alive Uncle Luke, The Coaches, Theo and Derek, maybe even John and Bill, they all have a back story of how they got where they are. There's also Stephens story or Jason's. Maybe we'll take a vote. LOL

I’ll let you choose the order, but those would all be nice.  ;-)

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Bndmetl said:

 

Funny, I was working at the Outback Steakhouse in Charlotte, I had to wait on a table of high school kids or maybe first year college. Anyway one got excited when I spoke, Oh my God you're from Australia. You speak really well, how long did it take to learn English!!!!!! I looked at her other friends, no-one could look me in the eye, one of the boys spoke up when I standing there kind of shocked, and he said, It's all reality, she really wants to know. I walked away shaking my head. I'm hoping she thought I was from Austria instead because otherwise, I don't know, that poor girl.

I’ve had the ‘You speak English very well’ thing too! Because only white people are ‘real’ Americans who speak real English (ie with the local California accent – which is not the fake Los Angeles ‘Valley Talk’). I’ve also had the much more subtle, ‘You don’t look like I thought you would’ from a (computer store) customer after we had previously spoken on the phone.

Link to comment

I don't necessarily think that the situation with Derek was a misunderstanding so much as not Derek not giving Will the appropriate respect.  Maybe Will could have stood his ground a little more firmly, but Derek did shut him down fairly abruptly.  It was nice to see Liam pile on the evidence that this isn't some quick, emotional plan and that they really do have the drive to get it done.  Maybe Derek can finally understand what he did to Will and start the process of actually being supportive.

 

Will has been a bit emotional lately and seems to be having some trouble coping.  Liam is right to at least acknowledge that he's having issues and might react a little strongly at times.  Hopefully over time Will is able to learn to cope, as I can't imagine consistent panic attacks and other anxiety to be good for him.  Liam is a good rock for him, but there will be times that he has to stand alone (even if it's just a week at a time).  This little separation didn't go awfully, but Will has definitely had a pretty bad week.

 

Shame to see what all Will's mother was capable of.  I know the main characters aren't hurting for money, but it would be nice to see them get to recover some of what they had stolen, even if it's just to help with their dreams and the Foundation.  Hopefully they can set some things right, as well as establish more family ties that were so wrongly cut off.

 

Looking forward to the next!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm curious -- how did she fake Luke's death? There's the obit that goes in the paper, and the funeral -- did she make up something about a funeral? Buy a headstone? Say he was creamated?

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
30 minutes ago, Acid07 said:

I don't necessarily think that the situation with Derek was a misunderstanding so much as not Derek not giving Will the appropriate respect.  Maybe Will could have stood his ground a little more firmly, but Derek did shut him down fairly abruptly.  It was nice to see Liam pile on the evidence that this isn't some quick, emotional plan and that they really do have the drive to get it done.  Maybe Derek can finally understand what he did to Will and start the process of actually being supportive.

 

Will has been a bit emotional lately and seems to be having some trouble coping.  Liam is right to at least acknowledge that he's having issues and might react a little strongly at times.  Hopefully over time Will is able to learn to cope, as I can't imagine consistent panic attacks and other anxiety to be good for him.  Liam is a good rock for him, but there will be times that he has to stand alone (even if it's just a week at a time).  This little separation didn't go awfully, but Will has definitely had a pretty bad week.

 

Shame to see what all Will's mother was capable of.  I know the main characters aren't hurting for money, but it would be nice to see them get to recover some of what they had stolen, even if it's just to help with their dreams and the Foundation.  Hopefully they can set some things right, as well as establish more family ties that were so wrongly cut off.

 

Looking forward to the next!

 

Liam being back, and Will's relationship with Derek would surely have to be on the way to repair once Derek reaches out after reading his research. I think Will should start getting back to his old self, with some more therapy and the conviction of his mother won't hurt.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I kind of get why Will didn't want to talk about it, since everyone was taking bets on when he would crack and seek out his strongest supporter, Liam.  He is only 17 and while super mature in some aspects, it isn't ever easy to open up when someone you have been disappointed.  Everyone could see that Will was having a rough time, but they all sort of let it go instead of having a conversation to see if it was more than Liam being away.   

 

I can't wait for the next chapters. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Oh wow!! Liam gets the job done immediately and with no excuses allowed!! At this point Derek is going to need a 'scope to help retrieve his head from his canal, because it's entering colon territory! Not exactly the understanding personality that these kids, "he cares so much about" need in their lives. But, Derek aside...can we be happy about Uncle Luke being alive and that beautiful relationship being repaired..Yessssss...can we hope that Will's 'monster' gets a hard 100, with a beat down every single day she lives! I'd like for her to be stripped bare and left to rot in her misery and evil...let prison be her therapist!! On to who's next on our "MUST HAVE" stories :yes:..can I take 200(votes) for 'Stephen and Jason' next, please Alex(bndmetl)!! :D Stunning chapter, once again sir...much thanks :worship: :wub:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Another great chapter full of resentment and happiness. I for one am very very happy that Liam is back early, this way maybe Will might start to relax a bit. This issue with Derrick was uncalled for because every promise Will has ever made has been kept those kids in the shelter are special to Will, Liam, and lots of others, they have it good compared to other shelters. I'll be extremely happy when Will's mom get sent to prison for everything she has done. I hope she's made to pay back all the money she stole from Will's college fund to his shares in the company plus what they would be worth at today's rates, as well as the interest he would have accrued to date if his mother hadn't forged the signature in order to cash them out. It'll be great for Will and Liam get to see Uncle Luke again after all the years thinking he was dead. I hope that the reunion isn't short and  they have a chance to get to know Uncle Luke and his family from Australia. I think Will needs to get back on track with his therapy and then he can finally relax after his mother is sentenced. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapters as you get them out. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
21 hours ago, Geemeedee said:

I'm curious -- how did she fake Luke's death? There's the obit that goes in the paper, and the funeral -- did she make up something about a funeral? Buy a headstone? Say he was creamated?

You have to pay to put an obituary in the newspaper, they don’t just show up. She could have said she didn’t want to/couldn’t afford to pay for it or that he didn’t want it to be published. She’s evil, she could come up with any number of excuses. The same with the funeral and headstone.

Link to comment
On 7/24/2017 at 2:21 PM, droughtquake said:

I’ve had the ‘You speak English very well’ thing too! Because only white people are ‘real’ Americans who speak real English (ie with the local California accent – which is not the fake Los Angeles ‘Valley Talk’). I’ve also had the much more subtle, ‘You don’t look like I thought you would’ from a (computer store) customer after we had previously spoken on the phone.

 

It is both sad and funny the misconceptions that we make. I used to correspond by email with a lawyer in Atlanta GA for work. She had a Vietnamese name and when we first had a phone conversation I was surprised, not that she spoke english well (Toronto is very multicultural), but that she had a southern accent!! She probably thought that I was the one with the funny accent - ehh!!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..