Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 6,019 Words
  • 5,843 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

William's Love - 8. Chapter 8

Home Today

 

Liam pulls the car into the driveway at home, turns off the engine, sighs, closes his eyes and his head falls back onto the seat. He looks exhausted, I feel bad because he had to do all of the driving. Not that he minds but it does take a lot of energy to drive for hours.

“Baby, why don’t you go upstairs have a quick shower and have a lay down. I’ll bring in all of the luggage and get a start on our laundry. Then I’ll have a shower and join you for a rest.”

Liam yawns and rolls his head against the back of the seat toward me and stares for a minute, “You can’t do all that with your hand, I’ll help.”

“Just go Dude. You’re exhausted and I have it under control. It may take a little longer but so what, I’m not some fragile flower I can handle it.”

“I know you’re not, but I want to take care of you and I worry. I love you Will.” His eyes get a little moist.

“All I want is to do the same for you. You have done nothing but take care of me since we left New Orleans. We are home, safe and sound so let me take care of you for a day or two.” I smile lovingly at him and lean in to kiss him. Liam chuckles and meets me half way and we have a nice soft, gentle kiss.

“I know you do Babe and thank you, as long as you’re sure I will take you up on your offer.” He says with another yawn, while he gently cups the side of my face with one hand, he then slowly sits straight up in the seat and looks at the house through the windscreen. “Well, welcome back to a new reality?”

“Umm… Do you think we have time to make it to Mexico before they miss us?” I laugh.

Liam laughs, “That would be way too much to hope for.”

We both head for the trunk of the Mustang, Liam takes out mine and his suitcase. He rolls them both toward the front door.

“Liam?” I call after him.

“Just these two I promise.” He calls back to me while unlocking and opening the door.

I take as much as I can carry in my good hand and follow him through and up to our rooms. He’s standing outside my bedroom scratching his head the two suitcases forgotten by his side.

“Uh!! Will, all your stuff is gone.”

He walks to his room, we both enter and look around bewildered. My queen bed has replaced his double bed. A single bed has been built above and over the top of the head of the bed like a bunk, with two new bedside tables and a lamp on each. Our desks have both been replaced and are now connected like a workspace with our computers on top with enough space for us to study. Dad has even put in a small filing cabinet with two draws – our name labelled on a draw each. Liam walks over to the walk-in wardrobe, all of his clothes have been moved to one side and mine are hanging on the other. I check the six draw tall boy, the top two had mine and his underwear and socks. The next two have our t-shirts, the last two have our sweats and any type of foldable pants.

“I think we just moved in together Babe,” Liam says with concern.

“Yeah! It looks like it, are you okay with this?” I ask scared of the answer, he doesn’t seem too happy.

He walks over and wraps me in his arms, “I am so happy, it was a shock is all. Are you okay with this?”

“Hell yes!” I exclaim and kiss him, he holds the back of my head and deepens the kiss.

Liam breaks the kiss, looks into my eyes holding the back of my head, “This has been the best and worst two weeks of my life. You are the best of it, this is a dream come true I don’t want to wake up.”

I smile, “I love you Baby, go shower, I’ll be in soon.” I kiss him quickly and go to the car to finish emptying the trunk.

 

I wake a couple of hours later, Liam is still asleep so I get up gently to not wake him. I move a load from the washer to the dryer and put another load on. The doorbell rings, it never occurrs to me I only have on a pair of boxers when I answer the door. Greeting me with sombre faces is Katherine and Oliver, they look down and grin.

I look down and realise, “Shit! Sorry, I’ll go put some clothes on and get Liam. Come in and make yourself at home.”

I run up the stairs, I had completely forgotten that I had text Katherine earlier in the day to come here with Oliver after school let out. I gently try to wake Liam but to no avail. I left him to sleep and find some jeans and t-shirts for us and lay his over the chair for when he wakes. I leave him to get back to our guests, now dressed but without shoes.

“What would you like to drink? Would you like a sandwich or something? We haven’t eaten since we got home at about eleven this morning, I don’t mind. Come on in the kitchen you can watch me slave away.” I say nervously to them and walk to the kitchen, they follow me but look put out by being here.

I open the refrigerator, “Drink?”

“Water please.” Says Katherine.

“I’ll have a coke if you’ve got one.” Oliver says, once I hand him the coke he continues talking, “What’s this all about Will?”

“Sit down guys, Liam is still sleeping,” I say out loud to more to myself, I’m so nervous.

“If this is about Katherine and I…” Olive starts off curtly.

I put my hand up to stop him continuing, “I meant what I said on Facebook, I’m happy for you guys. There’s no hard feelings I promise you. You’ll get no drama from me or Liam.”

I could see the relief on both of them and Oliver put his arm around Katherine’s waist, I smile and make my way around to start making some sandwiches and indicate for them to sit at the breakfast bar. The sit in silence for a couple of minutes while I work. It must be showing that I’m nervous, Katherine clears her throat.

“Sorry, I’m trying to figure out how to say, this. I kind of need your help, but I’m not sure if you’re willing. I don’t even really know where to start.”

“Will, spit it out. We’ve known each other a long time. Please I would like to stay friends.” Katherine says warmly.

I look up and see she is sincere. I put the sandwiches on a plate and move toward the table and chairs and give them the wave to follow. As we all pick up a sandwich and relocate it to the plates I have put in front of us, I clear my throat and look at them.

“Okay, well… on the road trip I came to the realisation that I’m in love with Liam.” I state and then pause for a reaction. They both stare at me and stop mid chew. Shit! This isn’t going to go well. “I had no idea it was sudden but now that I realise it, it’s not going anywhere. It’s not just Liam though if he weren’t here I would have eventually realised I am gay. I don’t know how it happens for others but my experience was quick like a light switch. I’m completely cool with this, I’m not upset about it, I’m not struggling with this fact. It probably helps that Liam loves me back the same way.” They continue to eat while I spoke.

“Okay… what do you want from us?” Katherine asks.

“Well, first things first. Do either of you have a problem with this?” I ask cautiously.

They both shake their head ‘No’.

“Our problem will be when we go back to school. We aren’t going to announce that we are gay and together, but we won’t be hiding it either. Liam thought it would be good to have a couple of friends who know about us before we go back so if it becomes a big thing someone would have our back. I thought of you guys. Oliver you’ve always been a stand up guy and don’t ever seem to have a problem with anyone, and Katherine, well, let’s face it you’ve always been a total sweetheart and I’ll always have love for you but just not in the boyfriend kind of way. Even though your taste in best friend leaves a little to be desired,” I say with a chuckle.

Oliver chuckles with me and she slaps him on his arm, “Honey, face it she’s a total bitch.”

I snicker and Katherine give me a resigned look, “I know, but I can’t help being her friend she’s a little bit of an acquired taste and we have been friends forever. She’s a little highly strung.”

Oliver and I scoff then fist bump, Katherine rolls her eyes at us.

“So do you think, you would mind helping us out? We’re hoping you’ll stay friends with us, I’m glad you don’t seem hurt by this Katherine.” I look at the hopefully.

I hear Liam coming down the stairs and his voice boom through the house, “Babe, Katherine and Oli…” he stops when he enters the kitchen wearing the clothes I laid out for him and sees they're already here and looks at me sheepishly.

“Don’t worry they know, I’ve already told them.” He let out a sigh of relief, walks to the table takes a sandwich. Kisses my cheek and sits next to me.

“So where are you up to in a plea for our defence?” He asks.

“Basically, waiting for an answer.” I look at the other two.

“Liam, I was real sorry to hear about your Dad. If you ever need anything or a shoulder let me know and I’ll be there.” Katherine tells Liam and squeezes his hand.

“Thanks beautiful, I will definitely keep you in mind. You are always such a sweetheart.” Liam says with a warm smile directly to her. I squeeze his thigh in support under the table. Katherine blushes a little and leans sideways into Oliver. “You two make a lovely couple by the way. Congratulations!”

“Guys you have our support, I can see you two wouldn’t be able to hide your relationship for long anyway.” Oliver states laughing and squeezes Katherine to him and pushing his plate away.

Liam pulls me to him and kisses my temple and continue to eat his sandwich.

Katherine giggles at us, “you guys are screwed.”

I roll my eyes, “I know.”

“So how did you hurt your hand?” Oliver asks.

We spend the next couple of hours telling them about the trip. I panicked when we got to the story about the alligator. I could feel my face go bright red. Liam is true to his word, he left out me wetting my pants. God I love him. When he hit the events of my hand, I could tell he still felt guilty. We told them about the news story and Dad coming down so I could be released.

“That was you guys. It hit the news here but it didn’t give any names and obviously you two couldn’t be made out in the background otherwise it would be all over school,” Oliver says in surprise. “Will you have to go back for court?”

“No, I don’t think so. We were only involved with the two original idiots and they rolled that night to catch all of the others.” Liam says.

The afternoon finishes on a pleasant note and they assure us they have our back. Mom and Dad arrive home shortly after they left. We help them empty the groceries out of the car. The even went by quickly and uneventfully. They told us Mom is moving back to Kentucky to live here with us and will be taking my room. Dad did lay down the law a little about us living together in the same room. If our relationship interferes with school he will separate us. The single bunk he installed is for one of us to sleep in. Yeah! Right, good luck with that.

The rest of the week went by like a blur, on Friday I went to the doctors to look at my hand. He took the stitches out and told me to finish the course of anti-biotics and I was done. Yay!

<>-<>-<>

The dreaded Monday is upon us. We stop by Starbucks and get a coffee and a muffin to take to school. As luck would have it we meet up with Katherine and Oliver. They're happy to catch a ride with us the rest of the way to school, which is where we go our separate ways because we need to speak to Coach Campbell before school starts. I feel nervous the entire way to his office. Once we get through the door of the locker room, Liam grabs me and pulls me behind the door so no one can see us.

“Are you okay? Are you sure that we should do this?” he asks nervously. At least I’m not the only one shitting bricks over this.

I look directly into his eyes and answer, “It’s the right thing to do Liam, and I wasn’t kidding about us not being a secret. I don’t want to live my life like that and we as a couple and as individuals deserve that much. I know it’s scary, but I think we should. I don’t want the coach blindsided. If he’s aware ahead of time he can quickly knock any problems on the head before they actually become an issue. Don’t ya think?” I cup one side of his face with my hand, “If you’re not ready then we don’t have to do this, it can wait. I promise it won’t matter, all I care about is us. I won’t let anything come between us. Okay?”

Liam’s smile turns into a grin, “I’m good Babe, let’s do this. I was worried you didn’t want to.”

“Oh… I didn’t say I wasn’t shitting bricks over it but I promise, I’m all in. Plus we apparently suck at hiding our feelings for each other.” I giggle at him.

He chuckles, the locker room is deserted, he takes my hand and walks me down to the Coach’s office. Liam knocks on the door.

“Yes,” Bellows the coach in annoyance at the interruption, but he still stands as we enter the room.

Liam opens the door, puts his hand on the small of my back and directs me into the office.

“Coach, do you have a minute? We need to speak with you.” Asks Liam.

“What is it?” he asks gruffly while sitting and indicating for us to sit down. Once he sits he continues whatever paperwork he was working on when we interrupted him.

“Umm… Well we thought we should let you know before the season starts that…” I look at Liam, for guidance and he nods at me to keep going. “Well, Liam and I are in a relationship together, we’re gay. Nobody knows yet, but it won’t take long for others to find out and we don’t want it to be a thing come baseball tryouts or through the season.” Liam squeeze my hand and smiles to me.

“Okay, is that all?” He barely looks up from his paperwork.

“Uhh! Yup that’s it,” I reply looking at Liam with a quizzical look on my face. He shrugs his shoulders at me.

“Alright, you better move your asses before your late for home room. And you both owe me an extra ten laps after gym this week. You’re looking a little flabby after your road trip to self-discovery. That’s all now git.” Coach didn’t even look up at us.

I saw Liam open his mouth to protest, I grab him by the arm shaking my head and get up to leave. He gives in and follows me. As we reach the door Coach looks up at us.

“Hey Liam, what do you think if I switch Oliver to first base and Trent to short stop?”

“Well, I’m not sure I would. Trent is lazy and won’t move for the ball but has a fantastic glove hand. Oliver also has a good glove, he is agile, will run for the ball and thinks quickly. It’s your team coach, I show up and do as you say.” Liam answers cautiously.

“Alright git, go!” I could see the coach smile as he put his head down. As we are leaving the office Coach Ferrige walks into his office. “Morning Coach Campbell?” he says. Coach Campbell looks up, his face brightens, his eyes twinkle and he smiles softly as he replies, “Hey there.”

Both Liam and I see this and come to the same realisation at the same time and say “Ahhh!!!”

“Move your asses, now git,” he says with amusement.

 

We only have the two classes together, so it’s not until lunch we see each other again. Liam is waiting outside the cafeteria doors for me. He bumps my shoulder on the way to the line, we chat about how our day is so far while we are waiting. Ms Abrahams the office admin lady stops and enquires how Liam is doing, he flirts and hits on her as usual then she waltz’s along her merry way. It’s always fun to watch, she loves the attention he gives her. Once we have paid for our lunch we sit at our normal table, Katherine and Oliver join us.

I feel as if people are staring at us as they pass the table.

“Is it just me or are people looking at the four of us as they pass by the table?” I ask looking around.

“I’m not really paying attention, but it would probably stand to reason they are. When you left two weeks ago you and Katherine were together. Now I’m with her and we are sitting at this table. We’ve all confused the crap out of them.” States Oliver while laughing and shoving food into his mouth.

I see Jen coming and the seat next to Katherine, which is in front of me is free. I wrap my feet around the front legs. She puts her tray on the table and pulls the back of the chair and it lifts but doesn’t move. She tries a second time and the same thing happens, now it bends and looks under the table.

“Do you think you could let go of the chair so I can sit down?” She asks impatiently.

I look and smile at her, “Nope, no I don’t think I can.” I then take a bite of my sandwich and smile at her sarcastically.

“Liam, tell your friend to stop being so juvenile and let go of the chair.” She demands with her hand on her hip.

Liam turns to me and says, “Friend, stop being so juvenile and let go of the chair.” He then goes back to eating his lunch it seems his interest has flagged.

I held tighter to the chair, Jen heard the noise of me moving and tries the chair again. Whoops! The chair no move, poor little Miss Whiney Pants. She looks directly at me with a face like thunder. I smile and shrug my shoulders.

“Liam!” she whines.

He looks up at her, “What? You heard me tell him.”

“Grrr, C’mon Katherine we’ll find somewhere else to sit. You’d think my own boyfriend would stand up for me.” She commands Jen.

Liam’s head snaps up and says, “Who’s your boyfriend?”

“You?” she spits out.

“Listen up Jennifer, you have NOT been my girlfriend for over a month. This is the first time we’ve spoken in nearly a month. You didn’t call me when my Dad was killed, nor have you made any effort since. I’ve moved on, I have someone else. A person I truly love, they were there for me, they are always there for me. So if you don’t mind don’t drag me into your shit, and keep the hell away from me.” Liam says harshly through gritted teeth and points at her the entire time. He stands up, picks up his tray, “Let’s go Babe, I’ve lost my appetite.”

“Okey Doke!” I smile shaking my head, “Well, we made it until lunch.” I stand and take my tray, Katherine and Oliver are laughing with me. Jen’s jaw has fallen to the table and her eyes as big as saucers.

“See ya Jennifer, maybe we can get together and compare notes. Yeah?” I laugh and leave to catch Liam. I can hear Katherine and Oliver raucously laughing at our exit.

I finally catch up with Liam and he is fuming, he is in full rant in less than a second flat. He is doing his normal pacing when he’s over excited about something. I take a seat on the bench nearby and let him get it all out. Well as much as he could get out before the bell. I do the occasional nod and “Uh Huh”, he finally runs out of steam and drops onto the bench next to me and rest his head back against the building and blows out a breath.

“Is that better,” I chuckle.

He looks to me and smiles, “I think so.”

I giggle, “You realise we were outed in the cafeteria just then. We made it to lunch time.”

“What! How?” his eyes get big.

“By you, ya goof.” I say laughing.

He relaxes, “Oh well, I guess it is on our own terms.” He waves his arm dismissively, “You’re not mad are you?”

“I told you before, I love you Liam and we’re in this together. Whatever happens, happens.” I smile warmly and rest my head on his shoulder. He tilts his head to rest on mine.

The bell rings, we stand and he kisses me quickly and we leave in different directions for our next class. I have biology and Liam has photography so we are at opposite ends of the school. On the way to class, I could see people staring and whispering. Oh here we go, this is going to be interesting. Entering the classroom the population of students all look at me and the room is completely silent.

“Well that didn’t take long did it?” I say out loud to no one in particular. I sit in my normal seat and my biology partner moves herself to the very furthest point of the desk. I laugh at her and say, “It isn’t catching ya know.” She scowls at me. “You’re ridiculous.” I say.

“You are going to hell, you are a sinner.” Babette, that’s her name, it would have bugged me all day if I couldn’t remember. Her voice is shrill and loud and most of the room is looking at us.

Mr Wright our teacher walks in the room and Babette the bigot puts her hand up, I see his shoulders slump forward and he says with impatience, “Yes, Babette what is it?”

“I need to change partners, I can’t be here with this… he’s a faggot sir.” She says with revulsion. I shake my head and look out the window.

Mr Wright’s eyes get big and he starts to say something but is stopped by another student. A small thin kid who I don’t think I’ve ever really spoken to before, he was a transfer student last year. Anyway he stands and picks up his belongings while saying, “I’ll switch sir,” he moves toward my bench but looking directly at Babette he loudly says, “I’ll be safe, when my brother come out last year Dad had the family inoculated and we’ve all been okay since then so, no fear of me catching it. See!” He holds his arms out and twirls around. Once he gets past her he snickers and takes the stool she occupied. Most of the other students in the class found him funny as did I.

He turns to me puts his hand out to me, “Hi, I’m Michael Jwendt.”

I shook his hand and sullenly reply, “Hi, Will Blundell. Thanks for that, it wasn’t necessary but thank you anyway.”

“It is necessary, I know you can’t fix the weak minded. But you can certainly put them in their place.” He says smiling warmly at me. I smile back at him.

“Ms Babette, please take your belongings and this note to the principal’s office,” Mr Wright says with distain in his voice.

The rest of the lesson went quickly and without event. As I’m leaving the classroom the teacher calls me over to him.

“Are you okay Will?”

“Yes sir!”

“I’m guessing you have either been outed, or you’ve recently come out?”

I nod my head, “Yes sir, my boyfriend and I were outed at lunch time today. Accidently by him, it’s not like we planned on hiding but we weren’t going to advertise it either. His ex-girlfriend pushed his buttons I guess.” I say with a half laugh.

Mr Wright smiles at me, “Are you comfortable with the situation? Look Will, I don’t mean to pry, I want to be assured you’re not in an unsafe situation and you’re happy. It’s difficult to navigate, what I can promise you is, it will get better. I’m the faculty advisor for the Gay Straight Alliance at this school. I also have contacts among PFLAG if you need it. That goes for your boyfriend as well.”

“Thank you sir, Liam and I are lucky. We have the support of our parents. I’m not sure if you’re aware but we actually live together with my Dad and his Mom. His Dad was killed in a car accident a few weeks ago and his Mom is moving back to be with him.”

“Oh, sorry, please pass on my condolences to his family. Which reminds me, you are the young gentleman that I need to give this lovely packet of work to,” he lifts his briefcase and hands me a thick folder of papers, “I’m giving you four weeks to complete these and return them to me, see if you can get some notes from one of your classmates to help with the work. Under the circumstances if you find them unco-operative let me know and I’ll see if I can get a senior to tutor you.”

“Thanks sir,” I say appreciatively, just as Liam knocks on the door and enters. I smile at him, “Mr Wright this is Liam Sands. Liam this is Mr Wright he’s the new Biology teacher. He’s also the Gay Straight Alliance faculty advisor. He’d like us to attend a meeting.” He shakes Mr Wright’s hand.

“O…kay… Why what’s happened?” He says suspiciously, and he takes his protective boyfriend stance I’ve seen it now a couple of times.

“Liam, please accept my condolences for your Father’s passing. If you need anything or are finding it hard to cope please come and see me, I’ll put you in touch with the right counsellors.” Mr Wright tells him.

“Thank you sir, it’s very nice of you to care.” Liam replies gratefully, “so what happened in class Will?” He asks seriously and his eyes boring into mine.

“It’s nothing, don’t worry about it okay.” I say with a smile.

“It is something Babe, I’ve heard rumblings already and it happened like thirty minutes ago. That’s why I came to check on you.” He states angrily, “I won’t have us pulled from pillar to post because of somebody else’s opinion or ideal of how we should live our lives. We don’t act any different to any straight couple around here.” I put my hand on the small of his back and he relaxes into it. I don’t know why this calms him somewhat but it does.

“Liam, I am about to go and deal with it at the Principal’s office anyway. I’ll give you a pass to your next class. Sorry I’ve kept you but I wanted to be sure of Will’s state of mind before I released him into the zoo out there.” Mr Wright ushered us through into the hallway.

We are walking down the hallway to Calculus together; Liam insists I tell him what happened in the class. Before I could finish, he takes my hand and drags me with him. We are going in the wrong direction for Calculus. I realise we are heading to the Admin Building. He is so angry I need to calm him down.

“Baby, what are you doing?” I ask as I try to keep up with him.

“I’m not having this, we are out now. And they are going to know from the beginning we are going to stand up for ourselves and be treated the same as all the other students.” His lips fall into a straight line and are white with anger. I have no choice but to follow and keep him out of trouble – Hopefully.

Liam went directly to Ms Abrahams with a smile. “Hi there Ms Abrahams, how are things with your new beau?” She touches her hair to make sure it’s place and smiles at him.

“Oh Mr Sands you are a charmer,” she says flirting with him. I’m quickly texting Mom and Dad asking them to get down here before Liam gets us suspended.

“Is Mr Wright still with the Principal?”

“Yes he is, but you can’t…”

“Thanks beautiful!” he exclaims winking at her.

He takes my hand again and drags me to the office, Liam knocks and walks straight in. I can hear Ms Abrahams behind us urging us not to interrupt. Once we are in the office, Liam shuts the door. Looking around by the smug look on Babette’s face she is getting away with her behaviour.

“Boys!” the Principal’s words booms in surprise, “What’s the meaning of this interruption?”

“What are you going to do about this girl and her publicly bigoted comments toward Will?” Liam booms back at the Principal; pointing at Babette. He’s pretty angry, this isn’t normal for him. He’s usually very even tempered and it takes a lot to make him mad let alone this angry. I can actually see the vein in his temple pulsating. We are so screwed, I would have been happy to just let it go but Liam is not. I will stand by him if it means this much to him. I have no time to waste on people who are ready to judge me on who I love, plain and simple. It seems to mean something to him so I will support him, as I promised I would, no matter what.

I hold his arm, “Maybe we should go?”

“No Will, she outed you to an entire class without a conscious thought as to how it would affect you. She seems to think her opinions outweigh your rights. This is a public school, there are bullying policies in place. This is nothing but a blatant attempt to spread her bigotry. I won’t ever let you be treated this way.”

“Maybe you should do what your “Boyfriend” tells you to do.” The Principal uses the hand quotes for boyfriend the old fart. Okay now I’m a little pissed. And don’t think I missed the look on Mr Wrights face when he did this. I let go of Liam and joined his protective stance.

“Ex..cuse me?” I spit out at the Principal. I look and Babette is grinning wildly, I look over to her, “I wouldn’t grin to wildly if I were you Babette, you’re about to be dealt your fate. Not everyone is as bigoted as you, and I guarantee you are about to be wearing the grin on the other side of your face.”

“I could say the same for you Mr Blundell, because of your life choices you will no longer be allowed into the locker room for gym which will give you a fail. Not mention baseball and you can kiss any scholarships for college goodbye when we notify them. So that will be enough from you,” the Principal commands. “You don’t have the right to come in here and throw your weight around. I suggest you boys wait outside and I will deal with you in a minute.” He points at the door demanding we leave.

Mr Wright turns to me and gently says, “Guys, wait outside and let me deal with this – Please.”

I take Liam’s hand and turn to leave, with him trailing, “This isn’t the end.”

“OUT!” The Principal yells and points to the door.

I sit on the bench outside the office on the bench. Liam is paces up and down, mumbling. What the hell have we done? This is so much worse, sometimes I can be my own worst enemy and now both Liam and I are facing trouble. I should have stopped him when we were on our way here. I voice this to him as he paces. He stops, plops down next to me looking intensely into my eyes.

“Babe, I was coming here with or without you. I’m knocking this shit on the head now. We aren’t going to let people determine our lives, especially those bigoted assholes in that office. All we want is to be left alone and to be the same as the other couples in school. It’s not a lot to ask for, we aren’t asking for special treatment. What she did today is a form of discrimination and bullying. I won’t stand for it, and I won’t have anyone ever treat you badly.” He cups the sides of my face and gives me a quick kiss.

I smile softly at him, “I love you so much”

He strokes my cheek with his thumb, “I love you too Babe.”

Dad walks in the office and Mom follows. She looks pissed.

“Liam what in the name of the devil is going on here?” Mom demands.

Liam re-tells her the entire time line of events. He then lets her know what he was trying to achieve with his bull in a china shop reaction. Okay I was wrong, Mom looked unhappy, now she looks pissed, I’m even to scared to open my mouth.

“You boys sit there and DON’T move,” she raises her voice.

She then busts into the Principal’s Office with Dad in tow, I could see a little grin on his face. We could hear Mom’s voice through the door but not make out what she is saying. Two minutes later, Babette comes rushing out of the door in tears and sits down one bench over. I lean forward and I’m about to ask if she’s okay but Liam stops me. This is way out of hand now, well with the exception of what the Principal said I hope for Liam’s sake he doesn’t get away with it.

Mom and Dad storm out of the office and she points to the door outside the admin office.

“Boys get your books and what you need for your homework and get your hind ends home now.” She says curtly.

We didn’t argue, up we get and move our hind ends. As we walk out of the of the admin doors, Babette’s father pushes the door into me. Liam spins around; I grab his arm and pull him with me. Mom saw it happen; the last thing I hear is her voice ripping the man to shreds. Shit! What a day, this is too much for me.

Thanks for reading, please keep up the feedback.
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 52
  • Love 6
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow! What a first day back at school! Considering the coaches are gay and they have the teacher that's head of the gay/straight alliance in their side, the bigoted principle doesn't stand a chance. Hope he's tossed out on his ass.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Sounds like Babette is Sasha's sister (from Unexpected). Happy Will and Liam have so much support from teachers, students and parents. I hope the principle is tossed out on his ass as well. Any person with that much hate should not be allowed to be in a position of authority, especially in a school setting. Don't think this is quite what the boys were expecting for their first day, but life has a habit of messing with plans,

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/31/2017 11:00 PM, Petey said:

Sounds like Babette is Sasha's sister (from Unexpected). Happy Will and Liam have so much support from teachers, students and parents. I hope the principle is tossed out on his ass as well. Any person with that much hate should not be allowed to be in a position of authority, especially in a school setting. Don't think this is quite what the boys were expecting for their first day, but life has a habit of messing with plans,

There is one everywhere you go, I happen to have one in the immediate family. I have no time for hateful people.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Mama bear to the rescue! Wonder what was said for little miss high and !mighty to cry. That principal is just horrible. Love the coaches and the new teacher. Michael is awesome hope we see more of him. Can't wait for the next chapter!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

OMG! I thought the other chapters were excellent but damn.
This chapter has me all juiced up. I wanna go down to
that school and rip so ass. I hate when ANYONE is treated
poorly or differently just because of what they look like,
who they are or who they love
I can't wait for the next few chapters.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Drama: zero to one hundred in one chapter. Great story but everything is all or nothing, acceptance or rejection, love or hate. Where are the moderates somewhere in between: confused but open minded. Allow room for pop,e to grow and adjust. Take the story from good to fantastic

  • Like 2
Link to comment

My first review of your story and it is GREAT! I have been tearing up a bit/lot in almost every chapter. I think it is wonderful that the guys have figured out their true feelings for each other. It was sad for Liam to loose his dad so suddenly, but to have Wills love and support for him was heart warming. The parents love and support is such a wonderful thing to see. Oliver and Kathrine being suportive is also a great starting place for schoolmates. The coaches and biology teacher also. There will always be a Michael and a Babbett in every crowd... some will activly help, some will activly hate and some will just go with the flow, that is the world we live in. Liams mom is a mama bear on a rampage. Her cubs are her world and Wills dad will be right there to help shread the carcass of the principal. If the school board does not replace him I hope they have VERY deep pockets...... The boys will have interesting times ahead and I look forward to reading about their trials and tribulations as they move forward in their lives. I am a hopless romantic so I do hope they continue to be true to each other and live the good and weather the bad as life moves on.......

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well that first day back and they made it to lunch and it really escalated from there.  I wonder if the school board backs the principal or if he and they see the light before the lawyers get into it...?

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well that went well!!!   We've witnessed Pappa Bear's influence but I surmise that will be small potatoes when compared to the wrath Mamma Bear will bring forth!  The Principal might want to polish up his resume.  Another great chapter bndmetl !

  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I still don't understand some people and even when I see it in print (fictional account) this kind of behavior infuriates me.

 

I did enjoy the chapter and on to the next chapter.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..