Jump to content
    Cailen
  • Author
  • 615 Words
  • 1,428 Views
  • 14 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Wedding Vows - 1. My Wedding Vows

A~ Today is Sunday August 13th 2004, I have just finished making you a chicken parmesan dinner with tomato alfredo pasta and you got tired and decided to take a nap, so I came over to my computer and decided to write something… something incredible… I decided to write my wedding vows. I know that we’ll probably not get married for many years but my plan is that if I write this now perhaps in a few years my words might have new meaning.

Recently I went home because I needed money and my parents were willing and able to bail me out of my problem and my mother told me to set some goals for myself and after a tear filled afternoon and heartfelt conversation later my mother asked me to set some goals for myself, my goal I decided was to be able to read this letter no matter what. Currently we’re cleaning our apartment because our landlord is going to start showing it to new people, I am looking for a job and you started working for UPS a few weeks ago.

We don’t have another place to go… and our cupboards are bare, and have been for several weeks now. Our roommate walked out on us months ago and I’m over three thousand dollars in debt. If I’m reading this to you now it means that we made it… and though I fight back tears writing this… I know that the tears from my eyes will be ones of joy, because that means that we made it and we’re still together. I don’t know what I did to get us this far, but I hope that I finally succeeded and that I made my family proud.

I have from the moment we started dating believed that we are soul mates, we are meant to be together, as my life has no meaning without you and you define my life. Everything that you do makes me a better person, you put the need the drive and the desire behind me, the inspiration and the love. I cannot imagine my life without you.

I promise to be true to you in sickness, for it was what brought us together and will inevitably send us away…

I promise to be true to you in hardship, because I am standing before you now…

I promise to honor and care for you, because you hold my heart

I promise to stay with you for all the days of my life, because you are my light and guide and I love you so damn much.

I am blessed by god to have you, to be able to hold you, to cry on your shoulder and to have strong arms protect me. I am blessed to have my family who has given me everything and my friends to support me. I am blessed to have support and love from my friends when many people do not support this kind of union, and sometimes it feels that the whole world is against us, by standing before you now it means that not only did we over come our obstacles but it means that perhaps the world is a little bit better place.

I hope that our friends are all here and safe and standing beside us. I hope that I get to read you this letter. I love you A, and with my family and friends here to acknowledge and support our union; I ask you A, to marry me, to join us together the way we were always meant to be, to take me as your own and love me as I have always loved you.

Cailen Vature

Cailenauthor
  • Like 22
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 03/03/2011 01:25 PM, J.T. said:
That's so sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet... makes me all fuzzy inside.
Yea i cried like a baby when i got to read it, i almost forgot i had it until a few weeks before.
Link to comment
On 03/03/2011 06:29 AM, Frostina said:
**sighs**

Somehow sickness gets soooooo many couples together! :P

 

dunno why that is!

we were lucky
Link to comment
On 03/07/2011 09:56 PM, Marzipan said:
That was just beautiful. I'm crying. I'm so happy for you.
thanks for the review, those are the real words I got to read for my wedding. I am glad the touched you, they did indeed touch me as well because we had made it and we were still together. Thank you
Link to comment

I dont know what else to say beside its beautiful.You are so lucky,both of you.We heard all about soul mate in stories,fantasies.But its hard to find your soul mate,even harder for gay people.some people never find their soul mate in their entire life.You two are still together,that is the best thing.good wishes for your future.:D

Link to comment
On 05/06/2011 05:39 PM, jeet01 said:
I dont know what else to say beside its beautiful.You are so lucky,both of you.We heard all about soul mate in stories,fantasies.But its hard to find your soul mate,even harder for gay people.some people never find their soul mate in their entire life.You two are still together,that is the best thing.good wishes for your future.:D
he drives me crazy sometimes... but I've never been happier thank you so much.
Link to comment

Wow, what can I say? That was so 'real'. I'm glad you made it to read them out and that you will get to look at them together at every anniversary for the next forever years. Bless you both

Link to comment

That was so beautiful and touching. It makes me happy to know that there are still people like this out there, so full of love. Thanks for sharing :)

Link to comment

I really enjoyed this. Its a touching piece. Hit close to home in ways I prefer to leave unsaid, but thanks for sharing.

Link to comment

I have read this several times Cailen, never commented, but it always picks me up, makes life feel a little more uplifting. thank yousmile.png

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..