Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Roar - Georgetown Book I - Prologue. Dedication

At fifteen CJ Abelló is exiled from his home in Miami because of his sexual orientation and sent to live in Washington, D.C. with his gay father and his father’s wealthy partner. Over the next few years, CJ flourishes in his new home thanks to the love and guidance provided by the two men and their group of friends. He is nearing graduation from School Without Walls High School, ready to begin his freshman year at Georgetown University, and volunteering in the 2016 presidential campaign.

CJ’s story is fiction; his plight is not. Every year countless young men and women are tossed aside by family, friends, church, and others who should be protecting them. All because they do not conform to the norms of heterosexual society. They become homeless, turn to drugs, prostitution, and other criminal activity in order to survive. Many lose their lives, often at their own hands.

In memory of those no longer with us and in honor of those who have survived, I dedicate this story. To those unwanted, downtrodden, and often forgotten individuals, I say it gets better.

C A Hazday
  • Like 29
  • Love 36
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Absolutely beautiful dedication, Carlos. Brought tears to my eyes...You honour each and every one of whom you spoke.

 

:hug::hug: 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..