Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Rides - 1. Winter Vacation

p align="center">Prompt 382

Word List
beach ball - vacation ticket - snow storm - crying child - pair of broken glasses.

The vacation ticket was a great Christmas present from the rents, allowing me to escape the snow storm blanketing New England right now. A crying child on the plane and a pair of broken glasses, which I stepped on while pulling my bag from the overhead compartment, were but a distant memory. All was well now as I batted a beach ball around with a bunch of sexy guys on Fort Lauderdale beach.

span style="font-family:Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;">Trying a different approach to this year's prompts.
Let me know what you think?
© Copyright 2015 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 01/04/2015 12:36 AM, Timothy M. said:
well I'd want to know more about the guys on the beach :P
LMFAO!

 

I'll be there this afternoon or tomorrow, I'll take detailed notes just for you!

 

Sebastian Beach is the gay section and there's always plenty of TALENT there. Even more so now during tourist season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/04/2015 03:24 AM, Kitt said:
Nice outline with potential, but I would have liked to see it go somewhere.
Ouch! Don't you think I have enough on my plate right now? Are you bored? The rest of your boys not working hard enough? LOL

 

I'm gonna see if I can whip out little sketches to some prompts that still paint a picture without too much detail.

 

But you're right, this one and hopefully some others would be worth revisiting at some point. But first I need to get 3 series and two stand alones under control! :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Though it's short I can picture each event. I agree with the others that more would be welcome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/04/2015 05:07 AM, aditus said:
Going with Faramir here? 'Nice and short.'
:P

 

Still feeling my way around, Adi. Trying to figure out what I'm good at and what I'm not so great with. Since I have plenty of other stuff planned right now the prompts will give me a chance to work on trying new approaches or improving on weaknesses.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/04/2015 10:56 PM, dughlas said:
Though it's short I can picture each event. I agree with the others that more would be welcome.
Thanks Mr. D, and Happy Birthday once again.

 

If I was able to paint a clear enough picture for you using less than 100 words, then I accomplished my objective.

 

Last year I started in a similar way, a prompt response with under 500 words. It turned into a 12 chapter tale which, although concluded with a HEA, became increasingly hard to write because of the constant sadness involved.

 

I need to avoid that sort of tale for a bit so this was a shot at something light and airy. I realize it has some potential for further development but it would have to be sometime in the future.

 

Thanks for reading and leaving a comment, both are sincerely appreciated.

 

Carlos

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..