Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Rides - 14. Gym Partners

p align="center">Prompt 406
Word List
rain coat - patch of ice - steak - blue fuzzy slippers - Greek statue

“Hey, dude…” I heard the guy, and automatically looked up, from the forty-five pound dumbbell I was doing curls with. He had to be talking to me, there were but a handful of people in the gym at this time, and no one else near us. After quitting my job at the beginning of 2013, I’d started coming mid-morning; after the early crowd was gone, and before the lunch-timers arrived. I liked having the place to myself.

“Yeah, bud?” The man had a friendly smile and a mass of dark curls on top of his head. Those were the first two things I noticed about him. He was a good-looking guy, without that too-many-facials-and-too-much-moisturizer look, so common amongst the Chelsea boys.

“Could you give me a spot when you get done there?” He pointed at a sixty-five pounder next to him, motioning to indicate his intent, to do one armed shoulder presses with it. Considering the size of his guns, shoulders, and lats, he probably could rip out a dozen of them without a struggle.

“Sure thing, just one more set.” I turned back to look at my bicep, as I brought up the weight and slowly lowered it. I had a nice pump going, which felt and looked really good. By now, in late February, I recognized most of the regulars at this time of day; Curly didn’t look familiar. “Are you new here?” I asked, as I finished my set and racked the dumbbell.

“Kinda… I’m taking care of a buddy who slipped on a patch of ice and broke a leg, he got me a visitor’s pass for the week. I left him at home, eating Captain Crunch, watching CNN, while wearing his blue fuzzy slippers and matching robe. I felt love handles growing just from looking at him, and decided I needed a little exercise.” As I positioned myself behind him, I took a look at his body, on the wall mirror facing us. The smile and the curls were still there, but now I noticed his torso. Encased in a tight stretch shirt, you could see the ridges of his abs. Everyone talks about the mythical eight pack, but this guy was the real deal. Fuck!

“That’s a pretty picture you paint,” I chuckled. “Ready when you are, bud.” Our eyes met in the mirror as I spoke, and my gaydar started pinging. Not that much of a stretch, considering we were at a gym, in the gayborhood, and neither one of us had a beer belly. We were kindred souls.

“I know, right? Okay, four sets of twelve reps with each arm; sixty seconds rest between sets.” Double fuck! He spoke of it as if he was ordering a salt bagel at the deli―casual as can be. Perfect form and hardly broke a sweat; the guy was a machine. Those abs were a good clue, and the chest requiring its own postal code were the confirmation, the dude was serious about his body.

“Oh man, I’m hurting just from watching. You compete?” He would definitely do well in a bodybuilding show, great size and good definition all over.

“Nah, can’t bother with the shaving, tanning, or dieting right before, to get cut up. I just like to feel good, and look good for the boys.” He wiggled his eyebrows at me, smiled again and went to place the dumbbell on the rack.

“Well, this boy here thinks you look pretty darn good!” Damn, did I just really say that? I’m such a ho. But I gotta admit, the guy’s a stud.

“You do, eh? That’s good to hear. What’s your name anyway? I’m Apollo.” I started laughing when he told me his name. “What’s so funny, dude?”

“Your name is perfect. I was just thinking you look like a Greek statue. I’m Colt, nice to meetcha, Apollo.”

“Same here, Colt. Hey, I’m in the mood for a steak sandwich. Wanna hit the showers and go to lunch with me? My treat.”

“I like the lunch part, but I live two blocks from here so I just go shower at home. How ‘bout you come home with me, we shower and then we go grab a bite?”

“Are you trying to lure me to your place so you can take advantage of me, Colt?”

“Yessir, I certainly am.”

“Good, a workout always leaves me hungry and horny. Just so you know, I’m easy and I’m big.”

“Great! I’m easy too, and I wear a Magnum raincoat.”

span style="font-size:1em;line-height:1.3em;">Would love to hear what you thought about Apollo and Colt's meeting.
© Copyright 2015 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 04/07/2015 12:01 AM, Kitt said:
I think Tony's gonna toss a fit! Great descriptions.
LOL

 

Thanks, people keep telling me my dialogue is generally good so trying to work on descriptions, REAL glad you mentioned that.

 

Also glad you figured out the characters, but you missed something. If you can't figure it out, PM me and I'll tell you, I don't wanna post spoilers here! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

You're not fooling me, lol. :) This is before Colt meets Tony, right? (2013)

Loved the way you managed to get the rain coat and the statue worked in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/07/2015 10:44 PM, Timothy M. said:
You're not fooling me, lol. :) This is before Colt meets Tony, right? (2013)

Loved the way you managed to get the rain coat and the statue worked in.

Honestly? The raincoat was the easiest! The alternate monicker for condoms came to mind as soon as I saw the word. (That should tell everyone what's constantly on my mind) Blue fuzzy slippers were tough to work in, I kept thinking of my grandmother with the matching blue hair!

 

I provided month and year within the body, I keep saying my stories are usually not fast food. You gotta pay attention while reading, if you blink you may miss something! :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..