Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt Rides - 7. Fortune Cookie

p align="center">Prompt 396
First Line

“When will I see you again?”
Prompt 397
The Accident
What happened that you ended up in such bad shape?

“When will I see you again?”

“I’ll be late afternoon. Need to check on the dogs, shower, and pack a bag so I don’t have to go home for a couple of days.”

“What are you doing with the pups?”

“The neighbor will take care of them; we talked while you were in the emergency room. Do you want me to bring anything back for you?”

“My iPad? There’s this great serial novel I’ve been reading on Gay Authors and the next chapter will post tomorrow. You’ll have to read to me since I won’t be able to hold it.”

“Is that the one about the kid from Miami who moves to Washington and ends up living with his two dads?”

“Yeah, the story’s title is Summer and I like the author a lot. The guy has tons of talent, he writes these great characters who appear so real you expect to run into them at some point.”

“Guess I better catch up with what’s been posted already, your hands will be bandaged for the next two weeks.”

“Fuck! And the damn casts won’t come off for a couple of months. Are you sure you want me home? You’ll have to feed me, bathe me, hold it while I pee, and wipe me after I crap until I can use my hands. I could go to the rehab facility the nurse gave us the brochure for.”

“Nope. Our vow was for better or for worse. You’ll be coming home. But I do have one request of you.”

“Anything, babe.”

“Next time we meet for lunch at Sum Yeung Gai, request no MSG in your food so your face doesn’t swell up and eat the cookie before we leave the restaurant. I still can’t understand why you had to chase the slip of paper, with your fortune on it, when the wind blew it out of your hand. If you hadn’t run across the street, intent on getting it back, the bus would have never hit you.”

span style="font-family:Verdana,Geneva,sans-serif;">What do you think of my twofer?
Your comments are welcomed and encouraged.
© Copyright 2015 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Twofer? I would call it a threefer when you consider the plug for Summer mister! LOL one thing you will never be accused of is being shy!

 

In spite of it being about a dude who is pretty messed up physically at this point it was light and entertaining. Well done!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/21/2015 09:07 AM, Kitt said:
Twofer? I would call it a threefer when you consider the plug for Summer mister! LOL one thing you will never be accused of is being shy!

 

In spite of it being about a dude who is pretty messed up physically at this point it was light and entertaining. Well done!

A shameless plug now and then is good for the soul. Who the hell am I to take myself seriously... LOL

 

And BTW-- see my reply to Irri's review of Chapter 6. I'm pretty certain I never revealed the gender of either of the characters. Women are also allowed to be stupid and chase after a little piece of paper, I know men are more likely to do that kind of stuff but... :D

 

(and that's really the name of a Chinese restaurant in South Beach!)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Does that restaurant's special involve cream? :gikkle: Funny prompt Carlos. I love the plug for "Summer". You don't mention gender directly, but you do have the injured guy making reference to his partner having to 'hold it' while he pees, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume he's male. :lol: Thanks for the chuckle. :funny:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/21/2015 10:10 AM, Valkyrie said:
Does that restaurant's special involve cream? :gikkle: Funny prompt Carlos. I love the plug for "Summer". You don't mention gender directly, but you do have the injured guy making reference to his partner having to 'hold it' while he pees, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume he's male. :lol: Thanks for the chuckle. :funny:
Glad you liked it. And yes I missed that one when I tried to make both character non gender specific. As Kitt was gracious enough to point out... Gals don't have to hold it. LOL

 

Next time I ride down to SOBE I'll take a pic of the restaurant sign.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow. That is one silly guy to eat bad food, run after a fortune, get hit by a bus, and have to have his bf hold it and clean him up. Would serve him right to end up in rehab. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/21/2015 12:46 PM, comicfan said:
Wow. That is one silly guy to eat bad food, run after a fortune, get hit by a bus, and have to have his bf hold it and clean him up. Would serve him right to end up in rehab. :lol:
Wayne--

 

He probably had a bit too much to drink before dinner LOL

 

Hope you liked how I took both your prompts and used them in one story!

 

Carlos

  • Like 1
Link to comment

That was fun! What the hell did that fortune say that made him run out in front of a bus after it is what I want to know.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/22/2015 06:00 AM, Defiance19 said:
That was fun! What the hell did that fortune say that made him run out in front of a bus after it is what I want to know.
LOL, right?

 

I'm not sure why but I read the prompts on Friday morning and both looked interesting. Couldn't make up my mind so I was ready to skip writing anything this week. My allergies have been acting up the past couple of days--been sleeping a lot thanks to Benadryl--I was thinking about MSG which normally causes the itchy eyes and clogged nose for me and a fortune cookie floated in front of my eyes. The combination of these events somehow resulted in a guy with casts after an accident.

 

I'm still not sure how all that connected but I blame it on flashbacks to recreational drug use in my youth.

Happy you enjoyed it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/28/2015 12:21 AM, Mann Ramblings said:
That's just SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION you shit! LOL

 

Outside of that, nice little piece. :)

You're just jealous 'cause you didn't think about it first! I'll make you a deal, as soon as you start publishing the next installment of Santa Claus, I'll use one of my prompt responses to plug you. Er, I mean plug your story... :D
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Didn't he know he was allergic to MSG??? And who runs into the street after a fortune cookie piece of paper?? I'd only run into the street after money. And then to get hit by a bus and only get broken arms? Lucky or unLucky. This was so funny. So should I be reading Summer since you so cleverly plugged it and all? hahaha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/02/2015 03:05 AM, LadyDe said:
Didn't he know he was allergic to MSG??? And who runs into the street after a fortune cookie piece of paper?? I'd only run into the street after money. And then to get hit by a bus and only get broken arms? Lucky or unLucky. This was so funny. So should I be reading Summer since you so cleverly plugged it and all? hahaha
LMAO!!!

 

Of course you should be reading Summer! At least try out the first 3 chapters. Hopefully I'll have you hooked by then. Based on comments chapters 1 and 10 have been the most popular so you may want to read more that 3! LOL

 

I kept thinking of A black & white Charlie Chaplin routine while I wrote about chasing down the fortune slip. As for the MSG, I'm allergic to it, not quite as bad and a Benadryl pill handles it, but I forget to ask none be added to my food sometimes. Two ours later I'm getting ready to crawl out of my sking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Excellent prompt with the cleverly inserted plug for 'Summer'. I usually check out all of the Prompts that are posted on GA because they are nice quick reads. The plug was a gentle push to check out your story. As you know from my reviews, I am glad that I did!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/04/2015 03:09 AM, Reader1810 said:

Excellent prompt with the cleverly inserted plug for 'Summer'. I usually check out all of the Prompts that are posted on GA because they are nice quick reads. The plug was a gentle push to check out your story. As you know from my reviews, I am glad that I did!

I'm hooked on doing prompt responses! Probably have done more this year than any other single writer. A lot of it is trying out new things or characters, a couple have had a more serious tone and some are just cheeky fun. Did the plugging the story twice for summer, may have to work one for Autumn into a prompt soon!

 

As usual, I love hearing from you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..