Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Summer - 14. Reason to Believe

Sunday, 2 June 2013

After saying good night and climbing the stairs to the second floor, CJ and Landon took turns in the bathroom, stripped to their underwear, and slipped under the covers. CJ had turned off the bedside lamps, the only illumination came through the windows facing the Potomac; a combination of moonlight and city lights bathing the room in a soft glow while leaving most of it in shadows. CJ had anticipated this moment most of the day. He was nervous, excited, and extremely self-conscious after Brett’s earlier comments. He was thankful for all the explicit and honest conversations with his dads and his uncles but still hesitant, uncertain of what to do next. He and Landon lay in the middle of the large bed, on their sides, facing each other; his lips turned slightly upwards at the ends, reflecting the grin on his friend’s face. Gently dipping his head forward, Landon matched his moves until their foreheads touched, his light blue eyes gazed into the older boy’s darker ones, and his smile grew. Closing them, he leaned further into Landon until their lips barely grazed, his eyes shot open and the smile widened even further.

His left arm was bent at the elbow, his head resting on it while his other one reached out towards the other boy, fingers reaching out to touch the smooth chest in front of him. Landon’s fingers cupped his face, CJ felt the hand slowly sliding down his neck, coming to rest in the middle of his chest. He felt a slight pull as the other boy played with the patch of hair between his pecs and around his nipples. Landon appeared fascinated with the soft fur which was quite a contrast to his hairless torso.

CJ leaned in once again for a kiss; it became a longer-lasting and more passionate one.

Teen hormones kicked in, the heat rose with each touch, bed sheets were kicked off, and his erection met with Landon’s as they moved closer together. Wet trails coated his treasure trail; it was too much build-up for a pair of horny teens. He wrapped his hand around his friend’s cock as he felt his own enveloped in a searing hold. It didn’t take much, a couple of strokes and much sooner than expected he exploded. Semen sprayed his partner as his own groin was soaked in the other teen’s cum.

 

Monday, 3 June 2013

CJ woke up being spooned by Landon, his bladder clamoring to be emptied. The arm draped over his chest, the warmth of the body behind him, and the erection poking his butt made him smile. He considered reaching for lube and a condom; letting nature take its course. Thoughts of losing his cherry were tampered down as quickly as they arose. The conversations with his dads had convinced him he would know when the time was right, not to rush into anything, and to wait until the right moment came along. Of course, that didn’t mean another form of intimacy could not be found.

“Morning, sexy,” he heard whispered in his ear as the arms surrounding him tightened their hold and the butt poking became more intense. “Thanks for inviting me last night for dinner. And to spend the night.”

“My pleasure, stud. But, dude, I don’t think I’ve wet my bed since I was four, so I better hit the pisser, or I’ll have an accident.”

“Go. I’m right behind you.”

Their morning hard-ons deflated, the boys shared the bottle of Listerine before squirreling back under the bed sheets and snuggling together. Knowing his dads were already gone encouraged CJ to explore without worrying about making too much noise. He nudged Landon on his back, draped himself over his friend’s body, and nuzzled against his neck, slowly flicking his tongue against the warm skin, causing Landon to moan. Attempting to replicate what he had often read about in erotic stories, he went for the right nipple with his teeth and used his fingers on the left one, eliciting more moans. Without the finesse brought on by experience, he spent minimal time on these activities before heading further down the body in front of him and opening his mouth wide to capture Landon’s hard cock.

“Oh fuck, oh, fuck, oh fuck. Turn around, CJ, turn around. I want you in my mouth too.” Landon went crazy on his friend’s dick. He licked, sucked, and nibbled on the foreskin. He pulled the skin hood back and licked the naturally lubed head, then swallowed the entire cock to the root. After massaging the head with his throat he pulled off entirely. “Damn I love your foreskin, sure wish I still had mine!”

“You can borrow mine anytime, buddy… let me show you something.”

CJ scrambled up the bed again, took Landon’s stiffness in his left hand, grabbed his own foreskin with the other one, and stretched it over his friend until it covered the tip of both their cocks. He began stroking the joined members while passionately kissing the other boy. Both began panting as their orgasms approached. Reaching their climax almost simultaneously, cum overflowed the covering foreskin and spilled over their groins. Cleaning up was just plain fun, using their mouths, before kissing and passing the creamy stuff back and forth. There wasn’t a snowball’s chance in hell any of it was going to be wasted.

By the time they were in the kitchen fixing food, they both had mile-wide smiles on their faces.

 

Off to the gym with CJ wearing a burgundy Arlington national Cemetery t-shirt, the two friends were halfway through their chest routine when the ubiquitous ginger stud approached them.

“Hi guys, I’m Ian,” he said while bumping fists with the teens. Looking at the dark-haired Latin kid he added, “I keep seeing you all over the place, are you taking courses here this summer?”

“Nice to meetcha, man. I’m CJ and this is Landon. And no, not taking any classes this summer. I live in the area and will be a sophomore in high school this fall.”

“You’re shitting me! I could have sworn you guys were older.”

“I am. I’ll be a senior this year but not in DC. Just visiting my brother for a couple of weeks.”

“Guess I’ll be seeing you now and then this coming year, CJ. I’m a Graduate Assistant here at GU, working on my thesis. I’ll catch you later, I’m all done and I need to shower and get to the office.”

“Later,” said the younger men at the same time as they stared at the redhead’s nice backside walking away from them.

 

Landon wanted to eat lunch at Rogo’s once again, He enjoyed the food and the extra attention paid to them on Friday. They sat at the bar and ate hamburgers while chatting with the bartender. Danno made an appearance and introduced them to Trip, the reporter he previously talked about wanting to do a story about CJ. The handsome blonde man mentioned the Pentagon had stalled him in his attempts to contact the boy’s fathers, but the bar owner had made a deal with him to drop the story. Details of the agreement were not mentioned, but they did notice Danno licking his lips.

After their new acquaintance left, the boys giggled and wondered if this one would also be walking funny later on in the day.

 

CJ had visited most of the monuments and memorials before while staying with his fathers, now he was loving the opportunity to serve as a tour guide. Their initial stop was the Lincoln Memorial. Grabbing a National Park Service brochure, the boys read some basic information about the memorial as they walked around the building.

After staring up at the monumental Daniel Chester French statue of a seated Lincoln, they stopped to read Lincoln’s Gettysburg Address and his Second Inaugural Address carved on the north and south walls of the memorial.

“I’ve heard of the Gettysburg Address since I was a little kid, but when I first read it, I was surprised at how short it was.”

“Right?” replied CJ. “I always thought something people talked about as so important would be much longer.”

“Hey, CJ, you remember the big ass concert they had here for the President’s inauguration back in 2009?”

“Barely, I was eleven and we were living at Ramstein Air Base still, so the time difference meant it was evening in Germany. I know I caught a little bit but then it was my bedtime.”

“Wow? You lived in Germany? At an Air Force Base? That must have been way cool. You’ll have to tell me what it was like later!”

 

Walking beside the Reflecting Pool, they headed towards their next destination, the Washington Monument. The structure was closed and under repair after being damaged during an earthquake―they could not go inside. It was scheduled to re-open sometime in 2014 and the boys swore they would go to the top together the next time Landon came to visit his brother.

“I always wondered why the stone changed colors part way up,” commented Landon. “Why didn’t they get the marble from the same place once they started up again?” They had been reading about efforts to build the monument and the delay when funds ran out during construction.

“It says the white marble looked the same but then the two types aged differently. Sounds like a good Jeopardy question to me!”

 

Their final stop was the Jefferson Memorial, located in West Potomac Park. It was a fifteen-minute walk away and allowed them to view the monument across the water of the Tidal Basin before they reached it. The view was breathtaking.

“Fair warning, I’m gonna drive you nuts here. Jefferson’s like one of my heroes, my favorite President, and I wanna grow up to be him!” said CJ smirking, as they pulled away from the railing on the side of the walkway by the paddle boat rental place.

“Oh wow, you are a dork about history,” replied Landon while laughing.

“Asshole!”

“So what is it that gives you a stiffie when you think of old Tom?”

“Hmmm, the man was far from perfect but he was gifted; his initial draft of the Declaration of Independence is amazing. He owned slaves but wanted them to be freed after independence from England. An okay politician and diplomat but an incredible scientist. He had a thirst for knowledge that has always inspired me to try and learn more. And his efforts at architecture are graceful with clean designs based on classic buildings. I’m dying to visit Monticello, his home in Charlottesville, now that I live up here in Washington. Come on, Landon, let’s walk all around it before we go inside; I want you to see the statue from all possible angles, it’s really cool.”

“Damn, that’s one big fucker, can you imagine the size of his dick?”

“You’re such a perv. Come on, let’s go inside. I love reading the carvings on the walls.”

“Let me grab one of the brochures, CJ. I’m taking them all back home with me to remind me of the trip.ˮ

“Okay, I forget the name of the architect, but the building’s style is neoclassical and it resembles the Rotunda at the University of Virginia, which Jefferson designed.”

“John Russell Pope was the architect,” said Landon reading from the brochure.

“Cool. The inscriptions are a mix of the President’s words from different things he wrote. Some people bitch about them ‘cause they make it look like Jefferson would have supported many things he was against. Lots of political bullshit if you ask me, his words are still magic.”

“This picture in the brochure of the Memorial surrounded by all the cherry trees in bloom looks awesome.”

“Yeah! That’s something I’m looking forward to seeing in person next spring.”

 

Satisfied with their afternoon of exploring, the guys headed back to Georgetown and a second shower together. Landon would be joining the family for dinner and to watch the NBA Eastern Conference seventh and final game. Twice in one day at Rogo’s was just fine with boys; they liked the place, the people, and the food.

Halfway through the first quarter, Danno and Trip strolled in―the boys looked at one another and began giggling.

“Let me guess, the beefy blonde stud is walking funny, correct?” asked César.

“Yep!” was the simple reply from the teens.

“Sup, guys? Am I gonna have to set up cots in here for you two hoodlums? Trip, you met the boys this afternoon, the two senior citizens with them are César and Brett, the dark kid’s dads. Guys, this is my buddy Charles Beauregard Houston III. Just call him Trip, that mouthful of a name is only used back in Texas by his mama.” Danno had his hand around the back of the man’s neck holding him possessively.

“Howdy, y’all, good to meetcha.”

“He’s the reporter I mentioned to you guys before. I persuaded him to drop the story idea, so it’s okay to talk to him now.”

“I bet I know how the persuading took place,” mumbled Brett.

“Shut up, Jarhead,” replied the barkeep as César elbowed his other half.

The Miami HEAT took care of business that night defeating the Pacers and advancing to the NBA Finals for the third year in a row. Up next, the San Antonio Spurs starting Thursday night. CJ was a happy camper.

 

Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Landon had spent the night again and joined the guys for their morning workout, but this was to be goodbye. His brother had been fine when he found out his baby bro was gay, Landon wanted to spend the last evening of his vacation with his sibling. Already friends on Facebook, CJ and Landon knew they would keep in touch and hopefully see each other again sometime next summer.

 

Friday, 7 June 2013

Benjamin Christopher ‘Ben’ Cohen, MBE, former England rugby union player, was a member of the national team which won the 2003 Rugby World Cup. In May 2011, Cohen retired from professional rugby to focus on The Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation, created by him to combat homophobia and bullying.

In conjunction with Capital Pride, Ben was in DC to host a fundraising reception. This was the event to which Brian Sims, a member of the host committee, had invited the Elite Eight and CJ to. All nine were in attendance.

Walking in, Dragon made a beeline for his old friend Brian asking the others to get him a beer. The two buddies spent a few minutes with their heads close together, speaking quietly; both were smiling broadly by the time they finished. Ambling over to the rest of the gang Dragon’s first words were, “Where’s my beer? I dragged Brian over so he could say hello.”

“Gentlemen, welcome. I’m so glad you could make it tonight. Hang around here for a bit and enjoy yourselves, I want Ben to meet you so I’ll go find him, then we can go to another one of the rooms in the suite so we can speak privately.” Right after greeting his friends, Sims turned around and disappeared into the crowd milling around the room.

“Damn! Where does he get the energy? Did he even breathe once?”

“Can it, Jarhead; you do the same thing to me all the time and at the end, I’m the one out of breath,” replied César.

Their laughter attracted the attention of some of the other guests. As usual, they were soon the center of attention, something fairly common whenever they attended an event together. Trying to behave was no better, they would look at each other and start snickering, making CJ roll his eyes at their antics.

“Hey, guys, wanna follow me? I’ve got him stashed away in a bedroom waiting for us. And no he will not be waiting naked, Dragon!” Representative Sims had reappeared at their side as if by magic and once again had delivered his comments in one rapid burst.

Closing the room doors to ensure privacy, Brian introduced them to their host individually, allowing each one to shake hands and exchange words before moving to the next one. He began with CJ, followed by his dads, and ended with Dragon.

“Ben, the big black boy’s an old friend, he was telling me a little story earlier which I thought you would enjoy listening to. You’re up, stud!” said Sims, nodding at Dragon.

“Over Memorial Day weekend, the hubby and I were invited to breakfast at the Pentagon by Captain Davenport here. The gathering was hosted by his boss as a preliminary event to the Ride to the Wall motorcycle rally.”

“Oh please don’t, Uncle Dragon. Please?” CJ almost whimpered his request and would have tried to leave the room but for his dad’s arm draped over his shoulders, holding him close.

“Too late, buddy, you know how proud of you we all are.”

Dragon had lost count of the number of times he had told the story. Each time he enjoyed it more and maybe embellished it a little bit more. Not that any sprucing up of the actual events was necessary. Brian had only heard a very short version before; now, he and Ben stood there with dumbfounded looks on their faces and with their mouths hanging open.

Ben was the first one to react, turning to Brian and whispering something to the politician. Looking at CJ, he smiled shaking his head in amazement. “Mate, you are bloody amazing! We need to get you involved with the foundation as soon as possible. You did exactly what we encourage others to do; you stood up against bullying. The fact you beat the bully’s arse is the dog’s bollocks. I won’t admit that part in public, so don’t bother quoting me.”

“Damn, you sure are talking as fast as us Yanks now,” said Brian, handling the Brit a rolled-up blue piece of cloth.

“Let’s get the easy stuff over first. This is one of the t-shirts we’ll be giving to our supporters a little later on. You get the first one, CJ.”

“Thank you, Mr. Cohen.”

“Guess the second item on the list is I’m Ben, not Mr. Cohen, not sir, and especially not chubby!” said the ex-athlete as he patted the small love handles he had developed since retiring. “I want to sit down with you and your parents, figure out the best way to tell your story, and then spread it around. No matter how hard we work, bullying will never be entirely eliminated. We need to make people realize that sometimes their hateful actions will result in pain and humiliation to themselves. Maybe that will deter some of the jerks. When you’re back in school I’d like to come over and personally run one of the programs the foundation has been using and have you help me with it.

“Now, let’s chat about what we’re doing tonight. Mate, you’ve given me another reason to believe.”

“If I may interrupt, Ben. Brett and I were planning on doing this a little later, but now may be just as good a time to do it. We’d like to present you with a check for $10,000 from our family as a contribution to the Foundation. Brett and I would like it to be acknowledged as being made in honor of our son.”

“Mate, I’m gob smacked! I don’t know what to say.”

“A simple thank you will suffice. You’ll also be receiving a check for an additional $90,000 as a contribution from the Davenport-Abelló Family Charitable Fund within the next couple of weeks. That will also be in honor of CJ.”

César could see CJ was embarrassed and that the other members of the Eight were somewhat shocked but smiling; they had no idea the guys were planning anything this generous. Brett’s wealth was not a secret, but he and César never flaunted it. The two men normally would not have made such a big deal about a contribution, preferring to maintain a lower profile. This was different though. This was to honor their son for his actions during the Memorial Day Weekend.

“If you guys will excuse me, I must fetch some t-shirts and make a few changes to my remarks,” said the hunky rugger with a huge smile on his face.

“Hey bud, that should help you see a bit better how damn proud we were of you and of what you did,” said Brett as he hugged CJ. “If there had been the slightest doubt about having you around and how it would change our lives, your actions entirely dissipated them. Heck, we couldn't miss the pleasure of being around as you finish becoming a grown man.”

“I think Brett and I hit the jackpot the day I picked you up at the airport last month,” added César. Both fathers wiped off moist eyes when the three of them unclenched from their hug.

 

Ben made his usual general presentation for these events, asking for the financial support of those in attendance before veering off from the usual script. He then announced the donation from César and Brett and the pledge from their Family Charitable Fund.

“These contributions are being made in honor of their fifteen-year-old son, César Márcos Abelló, Jr. CJ, could you please join me up here?

“This young man is most likely embarrassed out of his britches at this moment. From the few minutes I spent talking to him, I’m guessing he’s smart and articulate, but also somewhat reserved. I don’t think CJ likes to draw attention to himself. Mate, sorry but I wanted our guests to have a face to associate with your story. Since I know you’d rather not stand here, I’ll let you go back to your dads, and I’ll make it up to you later for putting you on the spot.”

The Brit concluded his remarks with a short version of the events that took place at the motorcycle rally as recounted by Dragon earlier. “Ignoring the physical beating CJ was able to administer to an older and larger man, we must focus on the reasons behind his actions. It’s imperative that each and every one of us actively oppose bullying in any form. It is our responsibility to stand up for those being abused. It is also our duty to spread this message to everyone we can. Thank you for your attendance this evening. Please make sure you come by and introduce yourselves.”

The teen was once again mauled by well-wishers and even had invitations from some very hunky guys who did not seem to have a problem with his age. Realizing that what he had done was a good thing, he was willing to accept the praise graciously, but the publicity was a bit much for him. All the autographed sports memorabilia he left with at the end of the evening made the discomfort he experienced a bit more bearable. He was looking forward to watching Papa and some of his friends play rugby this summer.

The last person to shake the teen’s hand was someone he had met earlier in the evening, a staff member at the Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs. “Congratulations on the accolades and I hope my kids grow up to be like you one day, CJ.”

“Thank you, Nathan; that’s very gracious of you.”

“Good looking, smart, articulate, brave, and he remembers names. Can I sign on as campaign manager now? You'll win a few elections in your life if you ever run for office.”

“Babe, where did we go wrong? Our son is going to be—dare I say it―a politician. The shame of it!” Brett could not keep a straight face, Nathan and César had a hard time not laughing out loud; CJ was not amused at being the butt of a bad joke.

“Ha, ha, ha! See if I thank either one of you in any of my acceptance speeches!”

“Guys, I’d like to speak to the three of you for a couple of minutes. I think I may have an opportunity for CJ to get a feel for the legislative and political world. Marco Rubio, the Republican Senator from Florida, has a unique summer internship program in his office―fourteen days, all access. One male and one female every two weeks. Must be Floridians, high school or college students, and write an essay as to why they should be considered.”

“The boy selected for the last two weeks of July had to bail out. I heard they were having trouble finding a qualified alternate on such short notice and I think CJ could be a shoo-in.”

“Would they take someone who’s only fifteen?” asked CJ.

“Yes and no. I understand you’ll turn sixteen later on this year so we’ll wiggle it through. Plus the fact you’re staying with your dads here in DC means you'll have parental supervision. Son, you’re a Cuban-American from Miami, as is the Senator, you’re gay and you’ll be a minor celebrity amongst the A-listers after tonight. Your story will spread in the cocktail party circle. No matter what your ideological leanings may be, I don’t know a politician who wouldn't jump at the chance to be associated with you,” a smiling Nathan said.

“That would be epic! Oh yeah, tell me where and when! Would that be okay with you, Dads?” The boy was bouncing on the heels of his shoes.

“Your choice, buddy, you know we trust your judgment and will support you in whatever you decide,” answered a smiling César.

“Great, here’s my card, CJ. If you could email me something like a Fact Sheet/Profile on you this weekend, I’ll get the ball rolling and we’ll talk on Monday.”

 

“That was a very interesting evening, babe. Our little boy was quite the hit.”

“Yeah, and he seemed to handle it all fairly well. He always appears so mature and serious but I was glad he reverted to being a kid when Nathan mentioned the internship. CJ’s excitement was palpable.”

“I hear a but in your voice, César.”

“You know me too well. But he’s only fifteen, he’s going to be surrounded by adults until he starts school and I don’t want him to stop being a kid. He’s far from perfect; he’ll screw up somewhere along the way and we may have to discipline him. I want us to be his friends, but we are first and foremost his parents. He needs to always remember it and so do we; sometimes it’s hard for me to keep the two apart.”

“We’ll get it right, all we need is some practice. Good night, babe, I love you.”

“Love you too, Jarhead.”

The Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation

Please leave me a like or a comment in the review section. Your feedback helps improve the story and my writing!
Copyright © 2015 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 67
  • Love 27
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



On 03/21/2015 09:27 PM, Bucket1 said:
Isn't CJ having an interesting time! This man-boy is having life come at him full pace. He promises to be a fine young man. Cesar and Brett are right, he will make mistakes, he is still a kid even if he is a very mature one. But they will be there to support and guide him. And just as they have with sex, they will give him enough understanding so that he can make his own choices.

I am going to sound like an old man now. One of the things I love about kids this age up to college is the enthusiasm they have. Not dulled by the cynicism of life nor the battles of everyday. That pure unadulterated joy for their particular passion is a thing of beauty. CJ is right where he should be.

Damn! Thanks for the great comments. Without going into a long discussion here, I hate that so many of us lose that type of enthusiasm as we grow older. I've tried to keep it alive in myself, my brothers are the same way and hopefully I'll show CJ AND his dads doing it too.
  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 03/21/2015 11:10 PM, EagleIsaac said:
CJ handled the spotlight pretty well, although he was uncomfortable with the attention. Hopefully once he gets this internship - which I assume he is going to get - hopefully some of the attention will die down for him.

He handled his time with Landon well. They had fun, they explored, but they didn't go any farther than what they were both comfortable with. Cesar and Brett would be proud of his mature decision making in the face of lust.

I'd think the dads would be proud of their son and realize some of the kid's 'performance' is due to how he's being raised. If you treat a child as a child, he'll behave accordingly. If you treat a child like a person he'll behave accordingly too.

 

If CJ want to be in politics he better get used to the spotlight LOL... and hire Dragon to do PR for him!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 03/21/2015 09:54 PM, Robert Rex said:
Another great chapter! CJ learning about himself, managing the sex play well, and his reticence at accepting the spotlight because of the way he handled the bullying incident are all adorable. And the internship has all sorts of promise--both in the way he grows into adulthood and in story options for you to develop as you will.

Your solid writing craftsmanship, the delicate way you've woven a variety of story lines together, and your development of characters both real and interesting (yeah, I'd buy 'em rounds) all keep the story fresh and moving. You've done well on this tale, and I look forward to each chapter.

Good job!

Fleshing out CJ is an ongoing process, I hope each chapter reveals a bit more about him. An internship with a US Senator, even for just 2 weeks, could have benefits in ways one never imagined. And you never know when being friendly wit a Senator could come in handy! :X

 

Trying not to make all the characters speak or act the same is a challenge. As for craftsmanship, thank you, but a lot of the credit for any of it has to go to my editor. He sometimes hits me over the head with something and other times he gently nudges me in the right direction.

 

I need to keep him happy, his contract is coming up and I want to lock him into a long term deal. I may have to triple his current salary! :D

  • Like 4
Link to comment

CJ is really being rocketed into the limelight and it seems a possible future in politics. Afraid i am so sceptical on that issue and very cynical. Its a power corruption game that burns most and spits them out being half the men they were when they joined the game. I sure hope CJ is spared that. Ever heard of an honest politician?

 

To lighter matters. A great first night for the lads. What great fun! But they escaped the dads' scrutiny somehow. That was a bit disappointing.

 

You really are a fan of history aren't you! An interesting tour of Washington though its not a great story filler and for a non - American it does end up dragging a little, no offence meant, but just saying.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 03/22/2015 01:18 AM, Jaro_423 said:
CJ is really being rocketed into the limelight and it seems a possible future in politics. Afraid i am so sceptical on that issue and very cynical. Its a power corruption game that burns most and spits them out being half the men they were when they joined the game. I sure hope CJ is spared that. Ever heard of an honest politician?

 

To lighter matters. A great first night for the lads. What great fun! But they escaped the dads' scrutiny somehow. That was a bit disappointing.

 

You really are a fan of history aren't you! An interesting tour of Washington though its not a great story filler and for a non - American it does end up dragging a little, no offence meant, but just saying.

Brace yourself, more touring coming up. LOL

 

Yes I'm a fan of history and in that sense CJ mirrors me. You should have seen the initial version of the tour if you were bored with this one, it would have put you to sleep! I tried to provide a thumbnail so anyone interested in more could do a bit of research. Reading descriptions of places in Israel and Australia, drove me to visiting those countries. Same with several other places. But it's not the same for everyone.

 

There shall be more on the politics angle in the near future and also later in the story. CJ's choice of profession and relationship status will influence his options and choices in the political arena.

 

I just realized I need an African character! I had a South African at one point but he ended up on the editing floor. I'll have to find an opportunity for one.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great chapter Carlos. CJ continues to impress me with his maturity. It's too bad Landon had to go home but I'm sure they will keep in touch and I can see Landon coming back to Washington to "visit his brother" before next Summer ;)

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Oddly enough despite all the remarkable things that happened in this chapter the most important to me was Cesar remarking on them being CJ's fathers and not just his friends. CJ is not your typical teen but a teen he is and eventually he will misbehave. Thanks for acknowledging that.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I continue to enjoy this story. CJ and Landon's tour is kind of like a reaquaintance with DC. I was sorry to see Landon leave, and I was hoping the dads would be there the morning after for some good natured ribbing. Lol. As mature as CJ is though, I'm a bit scared for him if he does take that internship; feeding him to the sharks as it were. Look forward to the next.

As a side note the only thing that gets me about CJ is that pesky thing he has for the Miami Heat!!!?? ;)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 03/22/2015 08:14 AM, LitLover said:
Great chapter Carlos. CJ continues to impress me with his maturity. It's too bad Landon had to go home but I'm sure they will keep in touch and I can see Landon coming back to Washington to "visit his brother" before next Summer ;)
LL-

 

CJ starts school in August and I have a feeling he'll make a few friends quickly. Landon may not figure in his future but at the same time I don't plan on CJ being one of those guys who just want to put notches on his bedpost.

 

I think he'll learn from the two men he spends so much time with!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 03/22/2015 08:45 AM, dughlas said:
Oddly enough despite all the remarkable things that happened in this chapter the most important to me was Cesar remarking on them being CJ's fathers and not just his friends. CJ is not your typical teen but a teen he is and eventually he will misbehave. Thanks for acknowledging that.
I love your review!

 

Readers seem to relate strongly to different things and I'm ao damn glad you picked up on that conversation between Cesar and Brett. It validates my efforts in trying to make every sentence being relevant.

 

As good as the kid may be, he's 15, he'll screw up. A parent that's not ready for his kid to do so is being silly. Cesar being aware their son will mess up will make it easier on him to deal with the issue when it comes up.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 03/22/2015 09:19 AM, Defiance19 said:
I continue to enjoy this story. CJ and Landon's tour is kind of like a reaquaintance with DC. I was sorry to see Landon leave, and I was hoping the dads would be there the morning after for some good natured ribbing. Lol. As mature as CJ is though, I'm a bit scared for him if he does take that internship; feeding him to the sharks as it were. Look forward to the next.

As a side note the only thing that gets me about CJ is that pesky thing he has for the Miami Heat!!!?? ;)

:rofl:

 

You're the first person to bring up the HEAT thing! Guess what team the author loves... Unfortunate season this year, First LeBron and then CB :(

 

My travelogue of DC will be an ongoing thing. The city is way to cool not to be featured in the story. A long time ago I told somebody Washington would be a primary character in the story.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 03/23/2015 01:15 AM, Jorgen Jackson said:
It's nice that CJ had the opportunity to have hist first sexual experience in a safe, and nice environment. Too many people have to do it in the back of their cars, in some remote parking lot.

This will be interesting. CJ has strong opinions about homosexuality, as he has already shown, and working for a very conservative senator, that is against gay marriage, hmmm, I see many possible points of conflict there. Could make an interesting story line. :fight:

I am also a bit concerned about making public of what CJ has done. It's a great thing he did, very courageous, but we don't know who the other guy was. He and his buddies may not like a 15 y.o. boy going public about their beating. Bullies tend to be cowards, and will try to get back to him, and I'm not talking about a fair fight. :unsure2:

And by the way, you get the best guest stars! :wub: It would have been nice to include that Ben is (sligthly) deaf, it would have given your story even more diversity. Now you just need to include Brendon Ayanbadejo, Chris Kluwe, Hudson Taylor, and David Podcock (he's an Aussie redhead!), and everything will be peaches. :D

Anyway, great job! :thumbup:

I think you, Bucket and I have similar tastes in men!

Ben will be back. I'm already using Youngquest, Reardon, and Thomas as models for characters and you want more.

 

Hudson is one of my heroes along with Ben Cohen. Wrestlers are almost as hot as ruggers.

 

Rubio is not one of my favorite people but he was the right person for the job in this instance. You'll see... Plus most politicians are just power hungry attention whores, ideologies seem to bend if the price is right.

 

I actually considered Podcock as a model for an upcoming character but decided to use someone a bit more ginger than him. Oh, and Juno is based on Craig Burden!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

This was another great chapter with lots of action. I'm delighted that CJ and Landon did some bonding. I thought that this might happen after CJ was introducted to Landon at the gym.

Now we know more about the red-head, who is causing his own troubles for the Elite Eight. The rest of that story should be interesting.

You are really bringing things to the forefront. An internship for CJ with Sen Mario Rubio will be great for his exposure to the political scene in DC, as well as his ability to make his preferences know.

I noted that one of the reviewers made a comment about being a CPA. Don't know us. We are good people and we help keep our clients out of trouble, although with the state of the IRS and the abuses of some people who work or worked for them, we need to wonder about any effectiveness for the organization.

Thanks for writing this story. It is truly great. I look forward to many more chapter.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 03/25/2015 08:18 AM, WildcatLes said:
This was another great chapter with lots of action. I'm delighted that CJ and Landon did some bonding. I thought that this might happen after CJ was introducted to Landon at the gym.

Now we know more about the red-head, who is causing his own troubles for the Elite Eight. The rest of that story should be interesting.

You are really bringing things to the forefront. An internship for CJ with Sen Mario Rubio will be great for his exposure to the political scene in DC, as well as his ability to make his preferences know.

I noted that one of the reviewers made a comment about being a CPA. Don't know us. We are good people and we help keep our clients out of trouble, although with the state of the IRS and the abuses of some people who work or worked for them, we need to wonder about any effectiveness for the organization.

Thanks for writing this story. It is truly great. I look forward to many more chapter.

Thanks Les!

 

CJ's personality is being revealed bit by bit and you'll see some more of it real soon.

 

Ian probably has no idea of the turmoil he's causing amongst the friends, hell he probably doesn't even know the Eight exist!

 

The CPA comment may have been from me. I'm a bean counter :D

 

Hope to see you back here on this page this coming Friday after chapter 15 posts

  • Like 4
Link to comment

BEN COHEN. <3 Oh yes. Although as a Brit myself I feel obliged to point out we don't really talk like that. :P too much slang in close proximity made his dialogue a bit awkward. If he strips and/or hooks up with one of the guys I shall consider the debt paid. ;)
And now I'm wondering if there's anyone this shady ginger stud isn't trying it on with...

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 07/31/2015 08:26 PM, buildercub said:

BEN COHEN. <3 Oh yes. Although as a Brit myself I feel obliged to point out we don't really talk like that. :P too much slang in close proximity made his dialogue a bit awkward. If he strips and/or hooks up with one of the guys I shall consider the debt paid. ;)

And now I'm wondering if there's anyone this shady ginger stud isn't trying it on with...

LMAO!

 

You've just earned the job of Britspeak consultant. I try to differentiate each character's dialogue as much as possible so they don't all read the same. Thinking back on how Ben spoke in person, I probably did go a tad too far. He spoke in American with a cool accent...

 

That meeting took place back in 2013, he was the proud father and dutiful husband back then. All the coverage of his weight gain and the accompanying pictures of him in his bathing suit last week, was awesome. Since he's separated from the wife and in South Florida, I'm hoping he comes out of the closet and shows up at GROWL tonight! (Bear night at a bar a couple of blocks from my place.) :D

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I liked. I would have liked a decent dad at 15. I can't really comment on what normal teens do, cuz I missed all those years. But I guess being a parent and not a friend is more important.

 

Good job, C!

 

tim

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 12/14/2015 01:22 AM, Mikiesboy said:

I liked. I would have liked a decent dad at 15. I can't really comment on what normal teens do, cuz I missed all those years. But I guess being a parent and not a friend is more important.

 

Good job, C!

 

tim

Amongst my family and friends, I've noticed the best adjusted kids are those who are treated as both a friend and a son/daughter. I think the friendship part bring honesty while the parenting side keeps things under control.

 

You're 2/3 of the way though on Summer!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

@Dmrman

 

It's interesting I'm replying to a comment addressing the dads' support and encouragement of CJ. I've spent part of today outlining a scene where Cesar stands up for CJ (not that the kid needs help defending himself) and puts his son ahead of his job. It's going to be a looong time before that chapter gets published but keep this comment in mind whenever we get to it. Parents are meant to guide and assist not force their kids to act a specific way. As long as they do no harm to innocent people, let kids be kids.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I think CJ could be a shoe in.” - I think CJ could be a shoo-in.”

This expression purportedly comes from the practice of corrupt jockeys holding their horses back and shooing a preselected winner across the finish line to guarantee that it will win. A “shoo-in” is now an easy winner, with no connotation of dishonesty. “Shoe-in” is a common misspelling.

We now know the "Ginger's" name is Ian. I suppose we will find out more about him subsequently.

Nathan's desire to be a campaign manager for CJ is oddly prophetic, isn't it?

 

Edited by Will Hawkins
  • Like 5
Link to comment

Another super chapter. CJ is certainly going to be getting a lot of lime light. He is mature for his age and should cope with it but when he gets back to school he may find the other kids immature. I hooe he will find a decent group of school friends. 

One of the outcomes of spending a great deal of time with people of a different generation is that we can mirror their actions and responses. 

Let's see how CJ does when he gets to school. 

Loving this story. 😍 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..