Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Summer - 6. Glory Days

Sunday, 19 May 2013

Since Dragon and King had bailed out on their Saturday night dinner plan, they invited CJ and his fathers to join them on Sunday morning for second breakfast. Tolkien’s stories were a favorite of the teen; he immediately recognized the reference to the Hobbit meal enjoyed before noon. The couple planned it for nine-thirty, instead of the traditional eleven o’clock. They were all expected at the marina by noon.

Both men looked forward to the opportunity of spending time with CJ away from the rest of their friends. And to show off the apartment they had rented on the third floor of a converted brownstone on Q Street. Their place was in the Dupont Circle neighborhood, which for many years served as the focal point of Washington’s gay community. There was a second reason for their desire to see the teen before they all gathered aboard the PP: they wanted to explain certain aspects of their relationship. The previous summer, their group of friends had been careful to avoid most references to their sexual habits while CJ was in town. With him living in D.C. permanently, that would be more difficult. Hearing from his dads that the kid was savvy about life in general, they did not expect him to react negatively to anything they said.

 

César, Brett, and CJ were in the kitchen drinking a final cup of coffee before heading out when the marine took the initiative and began a somewhat serious conversation. This was something the two adults had discussed the previous night, and agreed would be smart to do.

“Bud, your dad and I believe in treating each other in a respectful manner, and we plan on doing the same with you. Three gay dudes living together could get prickly. By having open lines of communication we can hopefully avoid misunderstandings. Your world has been turned upside down by the actions of an ignorant homophobe—”

“Asshole!” interrupted César.

“Stop stating the obvious. We’ll try to help through this experience and through all future changes in your life. Anytime you have any questions concerning anything at all, just ask. That includes sex. We have many straight acquaintances, but our close circle of friends you've met is all gay men. Not all their relationships are the same as ours. There’s variety amongst us, and even more so in the gay population at large. You may be surprised about some practices, or you may wonder how certain things are possible; just ask us, dude. We’ll always be honest with you.”

“Really, Papa? Have you ever heard of the internet? I know I’m young, but I ain’t stupid. I know my way around the web and have read and seen enough to realize all relationships are not like yours. I doubt very much anything would shock me. I have zero interest in many of those things I’ve read about, but I’m definitely aware of them.” The kid had a smart-ass smirk on his face as he spoke, which made his fathers laugh.

“He’s got you there, Jarhead.”

“Fine, smarty-pants, I’ll stop sugar-coating things; but open communication is the important thought I wanted to get through to you.”

“He’s right about that, CJ. Feel free to talk with us anytime about anything. Now, let’s shower, get dressed, and go eat real food. We're taking the Harleys so boots, jeans, t-shirts, and leather jackets; I’ll give you one of mine to wear. Throw flip-flops and a bathing suit into your backpack. Papa Brett and I will add some for ourselves when we come down. Let’s meet in the garage in half an hour.”

 

Waking up early, with plenty of time before their guests arrived, Dragon and King lounged in bed cuddling and kissing. The smaller one of the two, King felt a tingling in his ass he knew was the result of the pounding he’d received the previous night. Every time Dragon had jabbed him his above-average-sized cock, they had both moaned with pleasure. A total bottom, the ex-boxer loved to have his hole used by big dicked tops like his partner.

Devon Marvin Jefferson, known to his friends as Dragon, was a physically imposing man. He retained the solid muscular body which had helped him excel as a collegiate football player. A total top, the diametric opposition in sexual position preference, with the man sharing his bed, was the first sign of their compatibility. An initial bar hookup led to a dinner date, followed by a night of unbridled sex. After six months of seeing each other almost every day, they decided to move in together. It was the first time either one had lived with a lover.

The taller man rolled over on his back, his erection standing up at attention, his eyes fixed upon his partner and a smile on his face. “Come on, baby. Crawl up over here, sit down on it, and take another ride on your favorite toy.” He was holding up his hard flesh as he spoke.

“Damn! My hole is still sore from last night, Big Daddy. Give me a minute.”

“This has to be quick, Rash. My balls need to dump a load inside you before we get ready for our guests. Get moving.”

And that’s what the muscular, compact guy did. Bouncing on what felt as large as a baseball bat, his hard dick slapped the stomach of his lover, leaving behind a trail of goo on the rock-solid abs.

“Oh crap. Not lasting long either, Big Daddy. Real close to shooting my load.”

“Go for it, babe. Fuck yourself silly, I’ll be right with you.”

“Arrgh!” screamed King. He slammed his ass down on his partner’s prick and started spraying his load. The bigger stud grabbed the slim hips above him, holding the exploding ex-boxer in place, as he also reached his climax.

“Damn! Even a ten-minute fuck is hot with you! Come on, cowboy, enough riding for now. Let’s hit the shower.”

 

Devon and Rashid had a pretty nice spread waiting when their friends arrived at their place. The quick round of sex that morning had left the two smiling and their eyes shining; it did not go unnoticed by their fellow Elite Eight members. After hanging their leather jackets, on the antique Tiger Oak hall seat and hat rack next to the front door, the men exchanged greetings and hugs.

“Damn! You’re not the little kid we saw last summer, bro. Rash, if this stud here likes chocolate, you could be single real soon. Lift the shirt, let’s see the abs,” said the tall black man.

CJ did as asked, but it was plain to see he did it in a way he could partially hide his face with the bottom of the shirt. The boy had to be aware of his body but was apparently embarrassed by such blatant displays of attention. Dragon thought he might as well get used to it if he was going to hang out with their crowd of friends. The ribbing amongst the men could be intense, and fairly raunchy at times.

“Fuck! The dude has the beginnings of a six-pack. Eat right and keep lifting’ it’ll get real sharp soon. Stick with it, CJ. You do it long enough, an eight pack’s even a possibility.”

“That’s my son you’re talking to, you bastard!” said César laughing, as he thumped the big guy’s arm.

Neither one of the hosts had shirts on, their athletic physiques were evidence of their dedication to exercise and proper diet. Devon’s smooth upper body had a large Dragon tattoo, decorating the rich mocha skin on the upper left side of his chest. The inked design led to his nickname, given to him by teammates, during his last year in school. Born and raised in the District, he attended the Howard University School of Social Work on a football scholarship. The man was an example of how athletics can be used to obtain a college education, if one keeps in mind the student comes before the athlete.

“Grab a plate and help yourselves guys,” said the African-American man. “We figured we would just sit around the coffee table in the living room and be casual. And, studly, you come sit next to me. I wanna get to know you a little better,” he uttered while licking his lips.

“Asshole!” exclaimed Papa Brett after that comment.

“Okay, buddy, I’m just playing with you. Rash and I wanted to talk to you about the way our relationship works, in case you hear anything from anyone else. Instead of wondering what others may be talking about, you'll already have the facts. Your father and Brett met, what, five years ago?” César nodded, and their friend went back to his explanation. “From that point on, we know neither one has had sex with another person. Yes, they look, and yes, they flirt, but their relationship’s one hundred percent monogamous, and that suits them well.”

“Other gay couples have different degrees of commitment between them when it comes to sexual activities,” explained King, an attorney at Holland & Knight, the same international law firm that César and Brett used for their personal matters. “Some are like your dads; others allow for different degrees of sexual activity outside the relationship.

“We’ve been together a short time and we feel this may be a lifelong commitment we’re making, but we enjoy experimenting a bit, and want to have some fun while we’re still young. That means we often include others in our sexual activities. However, we're both involved at all times, no playing individually is allowed. At some point that will probably change one way or another, but for now, our system works for us.”

“You wanna know something, guys? I’ll repeat what I told Papa this morning; I know I’m young, but I ain’t stupid. You guys ever hear of the internet? I doubt very much anything you’re into would shock me, unless it involves animals or dead people.”

“Too right, mate, those are way the fuck out of my interest zone,” said King as he reached for the pitcher of orange juice and began refilling glasses. “We also wanted to explain something else to you, the two of us are what certain people refer to as Truvada Whores. That’s an HIV medication approved to help prevent infection with the virus; pre-exposure prophylaxis or PrEP.

“We do practice safer sex when other men are involved, but ditch the condoms when it’s only us, or when someone we know and trust is involved. There’s never a one hundred percent fail-safe method, but we believe we’re responsible in our own way. Some will question our choices or criticize us. If you ever hear any comments about how we behave, anything you don’t understand, or anything you have questions about, please ask us. We'll always be honest in our replies.”

Brett jumped in at this point, telling the teen their circle of friends were aware of how important he was to them, they all wanted to have CJ as a full participant in their activities and conversations, and they all expected the boy to not just call them uncles, but to treat them as such.

“Cool beans. Uncle Dragon and Uncle King it is then,” replied CJ causing the darker-skinned guys to smile and extend their fists to bump. “And don’t worry, I know each couple has different approaches, and prefer not to judge others if those choices are different from the ones I would make.”

“Fuck! The kid is a hottie and smart. This has to be love I feel! So, whitey, how do you feel about chocolate?”

“Dragon, you’re such an ass. Stop trying to scare CJ, or I’ll have to beat you up!” exclaimed King while going into his old boxing stance and facing his lover.

 

The Gangplank Marina was a three hundred slip marine community, tucked away on the protected Washington Channel, in the shadow of the Washington Monument. This was where Potus and Pope currently kept the PP docked.

The vessel’s name, derived from the first letter of the owners’ nicknames, always caused smiles and giggles, but the 2001 Lagoon 42 Catamaran was not a joke. It was magnificent inside and out, a pleasure boat designed for luxury, unlike the racing ones seen in competitions such as the America’s Cup.

“Permission to come aboard?” César shouted from the dock.

“Come along, landlubbers. Welcome to our home on the water, CJ!” Thomas John Fitzgerald Kennedy, a detective with the District of Columbia Police Department waved them on. A Boston Irishman to the core, from a long line of police officers, Detective Kennedy had left his hometown when his family had issues with his sexuality. To this day he recalled the comments from his father and his brothers: “How is it possible such an obviously masculine man be a homosexual? How can you allow another man to use you as a woman? You’ll burn in hell if you don’t repent and change your ways.”

The cop was not intimidated by his siblings, his parents, or the priest brought in to help return him to the Church. They all got a big FUCK YOU, as he left town never to return. Accepting a position in the D.C. force he rose swiftly through the ranks. His dedication and hard work were rewarded; his sexual orientation was never an issue with his superior officers or his co-workers.

 

CJ was the first one to walk onto the aft deck and was immediately wrapped in a bear hug by the inked, red-haired, mountain of a man. The teen sensed a stirring in his groin as he enjoyed the man’s chest hair rubbing his face, felt the muscles against his torso, and smelled the musky, clean sweat of the half-naked cop.

“Wow, Uncle Tom, this is awesome! Way cooler than the pictures I’ve seen.”

“Dammit, boy! What have you been doing over the past few months? You’re almost as tall as your dad and it feels as if you have no fat on you. I think you’re gonna enjoy being out on the water with us this summer. You just listen to the boat’s skipper, we might even turn you into a fine sailin’ lad, by the end of summer. ”

“That’s it. If all our friends are going to feel up our boy, we’re just gonna have to lock him up in his room, until he turns forty!” exclaimed César, laughing at the kid’s blushing.

“Jealous much, babe?”

“Fucking A, Brett, damn right I’m jealous! I don’t like the competition or not being the hottest one in the crowd! I miss my glory days.” The pouting face accompanying the bitching made them all chuckle.

“Go inside and get changed, guys. The weather is too damn nice not to get as close as possible to being naked. There’s just going to be nine of us since Chip had to meet with a client refusing to deal with anyone but him. It must be hell to be in such high demand. Our last passenger should be here any minute and then we can head out.”

CJ had not been out on the boat before and was impressed with what he saw. The cat featured a large―fully enclosed―cockpit that bridged the vessel’s two hulls. Peeking into the open and bright salon, he saw a fully equipped galley, lots of storage cabinets, and plenty of seating on comfortable-looking couches.

The detective’s partner, JP, was mixing a pitcher of Bloody Marys while chatting with a gloomy-looking Doc. Anyone could see the friendly Southerner was unhappy. The pair were barefoot and wearing only board shorts, ready for their day out on the Potomac.

“CJ! G’day, mate, good to see ya again! Lifting weights a lot I see; take all those clothes off and show us what you’ve got, stud.”

“This is getting monotonous!” whined César. “Come on, Brett, we’re leaving this pack of old farts, and taking our son home. Are you all so damn horny you have to drool over a high school kid?”

“Hi, Uncle Pope, Uncle Matt,” greeted CJ, smiling and blowing off his dad’s rant.

“Shut the hell up, Emperor. Stop being such a wanker. Come on, kiddo, give me a hug, then I’ll give you the nickel tour of our baby.”

Both hulls of the ship had access from the center section and were laid out similarly. The port and starboard sides both had two cabins, one forward and one aft, each with its own head. There were numerous functional port holes in all cabins, and each had an overhead hatch.

“There are also a pair of single berth cabins, in the foremast sections of the hulls for use by crew, or additional passengers if no separate crew is present. Access hatches from the deck are used to reach these, so I’ll show them to you later. Your dads’ regular cabin is the first one we looked into. Go back there, change, and I’ll see you topside. We’re waiting for one more passenger, we’ll cast off as soon as he gets here.” The Aussie had given the tour before and he knew he sometimes sounded like a used boat salesman, but all the details might come in handy in case of an emergency.

 

Back in the main room, the other men were quietly discussing Doc’s state of unhappiness when CJ walked out wearing a light blue Speedo and a different t-shirt from the one he had been wearing before. This time, it was a navy colored one with the silhouette of a military man with a rifle, and REMEMBER, HONOR, and SUPPORT next to it

“You little thief!” shouted Brett trying to sound gruff and upset. “I kept wondering where I’d left that shirt. I should put you over my knee and spank your butt.”

“Don’t threaten me with a good time, Papa!”

“How the hell are we going to survive them together on a permanent basis? Can we return the kid?” asked Doc, smiling for the first time since the group of bikers had arrived.

“Not on your life, redneck, my hubby wants to make up for all the years he missed with his son. Plus I’m looking forward to being a full-time father, I’m liking it so far,” countered the marine.

“Hello in there! Request permission to come aboard.” Someone with a deep resonant voice was out on the dock.

If you leave a review, I will reply.
Copyright © 2015 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 72
  • Love 19
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



It seems like Cesar and Brett have a fairly closely knit group of friends, with apparently varying sexual tolerance levels. Sounds like CJ is going to learn more about his "uncles" as he hangs around them more. I gotta say though, all of the sexual innuendo towards a 15 year old CJ (he is 15 right?) by a few of of the guys definitely hit an eewww factor with me, even if it was said in a joking manner. I think that's a protective mom reaction though. Maybe it's different with teenage boys and dads? I wonder if Cesar would have reacted the same way if CJ was a 15 year old girl and his straight guy friends were commenting on how nicely her boobs had grown or how she could replace their wife in their bed. I'm probably overthinking things, but, like I said..protective mom reaction.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 01/30/2015 11:56 PM, LitLover said:
It seems like Cesar and Brett have a fairly closely knit group of friends, with apparently varying sexual tolerance levels. Sounds like CJ is going to learn more about his "uncles" as he hangs around them more. I gotta say though, all of the sexual innuendo towards a 15 year old CJ (he is 15 right?) by a few of of the guys definitely hit an eewww factor with me, even if it was said in a joking manner. I think that's a protective mom reaction though. Maybe it's different with teenage boys and dads? I wonder if Cesar would have reacted the same way if CJ was a 15 year old girl and his straight guy friends were commenting on how nicely her boobs had grown or how she could replace their wife in their bed. I'm probably overthinking things, but, like I said..protective mom reaction.
eewww factor? LOL

 

The fiction of most heterosexual couples being monogamous and/or faithful is just that, fiction. Culturally, the gay community has been more honest about their approach to sex than instead of a secret affair between the boss and the employee, those activities are often not hidden. Testosterone?

 

You're correct about a father reacting differently concerning any sort of sexual conversation in front of their daughters as in front of their sons. Gay or not! How many fathers would ask their daughters if they're home late 'cause they were getting laid after a school activity. But that's a question many boys are asked.

 

Right or wrong I think it's hypocritical! Or is all the discussion about equality between the sexes a bunch of BS? Or is there a choice of where there's to be equality and where there isn't? And if that's the case, who gets to make the decision? Is what's good for the goose also good for the gander?

 

I have no clear idea of what the answers to those questions is, hopefully the story will make readers, parents or not, think about the subject. Starting a conversation is always good in my view. I don't care what side of the issue those involved are, listening to opposite point of views is good for the soul.

 

Two comments about the story itself:

 

1. Cesar may say it with humour but he clearly states he's not amused by the "attention" being lavished on CJ.

2. The banter between them all is mostly based on personal experience. I've been involved in a few similar exchanges (no female presents.) One of the funniest involved a gay biker buddy of mine and his 17-year-old straight son. Good looking red-haired kid with a sharp tongue and he gave no quarter when dishing out his own barbs. Brad, my friend eventually relaxed and realized there was no malice intended on our part and that Ryan could handle us without dad's help. :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Isn't CJ 15 years old? Why would adult men not even related to him feel it is necessary to discuss their sexual activities with their friend's child? It seems most of Cesar's friends are inappropriate with his minor son and he only mildly objects to their behavior. As disturbing as all of his friends behavior is, Cesar's behavior is the most disturbing. I would suggest some type of warning to readers at the beginning of this chapter.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 01/31/2015 01:09 AM, Bucket1 said:
After reading LL's review I had to go back and reread the chapter because I took a very different view. It fits with a very blokey/macho group, the innuendo and banter would have been modified if it was a group of straight guys but the flavour would be the same. Cesar made it clear that there were limits but the adults were introducing him into the "grownup" banter. They were making him feel as if he was part of the group. It's their role to treat him as an adult rather than an boy-man and Cesar & Brett's role to keep them all in line. I think CJ's comments showed he was learning the lingo and called his dad out on the spanking line.

I got the impression that if it went too much further that Cesar would be in protective lioness mode just like you. (Or the macho gay male equivalent :P )

As both LL & Carlos pointed out the rules are different for girls. Unfair inequitable reality we live in. That being said I do know of an earth mother goddess type who perpetually embarrasses her daughter by asking her if she plans on having sex with her boyfriend (with him in the room) and how he needs to think about the woman's pleasure when he is "becoming one with the female goddess". I had to laugh when she was questioning the bf on if he knows where her daughter's clitoris is and he says she left it in his car, should he go out and get it for her? Deadpan, no smirk. Then the daughter threw a cushion at him.

Different strokes for different folks? She left her clitoris in the car? You're killing me here.

 

Parenting has evolved over the years (who the hell thought of wearing helmets when I was riding my bicycle? yet today some mothers require their kids to wear full body armor before they step outside the house)ad it is an enlightened parent who acknowledges the realities of raising a child in the 21st Century and does not back away from the responsibilities.

 

I wish my dad had explained things to me as clearly as CJ is hearing them when I was that age. At 15 I'd already done the deed so he would have been a couple of years late but still...

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 01/31/2015 09:41 PM, Timothy M. said:
Am I the only one wondering why Doc is unhappy? It's more than just Chip not joining them due to work, isn't it? Is he worried about Chip cheating on him? Or are they in a bad spot in their relationship?
Hmmmmmmmm.

 

You mean you actually paid attention to something other than the sexual education and jokes? Why Tim, how dare you look at the subtleties in the plot?!?

 

:P

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/01/2015 03:14 AM, Headstall said:
A very smart lady told me you can't please everyone, and that you have to write the story that's in your head. Do I have an opinion about what the focus of discussion is? Absolutely. As a dedicated Father of four amazing kids who have been 15 at one time, I have my own idea of what is age appropriate. Do I agree with your responses or the reasoning behind them? Hell no! I could give you quite a list of things I don't agree with while observing the discussion, but I won't. It makes no difference. The point is, it is your story, only partly told. Some won't like certain things, but as long as they don't make it a personal attack, and stick to criticizing the story itself, then it's all fair. I won't presume to know where you are going here... I know that it's not 'a silly love story', nor is it one of those filled with angst where people can't make up their minds( ad nauseam ). But that is all I know because that is what you have said. A lot remains to be seen. Did I like the chapter? I would like to say yes, but I found myself somewhat disturbed by the set up of it. So I had trouble seeing the point. Does it bother me that I couldn't get past it? That would mean I wasn't the person I am and want to be. No person can class me as close minded, prudish, limited or stupid. Although I have a farm, I am a Torontonian,and possess the level of sophistication and experience with gay life, and life in general that goes with that. No podunk here. All the characters so far, are interesting to say the least. So I see real potential there. I am comfortable and interested in the interactions between the adults, themselves. I will make one more point though, and you can choose to ignore it...obviously there is a sore spot for some with this chapter. I would put forth that a lot of the gay men that I like and respect, have a real abhorrence to interacting to kids with any innuendo involved, because for the longest time, gay men had the stigma of pedophilia attached to them by many...and in some instances still do. I think you should expect an enhanced sensitivity to the subject because of that.
Gary,

 

Thanks for reading and for leaving a comment.

 

Carlos

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/01/2015 05:33 AM, Lisa said:
CJ seems very mature for being only fifteen. I don't really know what to say about what Cesar and Brett's friends talk about in front of CJ. I think I agree with LL about the ewww factor. Turning it around, if CJ was a girl and all the friends were straight and Dragon was joking (I hope joking! :P), about leaving King (who I guess would be female, so we'll call her Queen for now! lol), for CJ, it would definitely be an ewwww, perv pedo moment, that might very well make the female CJ very uncomfortable.

 

Your CJ, however, lets it roll off of him and doesn't pay his dads' friends any mind. I mean, I guess it's good that the Elite Eight don't have any problems discussing sex stuff with a fifteen-year-old, but was it really necessary? Does CJ really need to know that Dragon and King sometimes bring a third into their "sexual activities"? I don't think CJ needs to know anything about what goes on in his dads' friends' bedrooms, or living rooms, or dining rooms, or kitchens...

 

I know you said in LL's review response that the banter is based on personal experiences, but a seventeen-year-old boy is still generally more mature than a fifteen-year-old boy. A fifteen-year-old boy was a fourteen-year-old boy not too long ago.

 

Oh, and did you ever live in Canada or the UK for a period of time? I noticed you wrote 'humour' instead of 'humor'. :D

Been writing British, Canadian and Australian characters and trying to be 'authentic' so sometimes I get confused.

 

I think I'm flattered readers feel so strongly about what I'm exposing CJ to. The reactions, both positive and negative and public and private I'm sure will continue as I think ahead to what's in the next few chapters. I'm interested in seeing what people have to say as CJ is exposed to a wide variety of activities and opinions.

 

Thanks for reading and for leaving a comment, Lisa!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/02/2015 08:10 AM, Robert Rex said:
Good chapter! You portrayed the locker room language and mentality lots of gay men use when in groups. CJ has made it clear he's got plenty of street smarts, understands (at least at an intellectual level) the interactions, and even turns on the smart-ass comments himself later (paraphrasing here) "You need your butt whipped" "Don't promise me a good time!".

CJ isn't threatened by any of this and his dads are close by, monitoring what's going on, and when necessary stepping in to lighten the language and situation.

I'm just curious about who's waiting to come on board! Bring on the next chapter!

Hey Rex, thanks for the comments, buddy.

 

The visitor is nobody special, although he may just become an influence on CJ for years to come. ;)

 

As for they guys bull session, I'm realizing that what seems entirely normal to me based on my experiences appears as strange as a two-headed space alien to others. I even had a PM from a guy telling me gay men don't talk like that and it sounded like a bunch of straight guys instead.

 

I offered to prove him just how gay I was if he sent me a picture and he wasn't butt ugly LOL Yeah, I know, I'm shallow and now all the butt ugly people are going to hate me!

 

Thanks for sticking with my, bubba!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 02/04/2015 11:40 AM, PBax said:
What I like about this story is the virility of the characters--not just physically, but emotionally and financially as well. It's important to have strong, proud and confident gay male characters. As a group (big generalization here, not directed at any one person or locality) it is sometimes too easy to self-stigmatize ourselves--even in this day and age. It's good to have characters that stand tall and are unashamed. That's my favorite part about this story. :)
Thanks for the comments, PB.

 

You come pretty darn close to what I've tried to portray, when you describe my characters. I've been often told self-confidence is one of the sexiest attribute a man can have. That's the common characteristic I'm hoping each of my men displays and part of what helps bind them together.

 

It's also what I want to show CJ developing after receiving a devastating blow when he was rejected by his mom and stepdad. It may be a slow process and it may be one of those that involve 2 steps forward and 1 step back but the acceptance by his 'uncles', the fact he's treated as one of them and the care and love of his two dads will be an integral part of his development.

 

Thanks for following along and I look forward to hearing from you often!

 

Carlos

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 03/15/2015 07:40 AM, Jorgen Jackson said:
You really make the guys in the story sound hot! I get the vapors only from reading about them. Good job!

About CJ, how often have I heard people saying similar things about girls? Of course, girls don't get complimented about their boobs, or six-packs, but they get complimented often enough about what beautiful young women they've become, and how beautiful they look.

I admit, at the beginning, all that banter about CJ made me a little bit uncomfortable, but then I thought, from CJ's point of view, they are all old farts; and from the guys point of view, they are having a blast teasing the kid. Sometimes the problem is in our heads, complicating things that are simple.

LOL

 

If I can give you the vapors, by describing how characters look and act, then I'm happy. I'm thinking I did a decent job writing that stuff!

 

The gay community is not all the same and I'm hoping I can show that in my story. I may not agree with everything I write myself, but as long as it's realistic, I'll try to do a good job writing it.

 

In this case, the way Cesar and Brett allowed their friends to discuss something with their son, is something I believe in. It's something I saw my brother and his wife do with their daughters when they were just entering puberty. Hell, at 15, they're a couple of years late. But then again they didn't know CJ was gsy until the previous week!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 03/18/2015 09:25 AM, EagleIsaac said:
The group of friends sound a lot like my group of friends when we get together - with the language and the ribbing. I have never spoken that way to my friends kids or my nephews, but I guess it was ok with Cesar and he was there to protect his kid if needed. It was nice that CJ was included with the group. He will have more people he can talk to about things he may not be comfortable discussing with his dads.
They sound a lot like my group of friends also LOL

 

Lots of reasons for the way CJ's dealt with. He's a gay boy, sexually capable and internet savvy. If I'm going to portray a realistic group of gay men, not all can be in monogamous faithful relationships. The 2 younger ones were perfect to turn into party boys. CJ just went through trauma about being gay and he's being told he should accept who he is and there's no need to hide. It wouldn't work for some of the people he's going to become close with to hide themselves.

I did refrain from having Dragon describe in detail what happens when they play with those extra guys. :rofl:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/28/2015 12:40 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Hmmm, not sure how I feel, but I was a prostitute at 15. I never grew up normally, never had the usual male role models...not sure I'd have been prepared to discuss my parents sex lives or that of their friends, but they were straight not gay.

 

So I'm gonna trust you here, C.

 

tim

That chapter created somewhat of a firestorm when it first appeared. It does set the tone for open and frank communications between them later on. I wouldn't have been able to have that conversation with my parents, them being straight would have had something to do with it, but times have changed and I've seen somewhat similar chats between parents and kids. Not the exact circumstances but same coloring.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

@Dmrman

 

Unfortunately, I never heard back about what type of warning Sammi would have liked. If you read through the comments, some readers objected to the honest conversations but I'm sticking to my guns. Parenting is individual and when helicopter ones try to push their over protectiveness onto others, I find it insulting. Furthermore, the dynamics of a group of gay men together will never be understood by women. The moment one enters the scene the conversation changes no matter how accepting either side may be. I'm pretty certain this chapter and the next lost me a few readers but not everyone can handle the truth so it may have been for the best.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..