Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Walls - 5. December 2014

“Wait… Let me count the ways I give a fuck.” Chipper held his fist forward and in agonizing slowness, while staring upwards appearing lost in thought, unfurled his fingers one at a time. Once they’d all been extended he quickly closed his hand, formed a circle with thumb and index finger, and waved it in front of CJ.

The two of them were on their way home alone; Bradley and Patrick both had after-school activities and remained behind at Walls. “Really?” CJ was surprised, this wasn’t the reaction he was expecting. “You’re not upset?”

“Dude, don’t be a dick. Why would I be upset about it? You and Owen want to be monogamous and that’s way cool. You know how I feel about cheating well enough.”

“Well, what you and I’ve done together wasn’t cheating. We were both single. And what we did in New York wasn’t cheating either. All three of us were in on it, even if the booze kinda loosened us up.”

“Don’t remind me. Every time you’ve fucked me I end up a little more loosened up. With the two of you at the same time, one in back and one in front, I came so hard I thought I was exploding. And having your dick inside me while I came inside Owen was the hottest ever. But fuck if I’m going to get pissy because I don’t get to be with you or in the middle anymore. You’re my best friend. I love you and Ozzie like brothers and that’s that.”

“Thanks.” CJ’s mumbled response was honest. When Owen agreed to keep sex between just them, he’d worried about Chipper who’d suggested he wanted a rematch after their weekend in the City. Not wanting to see, hear about, or even imagine Owen with someone else was one of the reasons he’d listened to his cousins and asked the Aussie to be his boyfriend.

“So, how does it feel to have a boyfriend and be getting laid every day?”

“Asshole. I’m not getting laid every day. But having a boyfriend’s lit.” CJ’s smile seemed endless. He had told his dads and his close group of friends about the new official status of his relationship, but not made a big deal out of it at school. People were giving him crap about his constant good mood; he simply nodded when they asked why and ignored them. He was surprised Harley hadn’t babbled yet. It was only a matter of time before his bestie let the cat out of the bag. His bud would get excited about something or other at some point and it would slip out. But he didn’t give a shit. He was happy. The only reason he wasn’t broadcasting the news was he knew he’d get even more shit from his classmates.

“I figured with him living next door you two would be going at it all the time.”

“Not a chance. The dads set rules for how often Ozzie can spend the night. Kinda the same shit they did with pot smoking. They don’t tell me what I can’t do. Instead, they tell me what’s allowed. I can get high and or have company on Friday and Saturday nights. Or if there’s a holiday, on the night before. Anyway, Ozzie’s such a bookworm you wouldn’t believe it. He spends more time studying than any of us does.”

“I guess law school’s more demanding than high school?”

“Yeah, he tells me the same thing all the time. But it’s cool. We do see each other every day. And there are no restrictions on making out. That man can fucking kiss! I’ve gone to sleep with a tired tongue and puffy lips the last couple of nights. We have a black tie thing with the dads this Friday and I can’t wait. I’m gonna fuck him so hard once we get home I may have to shove something in his mouth to keep him quiet. You know how loud he can get.”

“Don’t remind me. Kinda sucks he’s leaving for Australia right after classes are over. But then again, if you guys were together for two weeks with no school, we’d prolly never see either one of you.”

“He, he, he. True dat. So have you decided what you’re doing over vacation?”

“Yeah, Cristina and I are flying down to Tampa and spending Christmas with Dad.”

“Really? That’s cool, bro. You guys should come down to Miami for a couple of days. The dads and I’ll be there.”

“No can do. Part of the deal’s I get to fly back to New York with my sis. She moves into the apartment with me for a few days, and I get to go to a college New Year’s Eve party with her. Dad said I couldn’t stay there by myself and Doc backed him up. But with Cristina’s dorm being closed, it works out for both of us.”

“You going to hook up with any of the girls you knew before?”

“Sure as shit hope so. And there’s two guys I used to play ball with I wouldn’t mind getting naked with. I’ve learned a lot since I moved to Washington, CJ.”

“Whatever, dude. I just don’t understand how you like pussy and dick. I’d rather have a hard-muscled stud under me than a squishy-soft girl. And what the fuck are you gonna do when you get older? Considering how you feel about cheating, I can’t see you marrying a woman and having a boyfriend on the side.”

“Shit no! That’ll never happen. I don’t want to turn into my father. But I’m not gonna worry about it yet. Maybe I’ll get lucky, meet another bi guy and then the two of us can find a girl. Preferably someone who likes to get double stuffed.”

“That sounds like what Randy and Ty had with Natasha.”

“Your cousins? Who’s Natasha?”

CJ shook his head and chuckled, remembering his initial meeting with the girl. “Natasha’s a Russian fashion model they dated for a while. Gorgeous woman. They broke up at the beginning of the year. She wanted to marry one of them so she could stay in the US legally.”

“So your cousins are bi too? I didn’t know that.”

“Rod claims he’s a hundred percent straight. I have no reason to doubt him. Hell, you saw how he was all over Taisha Thanksgiving weekend. That man’s smitten!”

“But Randy and his boyfriend are bi? I thought they were completely gay.”

“Nope. Although I don’t know how Ty can handle my cousin fucking him all the time. Randy’s a top. And his dick’s way bigger than mine.”

Chipper stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, forcing a couple of people to grumble when they had to detour around him. “How the fuck you know that?”

“Dude, I caught them fucking the first time I went to visit them in Chicago. Ty was in the middle and when Randy pulled back I just about choked. Damn if my cousin ain’t hung like a horse.”

“Now you tell me? So Ty, that short, hairy, musclebound guy’s a bottom? I’d fuck him.”

• • •

Owen pulled the bedsheet over his head and groused, throwing an arm over his eyes, searching for darkness. Without the blackout drapes drawn, late-autumn sunlight filtered through the spaces between and around the blinds’ wood slats. “I’m cold. Where’s the doona and why are we getting up so early on a Saturday morning?”

“Poor baby. Here, I’ll keep you warm.” CJ pulled the blonde’s head to his chest and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. “We’re getting up early ’cause the clinic’s only open in the mornings on Saturdays. You’re gonna spend all your time next week studying for semester finals so this is our only chance to get it done. And I want to stop for breakfast at a new place before we go get tested.”

Owen moved his head to the crook of CJ’s arm and looked at his boyfriend’s face while his fingers twirled the hair on the younger man’s chest. “Your eyes are doing that weird thing again. They’re more pale green than blue right now. Bloody hell, if we’re going to be up this early and running around most of the day, we may as well start off right. Do we have time for one more before we get out of bed?” He slid his hand down CJ’s torso until it grasped the already thickening flesh and his mouth moved to the nipple nearest him giving it a lick.

“Stop it…” His senses overwhelmed by the dual sensations, CJ whimpered. “No, we don’t have time for that right now. Get off me and get up, you big lug. I can’t believe you’re ready to get nailed again. You’re fucking insatiable. Aren’t you sore after last night?”

“Nothing I can’t handle,” Owen purred, moving his hand back up, ghosting his fingers over each of the clearly defined abdominal ridges. “Where are we going to eat anyway?”

“Dog Tag Bakery opens today and I want to check it out. It’s near Doc and Chipper’s place. Down by the waterfront.”

“What’s so special about it?” When CJ continued to refuse, Owen gave up, stretched his arms upwards and yawned. “Won’t it be real crowded if it’s their opening day?”

“Not if we get there early enough.” CJ threw off the covers and sat on the edge of the bed before standing and padding towards the bathroom. “The place’s part of a program to help disabled veterans. They go to school at GU and learn all about how to run a small business. The bakery provides hands on experience and all the profits go to help the program. I forget how many months each vet’s there. But when they’re done, they end up with a Certificate in Business Administration from the School of Continuing Studies.”

“You and your causes! Mate, you’re such a do-gooder. I think it’s one of the reasons I like you so much.”

“Prove it then,” CJ shouted through the open door as he relieved his bladder. “You jump in the shower and I’ll go downstairs and get some coffee. You want the same or tea?”

“Coffee’s fine, quicker caffeine injection. Lots of milk and―”

“I know, I know, three sugars. Do you need to go next door to get clothes?”

“Nope, I’ve got my coat, jeans and trainers. I’ll borrow socks and one of your jumpers.” Being almost four inches taller than CJ, the two men couldn’t share pants or dress shirts, but casual ones were different a matter. This wouldn’t be the first time Owen wore one of CJ’s sweatshirts.

“No undies?”

“Nah,” the blonde replied, abandoning the comfort of the bed and sitting up. “My boyfriend likes easy access.”

“You’re such a perv.” CJ slipped on the boxers and t-shirt he’d worn the previous night and stood at the door, leering. “But I’m down. A butt like that should never be hidden.” He ducked to avoid the pillow thrown his way and scampered downstairs in search of caffeine.

• • •

“Mate, can I drive?”

CJ extended his arm and dropped the keys in Owen’s hand, smiling as they watched the garage door rise. He was slowly realizing it was hard to say no to the handsome man standing next to him.

They found a spot on Grace Street, a half-block away from the bakery, and pulled Defiant into it. Opening the door and stepping in the shop, they were greeted by a chorus of warm welcomes and enveloped by the intoxicating aroma of fresh-baked goods. An incredible array of goodies was displayed on metal trays within the glass fronted cabinets, drawing customers to ogle and deeply inhale.

CJ reached for his boyfriend’s hand and held it, interlacing their fingers. “Go for it, Ozzie. Your sweet tooth must be squawking right about now.”

“I don’t have the faintest idea what to get. It all smells and looks so bloody delicious.” He gently squeezed CJ’s hand, disentangled them, and reached for a bite sized sample from a white plate atop the counter. “Ohh, that’s so good,” he said closing his eyes and licking his lips. “I want one of those. Whatever they are.”

“Butterscotch Blondies,” said a smiling, olive-skinned young man from behind the serving area. He raised a prosthetic arm and nudged a second piece of china closer to the two men, this one a bright, cheery yellow. “Try this. It’s our biscotti. I heard your husband say you have a sweet tooth so these may not have enough sugar for you.”

“He’s not my husband.” CJ hesitated before chuckling and waving his left hand in front of the man. “See? No ring. Sorry, Manuel. Ozzie’s my boyfriend but I’m too young to get married. I’m still in high school.”

“Really? I thought you were both like in college or something.”

“I am.” Ozzie nudged CJ with his shoulder and smirked. “I’m six years older than CJ right now and I’m in law school.”

“Damn, mano, you like ‘em young, eh? But he looks older than you anyway. So what can I get you guys?”

They left the store, each with a tall coffee and CJ carrying a bag full of goodies. Owen stopped by the side of Defiant and looked at CJ across the Jeep’s roof before unlocking the door. “What did that guy call me back there? And how did you know his name?”

“He called you mano. It’s short for hermano, which means brother. Puerto Ricans use it like you guys use mate. Don’t get jealous, he had a nametag. You prolly didn’t see it ‘cause it was on his shirt and the apron hid it most of the time. One thing I learned working for that Senator last year is you call a person by their name whenever possible. It makes whatever interaction you’re having with them more personal.”

Owen chuckled while pulling out into the street. “Your cousins were right when they called you a political animal. I have no idea where we’re going. You have to give me directions.”

“No problem, I’ll tell you where to turn.”

“So, CJ, how come you’re so keen on getting tested?”

“Ummm, a couple of reasons. First is, we agreed no more sex with anyone else. Second, last time I was tested was in August and Pres wanted me to do it every three months. I was negative for everything back then. You told me your results were the same when you went to the student clinic at George Mason a couple of months ago.”

“That’s true. And I’ve always been safe since.”

“Me too. But I don’t want to tonight. The last time I was the catcher was in Australia when we first met. Hell, you’re the only guy who’s ever fucked me.” CJ turned sideways in his seat, smirking while staring at Owen. “I wanna do it again. I want you to fuck me. And I don’t want anything between us when you do.”

• • •

“Morning, buddy! Happy birthday!” César placed his mug on the counter, walked around it, and wrapped his son in his arms. “What are you doing up so early? You going to the gym?”

“Morning,” CJ replied, rubbing his eyes and walking towards the coffeemaker. “I only stay in bed when Ozzie spends the night. He’s the one who likes to sleep late. So when he’s here I stick it out in bed even if I wake up early.”

“Dude, the man left two days ago and you already miss him?” Brett sat on one of the stools with his arms spread wide, inviting CJ to come in for a hug. “Happy birthday.”

“What can I say? I like sleeping next to him. And don’t give me shit, Papa. Every time Dad has to be away overnight for work, you go a little nutso.”

“Yeah, but I’ve been sleeping with him for years. I’m hopeless by now. So what are your plans today?”

“Ummm, I’m skyping with Ozzie in half an hour or so. Since we’re going to be in the air tonight, we’re doing it this morning. It’s already been my birthday for hours in Australia anyway. After that, I’m going to get my driver’s license upgraded and stopping somewhere to pick up something.” The sneaky tone caused raised eyebrows from both parents. “I may meet up with Harley at some point too.”

“Just Harley?” César asked. “What about the rest of the crew?”

“Prolly talk to them. But since we had my birthday party at Rogo’s on Saturday… Anyway, I’ll be back here around lunch so I can finish packing.” As the caffeine coursed through CJ’s bloodstream he became more alert; he sat next to Brett and leaned his head against the man’s shoulder. “And I need to deal with your Christmas presents. Can’t take those to Miami with me.”

“Speaking of presents…” César walked over to the bar, opened up the liquor cabinet, and retrieved a brightly colored package. “Owen left this for you.”

“And you hid it with the booze?” CJ grinned and eyes twinkling, reached for the present his dad held out to him.

“I know my son. You wouldn’t go in there without asking permission. Figured it was safe.”

CJ placed the package on the kitchen counter, ripped off the wrapping paper, and using a steak knife slit open the box. “Fucking A! A dart board for the game room in the basement. Did you guys know about this?”

“We may have had an idea…” Brett was being coy. He tilted his head slightly, wiggled his eyebrows, and stole a glance at his husband.

“Oh, for goodness sake! Go for it, Jarhead. I can see you’re even more excited than the kid is.”

“What are you up to, Papa?”

“Dude, your present from us isn’t entirely ready. We have the elevator company coming by this morning. But here, this is half of it.” He reached into the pocket of his sweatpants and pulled out a key he placed in front of CJ.

“A key? I already have one, Papa. How do you think I get in and out of the house?”

“Asshole! Stop being a smartass for a minute. It’s not a house key. It’s for the deadbolt on the basement door. The elevator company will be by later to add a lock to the unit. You’ll need a key to take it downstairs from now on. We’ll keep a copy of each key in our safe but otherwise you can lock yourself down there whenever you want.”

“Why would I wanna do that?”

César draped an arm around Brett’s shoulders and gave him a peck on the cheek. “It’s his birthday and you call him names? What the fuck am I going to do with you, Jarhead? We’re letting you move downstairs and take over the big bedroom, CJ. We’d like to be able to enjoy the game room whenever we want, but―this doesn’t change the rules about drinking, smoking, or overnight guests―if you and Ozzie feel the need for complete privacy now and then…”

• • •

“I don’t know about you, Jarhead, but I’m exhausted.” César didn’t bother removing his clothes before collapsing on the comfortable bed.

“Does that mean I shouldn’t place an order for early breakfast from room service?”

“Fuck you! We’re sleeping in. I told CJ not to bother us when he walks over to borrow Mami’s car.” They’d taken a late flight to Miami, picked up their rental, and driven to the hotel. CJ called his brother and both sets of grandparents during the ride to let them know he was in town and would see them the next day.

“Then you better call your parents now and tell them we’ll see them at lunchtime. If you don’t, your phone will be ringing as soon as the boy gets there and we’re not with him.”

“I’ll do it in a minute. Why don’t you call or text Rod while I deal with my parents?”

“What for?” The previous year Randy, Tyler, and Natasha had spent New Year’s Eve in Washington at the house; this time around Rod had asked to use it.

“I don’t think they’ll need it for anything, but let him know he and Taisha won’t be able to use the elevator if they want to go downstairs. We didn’t leave him a key.”

“You think he’s going to bring Taisha to our house while he’s in town?”

“Really, Jarhead?”

“Yeah, you’re right, that was stupid. I guess we have her partially to thank for him agreeing to move to DC and come work for us. They make a cute couple. I’m hoping it works out. Better than the homophobic bitch he dated before, for sure.”

• • •

“Hey, Ozzie! Happy New Year! What’s going on? You getting ready to go out and party?” CJ sat in his room at the Biltmore alone. He’d told his dads he would join them at the abuelos’ house after he finished his Skype session. It was the morning of the thirty-first. They would be at Sun Life Stadium in the evening for the Orange Bowl game so he’d made plans to talk to the Aussie early in the day.

“Same shit. Happy New Year, CJ.” Owen’s tone was flat; he didn’t look or sound happy.

“Dude, you sound pissed. What’s wrong? Did I do something wrong?”

“Nah… It has nothing to do with you. I’m upset with my family.”

“What happened?” CJ worried maybe Owen’s parents didn’t approve of their son being with him. Maybe they thought CJ was too young? He knew the age difference was bullshit. It was the same as between his dads, but some people had raised an eyebrow when told the two had become boyfriends.

“You remember Liz’s headaches back in winter?”

“Yeah, she went to the doctor. But when we had dinner in Sydney she said it was nothing to worry about.”

“She lied. Turns out they found cancer and she was in hospital yesterday to have surgery.”

“WHAT? Is she okay? Dude, this sucks. I can try and fly down if you want me to. It’d be for a couple of days only―”

“No, no, no. Thanks, but not necessary. When they found the tumor they figured out it was slow growing. They waited and sought a second and then a third opinion, but finally decided they had to go in and remove it. Surgery supposedly went well. They’re gonna start chemo next month. The doctor said they think they got the entire tumor out and the prognosis is good.”

“Do you know who the best florist in the area is? I’m gonna send her the biggest flower arrangement I can find.”

“I’ll have to ask who’s best these days. I’ll text you a name later. Anyway, as you can imagine, I’m not in the best of moods.”

“I’m sorry, Ozzie. Wish I was there to give you a hug and a kiss.”

“Me too. But we’ll see each other soon enough. In the meantime you could cheer me up by sending me something.”

“Sure, what do you want?”

“How ‘bout a few selfies… naked.”

“Geez, you are a perv.”

“I just want a little inspiration for a good wank.”

“Ummm, you’re gonna have to use your imagination, buddy. I’m never sending naked pictures to anyone.”

“Not even me? Come on, I won’t show them to anybody.”

“I believe you, but it’s not you I’m worried about. Anything we put out there can be stolen. You think Anthony Wiener thought the pictures of his pecker would be on the front pages? Look what happened to that guy in Australia who pissed himself.”

Owen’s furrowed brow telegraphed his confusion. “Who’s Anthony Weiner?”

“A minor politician from New York. He got caught sexting and Weiner’s wiener became famous. It cost him his congressional seat first and then an election for mayor of New York City.” CJ couldn’t stop laughing at his own bad pun.

“Already planning your run for office, I see. Fine, be that way. So you said your dads liked their Christmas presents?”

“Yeah, pretty sure they did for real. Dad couldn’t believe I found an autographed copy of Springsteen’s Born to Run and had it framed for him.”

“What about Brett?”

“When he saw it hanging on the game room’s wall he went crazy. We fly the Marine Corps flag all the time but he liked having the eagle, globe, and anchor seal framed and inside the house. The bad part, he’s not stopped repeating what I had inscribed on it since then. It’s like every chance he gets he spouts, ‘To err is human, to forgive is divine. Neither is Marine Corps policy.’”

Owen’s uproarious laughter made CJ feel good. He’d been able to cheer up his boyfriend. “Mate, that sounds just like your father. I can see him strutting around repeating it over and over.”

“Pretty much how it’s gone.”

• • •

César handed each of them a lanyard with a plastic holder at the bottom in which he’d already slipped their tickets for the game. “Put these around your necks, guys. If we get separated wandering around they’ll get you back here. CJ, I’d rather you not leave this level but if you decide to do so, please tell Papa or me first. Ritchie, please stick with your brother or one of us. Okay, buddy? Last thing we need’s for you to get lost.” The smile on his face diminished any sternness the words may have had.

“Sure thing, Mr. A. I’d rather stay with CJ anyway. Too many people around here and I definitely don’t want to get lost.”

“Damn, Dad. This place opulent enough?”

“Opulent? What are you doing, CJ? Trying to impress Ritchie by using quarter words?” Brett’s comment earned him a scowl from CJ but had Ritchie covering his mouth to muffle his giggling.

“You guys are fun. I like―WOW! This is awesome!” Ritchie stopped at the front railing and stared out the opening of the luxury suite; CJ stopped next to him with a hand on his brother’s shoulder.

The rich emerald expanse shimmered in the bright stadium lights. The vivid Orange Bowl logo painted in the center of the field popped as if it were a holographic image. Only about half the seats were filled; it was still a long time before kick-off time but you could already distinguish blocks of fans for each of the teams by the color of their attire. The favored Mississippi State supporters were decked out predominantly in maroon, while the opposing Georgia Tech rooters sported a multitude of shades of gold.

CJ turned around when he felt a hand gently placed on his shoulder and noticed César do the same with Ritchie. “What’s up, Dad? This is awesome.”

“It is awesome, Mr. A. I’ve never been here before. Last game my dad brought me to he called the area we were sitting at the nose-bleed section.”

“Hey, that’s not always bad.” César looked down at the boy and ruffled his hair with affection. “When you’re sitting up there you get a great view. Anyway, Can you guys come with me for a few minutes? I need to introduce you to the managing partner of the Miami office.”

“Is this the guy at Ernst & Young who gets all these great tickets for us?” CJ’s question was whispered so only his father could hear it.

“Yeah. He’s a nice guy. Keeps trying to convince me to transfer down here.” César chuckled before leaning down and murmuring in CJ’s ear. “Poor guy thought I was going to move when I told him Brett had resigned his commission. I’d always used the Jarhead’s posting at Quantico and then at the Pentagon as an excuse.”

CJ stopped and held his father by the elbow. “We’re not moving, are we?”

“Nah, stop looking so worried. I like DC just fine and I think my husband and my son do too.”

At the end of the third quarter, the underdog team from Georgia led by twenty-two points. CJ and Ritchie stood and walked towards the back of the suite in search of something else to eat. The free, endless supply of food and drink was novel to the younger brother. “How come we don’t have to pay for any of this, CJ?”

“It’s part of the deal dad’s company has with the stadium. They pay something to have exclusive access to the suite and get a number of tickets for every Dolphins game. Then, if there’s something else they want to use it for, they buy the tickets for that event.”

“So, your dad ends up paying for it?” The boy sounded worried. “But that’s a lot.”

CJ chuckled and draped an arm over his brother’s shoulders. “Don’t worry about it, okay? Dad’s a bigshot in the company and Papa’s a client of theirs so I’m sure it’ll be fine.”

“Hey, CJ, could you give this to your dad right away? Please?”

“Sure thing, Nick.” The head of EY’s southernmost office in the US insisted on being called by his first name when he was introduced to the brothers. Although he’d been jovial when they’d met him earlier, his current demeanor was somber. “Ritchie, I’ll be right back, okay?”

“I’ll go with you. Your dad asked us to stay together.”

César and Brett were talking with a couple they’d been introduced to earlier in the evening but whose name CJ couldn’t suddenly recall. He stared at the small envelope he’d been handed, apprehensive about the contents. Nick’s behavior was so different than when they’d first met him it worried him. CJ excused himself and handed the missive to his father.

“Nick asked me to give you this.”

César stepped aside, opened the envelope, and retrieved a slip of paper. His eyes shot open when he looked at it and quickly glanced at Ritchie before handing the note to Brett.

“Guys, I need to make a few calls. Brett, hang on to Ritchie. Ritchie, please hold on to his hand and don’t let go, okay?” The boy nodded and reached for Brett. He looked scared but complied with the request without fussing. “A lot of people are gonna start leaving soon. Traffic’s going to be a mess, and we need to get out of here quickly. CJ, here’s the keys to the car. You know Miami better. You drive.”

“What’s going on, Dad? What’s wrong? Are we going to the abuelos’ place?”

“No, we need to go to Aba’s.” He and CJ were walking behind Brett and Ritchie. Keeping his voice low so only CJ could hear him, he handed his son the note. “Here, read this.”

Thank you Mann Ramblings, Kitt, and Reader 1810 for your hard work.
C. A. Hazday
  • Like 75
  • Love 12
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



A cliffhanger?? Seriously?
Good job as usual, Carlos, reading your stories I always feel like I am peeking on the lines of this family. Thanks!
Jose

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 02/03/2017 08:39 PM, 1brokNangel said:

OMG.......how could you !?!?!?!?.....

How could I send Ozzie to Australia and CJ to Miami right after they became a couple? Is that what you mean? :P

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 02/03/2017 08:50 PM, JACC said:

A cliffhanger?? Seriously?

Good job as usual, Carlos, reading your stories I always feel like I am peeking on the lines of this family. Thanks!

Jose

Papo!

 

A cliffie? Where?

 

The series is all about CJ coming of age and family plays a big part so I like to share glimpses on how he interacts with relatives and friends.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/03/2017 10:49 PM, avidreadr said:

Arg! Do we really have to wait a whole week? Great chapter, otherwise.

LOL

 

It's only seven days! And there's so much going on in this chapter it'll take some of us that long to digest all the eggs!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/03/2017 11:56 PM, tabaqui said:

why did you let that goat write the end of this chapter?

you know i hate cliffhangers :lol:

If you're talking about C James you'll notice he has the same initials as our hero. Sometimes it's hard not to channel the king of cliffhangers!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Ok so who was it that was just saying they NEVER leave cliffhangers?

 

The way everything went down there at the end, it seemed like there was some kind of bomb threat or something. However I don't think there was a bomb threat at the 2014 Orange Bowl so I have no idea what the heck is going on.

 

Beyond that, this chapter was a lot of fun. Seeing CJ and Owen in couple more was very nice. I had an inkling way back when that Owen's sister had cancer, though I never mentioned it previously. What will happen with her? She hasn't played a major role in the story as of yet, but obviously now that Owen has just gotten that much more important to CJ's story this could definitely effect him and by extension CJ.

 

Loved it as usual Carlos. I'll just have to forgive you for the damn cliffhanger.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 02/04/2017 12:29 AM, spikey582 said:

Ok so who was it that was just saying they NEVER leave cliffhangers?

 

The way everything went down there at the end, it seemed like there was some kind of bomb threat or something. However I don't think there was a bomb threat at the 2014 Orange Bowl so I have no idea what the heck is going on.

 

Beyond that, this chapter was a lot of fun. Seeing CJ and Owen in couple more was very nice. I had an inkling way back when that Owen's sister had cancer, though I never mentioned it previously. What will happen with her? She hasn't played a major role in the story as of yet, but obviously now that Owen has just gotten that much more important to CJ's story this could definitely effect him and by extension CJ.

 

Loved it as usual Carlos. I'll just have to forgive you for the damn cliffhanger.

Forgive me, father for I may have sinned. Readers have suggested I've written romantic scenes and a cliffhanger...

 

You're correct, we haven't heard much from/about Liz but she was always meant to play a YUGE part in the story. You'll just have to keep reading for a while. :D

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Hi Carlos, great chapter and dare I say it a possible cliffhanger?? nah....never...
Really enjoying the story's and the information you add about places and people makes the reader feel as if they are there.
But this chapter was perplexing, it almost seemed you were in a rush to get to the end.
The time gaps between different segments made it difficult and I had to re-read in case I had missed something.
For example, at the end of one paragraph CJ and Owen are going for a test as CJ wants to play catcher au natural , Start of next paragraph Owen and CJ are Skyping as Owen is now in OZ.
Then suddenly they are all in Miami, then all at a football game, seemed odd that there was no lead up to any of these things like you normally do.
But despite that it was a good chapter and hope the next is out soon.
Thanks.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A lot of stuff happened but not alot of info. The vignettes were just that short snippets of events. Leaving us to presume the things like the test results. The writing is up to your usual excellent standard but I think this is the first time covering an entire month in each chapter leaves me wanting more in depth coverage.
Really nice cliff hanger since I can't recall any event tied to the 2014 Orange Bowl. The fact that a lot of folks would be leaving did make me feel better about the well being of individual friends and family members.

Edited by dughlas
  • Like 4
Link to comment

Hmmm... you promised a chapter we wouldn't like and you delivered. If I was Owen I would be so pissed off with his family. He and Lizzie are close. Shouldn't hide that sort of thing. Definitely not liking the note at the football. That sort of thing is never good.

 

Ready for for the next chapter :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment

OMG Carlos! What an evil cliffhanger ending! So, is it the grandparents? Richie's parents? Or something I am not aware of. Anyway in spite of the cliffhanger it was a good chapter full of info. Thanks. Jeff

  • Like 3
Link to comment

A great chapter with more insight into how CJ and Owen managed their new official status, and how Brett and Cesar are dealing with a rapidly maturing young man. Your added details into their lives makes it very real. But now, about that ending. Any chance of an early...repeat, early...next installment??

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/04/2017 03:39 AM, Jeff1 said:

Hi Carlos, great chapter and dare I say it a possible cliffhanger?? nah....never...

Really enjoying the story's and the information you add about places and people makes the reader feel as if they are there.

But this chapter was perplexing, it almost seemed you were in a rush to get to the end.

The time gaps between different segments made it difficult and I had to re-read in case I had missed something.

For example, at the end of one paragraph CJ and Owen are going for a test as CJ wants to play catcher au natural , Start of next paragraph Owen and CJ are Skyping as Owen is now in OZ.

Then suddenly they are all in Miami, then all at a football game, seemed odd that there was no lead up to any of these things like you normally do.

But despite that it was a good chapter and hope the next is out soon.

Thanks.

Hey Jeff-

 

Sorry about the transition between scenes not being smooth. I'll try and make certain it's cleaner next time. I do like to leave some scenes open ended for the reader to fill in the blanks. I may have gone a bit too far thi time :)

 

Anyway, each Walls chapter covers an entire month and trying to fit everything I need to get across while keeping lenght under control and keeping the scenes tight while providing background details ain't easy! I think you'll find each of the scenes accomplished something either here (like CJ and Owen foregoing condoms)or in up coming chapters. Let me know if things clear up in the near future.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 02/04/2017 04:14 AM, dughlas said:

A lot of stuff happened but not alot of info. The vignettes were just that short snippets of events. Leaving us to presume the things like the test results. The writing is up to your usual excellent standard but I think this is the first time covering an entire month in each chapter leaves me wanting more in depth coverage.

Really nice cliff hanger since I can't recall any event tird to the 2014 Orange Bowl. The fact that a lot of folks would be leaving did make me feel better about the well being of individual friends and family members.

Not a lot of info LOL

 

And here I thought I'd overwhelmed readers with so much going on.

 

South Floridians, who would make up the majority of fans at the stadium, are know for arriving late and leaving early when the outcome's decided. As to why our guys had to leave, only 6 days 'till you find out.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 02/04/2017 05:03 AM, Bucket1 said:

Hmmm... you promised a chapter we wouldn't like and you delivered. If I was Owen I would be so pissed off with his family. He and Lizzie are close. Shouldn't hide that sort of thing. Definitely not liking the note at the football. That sort of thing is never good.

 

Ready for for the next chapter :)

We find out what the note says in the next chapter's opening scene. I think it'll bring both tears and cheers.

 

Owen's a bit overwhelmed by what's going on with his sister but it sounds as if she'll be okay. Or will she?

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
On 02/04/2017 06:09 AM, JeffreyL said:

OMG Carlos! What an evil cliffhanger ending! So, is it the grandparents? Richie's parents? Or something I am not aware of. Anyway in spite of the cliffhanger it was a good chapter full of info. Thanks. Jeff

Evil cliffhanger? Nah, that's not me. :)

 

Burglary? Fire? Death? We find out in the next chapter and I promise it'll be a life changing event!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 02/04/2017 06:25 AM, Parker Owens said:

A great chapter with more insight into how CJ and Owen managed their new official status, and how Brett and Cesar are dealing with a rapidly maturing young man. Your added details into their lives makes it very real. But now, about that ending. Any chance of an early...repeat, early...next installment??

LOL - Sorry, bud. Can't post early or my inventory of completed chapters will disappear!

 

CJ's 17 now. he's had almost 2 years with his parents and their friends surrounding him and guiding him along. Although everyone's talking about the ending my favorite scene to write was the one with Chipper. We see his commitment to Owen and his views on relationships. Plus we hear the dads are permissive but set limits, they're not as permissive as some may have suspected.Oh, and it also shows us CJ's care and commitment to his friends!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Great chapter, mano! I especially liked that CJ wanted to take his and Owen's relationship to the next level of intimacy by getting tested and going bare as a send off for Owen's trip home.
And then there is the cliffhanger. Actually, as cliffhangers go, it's only a seven-day hanging -which isn't so bad. Besides, you give us a couple of broad clues just before and after the note : (1) you made of point of highlighting the affectionate relationship between César and Ritchie: "César looked down at the boy and ruffled his hair with affection." It's placement in the scene and the fact that you don't waste sentences make me think it's an important foreshadowing - maybe of a necessarily closer future relationship. (2) When César read the note, "[h]is eyes shot open when he looked at it and quickly glanced at Ritchie before handing the note to Brett."
Unless you're trying to throw us off track, you sneaky malcriado :), the somber news most directly affects Ritchie. If something had happened to the grandparents, CJ would have been included in César's concern and he wouldn't have just handed him the note to read ... which leads me to conclude that something has happened to one or both of Ritchie's parents. It is New Year's Eve, lots of traffic, people drink and drive...

 

I'm looking forward to seeing how far off base I am. Or not. Sorry to go on so long, but this is fun.

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2017 05:51 AM, tesao said:

Great chapter, mano! I especially liked that CJ wanted to take his and Owen's relationship to the next level of intimacy by getting tested and going bare as a send off for Owen's trip home.

And then there is the cliffhanger. Actually, as cliffhangers go, it's only a seven-day hanging -which isn't so bad. Besides, you give us a couple of broad clues just before and after the note : (1) you made of point of highlighting the affectionate relationship between César and Ritchie: "César looked down at the boy and ruffled his hair with affection." It's placement in the scene and the fact that you don't waste sentences make me think it's an important foreshadowing - maybe of a necessarily closer future relationship. (2) When César read the note, "[h]is eyes shot open when he looked at it and quickly glanced at Ritchie before handing the note to Brett."

Unless you're trying to throw us off track, you sneaky malcriado :), the somber news most directly affects Ritchie. If something had happened to the grandparents, CJ would have been included in César's concern and he wouldn't have just handed him the note to read ... which leads me to conclude that something has happened to one or both of Ritchie's parents. It is New Year's Eve, lots of traffic, people drink and drive...

 

I'm looking forward to seeing how far off base I am. Or not. Sorry to go on so long, but this is fun.

I love you went on so long! I laughed at mano and malcriado.

 

CJ's not the type to pussyfoot and if he's made a commitment to Owen, he's gona go all the way. We don't need no stinkin' condoms might very well be what he was thinking. From now on it's 'fill up the tank' for those two.

 

As for your guesseing, sounds good to me. I can't wait to find out what happened either!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Great chapter Carlos... I'm just going to ignore the cliffie, but hope like hell that something happened to the Col. (?) and Mrs Dick that would bring Ritchie home with his brother..

  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..