Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 670 Words
  • 5,877 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 11. Chapter 5.2

Kitryn watched as Meg’s mouth dropped open. She let go of the door in time for Fran to jump into her arms.

“Where you been? You said you’d be back. Why did you no come back?” Fran fired questions rapidly and Kitryn finally snapped out of his shock.

“Fran hush. Meg, as much as I want to get the same answers as Fran, I need somewhere out of the sun to put Simon. He’s heavy and won’t wake up for at least another few hours.”

Meg nodded numbly and, still holding Fran, she led the way to a back bedroom. The curtains were drawn and Kitryn gratefully dropped his burden gently onto the bed. After unrolling Simon, he tucked the man under the covers. Once he was sure Simon was safe he exited the room to find Meg in the kitchen getting the still chattering kits drinks and snacks. A box of chocolates already sat open on the dining table.

Kitryn bided his time and soon enough the kits' heads started drooping. Meg helped him get them settled in her bed and they returned to the kitchen.

“Meg, what happened?”

Meg paused with the kettle in her hand. With a sigh, she put it down and joined him at the table.

“I was banished.” Her tone was very matter of fact, but her eyes held utter devastation.

“What?” Kitryn hissed. He didn’t want to wake the kits. “Why in the name of the Goddess would Mars banish you? You were his closest advisor. Hell, you have the same power as Fran. You could have seen what was going to happen in time for us to—”

“I did!” Kitryn stopped and stared at her. She was silent a few seconds before continuing. “I told Mars he had a mole inside the group. I even told him who it was. He didn’t believe me and when I insisted he needed to up the patrols without telling this person he went mad. He gave me twenty-four hours to pack and be off the territory. He said if he found out I’d spread my lies to anyone else he would kill me as a traitor. He told me I was to tell anyone who asked that he was sending me on a mission and that I wasn’t allowed to speak about the details. When I tried to protest that I at least wanted to get my family out he said if I tried he would kill them as traitors too. Kit, he even said he’d kill Fran. So she couldn’t spread her evil powers any further, apparently.”

Kitryn sat in shock. Mars had always been a good leader as far as Kitryn had ever seen. But, as he thought back he started to see the changes in behavior that he’d dismissed before. New rules confining the group to the territory boundaries. Only the inner circle allowed to leave for any reason.

Eventually, he looked up at Meg and asked, “Why?”

“He wasn’t himself. My power is not infallible. I saw only one traitor. I didn’t see that someone had gotten to Mars. Kit, you and I both know Mars would never hurt any member of our group. He also wouldn’t put anyone in danger, especially the kits. I’ve managed to put some of it together, but there are still bits missing. From what I can piece together some sort of magic user gave something to one of the kits when they visited a nearby town. The object wouldn’t affect children but would do something to adults that made them more susceptible to suggestion. The magic user must have been in the territory at some point because once the object had affected an adult, the bastard would have to be nearby to make use of the suggestibility and give the adult instructions to follow.”

“Sort of like being hypnotized.”

“Yes, that would be the closest analogy.”

Kitryn leaned back in his chair and ran his finger through his hair. “So, what do we do now?”

Prompt used - a box of chocolates.
Thank you to everyone for your continued support, you are the ones that make writing worth it :hug: 
Thank you as always to Tim for his continued patience in correcting my mistakes :hug::kiss: 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 9
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

15 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Interesting chapter,looking forward to more 

 

Thanks, Chris, I'm glad I'm keeping it interesting.

 

Thanks for all your comments :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I am really liking this story.  I like almost anything cat.....  I love the banner for the story also.  Keep the chapters headed our way. GREAT writing :) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, wenmale64 said:

I am really liking this story.  I like almost anything cat.....  I love the banner for the story also.  Keep the chapters headed our way. GREAT writing :) 

 

Thank you for your kind words. And I'm so glad you like the banner, I like to make things to grab peoples attention. 

 

Thank you as well for continuing to read and for commenting.

 

:hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

So I foresee a mission back to rescue Mars...? From whatever is affecting him. First I thought they should leave the kits, but they might need them if kids are unaffected. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Puppilull said:

So I foresee a mission back to rescue Mars...? From whatever is affecting him. First I thought they should leave the kits, but they might need them if kids are unaffected. 

 

As wonderful as a rescue attempt would be to write, all their group are dead. Kitryn told us in chapter 2.3. Unless of course, anyone else escaped???

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Caz Pedroso said:

 

As wonderful as a rescue attempt would be to write, all their group are dead. Kitryn told us in chapter 2.3. Unless of course, anyone else escaped???

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

 

Oh, I didn't realize they were all killed. It sounded like some of them. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Puppilull said:

 

Oh, I didn't realize they were all killed. It sounded like some of them. 

 

You never know who may turn up. But, at the moment as far as Kitryn knows they are all dead. We'll have to all wait and see :hug: 

Edited by Caz Pedroso
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Ah... magic users... cool. The family is growing, with Meg back in the fold. All caught up, and looking forward to more, Caz. Cheers... Gary....

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Seems the threat to the budding family is growing , but each new member has new and vital information and their own unique abilities . All the elements for a great quest. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/03/2018 at 5:50 AM, deville said:

Seems the threat to the budding family is growing , but each new member has new and vital information and their own unique abilities . All the elements for a great quest. 

 

I agree this is (as usual for me) growing into a much bigger story than I originally thought it would be. I wonder how many more there will be to this team? :)

 

On 01/03/2018 at 12:41 AM, Headstall said:

Ah... magic users... cool. The family is growing, with Meg back in the fold. All caught up, and looking forward to more, Caz. Cheers... Gary....

 

Yep, this little family is growing and I'm sure it will grow more by the end. 

 

Thank you both for reading and commenting :hug::hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

The story has definitely shifted into high adventure as Meg reveals what has happened to the community of shifters.  They not only have to run from hunters, but also try to free the shifter community from some evil magic. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..