Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 773 Words
  • 3,460 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 18. Chapter 8.2

Kitryn woke up when someone tapped on the door. There was still enough sun visible that Simon was sound asleep on the next bed.

Outside he found the same guard who’d escorted them the night before. The man bowed his head slightly and stated deferentially, “Elder Patrick asks you attend him in the meeting room. He asks the lady stay with the kits and the nightwalker.”

Kitryn had to smother a grin, nightwalker was an archaic term for a vamp and the guard was showing his age just by using it.

“Lead the way.”

Kitryn entered the room to find Elder Patrick already there and seated at the lone table with a meal set before two chairs.

“Elder Patrick,” Kitryn greeted with a nod.

“Please, call me Paddy, we don’t stand on ceremony here. Be seated and enjoy the meal, I’m sure you're hungry and since I guess you and the lady are feeding the vamp as well you will need the energy.”

Kitryn sat and waited for Paddy to start before eating his own food. After a few bites, he ventured a question of his own.

“Can I take this as a positive? Have you decided whether we can stay or not?”

Paddy smiled. “Yes, it has been decided you can stay. But,” He added before Kitryn could celebrate too much, “it is only temporary to start with. I will be questioning you all closely. I believe—as does my den’s seer—that what happened to you and your family will have a wider impact and we need to make ready.”

Kitryn nodded and knew he must be grinning like a fool. “Anything you wish,” he agreed eagerly. They were safe! It may be only temporary, but they were safe for now.

The rest of the meal past with Paddy only asking some more probing questions about Kitryn’s family and what happened. By the time they’d finished Kitryn retuned to their room to find Simon sat up awake and rubbing his eyes.

Kitryn sat beside Simon on his bed and filled him in. Simon grinned. “So, we can stay? Seriously?”

Kitryn chuckled. “Yes, we can stay. In return for answering their questions.” His laughter faded as he thought about the wider implications. “If this is more than someone wanting to take over Mars’ group, then we may not be safe even here. But, there are no better protectors than the bears, so we’ll stay and help to see if we can find out what’s happening. I don’t see how this could be anything else, but seers are rarely wrong and if Paddy’s says something bigger is going on, then we owe it to our host to help. And of course, there’s the saying ‘Where’s there's smoke, there’s fire’.”

Yells of “Kitty” and “See-moan” cut off any further conversation and Kitryn chuckled again at Simon’s face. The kits couldn’t seem to pronounce his name right and it gave Kitryn no end of amusement. Running footsteps heralded the kits arrival and Kitryn and Simon held their arms out to catch the kits as they made running jumps onto the bed.

Meg followed the kits and so their evening started.

They got the kits seated at a small table that a guard brought them and made sure they all had everything they needed. Kitryn filled Meg in on his meeting and the agreement that had been reached.

Meg nodded. “There is something going on. The magic that was used to control Mars was strong and far above any bumbling mage that would be trying to sell his skills to the highest bidder. The caster would have had to have reached, or be almost at master level. Anyone below that level would be running the risk of doing something wrong and having the spell blow up in their face.”

“Bad magic girl.” Fran’s words caused everyone to stop and stare.

Meg looked at Kitryn and Simon before addressing Fran. “What do you mean girl, Fran? You mean someone like me? A woman?”

But Fran shook her head. “Bad magic girl. Like moma.”

Kitryn froze. His sister had only been young. Far too young for this ‘magic girl’ to be old enough to be at master level. He didn’t bother asking Fran if she was sure. She wouldn’t have said anything if she wasn’t.

“Do you know anything else, Fran?”

Fran scrunched up her nose. “Yellow hair like Hetty. Dirty. She cross. She no get what she wanted.”

“And what did she want?” Kitryn asked fearing the answer.

Fran looked him in the eye and said the one thing he’d feared most of all. “Me.”

Prompt used this week - “Where there’s smoke, there’s fire”
As always thank you to everyone who reads/reacts/comments...it all means a lot. :hug:
And of course, thank you to Timothy M for his continued help. :hug: 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 13
  • Wow 9
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sanctuary, and now more info from Fran. If she can do stuff like this already, no wonder she is being sought. I like the bears... so far, they seem wise and kind. Great chapter, Caz... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Great story Caz.  It is building slowly to what will surely be a a colorful showdown.  I think Paddy and the bears seer will keep the mystery moving forward. Now Frans revelation is a great cause for concern......

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I only put angry because Fran's in danger. Save the precious children! To war! To war! ( leaves and comes back in a suit of armor a sword atop a steed.)

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

So some things are settled and progress is made as to what happened to the group. I can see why Fran would be desirable to the bad guys...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Headstall said:

Sanctuary, and now more info from Fran. If she can do stuff like this already, no wonder she is being sought. I like the bears... so far, they seem wise and kind. Great chapter, Caz... cheers... Gary....

 

Thanks, Gary, hopefully, we may get to find out more about Fran and what she can do soon. 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Smoothy said:

Noooo! Get lost yellow dirty witch!!! Not getting Fran and that’s final!😡

 

I'm sure Kitryn and Simon (and the bears once they get to know her) will protect Fran and the other kits with their lives. 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, wenmale64 said:

Great story Caz.  It is building slowly to what will surely be a a colorful showdown.  I think Paddy and the bears seer will keep the mystery moving forward. Now Frans revelation is a great cause for concern......

 

Hopefully, i can keep the story moving at a steady pace now. The word limit does get annoying sometimes, but i think it's getting there. 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Hellsheild said:

I only put angry because Fran's in danger. Save the precious children! To war! To war! ( leaves and comes back in a suit of armor a sword atop a steed.)

 

I'm sure Kitryn and Simon would welcome any help offered to protect the kits 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Puppilull said:

So some things are settled and progress is made as to what happened to the group. I can see why Fran would be desirable to the bad guys...

 

Kitryn is probably wishing she'd told them earlier. They could have made plans. But, it seems you have to ask the right questions to get an answer out of her powers. 

 

Hopefully, more information will come to light now and all will be revealed. 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug:   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 5/3/2018 at 1:02 AM, Fae Briona said:

Well that's.... ominous.

 

Yep, very ;) Hopefully all will be revealed soon...but, my characters aren't known for being forthcoming very quickly. 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting   

  • Like 2
Link to comment

At least they have temporary shelter and that only depends on the answers they give about who and why someone's after the group. It appears that they now have a bit more information about the ones chasing after them. I hope that Fran's premonition is a false one as I would hate to think someone could hurt the kits for any reason. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 7/14/2018 at 12:30 AM, Lizzydolphin37 said:

Ohhhh I'm scared all over again. Please keep fran and well everyone safe.

 

I'm sure everyone will be fine eventually... :) 

 

On 7/25/2018 at 4:09 AM, Butcher56 said:

At least they have temporary shelter and that only depends on the answers they give about who and why someone's after the group. It appears that they now have a bit more information about the ones chasing after them. I hope that Fran's premonition is a false one as I would hate to think someone could hurt the kits for any reason. 

 

 

I think the bears will make sure he family stay safe. t least they are not alone now. 

 

Thank you both for reading and:commenting:hug: :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Spelling and connotation.

"The rest of the meal past with Paddy only asking some more probing questions about Kitryn’s family and what happened. By the time they’d finished Kitryn retuned to their room to find Simon sat up awake and rubbing his eyes."

Past should be spelled as passed.

I don't mean to offend, but things like this are a bump in the road that throws me.

I am LOVEING the story.

Thanks.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Fran is the target.  That makes sense.  The bears are aware of the problem and hopefully become allies to protect them.  Who is Moma, the bad magic girl? 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..