Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 525 Words
  • 3,628 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 19. Chapter 8.3

Kitryn clenched his fists and pushed his rising anger down, hard. He spoke as calmly as he could so as not to scare Fran. “Fran, can you tell us anything else about what’s happening? Every little thing helps.”

Fran frowned hard and seemed to be trying to concentrate on something.

“She think I should be hers. She had papa first. Mama took him. She got sent away. She got more magic now. Papa gone so she want me.”

“Cheryl!” Meg interrupted and Simon and Kitryn swung their attention to her.

“Who’s Cheryl?” Simon asked.

Kitryn was the one to answer. “She was the lover of my sister’s mate before they met. With shifters when they meet their true mate—or soul mates as the humans sometimes call them—they know each other instantly by the other being’s scent. Once a shifter scents their mate there is no one else for them. Once claimed with a mating bite the two mates can’t even get arou—,” Kitryn glanced at the kits. “Um, that is to say, they aren’t attracted to anyone else. Cheryl didn’t take it well when Sissy and Gerry met and recognized each other as mates. Cheryl tried to get Mars to separate them and when he refused she tried to kill Sissy. After that Mars had no choice but to banish her from the group. She hasn’t been seen for over five years. We all thought she’d found a new group and had settled down there.”

Meg took over the explanation. “It didn’t help that she isn’t a full shifter. She is a hybrid like me. We’re both half shifter and half psychic. In my case, my powers are more like a seer. I see flashes of the future and sometimes I am able to warn of impending situations. It seems Fran—since she is only three-quarters shifter—has inherited some of my power and can see flashes of the past and present in different places. Cheryl’s powers were more in the mind control area. She was able to make people do silly things like hop on one leg, or stand on their head while singing a stupid song. If she’s behind what’s happening now she must have found a way to increase her power a lot. Also if she gets her hands on Fran there’s no telling what she would do with her. There are rumors of ways to transfer psychic gifts from one person to another. The worst thing is the person losing the powers doesn’t survive the transfer.”

Kitryn fell silent as he considered what all they’d worked would mean for his new family group.

***

A new bear had arrived and introduced herself as Hetty. She said she’d been sent to watch the kits so the adults could meet to discuss the ongoing situation.

After a few careful questions and some reassurance from Fran, Kitryn allowed Hetty to take the boys, but he insisted Fran could join the adults in a meeting with the Paddy and his second.

They all filed in and Kitryn set about explaining what they’d found out since he’d last spoken to Paddy.

Prompt used this week - A free week :) 
As always thank you to everyone who reads/reacts/comments...it all means a lot. :hug:  
And of course, thank you to Timothy M for his continued help.  :hug: 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 16
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So, Cheryl is behind this, and she is a woman scorned. And somehow, she has gained power, which means she probably knows how to do this transfer thing. I hope she has underestimated Fran. At least the have the bears on their side... for now. :)  Great chapter, Caz... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Actually, I wish the Wednesday briefers would reconsider the length and up it 250-500 words. Might help avoid weird stops.

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

So a solid clue, finally. But does it help them much? Better than fighting shadows, even if they don't know where to look. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Finally evil has a name , which gives the protagonists some level of power against ... at the very least they can start formulating a cohesive plan. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 5/16/2018 at 12:13 AM, chris191070 said:

Amazing story. So we know a little bit more about who could be tracking the family.

 

Yep, now they just need a plan to get ahead of her. Become the hunter, not the hunted. 

 

On 5/16/2018 at 12:22 AM, Kitt said:

👍

 

:heart: 

 

On 5/16/2018 at 3:18 AM, Headstall said:

So, Cheryl is behind this, and she is a woman scorned. And somehow, she has gained power, which means she probably knows how to do this transfer thing. I hope she has underestimated Fran. At least the have the bears on their side... for now. :)  Great chapter, Caz... cheers... Gary....

 

We'll have to wait and see what the bears say when they have all the facts. I don't think they will leave the family with no protection, but as i already said they have their own families to protect as well. 

 

On 5/16/2018 at 7:55 AM, Sussins said:

Should have been longer this week since u didn’t post last week 😒😞😞

 

I wish it worked that way. And I'm sorry I've missed the last couple of weeks, but some things were happening at home and they put me behind. I promise to get back to this as soon as possible. 

 

On 5/16/2018 at 2:12 PM, Geemeedee said:

Actually, I wish the Wednesday briefers would reconsider the length and up it 250-500 words. Might help avoid weird stops.

 

I think whatever the word limit there will be weird break off points. Whether the limit is 500-1000 or 1000-2000. Hopefully, I will get better at making what I want for each chapter fit into the word limit as I go forward. 

 

On 5/17/2018 at 11:49 AM, Puppilull said:

So a solid clue, finally. But does it help them much? Better than fighting shadows, even if they don't know where to look. 

 

They may not know where but at least they know who now. Also, knowing what her powers are could help them to hide and not be found. 

 

29 minutes ago, deville said:

Finally evil has a name , which gives the protagonists some level of power against ... at the very least they can start formulating a cohesive plan. 

 

Hopefully, the bears can help them with the plan and with how to execute it effectively. 

 

Thank you all for reading and commenting. I am sorry it took o long to reply and that I have missed a couple of weeks again. I had a few things to take care of and they have put me behind in my writing both on and off site. 

 

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 7/14/2018 at 12:36 AM, Lizzydolphin37 said:

Okay, so a powerful spurned lover and hunters, are they working together? The plot thickens even more.🤔

 

I do like to add in a few twists. We'll just see if i can keep myself from getting tangled up in it :P 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..