Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 619 Words
  • 3,037 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 30. Chapter 13.1

Kitryn panted hard as he tried to catch his breath and stop Simon from realizing his other predicament. He’d nearly attacked Carl when the stupid elder had mentioned mates.

Kitryn wriggled, trying to free himself and only ended up with a nose full of Simon’s scent instead. That didn’t help the other problem he had. In fact, it made it—

The door to the training room slammed open so hard the doorknob left a hole in the wall.

“Elder Carl! Elder Carl! You’re needed immediately. You’re-oh!” The vampire that had rushed in froze, then flushed. “I…umm…I was looking for Elder Carl.” He dropped his gaze and Kitryn had to suppress a hiss of displeasure as Simon lifted himself up and approached the other vamp with a friendly smile.

“Don’t worry. Elder Carl just stepped out and can’t have gone far. Why don’t we help you look for him? Kitryn will help, won’t you?”

Kitryn let out a huff, he couldn’t deny Simon anything. As soon as he’d followed the kits into Simon’s cave he’d caught Simon’s scent and knew what Simon was to him. Then Simon had helped him by getting the needle out of his paw so he could shift but had panicked and shown he knew nothing about the paranormal world. Kitryn had decided to wait for the right time to tell Simon they were mates, but the right time hadn’t presented itself yet.

Giving himself a mental shake, Kitryn focused on the current interruption. “I should be able to find him. His cologne is rather distinctive.”

Then an idea occurred to Kitryn and he grinned. Simon narrowed his gaze at him as he started to strip his clothes off piece by piece.

Kitryn then turned his awareness inward and allowed his cat free rein.

***

Simon watched as Kitryn’s human form melted away and was replaced by his beautiful cat form. The shift was swift and within seconds the big cat stood and shook out his fur. He stifled the annoyance at the interruption. He was sure Kitryn was on the verge of telling him something important, but the moment had been lost the second the door had crashed open.

“Wow,” came the awed voice of the strange vamp and Kitryn preened under the amazed look he was receiving. Simon laughed and scratched him across the top of his head causing him to shudder and purr.

Simon stooped to grab Kitryn’s clothes and yelped when he got a rough tongue swiped down his cheek.

“Come on Kitty, let's find Carl and see what all the fuss is about.”

Kitryn trotted to the door and chuffed a laugh when the strange vamp jumped out of the way. They followed Kitryn down the hallway and ended up back at the office they’d met Carl in.

“I tried here first,” the vamp complained. “He’s not here.”

Kitryn let out a low growl and Simon frowned. “If Kitryn says he’s in there then he’s in there.” Who was this vamp to second guess Kitryn’s sense of smell?
Simon stepped up to the door and tapped lightly. “Elder? Carl? You’re needed immediately.”

The door swung open. “What has happened now?” Carl sound completely exasperated and fed up.

The other vamp pushed forward, skirting carefully around Kitryn. “Sir, Elder Patrick sent me to find you. Elder O’Connor has arrived but he's injured. He was attacked on the road, all his guards were killed and his mate was taken. The elder was left for dead, but he made it here.”

“Take me there now. You two come as well.”

Carl strode off herding the poor messenger in front of him.

Simon and Kitryn hurried after them. When would all this stop?

Thank you to everyone who reads/reacts.comments on this and all my stories. :hug: 
And of course, thank you to Tim for still sending corrections to me even when he's rushed off his feet himself. :hug: 
Happy reading :) 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 15
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I had a feeling that Simon and Kitryn were going to be mates. Now since the time hadn’t presented itself so Kitryn could tell Simon that they were mates, Kitryn was going to tell him anyway only they were interrupted by a surprised vampire who was looking for Elder Carl it was urgent that he be found immediately. When Simon suggested that they help to find the Elder Kitryn couldn’t deny Simon of the request, Kitryn decided it would be easier if he were in his cat form. When they went to the office where they first met the elder the young vampire said that this was the first place he looked and he wasn’t in there. Simon told him that if Kitryn said he was in there he was, they opened the door and sure enough he was in there. When Elder Carl asked what the meaning was for interrupting him the young vampire stepped forward and said he was sent to find him and that Elder O’Connor had arrived but he was injured and his guard was killed and his mate was taken. It’s going to be interesting to find out who or what attacked the Elder, killed his guard and took his mate. I have a strong suspicion that Simon and Kitryn will be tasked with finding out the reason for the attack and the taking of the mate. Fantastic chapter.❤️❤️😀

  • Like 5
Link to comment

See I just knew something would interrupt them leaving Simon still knowing nothing gggrrr, and now more dead and missing. Were they shifters or vamps? Why take the mate?   Thanks for another great chapter Caz 💖

  • Like 4
Link to comment

So they are mates!! That's good to hear ^_^

I find it curious how the other vamp wasn't able to find Elder Carl even though he was in his office, and that he sounded annoyed when he opened the door. I believe something fishy is going on with him...

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 9/26/2018 at 12:09 AM, chris191070 said:

Fantastic chapter. So Kitryn and Simon are mates. When will all the trouble end.

 

But if the trouble ends, I'd run out of story :P 

 

On 9/26/2018 at 12:09 AM, mfa607 said:

Mates....this is going to be good!! 😍

 

Thank you!

 

 

Yep, I hope it will be :) 

 

On 9/26/2018 at 5:35 AM, Butcher56 said:

I had a feeling that Simon and Kitryn were going to be mates. Now since the time hadn’t presented itself so Kitryn could tell Simon that they were mates, Kitryn was going to tell him anyway only they were interrupted by a surprised vampire who was looking for Elder Carl it was urgent that he be found immediately. When Simon suggested that they help to find the Elder Kitryn couldn’t deny Simon of the request, Kitryn decided it would be easier if he were in his cat form. When they went to the office where they first met the elder the young vampire said that this was the first place he looked and he wasn’t in there. Simon told him that if Kitryn said he was in there he was, they opened the door and sure enough he was in there. When Elder Carl asked what the meaning was for interrupting him the young vampire stepped forward and said he was sent to find him and that Elder O’Connor had arrived but he was injured and his guard was killed and his mate was taken. It’s going to be interesting to find out who or what attacked the Elder, killed his guard and took his mate. I have a strong suspicion that Simon and Kitryn will be tasked with finding out the reason for the attack and the taking of the mate. Fantastic chapter.❤️❤️😀

 

I'm sure Kit will find the right time, sooner rather than later.

 

On 9/26/2018 at 6:08 AM, Lizzydolphin37 said:

See I just knew something would interrupt them leaving Simon still knowing nothing gggrrr, and now more dead and missing. Were they shifters or vamps? Why take the mate?   Thanks for another great chapter Caz 💖

 

Things will start happening a bit quicker now (I hope) Lizzy, so hopefully all your questions will be answered. 

 

On 9/26/2018 at 7:54 AM, ObicanDecko said:

So they are mates!! That's good to hear ^_^

I find it curious how the other vamp wasn't able to find Elder Carl even though he was in his office, and that he sounded annoyed when he opened the door. I believe something fishy is going on with him...

 

I think Carl is on the up and up, just very distracted by things happening at home. We'll find out more about him as we go on, I'm sure.

 

On 9/28/2018 at 7:01 PM, Puppilull said:

More interruptions! Gah! 

 

Yep :P 

 

Thank you all for reading and commenting

 

   :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug::hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Mates! I knew it! It appears Kitryn is ready to come clean... if these damn interruptions would stop. :P 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Mates! I knew it! It appears Kitryn is ready to come clean... if these damn interruptions would stop. :P 

 

But there had to be an interuption, this is me writing this story, i never let anything go too easy for my mcs'. They have to work for their HEA. 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting, Gary, :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Kitryn knew they were mates all along. Why didn't he at least attempt to educate Simon on the idea.  Simon still doesn't know.  Elder O'Conner was attacked, but we don't know what kind of supernatural being he is or who attacked him and kidnapped his wife.  Was she a seer?  Maybe the council will be drawn into this now.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..