Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 534 Words
  • 4,090 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 4. Chapter 2.2

Simon slowly stretched. Boy, that was a funny dream he’d had. A cat that could turn into a human? Yeah, right. But, damn the human had been sexy. With all that smooth chocolate skin. And those piercing eyes? Mmmm, Simon could’ve just drowned in those eyes. They were like—

“I know you’re awake you know.”

The amused voice had Simon bolting upright and slapping a hand to his head as it started to immediately spin. He then transferred his hand to cover his mouth as his last meal threatened to make a reappearance.

Once Simon trusted his body to cooperate he looked up again. There sat the guy from his dream. Naked. His long silver hair hung down over his knees. How does someone look so sexy sitting crossed legged on a dirt floor?

A voice from behind him made Simon jumped again.

“I brung water.”

Simon turned to see a small girl walking slowly towards them with a beaker carefully held in her small hands. Water was sloshing over the edges of the beaker with each step she took. Simon wondered if any water would be left by the time she reached him.

Simon shook his head. What was he thinking? He was wondering about water, instead of wondering where the girl had come from in the first place. Another noise drew his attention and he saw two young boys chasing each other near the mouth of the cave.

“Who are you all?” Simon asked finally.

“I am Kitryn, and as I told you before you passed out, the children are Nelson, Peter, and Francesca. You, however, have yet to introduce yourself.”

Simon bristled at the implied reprimand. “I don’t have to do anything. You invaded my home, not the other way around.”

Kitryn had the grace to look slightly ashamed. “I couldn’t walk any further with that needle in my foot, and the silver stopped me shifting to get it out. I needed somewhere safe for me and the kids.”

Simon sat on the ground and leaned his head in his hand.

“You said something about shifting earlier. Are really telling me you were the cat? And that the kids were the cubs?”

“The kids are kits, not cubs. And yes, I was the cat. You’re a vamp, surely me being a shapeshifting cat can’t be that much of a stretch?”

“Well—” Simon cut off at a yelp from the young girl—what was her name? Fran…something. Kitryn and Simon turned to see a tangle of small limbs.

A shrill voice yelled out. “Kitty! Nelly knocked me over. The water all gone.”

Simon fought the way his lips twitched at the nickname kitty.

Kitryn sighed. “Nelson you’ve been told about running around inside. And Fran, don’t call Nelson that silly name.”

Simon noticed Kitryn didn’t correct her about his own name. taking pity on the man, Simon pushed his questions to the side and after carefully getting to his feet he helped to get the kits settled on a pile of blankets in the back of the cave.

Kitryn made a hot drink for them both and Simon started his story, with the promise of getting Kitryn’s in return.

No prompt this week :) 
Thank you to everyone who has commented, I always love to hear people's opinions. :hug: 
Thank you to Timothy M who keeps picking out my mistakes and sending me corrections...I don't know what I'd do without him.  :hug: 
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 46
  • Love 17
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/6/2017 at 1:12 AM, chris191070 said:

Great Chapter. Loving Simon, Kitryn and the children. Looking forward to learning more about all of them 😊

 

I'm glad you like my MCs so far. I'm sure they'll each annoy us before the end, though :) 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 12/6/2017 at 2:26 AM, LadyDe said:

I LIKE this story! :yes:  Can't wait to hear each of their stories.  And the kits? Awwww. :wub:

 

Thank you, LadyDe :) I hope you continue to like the story as it unfolds. 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 12/6/2017 at 2:47 AM, Hellsheild said:

Yay! New chapter! Loved the kids:fight:remind me of my niece and nephew

 

Thank you. I am trying to keep the children as realistic as possible. Both in speech nad behavior. 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 12/6/2017 at 5:06 AM, Headstall said:

Another short but entertaining chapter, Caz. :)  I get a family feel already, and it's great. Love the kits! Cheers... Gary....

 

Thank you, Gary. Hopefully, I should have time soon to start posting two chapters a week. One being a bit longer. But, I make no promises. :) 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 12/6/2017 at 12:38 PM, Puppilull said:

I think I would be in a bit more of a shock, even if I myself had been turned into a supernatural being. Kitryn doesn't seem aware of the concept of newly turned vamps. 

 

If I had to guess I would say Kitryn is confused and seeing as he was hurt, he may be tired and not himself. I'm sure Simon will be able to set him straight (so to speak ;) ) 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
10 hours ago, mogwhy said:

loving the story caz! can't wait for the next chapter. those kits really do sound like siblings!:fight:

 

Thanks, moggy. I'm glad you like it so far. I'm happy the kits are sounding good to people, I hope it stays that way. 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
14 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

I am reading to get caught up and enjoying your story so far. Thank you.

 

I hope you enjoy the rest just as much :) 

 

Thanks for taking the time to comment :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Simon likes what he see in Kitryn.  I hope that Kitryn has similar feelings.  The kits are acting much like siblings and young children.  Well written start.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..