Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 739 Words
  • 4,130 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Here Kitty, Kitty - 6. Chapter 3.1

Simon woke with a start, he was never going to get used to having the sun dictate when he slept. Not that he would actually call it sleeping. It was more like an enforced coma.

He sat up and looked around. He’s been moved to the back of the cave and had a blanket around him. Kitryn must have been responsible, Simon wasn’t sure how he felt about being so vulnerable in front of a stranger. Not that he’d had a lot of choices, but still.

One of the first things he noticed was the kits.

They were all sitting by the mouth of the cave and seemed to be agitated. Fran was pacing in human form, and the two boys were in cat form with their tails lashing from side to side.

“What’s wrong?” he called out as he untangled himself from the blanket.

“Mr. Vamp,” Fran called out as she turned and ran to him. “Kitty gone. You find?”

“Gone?” Simon shot up, barely remembering to not straighten all the way up or he’d bang his head on the ceiling. “Gone where?” Simon forgot about his question when Fran started crying. He scooped her up and joined the boys.

“How long ago did he leave?” Simon looked at Fran since the boys were still cats and she seemed to do all the talking for the trio.

He kept rubbing Fran’s back until she’d calmed enough to answer him. “Gone when it was light. Not here when I wake up.”

So Kitryn could have been gone for as long as twelve hours. Simon calculated he had less than twelve hours to find Kitryn and get back to the cave or under shelter before he was unconscious again.

“Stay here. If Kitryn comes back don’t let him leave again or we’ll spend all night trying to find each other.”

Fran clung to him for a few more moments before allowing him to put her down next to the boys.

After a look both ways Simon chose the left and started walking.

***

How could he be so stupid and inattentive? He should have sensed the trap. He should have seen the rope. He should have—

Oh, who was he kidding? His only thought had been about getting back the cave and Simon. The vamp was taking up far too much of his thoughts since they met. Then there were the kits to worry about. What would they do with him gone?

A rustle from nearby had him twisting his head around. It was a rodent of some kind. Kitryn was sure the runty thing was laughing at him.

“That’s right,” he thought to himself. “Laugh at the big kitty hanging from the tree. You just wait until I get out of this.”

He swiped a paw in the air, but all that did was make him start swinging around. The more he tried to balance out again the more he spun. Good Goddess, would it ever stop?

The spinning finally slowed and Kitryn hung from his tree and waited for his head to stop spinning.

He was hungry, thirsty and so damn tired.

“I’m glad I thought to check my traps first.” Kitryn jolted at the familiar voice.

“Your traps?” Kitryn demanded and turned his head far as he could to get a look at the vamp standing below him. “What do you need with traps? And why was this one so big?” Of course, his voice only came out as a series of noises that would make no sense to Simon.

***

Simon tried to keep a straight face but Kitryn really did make a funny sight in his cat form hanging by the rope around his middle. Simon had decided to check his traps on the off chance and it seemed he’d been right.

“I made this one bigger to try and catch a larger animal for me to feed from. I would then also have meat to cook and eat for a while. Of course, I never imagined I’d catch a man-cat in it. How did you not see it? An animal wouldn’t know what to look for, but you…”

Simon pulled out his knife and called a warning, “Brace yourself.” He then cut through the rope allowing Kitryn to drop to the ground.

The cat immediately shifted, and a very angry, very human, very naked man turned on him.

This should be good.

Prompt used: “How long ago did he leave?
My thanks as always to everyone who has commented on this story (I promise I'll catch up on replies again as soon as I can) and to Tim for his continued help with corrections that I miss. :hug:
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 39
  • Love 11
  • Haha 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm glad it wasn't anything sinister just yet (?). They still need time to get to know each other. I'm sure Kitryn won't be angry about the trap. A guy's got to eat. I wonder why he didn't shift? Does he need contact with the ground? Maybe I missed that part. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I too, wondered why he didn’t shift, but I like big hanging cat better. And now he’s mighty upset...uh-oh! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 12/27/2017 at 2:07 AM, wenmale64 said:

I am really liking this story. Caz, you have a way of painting a picture with words. I could really see Kitryn batting at the air and spinning himself dizzy while hanging from his middle on a rope snare.  Now for the next chapter.... Do cats always land on their feet?  Keep it headed our way and we will keep reading and laughing when appropriate :) .

 

I hope he does, although, if he landed in a heap at Simon's feet it would put him in an interesting position ;) 

 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :hug:

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 12/27/2017 at 7:12 AM, Headstall said:

I was a little curious as to why he didn't shift to human form while caught. At least he would have had hands to work with, but it was an amusing scenario at any rate. I wonder how the next scene will go. Good job, Caz... cheers... Gary.... 

 

All will be asked and answered Gary :) As a cat he should have had claws able to free himself...But, he didn't ;) 

 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :hug:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 12/27/2017 at 8:23 AM, chris191070 said:

Loved this chapter

 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :hug:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 12/27/2017 at 4:24 PM, Puppilull said:

I'm glad it wasn't anything sinister just yet (?). They still need time to get to know each other. I'm sure Kitryn won't be angry about the trap. A guy's got to eat. I wonder why he didn't shift? Does he need contact with the ground? Maybe I missed that part. 

 

No, you haven't missed any parts. And no nothing sinister yet, I need more time with them before i send trouble their way :devil: 

 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :hug:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Defiance19 said:

I too, wondered why he didn’t shift, but I like big hanging cat better. And now he’s mighty upset...uh-oh! 

 

I think he'll be all hiss and no claws, at the moment :gikkle: 

 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :hug:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Yeah, I also wondered about the lack of a shift, but perhaps he couldn't be sure where the rope would end up ? It might have been around his neck. :o 

 

That could be a good possibility, Tim :) 

 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment and send me corrections when I miss things.  :hug:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Dr. John NYC said:

So, I wonder if Simon is going to be rewarded or punished now that Kitryn is having a hissing fit...😱

 

Sorry, but I'm stealing one of Gary's favorite emojis from when we ask him questions :X 

 

All will be revealed in time ;) 

 

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment :hug: 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Well everyone else asked my questions and you've answered. :yes:  So all I'll say is "can't wait for the next scene". Hissy fit cat style. And I LOVE cats and have witnessed lots of cat style hissy fits. :gikkle:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 12/31/2017 at 10:29 PM, LadyDe said:

Well everyone else asked my questions and you've answered. :yes:  So all I'll say is "can't wait for the next scene". Hissy fit cat style. And I LOVE cats and have witnessed lots of cat style hissy fits. :gikkle:

 

Next one coming soon :) 

 

Thanks for reading and commenting :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I guess Simon's trap worked quite well.  It did catch a bigger animal.  Now for the fun to begin.  I hope it won't take too long, they both need to get back with food for the very anxious kits waiting for them.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..