Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 216 Words
  • 996 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2017 - 4. Prompt 566 - Broken watches and broken hearts

I sit here, on the porch, thinking, thinking.

Floating on the breeze I can hear our song…

 

Quote

Under the boardwalk) out of the sun

(Under the boardwalk) we'll be havin' some fun

(Under the boardwalk) people walking above

(Under the boardwalk) we'll be falling in love

Under the boardwalk, boardwalk!

 

We did have fun that summer, didn’t we? We sat under the boardwalk, with our knapsacks nearby, cuddling and planning our future.

Then it all went wrong. Why couldn’t I have been the one struck down by illness? Why couldn’t I have taken away your pain?

I found a broken watch of yours today, and it was like the last two months disappeared. I expected you to come up behind me, hold me in your wonderful arms, and tell me it had all been a bad dream.

Then reality crashed my fantasy and the pain is fresh in my heart again.

I hear footsteps, looks like my quiet time is going to be over soon.

I need you with me, my love, I don’t know how to go on alone, how much more I can do on my own.

“Dad, what are you doing, sitting outside in this pouring rain? Come on inside and I’ll get you a cup of coffee.”

List of words,
Broken watch, Boardwalk, Heavy rain, Knapsack, and Cup of coffee.
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I absolutely hate it if an author makes me cry with his / her writing ...  I really couldn't thank you, Caz, for making sad, could I ?

:,(

:tears streaming down my face:

Edited by hohochan657
  • Like 1
Link to comment

That was a sad one, fitting for the week I've had with some heartbreaking news regarding friends of mine... Life has a way of turning things on its head when we least expect it and all we can do is tag along. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 26 March 2017 at 0:17 AM, LadyDe said:

:( Sad and bittersweet. 

 

Yes is was, but thank you for still reading and commenting.

 

:hug: 

 

On 26 March 2017 at 0:24 PM, Mikiesboy said:

This is good Cazzie. A lifetime in a few short sentences. Very touching. Great job!!

 

:thankyou: I am so glad you liked it 

 

:hug: 

 

On 26 March 2017 at 3:14 PM, hohochan657 said:

I absolutely hate it if an author makes me cry with his / her writing ...  I really couldn't thank you, Caz, for making sad, could I ?

:,(

:tears streaming down my face:

 

Thank you for commenting,  and reading, even if it made you cry. 

 

:hug: 

 

14 hours ago, Puppilull said:

That was a sad one, fitting for the week I've had with some heartbreaking news regarding friends of mine... Life has a way of turning things on its head when we least expect it and all we can do is tag along. 

 

When i read the promt list I had spent the day sorting things from my parents loft with my. Mum. We found one of my grandfathers watches that he'd given to me years ago. This scene just came  me and i had to write it. 

 

Thank you for commenting and i hope this week is happier for you

 

:hug: and an extra :hug: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..