Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 802 Words
  • 1,891 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Special Occasion Stories - 7. Casey’s first Christmas with his new mates and family.

This scene is set after Book five of Unison Island. To meet the characters and read their story please give the Unison Island series a read.

Casey froze when the floorboard under his foot creaked.

“You could have just used magic you know,” Jackson said from behind him, causing Casey to jump at least five feet in the air.

Rounding on Jackson he snarled, “are you trying to give me a heart attack or something?”

Jackson gave him a thorough look up and down. “Or something,” he purred with a wink.

Casey shook his head. Since Jackson had mated him and they’d sorted out the mess with Vash’s old pack, Jackson had become a different vampire. He was attentive, romantic, great with the shifter kids they’d found and adopted. It was taking some getting used to.

Shaking himself to clear his thoughts Casey glowered at Jackson. “We need to get these Christmas presents under the tree before the kids catch us at it.”

“And I ask again, why aren’t you using magic?” Jackson seemed genuinely perplexed and Casey was about to answer when…

“Hey, are you two trying to wake the whole house up? Shifter hearing is better than even vampires.”

Casey let out another unmanly yelp and rounded on Vash with a growl that had Vash grinning like a loon.

“Do not creep up on me like that. The next one of you to do that is going to end up missing some essential piece of anatomy, and remember being a witch I could do it without you even noticing.”

Both men grimaced and went silent. Casey led the way to the main room and stopped to gaze at their tree.

Jackson had come home with it at the beginning of December. He’d said that their first Christmas as mates, and parents, needed to be celebrated properly.

The next day a box containing various decorations had arrived from the mainland and the next day came lights. The deliveries had continued until the main room was packed with various shaped boxes and bags.

Three days had been set aside and Jackson, Casey, Vash, Helen, Kelly, and Billy, had spent the entire time turning their home into a winter wonderland. Magic had been banned—much to Casey’s disgust—and they'd had a grand time.

The tree was beautiful with a mishmash of colorful ornaments hanging from it. The crowning glory was the Santa hat that had been placed with much care on the top.

The fireplace had been given a red and white makeover, complete with stockings hanging from nails waiting for Santa to come and fill them.

 

 

Casey moved slowly into the room and scanned around for the stuff he’d told the children to leave out. he found the mince pies and glass of milk sitting neatly on a table by the couch. Picking up the drink he wrinkled his nose and down it in one. The pies he passed off onto Vash and moved toward the fireplace. Working quietly, but quickly, he filled the stocking—including the one the three kids had insisted had to be there for the three adults.

After everything was set out to his satisfaction Casey led the way back to the bedroom. they were about halfway when the sound of feet stopped them in their tracks.

“Shhh,” came Kelly’s hoarse voice. “Quiet or you’ll wake the grownups.”

“Do you really think Santa has been?” This came from Helen.

“I’m telling you I heard movement down there,” Billy put in.

The sound said the kids were getting nearer and there was nowhere to hide. Casey grabbed both Jackson and Vash and in a wink, they were all back in their bed. They hurriedly pulled the covers up and waited.

From downstairs, they heard squeals pealing out. “Santa’s been. Santa’s been.” The pounding of feet on the stairs heralded the door to their room being slammed open.

Three bodies jumped on the bed, knocking the breath out of Casey’s lungs.

“You gotta get up. Santa’s been. Come on get up.” Helen chattered on as she—with the help of Kelly and Billy, who were equally excited—pulled them one by one from the bed.

Back downstairs again, Casey sat on the couch with his mates and watched the children tearing into their gifts. The community had been really generous and gifts had been pouring in.

Casey cringed when he heard squeaking and saw someone had got the kids a trumpet each. That person would be regretting it, very soon.

In short order the gifts had all been opened and Vash got the children to put all their paper in the trash.

As they sat down for breakfast Casey looked around the table. He had his mates and now children. Added to his brother and his growing family, his life felt complete. This was the best Christmas of his life, and he planned to make many more to come.

 

 

Hope everyone has a great Christmas.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow, I've never seen a tree with so many decorations you can't actually see the branches. :lol:
At the end of the story I realised it was early morning when Casey tried to creep down, not late at night. What a shame, I was hoping for a hot Christmas romp with Jackson and Vash. :P
But I'm glad the kids are getting all the love and attention they need. Merry Christmas to you Caz, and thanks for the treat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Love it...hope to read more about them and I hopefull they will have some more kids. Wonder ho will get pregnet Vash,Casey or maybe Jackson lol... Rambeling well just a crazy fan lol. Happy New years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/25/2016 at 3:46 AM, Reader1810 said:

Perfect!! :D

:thankyou: 

On 12/25/2016 at 9:36 AM, Timothy M. said:

Wow, I've never seen a tree with so many decorations you can't actually see the branches. :lol:
At the end of the story I realised it was early morning when Casey tried to creep down, not late at night. What a shame, I was hoping for a hot Christmas romp with Jackson and Vash. :P
But I'm glad the kids are getting all the love and attention they need. Merry Christmas to you Caz, and thanks for the treat.

Sorry about the missing romp, maybe i can put it in a later short scene.

On 12/27/2016 at 7:32 PM, Afrodita79 said:

Love it...hope to read more about them and I hopefull they will have some more kids. Wonder ho will get pregnet Vash,Casey or maybe Jackson lol... Rambeling well just a crazy fan lol. Happy New years.

I am thinking of doing a spin off series with the kids. But as always time is my enemy. 

Thank you all for commenting and I am so sorry I missed these and didn't reply sooner. :hug: :hug:  :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..