Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 309 Words
  • 1,405 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompts 2017 - 1. Always check and double check

“There is no way I’m wearing that!” Dereck snapped.

Chris looked at the costume he was holding then back at his furious looking partner. “Why not?”

“I’ll look like an idiot. That’s why not!”

“But, it’s couples costume night. We’re supposed to either dress in matching costume or as a famous couple. If you don’t like this what about, Tweedle-dumb and Tweedle-dee? They’d be less revealing if that’s the problem.”

“I don’t have a problem showing skin, you know that. I do have a problem, however, looking like an idiot.”

“You’ll look like an even bigger idiot if you show up not wearing a costume and everyone else is dressed up.”

“Fine,” Dereck snapped and snatched the hanger out of Chris’ hand. He stormed to the bedroom and slammed the door, shaking the walls of their bedroom.

***

The noise coming from the club indicated the party was well underway as Chris and Dereck rushed up.

“I told you we’d be late,” Chris whined pulling at his top, and patting his hair.

“You were the one primping for ages, even after I was ready to go.”

Still huffing Chris pulled the main door open and froze.

“What’s the hold-up, babe? Come on this costume is draughty.” Dereck pushed past and froze next to his lover.

Everyone near the door had stopped and were staring at them. And not one of them was wearing a costume.

“Um.” Their friend Colin pushed through the crowd and rushed up to them. “The costume night was last night,” he hissed.

Dereck rounded on his boyfriend and snarled, “You got the wrong day? You have a reminder on your phone for everything. How could you do this to me?”

He turned on his ridiculously, high heels and swept out the door, the cape of his wonder woman costume swirling out behind him.

Prompt 550
First line - There is no way I'm wearing that!
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ahhh... Boys! I'm sure you would have rocked your outfits! But I can understand it can be a bit much if no one else is dressed up...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 01/21/2017 07:26 AM, Puppilull said:

Ahhh... Boys! I'm sure you would have rocked your outfits! But I can understand it can be a bit much if no one else is dressed up...

If they looked half as good as my imagination had them looking, they looked great :yes:

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 01/29/2017 10:32 AM, Ron said:

Ha-ha! At least poor Dereck was able to have himself a dramatic exit.

I wonder what the punishment was for hi partner when they got home? Hmm, may put that in another prompt sometime.

 

Thanks for the review.

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 01/29/2017 01:28 PM, CassieQ said:

That totally sounds like something I would do. :lol:

I'll admit it is actually something that could have happened when i was younger. Now, i write everything down - at least twice.

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..