Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 485 Words
  • 2,394 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Prompt's for 2014 - 11. Prompt 376 - She said what !!!

“But I never said that!” Jamie insisted again to a very irate Andrew.

“You must have. Where else would she have picked it up from? She hasn’t been at school long enough to have picked up language from the kids. We would have heard it first if she had.”

Andrew was furious, but so was Jamie. They had both been called into the teacher’s office, where they had spent a very uncomfortable time being lectured on the importance of watching their language around young and impressionable ears.

Miss Marchint had particularly laid into Jamie as Elizabeth claimed he was the one she had heard using the offensive language in the first place.

When Jamie had heard what he was supposed to have said, he denied it immediately and vehemently.

This led to the argument the mates were still having when they arrived home. They had sent Elizabeth to her room and continued to snipe at each other.

“You must have said it. Why would Lizzie say it was you if it wasn’t? And anyway the notice as we entered the office said there is a truth spell laid over the office. So Lizzie couldn’t have lied even …”

“But that’s my point,” Jamie interrupted, “I denied it in the office as soon as I heard what she said. If I was lying you and the teacher, both would have known it.”

Andrew frowned as he thought it over.

“Fine let’s ask Lizzie and get this sorted once and for all.”

***

Lizzie came bounding into the room at her father’s call, but her smile dropped when she seemed to sense the tension in the room.

“What’s wrong Pa? Da?” She asked looking at both men.

“Lizzie, we would like to know why you told your teacher that you heard Da using bad language.” Andrew said.

“But Da – you did say it. How was I to know I would get into trouble for using it too?” Elizabeth insisted looking at Jamie.

“Alright. Let’s start at the beginning and maybe we can get this sorted out. There must be a misunderstanding somewhere. When did I say what you repeated?” Jamie asked kneeling in front of Elizabeth to try and not look angry with her. She looked like she was about to burst into tears.

“Yesterday,” Lizzie said with a tearful sniff, “Pa was telling jokes and you said it to him.”

Now Andrew was shaking his head, “I remember telling jokes yesterday but Da didn’t say anything bad to me. All he said was…”

Lizzie jumped in, “He told you ‘Don’t to be so dickless’”, she stated firmly staring into her father’s eyes.

Andrew doubled over in laughter, while Jamie went red with embarrassment.

“I said ‘Don’t be so RIDICULOUS’” Jamie said in dismay.

Moral:

Be careful what you say with children nearby.

They may have their own idea about what you said!!! :lmao:

I used prompt 376 - First line: But I never said that!
This is set after book 5 of Unison Island
As always:
Read :read:
Enjoy :P
and please comment (and like) :2thumbs:
Copyright © 2018 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You had me worried for a bit--I thought maybe the girl was developing telepathy or something! Ii laughed my butt off at the last line!

 

More, please!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Now all I can think about is mishearing a song lyric as a kid and singing it at the top of my lungs and my parents losing it. Oh brother.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

LMAO! As a mom... that really tickled me. It is SO something a young kid would do. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/12/2014 10:48 AM, craftingmom said:
hehe, most definitely be careful what you say!

Oh yes, little ears hear everything :gikkle:

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/13/2014 04:16 PM, Cia said:
LMAO! As a mom... that really tickled me. It is SO something a young kid would do. :P

:yes: been there, worn the red face as I tried to explain to people what she actually meant :gikkle:

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/12/2014 04:56 PM, comicfan said:
Now all I can think about is mishearing a song lyric as a kid and singing it at the top of my lungs and my parents losing it. Oh brother.

Yep, my mum read this and decided to share some stories about me :wub:

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/12/2014 01:09 PM, ColumbusGuy said:
You had me worried for a bit--I thought maybe the girl was developing telepathy or something! Ii laughed my butt off at the last line!

 

More, please!

More will come I promise 0:)

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/12/2014 01:16 PM, LadyDe said:
Out of the mouths of babes! :gikkle:

Oh yes, they know just what to say at the wrong time.

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..